gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:06:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2016  (Read 135248 times)
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2015, 02:30:14 PM »

I noticed some 2016 talk was already taking place in the 2015 tour thread, so I figured it was appropriate to start a new thread.

It appears Mike and Bruce are taking the first few weeks of 2016 off before a series of shows in California, the Northeast and Florida. Of some interest, it appears that for the first two dates in May (Kansas City and Des Moines) they are offering a VIP meet & greet experience. I haven't been able to determine what this will entail, but I think they took a break from doing these after returning from the UK in early-2015. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So, anyone holding tickets?
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »

Yep! 2nd row for Baltimore!!
KDS
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 05:29:12 AM »

My wife and I will be in the same row.  Looking forward to it.  Hoping David Marks is there too, but I'm not expecting to get lucky enough to see two shows with Dave in the course of six months. 
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 08:07:46 AM »

Well, I was contemplating the Des Moines show to take advantage of the meet and greet, but those tickets are sold out. I'm hoping they continue east on that tour and hit Illinois, Indiana, Michigan or Ohio--those would be closer for me anyway. I would really like to see a theater show, as the last two I attended were summer, outdoor venues.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »

My wife and I will be in the same row.  Looking forward to it.  Hoping David Marks is there too, but I'm not expecting to get lucky enough to see two shows with Dave in the course of six months. 

It seems that if David joins them, it's typically in the summertime.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »

Pretty psyched to be seeing M&B in Cranston Rhode Island February 14 2016!
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 07:31:45 AM »

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased front row with meet & greet for Kansas City, MO on May 14. Looking forward to my first "theater show". I called both the venue and AXS (ticket seller) and they have zero information on the meet & greet. I have no idea if this will include the soundcheck, but hoping there are some extras beyond just meeting Mike and Bruce.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 08:26:28 AM »

I noticed some 2016 talk was already taking place in the 2015 tour thread, so I figured it was appropriate to start a new thread.

It appears Mike and Bruce are taking the first few weeks of 2016 off before a series of shows in California, the Northeast and Florida. Of some interest, it appears that for the first two dates in May (Kansas City and Des Moines) they are offering a VIP meet & greet experience. I haven't been able to determine what this will entail, but I think they took a break from doing these after returning from the UK in early-2015. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So, anyone holding tickets?

I saw them in Massachussets in August 2015 and they did a meet and greet.  Just Mike and Bruce - David Marks was wandering around by himself while the meet and greet was going on. 
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 11:39:39 AM »

New date in Peoria, IL on May 13. There is no mention of a VIP option. It seems strange how there is no uniformity so far this tour. I called the Kansas City and Des Moines venues to get more information on the VIP and meet & greet experiences--both acknowledge selling this package, but had no information on what it entailed.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 12:23:19 PM »

New date in Peoria, IL on May 13. There is no mention of a VIP option. It seems strange how there is no uniformity so far this tour. I called the Kansas City and Des Moines venues to get more information on the VIP and meet & greet experiences--both acknowledge selling this package, but had no information on what it entailed.

My kids got me tickets to the KC show for Christmas but I doubt they got they got the VIP option.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »

My kids got me tickets to the KC show for Christmas but I doubt they got they got the VIP option.
It looks like I got lucky. The band kicks off its Summer tour right here in downtown Kansas City. May 14, 2016. Great venue with a rich history and priced up another tier!
This was from a December 11 post.

Great present Cam!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 04:24:37 PM »

It looks like I got lucky. The band kicks off its Summer tour right here in downtown Kansas City. May 14, 2016. Great venue with a rich history and priced up another tier!
This was from a December 11 post.

Great present Cam!

I'll be in touch when I actually have tickets in hand.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 07:41:54 PM »

Does anyone know what the internet presale code is for the May 12th Rockford, IL show?

The show isn't even on The Beach Boys or the venue's website, but it's on Ticketmaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/the-beach-boys-rockford-illinois-05-12-2016/event/04005039DB572578?artistid=734518&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Brian introduced The Little Girl I Once Knew by saying that the first two notes sounded "Chinese," but not to worry because the rest of the song was "American."    
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:57 AM »

John, I'll be going to Glasgow and Edinburgh.  No pre-sale info yet.  Not even any prices for packages etc which isn't good IMHO.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »

John, I'll be going to Glasgow and Edinburgh.  No pre-sale info yet.  Not even any prices for packages etc which isn't good IMHO.

Glasgow and poss Manc for me… I'll be in the cheap seats as I just can't accept this VIP package crap. I was applied in 02 and 04, meeting Brian and various band members numerous times and paying to breathe the same air isn't right. I don't charge friends who come round for dinner I don't expect a whip round in the pub so folk can share my presence, and I'm f***ed if I'll pay a premium on top of my seat price to spend times with folks I used to share a pint with.

It's just me being a tight grumpy Yorkshireman. Ignore me and I'll shut up and go away…

Glasgow tickets are on sale from 10am Friday; that's enough for (from?) me. Smiley

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 01:33:32 PM »

Glasgow and poss Manc for me… I'll be in the cheap seats as I just can't accept this VIP package crap. I was applied in 02 and 04, meeting Brian and various band members numerous times and paying to breathe the same air isn't right. I don't charge friends who come round for dinner I don't expect a whip round in the pub so folk can share my presence, and I'm f***ed if I'll pay a premium on top of my seat price to spend times with folks I used to share a pint with.

It's just me being a tight grumpy Yorkshireman. Ignore me and I'll shut up and go away…

Glasgow tickets are on sale from 10am Friday; that's enough for (from?) me. Smiley

We're in the wrong thread aren't we! How did that happen?

“We live in divisive times.”
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 02:08:51 PM »

I agree with this, basically. The soundcheck package is rather different -- that's basically paying more for a better seat and an extra performance, so I'll be going for that -- but I won't be paying for a meet and greet.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 03:38:06 PM »

Lol, sorry guys that was my mistake!  I read John's post in the other thread and replied to it here.  Grin

Let's get out of here until Mike and Bruce come back to the UK!  Cheesy
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 08:30:39 PM »

I've never seen a BB show with no Wilsons, but I'm tempted to catch them next Tuesday at this cool old theater in Brooklyn, with a great Groupon discount:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-beach-boys-6

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 02:27:28 AM »

I've never seen a BB show with no Wilsons, but I'm tempted to catch them next Tuesday at this cool old theater in Brooklyn, with a great Groupon discount:

I'd definitely take the offer up. When they play theatres, rather than outdoor venues, they often do longer shows with more of the unusual songs, not just the hits, so you'll more than get your money's worth. Looking at the setlist they were playing in theatres last week ( http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/2016/granada-theatre-santa-barbara-ca-3f3dd4b.html ), there's some great stuff in there -- Good To My Baby, All This Is That, Til I Die -- that they only do at that kind of venue, and that they do *very* well (Jeff sounds absolutely gorgeous on All This Is That). For the kind of prices they're asking on that site, it'll probably be the best value show you've ever been to...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
KDS
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 05:09:38 AM »

I'd definitely take the offer up. When they play theatres, rather than outdoor venues, they often do longer shows with more of the unusual songs, not just the hits, so you'll more than get your money's worth. Looking at the setlist they were playing in theatres last week ( http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/2016/granada-theatre-santa-barbara-ca-3f3dd4b.html ), there's some great stuff in there -- Good To My Baby, All This Is That, Til I Die -- that they only do at that kind of venue, and that they do *very* well (Jeff sounds absolutely gorgeous on All This Is That). For the kind of prices they're asking on that site, it'll probably be the best value show you've ever been to...

I can't remember who posted it. 

But somebody on this forum (might've been the 2015 M&B thread) said if you post song requests on Mike's Facebook page, he sometimes includes them.

I'm going to try that next week for the theater gig I'm seeing in Baltimore. 
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 05:59:54 AM »

But somebody on this forum (might've been the 2015 M&B thread) said if you post song requests on Mike's Facebook page, he sometimes includes them.

He does. Not always, and it's obviously more likely if it's something they do at least semi-regularly so they have it rehearsed up -- so for example a request for Betsy, which they play often but not always, is more likely to happen than one for Surf's Up, which I don't think they've played since the UK tour -- but it does happen, and definitely worth a shot.

KDS
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 06:07:03 AM »

He does. Not always, and it's obviously more likely if it's something they do at least semi-regularly so they have it rehearsed up -- so for example a request for Betsy, which they play often but not always, is more likely to happen than one for Surf's Up, which I don't think they've played since the UK tour -- but it does happen, and definitely worth a shot.

I've seen Brian do Surf's Up, so I wouldn't be disappointed if M&B don't do it. 

The three big requests I'd have are All I Wanna Do, Til I Die, and Warmth of the Sun.  I know all three of these have been performed at theater shows in the last year or so. 
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 06:58:47 AM »

The three big requests I'd have are All I Wanna Do, Til I Die, and Warmth of the Sun.  I know all three of these have been performed at theater shows in the last year or so. 
They did my request for All I Wanna Do back during the summer for a non theatre show which was a shock for me. But in addition to All I Wanna Do id love to hear some Pet Sounds stuff, Here Today and You Still Believe In Me (which Ike does a great job on btw). Maybe Scott will see the requests on here or Mike here's hoping. Maybe start a request thread? Haha. I know there's at least 3 or 4 of us on here going to the Baltimore show who would love to hear All I Wanna Do.
KDS
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 07:01:47 AM »

They did my request for All I Wanna Do back during the summer for a non theatre show which was a shock for me. But in addition to All I Wanna Do id love to hear some Pet Sounds stuff, Here Today and You Still Believe In Me (which Ike does a great job on btw). Maybe Scott will see the requests on here or Mike here's hoping. Maybe start a request thread? Haha. I know there's at least 3 or 4 of us on here going to the Baltimore show who would love to hear All I Wanna Do.

Hop on FB too.  With a few of us Baltimore show folks putting in requests, maybe Mike will be persuaded. 

I know he said in an interview last year that The Beach Boys would be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Pet Sounds this year too.  Which probably means adding some tracks beyond the normal big three.  I know last year, they were heavy on 1965 Today/SDSM material. 
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx