gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:41:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Darlin' featured on The Big Bang Theory TV show  (Read 37377 times)
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2016, 10:15:03 AM »

There was a Beach Boys  'Good Vibrations' reference with this week's (12/17/15) episode. It was titled 'The Opening Night Excitation' about Sheldon and Amy having sex for the first time on the same night as the new Star Wars movie opened.

Could you elaborate?  I guess I'm missing the GV/Star Wars connection.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »

There was a Beach Boys  'Good Vibrations' reference with this week's (12/17/15) episode. It was titled 'The Opening Night Excitation' about Sheldon and Amy having sex for the first time on the same night as the new Star Wars movie opened.

Could you elaborate?  I guess I'm missing the GV/Star Wars connection.
I was referring to the title of the episode. I don't think the use of the word "excitation" is just a coincidence. To me it was a reference to the Beach Boys tying back to the previous episode. It's not exactly a very commonly used word.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
bluesno1fann
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

I'm no fan of the show, but good on 'em for introducing a more obscure Beach Boys gem to a new generation
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2016, 10:23:31 AM »

In case you're able to see German TV, the German version of that episode airs this Monday night, 7. März, at 20:15 hours. My recorder will be set.

And BTW, totally OT: I read a great joke yesterday. How many Germans does it take to change a light bulb? One, we're efficient and we don't have a sense of humor! Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »

In case you're able to see German TV, the German version of that episode airs this Monday night, 7. März, at 20:15 hours. My recorder will be set.

And BTW, totally OT: I read a great joke yesterday. How many Germans does it take to change a light bulb? One, we're efficient and we don't have a sense of humor! Cheesy

I beg to differ.....yet I don't find your joke funny.  Angry
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2018, 12:50:47 PM »

In case anyone missed it, here's a clip of Sheldon realizing which song he has stuck in his ear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYAG0d1yc9I

BTW, look at the comments on this video of "Darlin'" done at Knebworth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D3DUx5X8kw

Nice to see a couple of people watching this great performance after they got introduced to the song on "Big bang theory".

I've actually wondered about this -- *did* Mike write the lyrics for Darlin'? They don't sound like Mike's lyrics to me -- frankly I'd expect better from him than "Gonna love you every single night/Cause I think that you're doggone outtasight". They sound Brianesque.

To me they sound totally Mike-esque. Especially given that during this periode of time we have concert recordings with Mike using that kind of language on stage.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2020, 12:39:31 PM »

In case this wasn't mentioned before (otherwise just delete my following message):

The guy who plays Bernadette's father ("Mike") on BBT, Casey Sander, also played Mike Love in "Summer dreams". Just found that out by accident.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2020, 03:40:40 PM »

In case this wasn't mentioned before (otherwise just delete my following message):

The guy who plays Bernadette's father ("Mike") on BBT, Casey Sander, also played Mike Love in "Summer dreams". Just found that out by accident.

That's a funny coincidence. It's also a funny coincidence because I just watched that 1990 summer dreams movie for the first time this week. And it was… a piece of media content that exists.
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2020, 09:49:52 AM »

That's a funny coincidence. It's also a funny coincidence because I just watched that 1990 summer dreams movie for the first time this week. And it was… a piece of media content that exists.
I just watched that a couple weeks ago. It was horrible
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2020, 11:03:48 AM »

Now there's a method actor Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx