gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:13:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's new album?  (Read 2811 times)
jlaird
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »

When is this suppoed to be coming out?  Am I the only one that hasn't heard this??(Could someone help me out?) Please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 03:46:53 AM »

When is this suppoed to be coming out? 

hmm, two years ago...?
Problem is that Mike can't get a record deal with a label. It looks like he's trying to promote his album through the touring "Beach Boys". I still believe "Cool head, warm heart" will be the only song officially released.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 04:40:35 AM »

... I still believe "Cool head, warm heart" will be the only song officially released.

I hope you're wrong.  I would like to see the whole thing released.  And i still say that his best bet for that is an internet-only release.  Saves a LOT of money, MAKES MORE money...efficient and cost-effective.  Problem is, i think, that Mike isn't internet savvy at all, and may not understand or believe that this is the way to go.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Goin’Bald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2164128

It doesn't give me a cool head or a warm heart. Energetic is not the word that comes to mind.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 08:37:24 AM »

And i still say that his best bet for that is an internet-only release.  Saves a LOT of money

that is where i got my copy...   LOL LOL

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 09:00:58 AM »

Ugh.  What an atrocious pile of merda:  "Hey boys and girls, hear what I say, don't lose your cool, 'cause there's a better way."  Tripe.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 09:22:45 AM »

So is "Cool Head, Warm Heart" supposed to be one of the better songs on Mike's unreleased album? The song itself is exactly the kind of impersonal, "positive" effort I'd expect Mr. Love to come up with; that performance of it topped Brian's 1999 appearance at Farm Aid for teeth-grinding awfulness!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 06:33:28 PM »

I got the studio version from Hallmark today, it's actually not bad.  It has some psuedo-kinda-almost good harmony stuff going on in it at the beginning of the song, and then at the end they crank up the beach boys ooh ahhs dit dit dooda stuff all over the place.  it's kind of cool, because you can listen to Brian's "Spirit of Rock & Roll" and it's a little manic, then you listen to Mike's "Cool Head, Warm Heart" and it's a little mellow, so you can just imagine if they both got together and sang each other's song it might have been much better. 

P.T. Cruiser... somehow, someway, Al managed to rip off everything from "Little Cobra", to "409", and even steals note for note the falsetto bit from Ronnie & the Daytona's "Little G.T.O.".  It's kinda like playing connect-the-copywright infringement.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 08:57:36 AM »

P.T. Cruiser... somehow, someway, Al managed to rip off everything from "Little Cobra", to "409", and even steals note for note the falsetto bit from Ronnie & the Daytona's "Little G.T.O.".  It's kinda like playing connect-the-copywright infringement.

LOL  LOL  LOL

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 12:19:21 PM »

And the first two lines are a blatant rip from the first two lines of Shut Down, too.. so basically the song is a condensed version of Mike Bruce and David Salute Nascar!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »

Then, to make the deal perfect, he should have released it as "The Beach Boys". That could have been a nice lawsuit....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 03:51:38 PM »

Yeah, good god imagine the parties involved, lol.

Just in case though, I've got to make the comment that maybe Al's trying to tribute 10 or 15 songs at once?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx