-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Christmas Specials
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christmas Specials  (Read 12459 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 04:20:24 PM »

The only thing worse than the Star Wars Holiday Special is the Star Wars Christmas album.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
KDS
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 05:34:21 AM »

The only thing worse than the Star Wars Holiday Special is the Star Wars Christmas album.

Considering the number of bootlegs out there, I'm surprised George Lucas hasn't relented and let Disney give it a legit release. 

Speaking of bad, check out the ALF Christmas Special.  It's the TV special equivalent of The Christmas Shoes. 
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »

Considering the number of bootlegs out there, I'm surprised George Lucas hasn't relented and let Disney give it a legit release. 

I'm guessing George figures he'll be able to scrape by on his $4.2 billion and sees no need to try make money off it.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 10:00:26 AM »

I plan to watch Christmas with Bring and Frank this weekend.  I've never seen it before, so that should be fun to watch.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »

Judy Garland is always classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzCL3FM9dDc
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 12:05:09 PM »

Hi all,

Tomorrow night from 8 - 10 pm. on the Hallmark Channel there will be a movie directed by and starring Mariah Carey called A Christmas Melody.  Following the movie from 10 -11 p.m. there will a concert called Mariah Carey's Merriest Christmas.  I am looking forward to this very much. 

Happy Viewing!!!

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 12:48:31 PM »

Judy Garland is always classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzCL3FM9dDc

I always try to pull up this one, too. Two of the great male voices of the past - Mel Torme' and Jack Jones (actually Jack is still performing and recording). It's very emotional at the end when Judy sings to her children. This episode was taped just two weeks after the JFK assignation. Such a simpler, innocent time, though that would soon change...
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 06:39:26 AM »

How about this special Christmas performance last night on SNL by The Boss with a friend of his: https://youtu.be/YHW115pAK08
KDS
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2015, 05:19:44 AM »

How about this special Christmas performance last night on SNL by The Boss with a friend of his: https://youtu.be/YHW115pAK08

Pretty cool stuff. 

Speaking of SNL, they had some classic Christmas bits during their first 20 years or so on the air.

-Mr. Robinson's Christmas
-Hanukkah Harry
-Gerald Ford addresses the Nation
-Santi Wrap
-Mainway Toys
-Lost Ending to It's a Wonderful Life
-Matt Foley Plays Santa Claus
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2015, 11:54:05 PM »

I plan to watch Christmas with Bring and Frank this weekend.  I've never seen it before, so that should be fun to watch.
Youtube has it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBJ8iGHUOEg
At last, sth. not too long - it only runs 26 minutes. Perfect time. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 07:07:46 PM »

Kinda late to the party, but to me the only special I still go outta my way to watch every year is Santa Claus is Coming to Town. The other Rankin/Bass specials havent aged well for me at all. Rudolf...eh. Frosty....eher. Little Drummer Boy aint bad. The others, like Jack Frost, Nestor and Shiny New Year I thought sucked even as a kid.

Grinch is pretty good. The Hey Arnold Christmas special is also very touching. Spongebob too. Charlie Brown is alright...I gotta admit tho I do think its slightly overrated. Its very touching but the way people blindly praise everything about it youd think it was Citizen Kane or something. I remember liking the Yogi bear christmas special as a kid but never really saw it again.

When it comes to movies...Its a Wonderful Life. I cant think of any other worthwhile christmas films.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: