gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:35:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian and Dr. Landy on reelz tv Dr. Feelgood....  (Read 2603 times)
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2015, 07:39:17 PM »

this saturday, december the 12th,  reelz TV's  dr. feelgood show will be about brian and dr. landy. comes on at 10pm for 1 hour.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 12:06:20 AM »

can somebody please record this and put it on youtube?

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:53:41 PM »

While Reelz doesn't exactly have a reputation for award winning journalism, this program was better than I expected.
It covered both Landy periods.
On the pro Brian side were Peter Carlin, Russ Titelman, David Wild of Rolling Stone magazine, Brian's former attorney, and an L.A. Journalist. On the Landy side was his lawyer, Mark Meador.

Meador was quite proud of how much money he got out of Brian's family/the BBs for the second round with Landy.  Said that it showed that he did his job well. Also didn't see the ethical problem with Landy being involved with Brian's music career as he saw it as 'therapeutic'!

Mentioned Peter Reum as being a 'hero' as he noticed that the meds were affecting Brian physically. Melinda and Carl were both mentioned as instrumental in freeing Brian.
There were a couple of brief clips of Brian being interviewed on the Larry King show where he spoke about Landy.

The will was mentioned, but curiously the 'autobiography' was not.

Showed the press conference with Stan Love, and Brian giving his statement. Had seen that before but somehow hadnt noticed the look in Brian's eyes as he was leaving, or maybe seeing it on a bigger screen made me see the look of - terror?

The show will be repeating several more times so plan to see it again.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
KDS
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 06:03:40 AM »

this saturday, december the 12th,  reelz TV's  dr. feelgood show will be about brian and dr. landy. comes on at 10pm for 1 hour.

Thanks for the tip.  I was out of town this weekend, but I DVRed the show. 

My wife and I have to get caught up on our annual Christmas viewing, but we'll be sure to watch it. 
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 07:50:03 AM »

While Reelz doesn't exactly have a reputation for award winning journalism, this program was better than I expected.
On the pro Brian side were Peter Carlin, Russ Titelman, David Wild of Rolling Stone magazine, Brian's former attorney, and an L.A. Journalist. On the Landy side was his lawyer, Mark Meador.

Meador was quite proud of how much money he got out of Brian's family/the BBs for the second round with Landy.  Said that it showed that he did his job well. Also didn't see the ethical problem with Landy being involved with Brian's music career as he saw it as 'therapeutic'!

Mentioned Peter Reum as being a 'hero' as he noticed that the meds were affecting Brian physically. Melinda and Carl were both mentioned as instrumental in freeing Brian.
There were a couple of brief clips of Brian being interviewed on the Larry King show where he spoke about Landy.

Showed the press conference with Stan Love, and Brian giving his statement. Had seen that before but somehow hadnt noticed the look in Brian's eyes as he was leaving, or maybe seeing it on a bigger screen made me see the look of - terror?

Check out the lawyer's status.  avvo has him listed as having been disciplined by a state licensing authority, if it is the same one.  There are several by that name in the country.

There is another site lawyer.com which lists some more detail as to the date of bar admission, and disciplinary actions noted without specific procedure details.   

There is a Mark Russell Meador who is disbarred according to members.calbar.ca.gov

Sometimes the various states boards who oversee and discipline attorneys have a direct link to the cases and the reasons for discipline. Some don't release the files. Some can be disciplined for failing to pay annual bar licensing renewal dues. It is state specific.  I have not seen the program but that "money bragging" by Landy thing got my attention.  Who does that?  Yikes!

KDS
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 07:36:13 AM »

I've been working on clearing the DVR, so I finally got a chance to watch this over the weekend. 

I thought it did a pretty good job overall with the 42 minute run time.  Although, I think they could've done without the Brian and Landy stand ins, as I really don't think they added anything to the program. 

I would've liked to have seen a mention of Brian's prolific career since Landy's been out of the picture. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx