-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Father of seven leaves family to live as a six-year-old girl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Father of seven leaves family to live as a six-year-old girl  (Read 11325 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 08:37:50 AM »

And I still think the original story is a hoax.

Doesn't matter.  Billy, AGD, the rest of you... It does not matter if this is a hoax or not.  The "next one" won't be.  C'mon guys.

The only question is... how long will it take for it to become "accepted" enough for A political party (guess which one) to use it to Divide us.  We all know the formula..

1. drop this behavior in a movie...
2. over time, start to make the roles out to be a hero. persecuted.
3. wash rinse repeat -- and drop in a popular sitcom.  Done.

4. once it's "accepted" enough... attack the OTHER political party for being bigots.

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 09:42:51 PM »

And I still think the original story is a hoax.

Doesn't matter.  Billy, AGD, the rest of you... It does not matter if this is a hoax or not.  The "next one" won't be.  C'mon guys.

The only question is... how long will it take for it to become "accepted" enough for A political party (guess which one) to use it to Divide us.  We all know the formula..

1. drop this behavior in a movie...
2. over time, start to make the roles out to be a hero. persecuted.
3. wash rinse repeat -- and drop in a popular sitcom.  Done.

4. once it's "accepted" enough... attack the OTHER political party for being bigots.

I know right off the bat Im gonna regret this...but Ill bite.

Look...Ive never heard of this transage before and to be honest I dont believe its real. Why? Because all through history, Ive never heard of a case of it. Even now with the internet giving everyone a voice, the ONLY case Im hearing is this one. This may sound hypocritical coming from me considering my own identity issues...but whether you take a sympathetic view to transgender people or not, we've existed for a long long time. Even Elagabalus, one of the Roman Emperors, is on record as being trans. Its not a made up phenomena or special snowflake syndrome. It can be hard to understand for people who have no concept for what it means to feel like your own body is a mistake, and people tend to lash out against the unknown with fear. For a lot of people gender norms are an unshakable foundation of life and seeing people break that down is akin to say...seeing their religion or nation or morality challenged. They take it personally and react defensively, tearing down the "other" which is a threat to their worldview. I understand. Its tribalism, and its imprinted in our DNA. You see it all the time with people taking sports, taste in media and ethnicity way to seriously and challenging those who identify as something they dont.

Now for this person...theyre obviously mentally unwell. My armchair diagnosis is they cant handle adulthood and want to revert to a time/age where they dont have to worry about the responsibilities of having kids and financial issues. They need counseling and help of some kind. Maybe some of you think the same about me. Well, I could point out that throughout medical history other treatments have been tried on transgender people and none have been successful. The best treatment is to just let transgender people express as the sex they identify as. Maybe to some thats feeding into the delusion. But even if that were so, why does it matter? If someone wants to do something that makes them feel comfortable and happy, why should it bother you--theyre not hurting anyone. Who decided people born with a penis have to have short hair, wear pants and be assertive and vice versa? To me, exploring the other side--womens fashion and roles etc aside from making me feel more like myself is also just akin to tripping and trying new food, media and vacations. We have a big diverse world to explore, our minds are a universe in themselves. Why not explore it all? Why go thru life NOT seeing how being feminine/masculine makes you feel just because society says its weird? If you have no desire to, no harm no foul but then dont harass those who feel the need to explore. Basically...dont knock it till youve tried it, and if you dont want to at least accept the fact that some people do. We're just not happy with the bodies/roles that came with our designated chromosomes we had no choice in.

So what separates this person from other trans people? Again, this is one isolated case from one person, where transgender has been around at least the last 2000 years (and almost certainly longer.) There are studies that show transgender really do have brain anatomy which more closely resembles their identified gender than their given. Obviously thats not the case for wanting to be a kid. Somethings up with this person obviously, but unlike with someone "just" transgender, actually encouraging them to live out their "fantasy" (as Im sure some of you see being transgender) actually would harm other people. The wife and kids dependent on her for one. And whoever this girl expects to be her caretakers.

This story shouldnt have been reported, at least not in the way they chose to. Theyre just looking for clickbait and page views and outrageous headlines will do the job. Its frustrating for me and others in my situation because it perpetuates the image of us as freaks and idiots. Its heartbreaking how every time theres a story about us in the news the comment section is full of hatred and vitriol. The past year saw the highest number of trans murders and suicides EVER. People then look at the suicides and say "see! feeding into their delusions causes them to kill themselves! they need conversion therapy!" when in reality those suicides are brought on by the hatred of the masses, disownment from families, discrimination from jobs, the sorrow of not transitioning sooner and missing good years as something youre not, and overall lack of support. This just rubs salt in the wound, when they do that. It really does just boil down to: ok, you think its weird. I think getting face piercings, Mohawk hairstyles and obsessing over sports is weird. I may think less of you for it, but Id at least have the grace to not say it to your face, and certainly not kill you for it or blame that for your suicide (if you were to do such a thing.)

Bean Bag...theres really no reason to fear monger. All gay people want to do is get married and not be fired for their orientation. All trans people want to do is present as the sex they feel on the inside without getting harassed or killed. All ANY minority wants to do is be treated as human. And its disgusting to imply that the push for equal rights and protections are somehow a sign of the end times or other nonsense. I can totally understand how seeing stories like this can make you wonder "where will this end" but you have to understand this is one lone individual who is clearly unwell. Society can function if there are people who prefer homosexual relations or to transition. They are still self reliant and functional. Their goals are basically to be left in peace. Thats why society is slowly but surely beginning to accept them--and thats as it should be. Nobody is trying to cater to this one lone person whose goals (to be catered to like a child as they abandon their family) are NOT reasonable.

I really dont know how else I can put it, but I hope that clears it up, the difference between legitimate sexual minorities and...this. To the person who says how it seems like theres always a new thing, sexually speaking...well...sexuality is NOT binary. Maybe it is for you, but for humanity as a whole, its a continuum. People like different types of men/women. Some like both. Some are homosexual. Some are into age play. This person seems to be of that last one...and are taking it too far.

I gotta say tho Bean Bag, your comments are pretty hurtful as someone who IS a persecuted minority. Depending on your age and location I understand never meeting people who are much different and thus they can seem threatening or "other" to you. But please, at least TRY to have an open mind and remember we're all people. Even the person in this story is just that...a person. And while I dont condone treating her like a 6 year old girl either, they are clearly unwell and deserve help and sympathy.

/rant.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:51:18 PM by Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard » Logged

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 10:40:33 PM »

Very well said.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2016, 06:44:25 AM »

Second that. What makes this board (sometimes) outstanding is that we don't just have people across the whole fan spectrum, but from across the whole people spectrum. We should celebrate that.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2016, 07:15:08 AM »

Amen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: