gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680792 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 05:13:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carol Kaye's BS  (Read 18898 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

Has anyone heard the things Carol Kaye has been saying about the Wrecking Crew, Brian Wilson, Jan & Dean, etc...

Why is she lying so much??? There are a lot of things that are up for speculation, but the things she has been saying are crazy!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »

Has anyone heard the things Carol Kaye has been saying about the Wrecking Crew, Brian Wilson, Jan & Dean, etc...

Why is she lying so much??? There are a lot of things that are up for speculation, but the things she has been saying are crazy!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
New stuff - not the Love & Mercy hat bimbo stuff?
Do you have a link?
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh
she's been doing this for awhile...do you have anything new? or is this just an overall question?  Grin
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »

AGD could write you an entire book about the subject.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 08:58:24 PM »

What's she saying now, and where ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »

She was a tremendous musician who played on more great records than all us posters combined here I'm guessing.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »

Methinks it is funny to critisize this lady whenever the subject comes up, whereas absolutely fine to defend rocky pamplin & ask other posters, "Don't run him off". She at least has some credentials as a musician. He's just a nobody; plain Joe as it were.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 12:16:52 AM »

She was a tremendous musician who played on more great records than all us posters combined here I'm guessing.

She unquestionably did. It's the ones she didn't play on we find problematical.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 12:21:10 AM »

Methinks it is funny to critisize this lady whenever the subject comes up, whereas absolutely fine to defend rocky pamplin & ask other posters, "Don't run him off". She at least has some credentials as a musician. He's just a nobody; plain Joe as it were.

Well said. She's maybe stubborn but she's never f***ed Brian or the Boys over like Rocky.

“We live in divisive times.”
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 02:02:57 AM »

Yes, Kaye is an incredibly talented bassist and guitarist- that cannot be denied.

However, I was listening to this Hal Blaine interview, and let's just say he had some heated words for Carol. It's a great interview, but listen at around 13:15  to hear about Kaye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0nDMASZoM
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 03:13:22 AM »

Well said. She's maybe stubborn but she's never f***ed Brian or the Boys over like Rocky.

Two words: James Jamerson.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 04:19:35 AM »

Four words: Who gives a sh#t?  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 06:23:51 AM »

Four words: Who gives a sh#t?  Roll Eyes

Are you really saying who cares about the accurate history of the band? I guess we can shut down the board.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 06:31:23 AM »

Please don't quote OSD, it means I still get to see his drivel.  Grin

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 07:04:44 AM »

LOL I thought he'd stopped posting here!

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »

Yes, Kaye is an incredibly talented bassist and guitarist- that cannot be denied.

However, I was listening to this Hal Blaine interview, and let's just say he had some heated words for Carol. It's a great interview, but listen at around 13:15  to hear about Kaye

Carol's a legendary musician, but as Hal put it, Carol's "become a saboteur". Hal even claims she wasn't an actual part of the WC, but rather an "augementer" who started as one of seven or so guitarists on the dates before being given a break by Phil, and someone who has gone on to take credit due not only to James Jamerson, but also to Ray Pohlman, as well as wreaking havoc among the survivors of Earl Palmer, that other bass players consider her a laughing stock, and that the courts are now tired of her BS. Hal spends a good 6 or 7 minutes on the topic of CK, and finishes by saying "That's our Carol - there's nothing you can do about it, but she's nuts."
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 08:47:56 AM »

Understood Craig. Watching the Wrecking Crew documentary though I got a sense of unease,nth at CK was very much a "woman in a man's world", and detected an element of male chauvinism/bigotry/sexist bullshit undercurrent that gave me a new respect for her. She probably had to desktop a few extra inches of hide to cope with that, instead of quitting in tears. She might have become confused over exactly what sessions she played on, and for who, but listen to TSS (edit: just paused to remember who I'm responding to!! LOL ), she's all over it. She might be nuts but she's earned the right to some respect and not just for her playing.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

However, I was listening to this Hal Blaine interview, and let's just say he had some heated words for Carol. It's a great interview, but listen at around 13:15  to hear about Kaye

Carol's a legendary musician, but as Hal put it, Carol's "become a saboteur". Hal even claims she wasn't an actual part of the WC, but rather an "augementer" who started as one of seven or so guitarists on the dates before being given a break by Phil, and someone who has gone on to take credit due not only to James Jamerson, but also to Ray Pohlman, as well as wreaking havoc among the survivors of Earl Palmer, that other bass players consider her a laughing stock, and that the courts are now tired of her BS. Hal spends a good 6 or 7 minutes on the topic of CK, and finishes by saying "That's our Carol - there's nothing you can do about it, but she's nuts."

This is the ultimate problem. In her zeal to have session musicians recognized, Carol has ended up undermining then instead. It's a real shame.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:12:02 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 09:02:21 AM »

LOL I thought he'd stopped posting here!

(slips into a blissful reverie...)

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »

However, I was listening to this Hal Blaine interview, and let's just say he had some heated words for Carol. It's a great interview, but listen at around 13:15  to hear about Kaye

This is the ultimate problem. In her zeal to have session musicians recognized, Carl has ended up undermining then instead. It's a real shame.

Carol should be lauded for the many, many, many hits she played on, and the iconic TV themes... but her unquestionable achievements shouldn't afford her a free pass from lying about being on tracks she demonstrably wasn't. And she is lying, and worse, claiming the works of others as her own. That's indefensible.

clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 10:26:14 AM »

The Wrecking Crew are way overrated in the 1st place, especially as compared to the Muscle Shoals or Stax session guys, who actually wrote, arranged, and produced the records.

Who, besides Leon Russell, Glen Campbell, Jim Gordon, and maybe Billy Strange, actually made important independent  contributions to the music of the day?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

The Wrecking Crew are way overrated in the 1st place, especially as compared to the Muscle Shoals or Stax session guys, who actually wrote, arranged, and produced the records.

Who, besides Leon Russell, Glen Campbell, Jim Gordon, and maybe Billy Strange, actually made important independent  contributions to the music of the day?

Al de Lory, by virtue of arranging Glen Campbell's early hits.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »

As noted, an unquestionably important part of music history.  But for me, it's the window into her personality that reveals possible issues. And I get this strictly from her Facebook posts. Everybody is against her; The Wrecking Crew, the Banks, Politicians, even her own Facebook friends.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »

Mac Rebennack. Larry Knechtel won a Grammy for arranging. P.F. Sloan if you count him as a member of the Crew. Harold Battiste. Barney Kessel.
I'd also argue that Earl Palmer, while he didn't write or produce, was so important as a drummer that he matches the contribution of pretty much anyone.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »

Al de Lory, by virtue of arranging Glen Campbell's early hits.

He produced "Wichita Lineman", which is one of my all time-top 10 songs.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx