gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:16:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472255 times)
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #975 on: May 17, 2016, 11:36:48 AM »

I'm going to the Saturday show at the Palladium in London.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if I've overlooked something, but will fans meet up before the concert somewhere close to the Palladium? Like in a pub or so? Seems like there was something like that in Bristol recently. Could be cool meeting other fans.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:57:02 AM by kwan_dk » Logged

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 17, 2016, 11:58:02 AM »

I'm going to patty & bun for chicken wings after work and before Friday's palladium gig .

Might even suspend my fizzy pop boycott for some root beer in honour of the occasion.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 17, 2016, 12:06:48 PM »

I'm going to the Saturday show at the Palladium in London.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if I've overlooked something, but will fans meet up before the concert somewhere close to the Palladium? Like in a pub or so? Seems like there was something like that in Bristol recently. Could be cool meeting other fans.
I'm going to be there. But I have my father in tow and we were planning on spending some time together in London, not seeing each other that often..  Undecided
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 17, 2016, 01:25:37 PM »

This is just a little spam for those who never go to the sandbox. Please check out this thread and help Billy:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23849.0.html
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 17, 2016, 04:42:09 PM »

As this was an official, published review from a major media outlet (not a blog, Facebook, or fan forum post), I have to ask which is it? Can the guy writing it simply say it sucks even if he doesn't know the genre-artist-etc as well as a lot of fans seem to think he should so simple points wouldn't be missed, or should he and other official reviewers do their homework and at least have a working knowledge of who and what they are reviewing?

Aside from comparing apples (genre) to oranges (performance), it's both imo.  He can think it sucks without or in spite of knowing the genre-artist-etc; on it's own merits. He should do his homework, though I suppose he may have and still feels the way he does about the performance on its own merits.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 17, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »

Las Vegas (and perhaps Toronto) Pet Sounds tickets for sale or trade - face value.
I have two wonderful tickets to Brian Wilson (With Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin) on Friday July 1, 2016 in Las Vegas at The Joint in The Hard Rock that I can't use due to a maddening work conflict.  I bought tickets to Massey Hall a few days later in Toronto instead (now it seems I may not be able to use those either...ugh).  Anyhow, I believe the show is now sold out.  I am not a scalper and am just looking to recoup what I paid.  The seats are great.  They are in the Gold2 section Row KK (the two seats are together, of course) which is 11th row centre on the floor in the orchestra section.  This is prime seating as if you are much closer you may not see Brian with his white piano obscuring his body and head.  This has happened to me before so these seats are up close but not too close.  Anyhow please contact me if you are interested.

richp20@hotmail.com

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and these are hard tickets in my current possession, not sketchy e-tickets.  Buyer pays shipping.

Also if you are interested in the 2 Massey Hall tickets for The July 4 Toronto show, let me know as I may have to give those up as well.

I am now hoping to attend the Hollywood Bowl show and would be happy to do a trade if you have premium seats for that.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 18, 2016, 12:55:09 AM »

Birmingham gig review

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-brian-wilson-symphony-hall-11348409

Now onto Cardiff for tonight, anyone here going ? If so, see you there
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 18, 2016, 03:00:22 AM »

I'll only have time for brief comments about the Birmingham show before heading for Cardiff for tonight's show.  The show had fantastic energy and Brian sang the sweetest GOK I believe I've heard him do.  He was amazing all through PS and did a fine job during the rest of the show.  Blondie killed it, as he always does - amazing. Al's and Matt's vocals were perfect.  I love this blend of voices so much.

What's strongest in my mind - no doubt because it was the first time I'd heard this arrangement - was Funky Pretty.  I liked it better than the original.  I hope they keep it in the setlist because it's so stunning and new.
ash
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 18, 2016, 03:27:04 AM »

wish I could be at Cardiff but could only manage Bristol. I will just repeat that i was pretty surprised by the quality of Brian's vocals....in a good way. Been seeing him since the Paul Simon tour but from the minute he started Heroes I turned to my friend and said woah he's on it tonight. Maybe it's because i haven't seen him for a few years now, but i think that show was the best i've heard him and i've been to about 30 shows. I'm still buzzing. Wish I could go to a Brian Wilson concert every day !
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 18, 2016, 03:44:16 AM »

I'll only have time for brief comments about the Birmingham show before heading for Cardiff for tonight's show.  The show had fantastic energy and Brian sang the sweetest GOK I believe I've heard him do.  He was amazing all through PS and did a fine job during the rest of the show.  Blondie killed it, as he always does - amazing. Al's and Matt's vocals were perfect.  I love this blend of voices so much.

What's strongest in my mind - no doubt because it was the first time I'd heard this arrangement - was Funky Pretty.  I liked it better than the original.  I hope they keep it in the setlist because it's so stunning and new.
Oh that's great to hear..  Cheesy Can't wait for Saturday..
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 18, 2016, 06:22:51 AM »

Was it all not fantastic? And yeah, I loved Funky Pretty!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 18, 2016, 06:26:03 AM »

wish I could be at Cardiff but could only manage Bristol. I will just repeat that i was pretty surprised by the quality of Brian's vocals....in a good way. Been seeing him since the Paul Simon tour but from the minute he started Heroes I turned to my friend and said woah he's on it tonight. Maybe it's because i haven't seen him for a few years now, but i think that show was the best i've heard him and i've been to about 30 shows. I'm still buzzing. Wish I could go to a Brian Wilson concert every day !
That would add to the quality of life! It's weird - I hadn't been to a live show befor but I've seen videos and, yeah, his voice seems to be getting better as he ages. If you chart his voice quality over time you'd get a U with a big flourish on the left.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 18, 2016, 06:32:21 AM »

Great pictures there from Cliff and Rob... :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #988 on: May 19, 2016, 05:59:38 AM »

Serious shortage of reviews from board members on the UK part of the tour.. eagerly waiting for more  3D

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 19, 2016, 07:25:31 AM »

Cardiff review

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/brian-wilson-brought-pet-sounds-11354677
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: May 19, 2016, 07:41:28 AM »

A few pics from Cardiff (sorry about the quality, taken on my Phone) - Managed to write down the first set (albeit in the dark), at least I can read it AND being in the balcony noticed a couple of spare seats in the 2nd row (so i did the honorable thing and nicked one for the 2nd set)

[
images hosting

[
screen shot windows

[
free photo upload

[
upload pics

[
image upload no registration

[
upload images free

[
how to take screenshots

[
upload jpg

image url

[
how to screen capture
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 19, 2016, 07:52:02 AM »

Serious shortage of reviews from board members on the UK part of the tour.. eagerly waiting for more  3D

Sorry - most of us have been traveling to the various shows, so we're a bit behind on the reviews.  Mine will follow this link:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/brian-wilson-brought-pet-sounds-11354677

The Cardiff show was a fine performance by Brian, Al, Matt, Blondie and band, like the one in Birmingham.  The energy and skill of this group is so amazing.  By memory, I'm thinking that the set lists were the same, but of course, there are nuances at each show that makes it special.  To see these extraordinary musicians recreate that complex recording is something no fan should miss.  I know a large number of the shows are sold out, but it's worth the effort to try to get tickets where you can.  

As Emily noted above, it was fantastic.  Their were some minor sound glitches at both shows, but they were handled quickly.  As I've been saying since last year, with the addition of Al, Matt and Blondie, Brian has his best band ever in his later years, and I started seeing him in 1964.  My friends preferred the Cardiff show slightly, and I preferred the Birmingham show slightly, but both were quite fine.

I was noticing something about this group of vocalists, that really appealed to me.  During the softer numbers, the blend was particularly sweet, and when they rocked, the vocals really rocked.  It was perfect. Of course, Matt's being family helps make the harmonies feel more organic.  Mertens wailing on sax, with Blondie and Nicky killing on guitar is so amazing to watch in the midst of the gorgeous ballads and the unique work that is Pet Sounds.  I really enjoy Billy Hinsche and Gary Griffin, as well.  I'm less familiar with them, having only seen them a few times, but it all works.

The only bad news is that I've been made aware of a smear campaign about this tour appearing on the "usual suspect" Board, that normally attacks Brian. The campaign thread was made up nearly completely of people who "talked to friends" who were at Birmingham saying that Brian is clearly uncomfortable and should hang it up.  That is such a lie that it disgusts me.  Brian was clearly relaxed and he's doing what he enjoys, and my comments aren't hearsay crap.  It couldn't be more blatant what is going on there.  Everyone in he audience was thrilled that I talked to, aside from one woman.  She was complaining about "missing Foskett" and about Matt's vocals.  It was explained to me later that she has lost her band member who got her backstage passes and access to Brian in the past, so clearly she had an agenda, given who the band member was.  I hope she enjoys Klub Kokomo along with the others on that ugly thread.

The roar of the crowd at both these concerts speaks far louder than anything I can say.  

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:09:39 AM by Debbie KL » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 19, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »

Serious shortage of reviews from board members on the UK part of the tour.. eagerly waiting for more  3D

Sorry - most of us have been traveling to the various shows, so we're a bit behind on the reviews.  Mine will follow this link:

The Cardiff show was a fine performance by Brian, Al, Matt, Blondie and band, like the one in Birmingham.  The energy and skill of this group is so amazing.  By memory, I'm thinking that the set lists were the same, but of course, there are nuances at each show that makes it special.  To see these extraordinary musicians recreate that complex recording is something no fan should miss.  I know a large number of the shows are sold out, but it's worth the effort to try to get tickets where you can. 

As Emily noted above, it was fantastic.  Their were some minor sound glitches at both shows, but they were handled quickly.  As I've been saying since last year, with the addition of Al, Matt and Blondie, Brian has his best band ever in his later years, and I started seeing him in 1964.  My friends preferred the Cardiff show slightly, and I preferred the Birmingham show slightly, but both were quite fine.

I was noticing something about this group of vocalists, that really appealed to me.  During the softer numbers, the blend was particularly sweet, and when they rocked, the vocals really rocked.  It was perfect. Of course, Matt's being family helps make the harmonies feel more organic.  Mertens wailing on sax, with Blondie and Nicky killing on guitar is so amazing to watch in the midst of the gorgeous ballads and the unique work that is Pet Sounds.  I really enjoy Billy Hinsche and Gary Griffin, as well.  I'm less familiar with them, having only seen them a few times, but it all works.

The only bad news is that I've been made aware of a smear campaign about this tour appearing on the "usual suspect" Board, that normally attacks Brian. The campaign thread was made up of people who "talked to friends" who were at Birmingham saying that Brian is clearly uncomfortable and should hang it up.  That is such a lie that it disgusts me.  Brian was clearly relaxed and he's doing what he enjoys, and my comments aren't hearsay crap.  It couldn't be more blatant what is going on there.  Everyone was thrilled that I talked to, aside from one woman.  She was complaining about "missing Foskett" and about Matt's vocals.  It was explained to me later that she has lost her band member who got her backstage passes and access to Brian in the past, so clearly she had an agenda, given who the band member was.  I hope she enjoys Klub Kokomo along with the others on that ugly thread.

I am happy that you are enjoying the shows. As many of us have seen Brian live, we know he is not the typical rock star on stage, but he more than makes up for those limitations in performance and having that fantastic band behind him. With having Brian, Al & Blondie on stage, along with Matt & Billy H., this is The Beach Boys for me, more so than Mike & Bruce.

As for the lady missing Foskett and enjoying Club Kokomo, hey, we all have agendas don't we?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 19, 2016, 08:24:18 AM »

Sorry - most of us have been traveling to the various shows, so we're a bit behind on the reviews.  Mine will follow this link:

The Cardiff show was a fine performance by Brian, Al, Matt, Blondie and band, like the one in Birmingham.  The energy and skill of this group is so amazing.  By memory, I'm thinking that the set lists were the same, but of course, there are nuances at each show that makes it special.  To see these extraordinary musicians recreate that complex recording is something no fan should miss.  I know a large number of the shows are sold out, but it's worth the effort to try to get tickets where you can. 

As Emily noted above, it was fantastic.  Their were some minor sound glitches at both shows, but they were handled quickly.  As I've been saying since last year, with the addition of Al, Matt and Blondie, Brian has his best band ever in his later years, and I started seeing him in 1964.  My friends preferred the Cardiff show slightly, and I preferred the Birmingham show slightly, but both were quite fine.

I was noticing something about this group of vocalists, that really appealed to me.  During the softer numbers, the blend was particularly sweet, and when they rocked, the vocals really rocked.  It was perfect. Of course, Matt's being family helps make the harmonies feel more organic.  Mertens wailing on sax, with Blondie and Nicky killing on guitar is so amazing to watch in the midst of the gorgeous ballads and the unique work that is Pet Sounds.  I really enjoy Billy Hinsche and Gary Griffin, as well.  I'm less familiar with them, having only seen them a few times, but it all works.

The only bad news is that I've been made aware of a smear campaign about this tour appearing on the "usual suspect" Board, that normally attacks Brian. The campaign thread was made up of people who "talked to friends" who were at Birmingham saying that Brian is clearly uncomfortable and should hang it up.  That is such a lie that it disgusts me.  Brian was clearly relaxed and he's doing what he enjoys, and my comments aren't hearsay crap.  It couldn't be more blatant what is going on there.  Everyone was thrilled that I talked to, aside from one woman.  She was complaining about "missing Foskett" and about Matt's vocals.  It was explained to me later that she has lost her band member who got her backstage passes and access to Brian in the past, so clearly she had an agenda, given who the band member was.  I hope she enjoys Klub Kokomo along with the others on that ugly thread.

I am happy that you are enjoying the shows. As many of us have seen Brian live, we know he is not the typical rock star on stage, but he more than makes up for those limitations in performance and having that fantastic band behind him. With having Brian, Al & Blondie on stage, along with Matt & Billy H., this is The Beach Boys for me, more so than Mike & Bruce.

As for the lady missing Foskett and enjoying Club Kokomo, hey, we all have agendas don't we?

I don't care where the woman cares to hang out or with whom she associates.  But when that agenda leads to the unfounded trashing of a show that didn't deserve it, and a vocalist who doesn't deserve it, I think I have a right to speak up.  I don't even know if she's part of that ugly campaign, but I feel certain that it's being deliberately organized and I don't appreciate Brian being described as someone unhappy onstage when he clearly isn't.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #994 on: May 19, 2016, 09:06:18 AM »

So far this week I've seen almost every published review except one from a newspaper's staff book reviewer giving glowing reviews of the shows so far. The most recent published review of the Cardiff show gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Add to that the various fan reviews from fans who are regular posters in various communities, again the majority leaning toward them having very positive comments and enthusiastic experiences at the shows. It begs the question, are people like the book reviewer and others talking about the same shows? I already gave my feelings about the book reviewer's comments. It felt like a deliberate hit piece, in my opinion. Kind of sad, really.

But what really strikes me is the small chorus of people who seem to know what is best for Brian, who seem to know what Brian wants to do or what his wishes are, and who are now suggesting Brian should consider retiring.

How about what Brian wants? How about what he said about continuing his touring in interviews and other reports? The man has said he wants to tour and perform his music for his fans, and is doing just that. I honestly don't understand how fans can continue to suggest he should retire, or quit the tour, or do anything of the sort, especially based on third- and fourth-hand information coming from whatever sources are "inside", yet seem to be clueless.

The man says he wants to perform for his fans and continue doing so, he's doing exactly that. He said he was looking forward to performing Pet Sounds this year, and most if not 99% (minus one) of the reviews and reports from the shows have been positive.

People are reporting having come away with a good feeling after experiencing these recent shows, in other words the shows featuring Brian's music made them happy, which is one of the main things Brian Wilson has said for decades that he wants to do with his music - make people happy.

But some fans on various message boards apparently know better what he should be doing, or what would really be best for him, including variations on "he should retire"? Wow.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:07:50 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 19, 2016, 09:32:04 AM »

Serious shortage of reviews from board members on the UK part of the tour.. eagerly waiting for more  3D

Sorry - most of us have been traveling to the various shows, so we're a bit behind on the reviews.  Mine will follow this link:

The Cardiff show was a fine performance by Brian, Al, Matt, Blondie and band, like the one in Birmingham.  The energy and skill of this group is so amazing.  By memory, I'm thinking that the set lists were the same, but of course, there are nuances at each show that makes it special.  To see these extraordinary musicians recreate that complex recording is something no fan should miss.  I know a large number of the shows are sold out, but it's worth the effort to try to get tickets where you can.  

As Emily noted above, it was fantastic.  Their were some minor sound glitches at both shows, but they were handled quickly.  As I've been saying since last year, with the addition of Al, Matt and Blondie, Brian has his best band ever in his later years, and I started seeing him in 1964.  My friends preferred the Cardiff show slightly, and I preferred the Birmingham show slightly, but both were quite fine.

I was noticing something about this group of vocalists, that really appealed to me.  During the softer numbers, the blend was particularly sweet, and when they rocked, the vocals really rocked.  It was perfect. Of course, Matt's being family helps make the harmonies feel more organic.  Mertens wailing on sax, with Blondie and Nicky killing on guitar is so amazing to watch in the midst of the gorgeous ballads and the unique work that is Pet Sounds.  I really enjoy Billy Hinsche and Gary Griffin, as well.  I'm less familiar with them, having only seen them a few times, but it all works.

The only bad news is that I've been made aware of a smear campaign about this tour appearing on the "usual suspect" Board, that normally attacks Brian. The campaign thread was made up of people who "talked to friends" who were at Birmingham saying that Brian is clearly uncomfortable and should hang it up.  That is such a lie that it disgusts me.  Brian was clearly relaxed and he's doing what he enjoys, and my comments aren't hearsay crap.  It couldn't be more blatant what is going on there.  Everyone was thrilled that I talked to, aside from one woman.  She was complaining about "missing Foskett" and about Matt's vocals.  It was explained to me later that she has lost her band member who got her backstage passes and access to Brian in the past, so clearly she had an agenda, given who the band member was.  I hope she enjoys Klub Kokomo along with the others on that ugly thread.

I don't care where the woman cares to hang out or with whom she associates.  But when that agenda leads to the unfounded trashing of a show that didn't deserve it, and a vocalist who doesn't deserve it, I think I have a right to speak up.  I don't even know if she's part of that ugly campaign, but I feel certain that it's being deliberately organized and I don't appreciate Brian being described as someone unhappy onstage when he clearly isn't.
She's entitled to feel however she wants and by whatever motivations she wants. As I said, everyone has an agenda. When Jeff first joined the Beach Boys, he really added the missing vocals that were lacking/missing in the live band for much of the late 70's. Once Matt was brought into the Beach Boys, I thought he matched Brian's falsetto much more closely. In Brian's band, he still more closely mirrors Brian than did Jeff.

You have to admit that Brian does not enter the stage and react to the crowd like most headliners would. Every show that I attend, someone always brings it up. Is he being forced to perform? He doesn't look like he wants to be up there. Did he hurt is back? He is walking gingerly, etc. I agree that it is up to us to let people know that that is Brian and that he does enjoy performing and that he does want to be here. I tell them that he still experiences stage fright and that he will settle in quick and put on a good show. That he wouldn't be touring for 17 years if he didn't enjoy it. I try to educate anyone who wants or cares to listen about anything concerning Brian Wilson and/or The Beach Boys.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 19, 2016, 10:08:55 AM »

So far this week I've seen almost every published review except one from a newspaper's staff book reviewer giving glowing reviews of the shows so far. The most recent published review of the Cardiff show gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Add to that the various fan reviews from fans who are regular posters in various communities, again the majority leaning toward them having very positive comments and enthusiastic experiences at the shows. It begs the question, are people like the book reviewer and others talking about the same shows? I already gave my feelings about the book reviewer's comments. It felt like a deliberate hit piece, in my opinion. Kind of sad, really.

But what really strikes me is the small chorus of people who seem to know what is best for Brian, who seem to know what Brian wants to do or what his wishes are, and who are now suggesting Brian should consider retiring.

How about what Brian wants? How about what he said about continuing his touring in interviews and other reports? The man has said he wants to tour and perform his music for his fans, and is doing just that. I honestly don't understand how fans can continue to suggest he should retire, or quit the tour, or do anything of the sort, especially based on third- and fourth-hand information coming from whatever sources are "inside", yet seem to be clueless.

The man says he wants to perform for his fans and continue doing so, he's doing exactly that. He said he was looking forward to performing Pet Sounds this year, and most if not 99% (minus one) of the reviews and reports from the shows have been positive.

People are reporting having come away with a good feeling after experiencing these recent shows, in other words the shows featuring Brian's music made them happy, which is one of the main things Brian Wilson has said for decades that he wants to do with his music - make people happy.

But some fans on various message boards apparently know better what he should be doing, or what would really be best for him, including variations on "he should retire"? Wow.

GF - If you could have seen the crowds' responses - I mean there was an actual roar for PS in Birmingham and during the final songs in Cardiff  (GOK always) - and I mean more than usual, you'd know why I'm calling bs on their crappy little campaign.  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:09:44 AM by Debbie KL » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 19, 2016, 10:25:24 AM »

Seeing Brian on Tuesday in Manchester, can't wait!

Have carefully avoided this thread to dodge any spoilers.

Please delete my account
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:50 AM »

Is there a place where we can get the approved opinions and the correct agendas so we don't have all of this "diversity" (nose in air) of opinion? Maybe a loyalty test or pledge to sign:
"I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Kokomoist/Brianista Party (mark "X" next to only one)"

Maybe at the top of the "Welcome" page.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:20:02 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #999 on: May 19, 2016, 12:00:56 PM »

Cheers Rob & Debbie....keep em comin..

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: