-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Melissa Harris-Perry: Star Wars is "racist because Darth Vader is black"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Melissa Harris-Perry: Star Wars is "racist because Darth Vader is black"  (Read 35122 times)
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »

“While he was black he was terrible and bad, awful and used to cut off white men’s hand, and didn’t actually claim his son. But as soon as he claims his son, goes over to the good, takes off his mask and he is white — yes, I have many feelings about that.”

LOL

Folk are still harping on on the net that a black guy doesn't fit in Star Wars.  This stuff goes both ways.  Can't we just agree that idiots are idiots?

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 02:34:32 PM »

Welcome to equality. We can take 'em as easily and as gracefully as we give 'em. It's only fair, right? I'm so fair about it I call everyone "bitch" regardless of their cis parts. Because everyone's equal, right?

Or are some more equal than others and automatically excused from criticism or, indeed, labels?
I would prefer that we move to equally thoughtful rather than equally rude. I don't like when people use male-based insults anymore than I do female. When someone points out to me that I'm being prejudicial (as you are in your post) or unfairly generalizing, I don't brush it off with a label or an attack. I try to improve by listening to criticism.

Yup.

Seems like the blaming everything on the  'PC' thing is a way to avoid actually being respectful and considerate to others.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »

What a stupid bitch. May she be locked in a room and forced to watch The Phantom Menace over and over again.
It's good to be aware that your hateful disdain extends to all women. Thanks for the heads up.

How does a comment about one woman extend to "all women?"
By using a term that degrades all women to insult her. But you knew that.

...Writing "what a stupid bitch" doesn't imply all women are "stupid bitches".

But some are. For instance, the ones who try reading between the lines and feel the need to write haughty and sarcastic replies.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:07:48 PM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 03:28:30 PM »

What a stupid bitch. May she be locked in a room and forced to watch The Phantom Menace over and over again.
It's good to be aware that your hateful disdain extends to all women. Thanks for the heads up.

How does a comment about one woman extend to "all women?"
By using a term that degrades all women to insult her. But you knew that.

...Writing "what a stupid bitch" doesn't imply all women are "stupid bitches".

But some are. For instance, the ones who try reading between the lines and feel the need to write haughty and sarcastic replies.
Using sex-based insults implies something about the sex. For instance calling someone a d*ck implies something generally negative about men.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »

For instance calling someone a d*ck implies something generally negative about men.

It only says something negative about the targeted "someone". It doesn't say or imply anything about other men. What makes you feel it does?

When someone gets called a dick, I don't feel offended as a man. Some guys are dicks and that's a perfectly fine thing to say.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 03:47:55 PM »

For instance calling someone a d*ck implies something generally negative about men.

It only says something negative about the targeted "someone". It doesn't say or imply anything about other men. What makes you feel it does?

When someone gets called a dick, I don't feel offended as a man. Some guys are dicks and that's a perfectly fine thing to say.
You don't understand that the words that we use as insults became insults for a reason?
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »

Her being a "bitch" has nothing to do with having a view on a movie you don't agree with.
In this context, the insult "bitch" was chosen (and repeatedly used by different posters) simply because she was a female.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:17:24 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »

Anyway... back to Melissa Harris-Perry.

MSNBC's biggest idiot...no small feat.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »

At this point I'm undecided what is the more stupid statement - Melissa Harris-Perry claiming Star Wars is Racist 'cos Darth Vader is black or Emily claiming that calling a woman a stupid bitch means you hate all women.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2015, 07:28:45 PM »

I hereby declare that "bitch" is a genderfluid insult. You're oppressing me if you disagree. Oh, and you're sexist and definitionally prejudiced (see, I can improvise words that don't really mean anything like the best of the Tumblristas, too!).

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »

At this point I'm undecided what is the more stupid statement - Melissa Harris-Perry claiming Star Wars is Racist 'cos Darth Vader is black or Emily claiming that calling a woman a stupid bitch means you hate all women.

Jumping to conclusions based on absolutely no evidence is what made this board the hippopotamical monstrosity it is today, Mr. "I didn't like NPP so therefore I hate Brian Wilson." Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2015, 07:46:26 PM »

Jumping to conclusions based on absolutely no evidence is what made this board the hippopotamical monstrosity it is today, Mr. "I didn't like NPP so therefore I hate Brian Wilson." Smiley
Is it jumping to conclusions that someone being misogynist is misogynist?
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »

Referring to someone as a misogynist for using the word "bitch" is an example of jumping to conclusions. You know who else uses the word "bitch?" Tons of women. I don't see them complaining about the usage.

There's a difference between wanting tact and trying to police the thinking and word usage of others.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »

Referring to someone as a misogynist for using the word "bitch" is an example of jumping to conclusions. You know who else uses the word "bitch?" Tons of women. I don't see them complaining about the usage.

There's a difference between wanting tact and trying to police the thinking and word usage of others.
Lots of women are misogynist. How could they not be? Look at the culture in which they were raised.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2015, 07:54:23 PM »

If you think the culture in which women were raised in this country is a misogynist culture, I really do wonder what you think about the progressive cultures overseas...y'know, where women are actually oppressed. Y'know, because the word "bitch" is clearly a microaggression these days. Let's get the safe spaces ready...the trigger-happy generation is about to go into collective convulsions.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2015, 07:59:42 PM »

Wow.

Between this and http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23152.0.html  I'm starting to strongly consider nuking the sandbox.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »

Wow.

Between this and http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23152.0.html  I'm starting to strongly consider nuking the sandbox.

where the hell am I supposed to talk about jury duty in the future
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »

YOU HAD ONE JOB...that was telling them about jury nullification BEFORE you ended up in the courtroom!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »

Wow.

Between this and http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23152.0.html  I'm starting to strongly consider nuking the sandbox.

LOL

Those threads are fine

?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »

Wow.

I suggest a qualified therapist.  I still have nightmares.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2015, 06:37:12 PM »

Wow.

You know, I came home last night, checked the mail..and saw a summons for jury duty. YOU JINXED ME LOL

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2015, 08:19:15 PM »

So who else is going to embrace their white privilege and see Star Wars tomorrow, just to annoy racial tension pimps like Melissa Harris-Perry?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2015, 08:51:19 PM »

This white black hispanic Jew will be working Sad

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2015, 11:03:15 PM »

Wow.

You know, I came home last night, checked the mail..and saw a summons for jury duty. YOU JINXED ME LOL

I'm always here to talk if you need it, Billy.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2015, 11:26:13 PM »

So who else is going to embrace their white privilege and see Star Wars tomorrow, just to annoy racial tension pimps like Melissa Harris-Perry?

I saw it at a midnight showing this morning. It's not that great.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: