gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:45:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472142 times)
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: May 20, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »

Jim, remember Phil Cohen?  I remember his spats with AGD and conspiracies.  Wonder if he knows Andrew is banned?

I agree with you, it's all very tiresome.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 20, 2016, 01:21:31 PM »

I'd just like to state that I formed my own opinion about the moderating here; didn't sign up to any conspiracy.

I'm looking forward to Friday's Glasgow show but probably won't bother posting my thoughts.
I totally romanticize Scotland.
I'm betting you watch Outlander? Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 20, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »

I'd just like to state that I formed my own opinion about the moderating here; didn't sign up to any conspiracy.

I'm looking forward to Friday's Glasgow show but probably won't bother posting my thoughts.

Emily, have you ever been here to visit? You'd love it!

John, are you going to the Glasgow Meet and Greet?  

I'll also be in Edinburgh?  Anyone else?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 20, 2016, 02:18:17 PM »

I'm betting you watch Outlander? Wink
No - never heard of it til now. I just looked it up. Obviously not enough TV in my life!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 20, 2016, 02:20:30 PM »

I've never been. Closest I've been is Yorkshire the Lake District. My friend's husband's cousin is Scottish though - does that count? :-)
I've seen a number of Scottish films and read Scottish literature and read the history and seen plenty of photos. All indicators point to me loving it!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:24:59 PM by Emily » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 20, 2016, 02:22:12 PM »

I'll also be in Edinburgh?  Anyone else?

No meet n' greet, for reasons previously ranted! Smiley Glasgow's also my only gig his time around due to family commitments and finances. Hope to see you there Mikedonn!

“We live in divisive times.”
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1056 on: May 20, 2016, 02:38:26 PM »

I don't know if I should feel flattered by the attention, but the most active recent discussion on that board was back in November/December when Andrew (two Andrews, apparently) and several other former members of this forum who were banned decided to unload and turn it into a place to bash and criticize me for what they thought I did or didn't do here. That in itself was enough, but I also noticed the moderator apparently felt that was on topic enough to remain active, despite being everything but "It's all about the music", and even got in a few digs of their own. If that's the kind of board which encourages that kind of thing, then has members posting about comments made here about *there*, it becomes playground level kids' stuff. "I'm taking my ball and going home!" level dialogue. Nothing about the music. Just taking personal shots.

Then it became known that threads such as that on BBB were part of a deliberate effort to trash me and what I was supposed to have done or not done as a moderator of this board. Inspire others to join their calls for me to either step down or be 'fired', perhaps? In some cases it almost worked. Again this effort was involving members here who set out to discredit and bash me among others here, not only in light of the facts but again having nothing to do with coming to this forum or any other music community to talk about music, which is a regular charge for members to do more of. Yet that bashing fest stands as one of the most if not the most active thread on that community in months, if not all year. Do I get an end-of-the-year award for that distinction?  Grin

It is unfortunate for the fans who actually do go there and here and anywhere else to post about the music, about shows, about anything related to the purpose of these forums. Because there are legitimately good, even great fans who like to hang out and talk.

It is a shame the real and honest-to-goodness fans have to unknowingly get pushed aside by the multiple layers that exist on these forums beyond fans coming here to read and talk to each other. It's not their fault there are others who are using these forums to purposely do things like the "Bash Guitarfool" type discussions at the end of last year and travel deep down into layers beyond what most people might think exist underneath all of this on the surface.

Please guitarfool, get off the freakin' cross already. I would probably say as far as The Beach Boys goes, I probably agree with you at least 75 percent of the time, but your propensity to take everything as an insult and the way you take every comment that may offer constructive criticism as something resembling a Judas or Brutus is just becoming a bit much.

Constructive criticism is fine. For months I read and answered messages sent to me that were constructive and critical, but when those messages from some people started to turn into rants full of profanity and the sense that any reply i offered, including the suggestion to simply ignore certain things before a script to allow that digitally was set up, was being ignored. If i didn't give the answer these people must have been seeking, nothing else was accepted and I became the asshole for not doing what others wanted.

No cross, man. How would you feel upon finding out there were board members who not only organized such a thing against you, but didn't have the guts to say it personally so they took it onto another forum and social media to trash YOUR name? Then to find out it was going on at a forum you don't even visit regularly, visit that forum, and find your name and actions you didn't even do being bashed by any number of people, led by exactly the people who you'd find out later had a hand in setting this up deliberately?

Then...to have it filter on to this board, where misunderstandings of how things are done, how moderators do not work alone or act alone, to have all moderators and the board administrator back that up, and still have people going around with their various plans and plots to discredit YOU to the point where you're either forced to step down or would quit because the heat got too hot to take?

The best thing about the truth, Jim, is it's easy to spot the lies when you know it. If you were moderating this board, and not only saw board members trashing you and making stuff up when the reality is all mods are equally involved in bans and other decisions, but also found out it was being deliberately planned and organized by several board members who launched it as almost a campaign against you...I guess that would be OK to have people lying, bashing you on multiple forums, enlisting others to do the same thing, and then having people say "get off the cross"?

Right. If being a moderator involves that, i don't know how many good posters here would want any parts of it. Unless having people launch personal attack campaigns against you is part of the agreement when signing up.
If people are out to get you, why do you think that is? Did it just pop out of the mid-air or are you responsible for how you come off in here? Amazing too, that the banned members are also folks that had difference of opinions with you. Quite a few of the bannings come off looking like personal vendettas and some of those banned members believe that it is. That is the toughest part of moderating anything; being fair, but also getting involved and taking sides in the same discussions that you are moderating. That in itself is a tough balancing act, no doubt. Maybe we all need a do-over?

I know exactly why it is done and why it was done, Doctor. I also know the desired results. Unfortunately I don't think some of the people who not only bought into the campaigns and believed the lies, but also participated in them know what it's all about beneath the surface. That's the troubling part. There were a lot of people duped, I'm afraid. When all moderators and the board admin have - multiple times publicly - said exactly how things are and were done, yet the claims of something other than that truth are still being made and believed in order to discredit someone, that's not good. Propaganda tends to work that way, it's about promoting the lies as the truth, making people believe them, enlisting others to believe and join in the campaign, and get the results that are desired. The perspective is vastly different when you're the one targeted by propaganda.
Propaganda works both ways. I've seen lies promoted as truth, but I have seen truth promoted as a lie. Kind of depends on which side of the line you fall on. Most likely it all comes down to whether one feels like they have been treated fairly or not. For this board, I can only judge by what I read and by what actions that are taken. Either that or you are the unluckiest person when it comes to timing. You have to admit, a lot has gone down in a fairly short amount of time.

Consider that the reasons behind "a lot going down" that you might believe are not the actual, deeper reasons why things were and are being done. A lot of people have axes to grind against any number of individuals, but they don't start and engage in propaganda or smear campaigns across several message boards and social media outlets to badmouth and influence the removal of one moderator on a message board. Did you consider there might be more to the whole thing, Doctor, than disagreeing with or not liking someone on a message board which would explain how much effort has gone into these things so far?
Seriously, you need to look in the mirror to answer that question. Only you and the people posting know exactly why this is happening.

I know exactly why. It's a shame if anyone who believed those behind the campaign might not have been told the real story or the real reasons before signing on.
Oh, the high Intrigues that go one here at Smiley Smile.

Please do fill us in. Man, this is better than the National Enquirer.

I'm gonna be totally honest about this...

THIS IS A FUCKIN' MESSAGE BOARD! This isn't the Pentagon or the Mob or some super serious thing! I think some people are taking themselves way, way, way too frickin' seriously about this stuff, with people apparently "out to get" people that they don't even really know in day-to-day life? Really? I'll admit I've had some run-ins with some people on these boards such as the deplorable Ian Wagner and the heinous Mam Cott. But even then, I never would take it far enough to get into "conspiracy" or whatever. It's outta hand.

My point exactly. It's ultimately a fuckin' message board to most who are involved and have been members since it started. Which is why I wondered just like you why people were so bent on trying to influence the way it exists, being out to get someone they don't know or ever met in real life, or why so much effort was put into organizing and trying to execute a plan to "get" someone at all. Because of what? Things said, done, or not done to satisfaction on a message board?

Exactly Jim, it's a fuckin' message board. But maybe to some it has more interest than what is on the surface. You'll have to ask them why all the effort if it's just a message board.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 20, 2016, 03:23:38 PM »

Puh-leeze somebody post about the first London concert or other reports about previous concerts!

This topic is supposed to be about the Love and Mercy Brian is presenting to us!

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 20, 2016, 03:26:44 PM »

I've never been. Closest I've been is Yorkshire the Lake District. My friend's husband's cousin is Scottish though - does that count? :-)

Hip, that counts!  Grin.

The Lake District is nice too!

John, I know what you mean.  I thought long and hard about it but figured I would regret it if I didn't more than I would if I did! I'll keep an eye out for you.  I'm in the balcony for the Glasgow show.  It was the best I could get within minutes of them going on sale!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1059 on: May 20, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »

Puh-leeze somebody post about the first London concert or other reports about previous concerts!

This topic is supposed to be about the Love and Mercy Brian is presenting to us!

I'm waiting for the reports to come in from London and the other shows too!  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 20, 2016, 04:00:01 PM »

All of these posts NOT about Brian's current tour should be moved.  I clicked here to read about tour.
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 20, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »

Don't worry guys, I'll take this.

Just back from the London Palladium.  Lots to enjoy.  "Add Some Music" was the first one that really hit me, but by no means the last.

Somehow one of my contact lenses contrived to fall out at the end of "Sloop John B", and I tried to put it back in but we were into "God Only Knows" and I found that there was some unhelpful water in my eye for some reason, so instead I just squinted at the stage, my one working eye marvelling at the miracle of Brian's one working ear.

Al and Blondie are phenomenal, and Matt J a remarkable addition.  I've seen Brian in better voice than tonight (C50 Wembley, to name but one) but please don't stick me in a box with the innuendo-spreaders for saying it, I still love the dude.  Nelson Bragg appears to have morphed gradually into Robyn Hitchcock, his shirt going some way towards sealing the deal.  I did miss Darian and that other keyboard guy but enough said.

Spotted in the audience: the actor Kevin Eldon.  I think the number of gigs that I've been to where I've seen members of the cast of This Morning With Richard Not Judy in the audience must now number in double figures.  This paragraph is unlikely to be of much assistance to American readers.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 20, 2016, 04:16:20 PM »

I don't know if I should feel flattered by the attention, but the most active recent discussion on that board was back in November/December when Andrew (two Andrews, apparently) and several other former members of this forum who were banned decided to unload and turn it into a place to bash and criticize me for what they thought I did or didn't do here. That in itself was enough, but I also noticed the moderator apparently felt that was on topic enough to remain active, despite being everything but "It's all about the music", and even got in a few digs of their own. If that's the kind of board which encourages that kind of thing, then has members posting about comments made here about *there*, it becomes playground level kids' stuff. "I'm taking my ball and going home!" level dialogue. Nothing about the music. Just taking personal shots.

Then it became known that threads such as that on BBB were part of a deliberate effort to trash me and what I was supposed to have done or not done as a moderator of this board. Inspire others to join their calls for me to either step down or be 'fired', perhaps? In some cases it almost worked. Again this effort was involving members here who set out to discredit and bash me among others here, not only in light of the facts but again having nothing to do with coming to this forum or any other music community to talk about music, which is a regular charge for members to do more of. Yet that bashing fest stands as one of the most if not the most active thread on that community in months, if not all year. Do I get an end-of-the-year award for that distinction?  Grin

It is unfortunate for the fans who actually do go there and here and anywhere else to post about the music, about shows, about anything related to the purpose of these forums. Because there are legitimately good, even great fans who like to hang out and talk.

It is a shame the real and honest-to-goodness fans have to unknowingly get pushed aside by the multiple layers that exist on these forums beyond fans coming here to read and talk to each other. It's not their fault there are others who are using these forums to purposely do things like the "Bash Guitarfool" type discussions at the end of last year and travel deep down into layers beyond what most people might think exist underneath all of this on the surface.

Please guitarfool, get off the freakin' cross already. I would probably say as far as The Beach Boys goes, I probably agree with you at least 75 percent of the time, but your propensity to take everything as an insult and the way you take every comment that may offer constructive criticism as something resembling a Judas or Brutus is just becoming a bit much.

Constructive criticism is fine. For months I read and answered messages sent to me that were constructive and critical, but when those messages from some people started to turn into rants full of profanity and the sense that any reply i offered, including the suggestion to simply ignore certain things before a script to allow that digitally was set up, was being ignored. If i didn't give the answer these people must have been seeking, nothing else was accepted and I became the asshole for not doing what others wanted.

No cross, man. How would you feel upon finding out there were board members who not only organized such a thing against you, but didn't have the guts to say it personally so they took it onto another forum and social media to trash YOUR name? Then to find out it was going on at a forum you don't even visit regularly, visit that forum, and find your name and actions you didn't even do being bashed by any number of people, led by exactly the people who you'd find out later had a hand in setting this up deliberately?

Then...to have it filter on to this board, where misunderstandings of how things are done, how moderators do not work alone or act alone, to have all moderators and the board administrator back that up, and still have people going around with their various plans and plots to discredit YOU to the point where you're either forced to step down or would quit because the heat got too hot to take?

The best thing about the truth, Jim, is it's easy to spot the lies when you know it. If you were moderating this board, and not only saw board members trashing you and making stuff up when the reality is all mods are equally involved in bans and other decisions, but also found out it was being deliberately planned and organized by several board members who launched it as almost a campaign against you...I guess that would be OK to have people lying, bashing you on multiple forums, enlisting others to do the same thing, and then having people say "get off the cross"?

Right. If being a moderator involves that, i don't know how many good posters here would want any parts of it. Unless having people launch personal attack campaigns against you is part of the agreement when signing up.
If people are out to get you, why do you think that is? Did it just pop out of the mid-air or are you responsible for how you come off in here? Amazing too, that the banned members are also folks that had difference of opinions with you. Quite a few of the bannings come off looking like personal vendettas and some of those banned members believe that it is. That is the toughest part of moderating anything; being fair, but also getting involved and taking sides in the same discussions that you are moderating. That in itself is a tough balancing act, no doubt. Maybe we all need a do-over?

I know exactly why it is done and why it was done, Doctor. I also know the desired results. Unfortunately I don't think some of the people who not only bought into the campaigns and believed the lies, but also participated in them know what it's all about beneath the surface. That's the troubling part. There were a lot of people duped, I'm afraid. When all moderators and the board admin have - multiple times publicly - said exactly how things are and were done, yet the claims of something other than that truth are still being made and believed in order to discredit someone, that's not good. Propaganda tends to work that way, it's about promoting the lies as the truth, making people believe them, enlisting others to believe and join in the campaign, and get the results that are desired. The perspective is vastly different when you're the one targeted by propaganda.
Propaganda works both ways. I've seen lies promoted as truth, but I have seen truth promoted as a lie. Kind of depends on which side of the line you fall on. Most likely it all comes down to whether one feels like they have been treated fairly or not. For this board, I can only judge by what I read and by what actions that are taken. Either that or you are the unluckiest person when it comes to timing. You have to admit, a lot has gone down in a fairly short amount of time.

Consider that the reasons behind "a lot going down" that you might believe are not the actual, deeper reasons why things were and are being done. A lot of people have axes to grind against any number of individuals, but they don't start and engage in propaganda or smear campaigns across several message boards and social media outlets to badmouth and influence the removal of one moderator on a message board. Did you consider there might be more to the whole thing, Doctor, than disagreeing with or not liking someone on a message board which would explain how much effort has gone into these things so far?
Seriously, you need to look in the mirror to answer that question. Only you and the people posting know exactly why this is happening.

I know exactly why. It's a shame if anyone who believed those behind the campaign might not have been told the real story or the real reasons before signing on.

THIS IS A FUCKIN' MESSAGE BOARD! This isn't the Pentagon or the Mob or some super serious thing! I think some people are taking themselves way, way, way too frickin' seriously about this stuff, with people apparently "out to get" people that they don't even really know in day-to-day life? Really? I'll admit I've had some run-ins with some people on these boards such as the deplorable Ian Wagner and the heinous Mam Cott. But even then, I never would take it far enough to get into "conspiracy" or whatever. It's outta hand.

My point exactly. It's ultimately a fuckin' message board to most who are involved and have been members since it started. Which is why I wondered just like you why people were so bent on trying to influence the way it exists, being out to get someone they don't know or ever met in real life, or why so much effort was put into organizing and trying to execute a plan to "get" someone at all. Because of what? Things said, done, or not done to satisfaction on a message board?

Exactly Jim, it's a fuckin' message board. But maybe to some it has more interest than what is on the surface. You'll have to ask them why all the effort if it's just a message board.
Sorry Craig, you are the one spouting conspiracy theories, not any of us. I was just wondering if it was a coincidence or not regarding the many bannings since you became a mod. Mostly all folks that you had personal issues with at some point.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 20, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »

Good show tonight.

I used to watch YouTube videos from the early 90s of Matt J singing with The Beach Boys, to have now seen him sing for real is something to be very grateful for.  They should add Hushabye to the set.  Matt thanks so much for Don't Worry Baby.  And your Dad was fab also (he made a little comment about Matt playing with The Beach Boys way back then but "thinking better of it" and joining this band instead - note I'm not intending to stir the pot, just to share an amusing story)

I thought Brian started off very strongly for H&V with a variable vocal performance through the rest of the show, but on the whole good, and some decent between song commentary.

Loved Al on Shut Down, loved the deep cuts Wake The World and Funky Pretty.  Blondie is simply a boss.

Nice that they included a new song (One Kind a Of Love), although the tempo seemed a little rushed to me.

I did miss Darian but hey.

I'm not sure that I've seen Brian perform since C50, where is the time going.  I've been on this juggernaut for just over 10 years now, in many ways it feels like a measure of how little I have moved my life on, oops.  I remember seeing Pet Sounds at The Adelphi in 2006 for the 40th, I think it was my second or third show (first being Brighton 2005).  A lot to be grateful for ever since.  Blondie Chaplin singing Sail On Sailor with The Brian Wilson band in 2016? Wat!

Sorry for the stream of consciousness...I think I might visit the USA for the final leg of the tour, I've never been ya know.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 20, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »

Great show, the main guy seemed to be feelin' it, talking and gesturing. Al was so great it hurt. Blondie sang his three songs just fine, but his rockin' moves did feel a tad over the top in this context... But hey, the guy's a rocker, he can't help himself! The harmonies were a bit ragged at times (compared to 2012 reunion gig), but that didn't really bother me. Soulful singing from everyone involved.

More in-depth analysis coming later. Do not miss these shows!

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 20, 2016, 04:43:58 PM »

Just back from the first London concert.  Brian was really into descriptions of details about his creation of the various songs in Pet Sounds as he introduced them.  This will be quick, since I have to get to other things, but it was - simply - another excellent show with outstanding musicians.  It was the same set list as Birmingham and Cardiff.  Due to my seats near amps, I can't comment on the sound effectively, but the minor glitches in Birmingham and Cardiff seemed to be corrected.  Tomorrow night I have much better seats.

It's cute how you're being portrayed as a "conspiracy theorist" here when you obviously have information regarding the campaign against you, or you'd have said nothing.  I'm also very clear about the recent campaign to attack the British leg of Brian's tour by a certain group on that same sad little board.  Like you said, I'd love to know their motivation, and where they get their information.  We've been hearing this "Brian looks frail" and "shouldn't be forced to tour" crap for 12 years now, by the same person in the UK, or one of her "friends."  It has become more than tiresome.  You just have to wonder what the point is.  It's odd that these supposed fans are so devoted to Brian not touring anymore, when he's made it clear that he wants to, the shows are selling out, and the crowds are enthusiastic.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 20, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »

Good show tonight.

I used to watch YouTube videos from the early 90s of Matt J singing with The Beach Boys, to have now seen him sing for real is something to be very grateful for.  They should add Hushabye to the set.  Matt thanks so much for Don't Worry Baby.  And your Dad was fab also (he made a little comment about Matt playing with The Beach Boys way back then but "thinking better of it" and joining this band instead - note I'm not intending to stir the pot, just to share an amusing story)

I thought Brian started off very strongly for H&V with a variable vocal performance through the rest of the show, but on the whole good, and some decent between song commentary.

Loved Al on Shut Down, loved the deep cuts Wake The World and Funky Pretty.  Blondie is simply a boss.

Nice that they included a new song (One Kind a Of Love), although the tempo seemed a little rushed to me.

I did miss Darian but hey.

I'm not sure that I've seen Brian perform since C50, where is the time going.  I've been on this juggernaut for just over 10 years now, in many ways it feels like a measure of how little I have moved my life on, oops.  I remember seeing Pet Sounds at The Adelphi in 2006 for the 40th, I think it was my second or third show (first being Brighton 2005).  A lot to be grateful for ever since.  Blondie Chaplin singing Sail On Sailor with The Brian Wilson band in 2016? Wat!

Sorry for the stream of consciousness...I think I might visit the USA for the final leg of the tour, I've never been ya know.
It sounds like a great evening. How did Funky Pretty come off? Was it closer to the studio version or the live In Concert arrangement?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 20, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »

Then it became known that threads such as that on BBB were part of a deliberate effort to trash me and what I was supposed to have done or not done as a moderator of this board. Inspire others to join their calls for me to either step down or be 'fired', perhaps? In some cases it almost worked. Again this effort was involving members here who set out to discredit and bash me among others here, not only in light of the facts but again having nothing to do with coming to this forum or any other music community to talk about music, which is a regular charge for members to do more of. Yet that bashing fest stands as one of the most if not the most active thread on that community in months, if not all year. Do I get an end-of-the-year award for that distinction?  Grin

Just back from the first London concert.  Brian was really into descriptions of details about his creation of the various songs in Pet Sounds as he introduced them.  This will be quick, since I have to get to other things, but it was - simply - another excellent show with outstanding musicians.  It was the same set list as Birmingham and Cardiff.  Due to my seats near amps, I can't comment on the sound effectively, but the minor glitches in Birmingham and Cardiff seemed to be corrected.  Tomorrow night I have much better seats.

It's cute how you're being portrayed as a "conspiracy theorist" here when you obviously have information regarding the campaign against you, or you'd have said nothing.  I'm also very clear about the recent campaign to attack the British leg of Brian's tour by a certain group on that same sad little board.  Like you said, I'd love to know their motivation, and where they get their information.  We've been hearing this "Brian looks frail" and "shouldn't be forced to tour" crap for 12 years now, by the same person in the UK, or one of her "friends."  It has become more than tiresome.  You just have to wonder what the point is.  It's odd that these supposed fans are so devoted to Brian not touring anymore, when he's made it clear that he wants to, the shows are selling out, and the crowds are enthusiastic.
Glad you are enjoying the shows. Your buddy is the only person talking conspiracy theories, no one else. Have fun in London.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 20, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »

Really? I'll admit I've had some run-ins with some people on these boards such as the deplorable Ian Wagner and the heinous Mam Cott.

I'd like to know which rule/agenda/conspiracy/payroll allows Jim to continuously insult and bully me (without provocation) right out in the open, in front of and in spite of the Moderators? 

And also hear about the experiences at Brian's concerts.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 20, 2016, 04:55:44 PM »

My thoughts on Funky Pretty are that it was very tight with a tasteful and spacious arrangement.  I must confess that I'm not familiar enough with the In Concert version to fully answer, although it was more guitar driven than synth driven.

Funky Pretty is a song that has taken me many years to embrace, I had a similar experience with Marcella (shame that didn't make the set now I mention it, won't complain though!)

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 20, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »

Lots of drama from you. My advice? Play it  Cool
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 21, 2016, 04:21:22 PM »

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-wilson/2016/the-palladium-london-england-2bfea8d2.html

London Palladium set list night 2. Cotton Fields and Girl, Don't Tell Me added to the setlist.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:30:38 PM by GuyO » Logged
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 21, 2016, 05:21:05 PM »

Still no setlist from the first London show--I'd be curious to see whether there were any significant variations. 

Interesting to see 'Girl Don't Tell Me' and 'Cottonfields' added on the second London show. Kinda glad that they seemed to have swapped 'And Then I Kissed Her' for Cottonfields,' as it leaves some of the deeper cuts like 'Wake the World' and 'Add Some Music' intact.  I'm hoping that 'Honkin'' makes a comeback at some point--it was great at the Osaka show!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 21, 2016, 06:47:38 PM »

Good to hear Girl Don't Tell Me has reappeared.  One of my favorites and it suits Brian's voice very well.  It was one of the highlights for me when I saw them last year.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 22, 2016, 01:56:49 AM »

Still no setlist from the first London show--I'd be curious to see whether there were any significant variations.  

Interesting to see 'Girl Don't Tell Me' and 'Cottonfields' added on the second London show. Kinda glad that they seemed to have swapped 'And Then I Kissed Her' for Cottonfields,' as it leaves some of the deeper cuts like 'Wake the World' and 'Add Some Music' intact.  I'm hoping that 'Honkin'' makes a comeback at some point--it was great at the Osaka show!

First show had 'Little Honda' instead, which was missing from the second show.  I don't recall 'Then I Kissed Her' being played at either.  Other than that, I don't think there were any variations.  Shame we got no Honkin'.  Glad to hear 'Cottonfields' though.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:19:51 AM by Fire Wind » Logged

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx