gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:09:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472138 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 16, 2016, 05:01:05 AM »

Bristol

[img][/img]
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 16, 2016, 05:06:42 AM »

Set List

[

[

[
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 16, 2016, 05:09:49 AM »

Proud boy is Mr Dean

Brian signed Holland first UPSIDE DOWN, so I got Al (who found it funny) and Blondie to follow suit  LOL

[
image upload no limit
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 16, 2016, 05:11:46 AM »

As Loaf mention (good to meet you) on the Bristol thread, Blondie LP signed (he stated that doesn't see many of these to sign)

photo hosting sites
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 16, 2016, 05:15:30 AM »

Finally, fast becoming my most favourite signed item in my collection (blimey its taken a few years and a load of gigs and lots of beer)

Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce, David and Blondie

[
how do you print screen
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: May 16, 2016, 06:15:19 AM »

And this reviews:  http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Review-Brian-Wilson-presents-Pet-Sounds-Bristol/story-29277670-detail/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ZAvfwiDrSlLVRbXP.01
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 16, 2016, 06:33:52 AM »

Thanks for posting that review, Deb!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #932 on: May 16, 2016, 07:16:34 AM »

In addition to my post gig enthusiastic review I should mention that Darian wasn't there last night. Can't help with setlist but they did do Wake The World which was nice to hear and the last 3 numbers of the first half were Wild Honey / Funky Pretty / Sail On Sailor sung by Blondie.

Billy Hinsche has mentioned he's filling in (for Darian it would seem) through June 20th (basically the entire current UK/Europe leg and the pre-San Diego dates in the US in June). The Zombies are back out on tour I believe, so I don't know if that's what Darian is up to presently.

What remains to be seen is if Gary Griffin is now essentially a permanent member, or if Billy and Gary will trade off on that now vacant spot in the band, or if Billy is mainly only the designated "Darian fill-in."

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #933 on: May 16, 2016, 07:17:29 AM »

Apologies if I missed mention of this, but did they do the "Proud Mary" snippet again? I'm curious if they did, or if someone at setlist.fm just copied and pasted the previous setlist that included that (a common occurrence there unfortunately).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 16, 2016, 07:24:09 AM »

Apologies if I missed mention of this, but did they do the "Proud Mary" snippet again? I'm curious if they did, or if someone at setlist.fm just copied and pasted the previous setlist that included that (a common occurrence there unfortunately).

No Proud Mary, set list from last night posted above
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #935 on: May 16, 2016, 07:24:50 AM »

Brian doing Foghat just made me do a spit take

Everybody knows that Brian's two constantly-played classics are "Be My Baby" and "Fool for the City."  3D

Not to veer off-topic, but one of the few funny Jay Leno jokes I can remember is from back in 1995 when the "Beatles Anthology" was airing and the press blitz was running full steam. Leno joked that CBS, who I would guess at the time were infamously low in the ratings, were trying to counterprogram ABC's "Beatles Anthology" with their own project: "The Foghat Anthology."

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: May 16, 2016, 07:25:40 AM »

No Proud Mary, set list from last night posted above

Thanks. Saw the setlist posted above; I just didn't know if the "Proud Mary" snippet may have still been done "off script" so to speak.

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 16, 2016, 07:30:41 AM »

Firstly, apologies to Rob and Loaf for missing the pre gig drinks-I had to go straight to Temple Meads station after the meet and greet and meet my girlfriend.

There was about 30 of us for the soundcheck and meet and greet and the whole experience was handled incredibly well. We had to wait about an hour to go into the soundcheck as there was'techincal issues'. When we did eventually go in, we were told we could film and take as many photos as we liked and sit where we wanted and move about-a very relaxed atmosphere.
The soundcheck itself was a real eye opener watching the guys trying to get all the levels correct, especially considering how many instruments are on stage. They ran through California Girls and after a lengthy discussion about levels, during which Brian was getting quite impatient, they went into Wake The world. They then did God Only Knows and then Blondie came out to do Sail on Sailor.
Throughout the soundcheck it seemed apparent that Gary Griffin and Billy Hinsche were still finding their feet playing together.
Al asked us how it was sounding and Paul did a great job explaining to everyone what was going on.
After Sail on Sailor, the band continued to soundcheck while Brian, Al and Blondie went to do the meet and greet.
We were advised that we could have two items signed and a picture taken but to keep it short. What was funny was that a few people obviously wanted a chat with the guys but would either be met by Brian shouting, 'Next' or 'Stand behind me for the photo'. Al and Blondie were chatting about the soundcheck but were also really open to questions and shaking hands etc.
I got my copy of Holland signed plus the Pet Sounds lithograph.

In all, the whole experience was incredibly well managed-the lady in charge was really nice but also very professional and advised how Brian was quite tired so keep any conversations quick. I don't think she bargained on Brian running the meet and great from his chair!

So....the gig itself. I can't really add to what's already been said. Bar a couple of mic issues, the sound was excellent although I felt the other people around me didn't really wake up until the encore. Only a few people got up at the end of God Only Knows. I was in Row F so maybe it was different behind me but after seeing so many RFH shows, the audience seemed a bit on the subdued side.

Al absolutetly nails his vocals and Matt had Brian's back during every song, stepping in when needed, which wasn't too often. There didn't seem to be much banter between Al and Brian but the appearance of Blondie certainly raised the show a few notches.

All in all, an amazing day-the soundcheck and meet and greet defintely surpassed my expectations and the gig itself was great.
Roll on Friday at The Palladium!

Here's a few photos:

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 16, 2016, 07:36:19 AM »

Firstly, apologies to Rob and Loaf for missing the pre gig drinks-I had to go straight to Temple Meads station after the meet and greet and meet my girlfriend.

There was about 30 of us for the soundcheck and meet and greet and the whole experience was handled incredibly well. We had to wait about an hour to go into the soundcheck as there was'techincal issues'. When we did eventually go in, we were told we could film and take as many photos as we liked and sit where we wanted and move about-a very relaxed atmosphere.
The soundcheck itself was a real eye opener watching the guys trying to get all the levels correct, especially considering how many instruments are on stage. They ran through California Girls and after a lengthy discussion about levels, during which Brian was getting quite impatient, they went into Wake The world. They then did God Only Knows and then Blondie came out to do Sail on Sailor.
Throughout the soundcheck it seemed apparent that Gary Griffin and Billy Hinsche were still finding their feet playing together.
Al asked us how it was sounding and Paul did a great job explaining to everyone what was going on.
After Sail on Sailor, the band continued to soundcheck while Brian, Al and Blondie went to do the meet and greet.
We were advised that we could have two items signed and a picture taken but to keep it short. What was funny was that a few people obviously wanted a chat with the guys but would either be met by Brian shouting, 'Next' or 'Stand behind me for the photo'. Al and Blondie were chatting about the soundcheck but were also really open to questions and shaking hands etc.
I got my copy of Holland signed plus the Pet Sounds lithograph.

In all, the whole experience was incredibly well managed-the lady in charge was really nice but also very professional and advised how Brian was quite tired so keep any conversations quick. I don't think she bargained on Brian running the meet and great from his chair!

So....the gig itself. I can't really add to what's already been said. Bar a couple of mic issues, the sound was excellent although I felt the other people around me didn't really wake up until the encore. Only a few people got up at the end of God Only Knows. I was in Row F so maybe it was different behind me but after seeing so many RFH shows, the audience seemed a bit on the subdued side.

Al absolutetly nails his vocals and Matt had Brian's back during every song, stepping in when needed, which wasn't too often. There didn't seem to be much banter between Al and Brian but the appearance of Blondie certainly raised the show a few notches.

All in all, an amazing day-the soundcheck and meet and greet defintely surpassed my expectations and the gig itself was great.
Roll on Friday at The Palladium!

Here's a few photos:

Hey, thank god Brian signed your copy the correct way up  LOL
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 16, 2016, 07:42:20 AM »

I think he used yours as practice!

Funnily enough I brought along my copy of Rock n Roll too but left it in my bag. I mentioned it to Blondie who said, "Too late, man...too late"

I'll bring it on Friday in case I see him on the way to the bus.

Rob-was that you who met Blondie and Matt off the bus while we were waiting to go into soundcheck?
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:35 AM »

The inflatable giraffe was a nice touch.    LOL   Great pics and reviews, guys!

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 16, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »

Rob Dean and Cliff1000UK, thanks for the great images and descriptions. You guys each have some great memorabilia. Rob, do you have the artist or did you take the picture on site?
Debbie KL, thanks for linking to the excellent review. It is such a great show.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:05 AM »

So it looks like, compared to the most recent May 1st setlist, the changes (besides "Proud Mary") were dropping "Honkin' Down the Highway" and "Darlin'" in favor of "Then I Kissed Her" and "Do It Again" (which surprisingly Brian has only rarely done in the last couple of years, which is fine with me).

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 16, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »

I think he used yours as practice!

Funnily enough I brought along my copy of Rock n Roll too but left it in my bag. I mentioned it to Blondie who said, "Too late, man...too late"

I'll bring it on Friday in case I see him on the way to the bus.

Rob-was that you who met Blondie and Matt off the bus while we were waiting to go into soundcheck?

Hi Cliff, yep sounds like me - I had the KTSA Album Cover T-Shirt on
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 16, 2016, 09:23:37 AM »

Rob Dean and Cliff1000UK, thanks for the great images and descriptions. You guys each have some great memorabilia. Rob, do you have the artist or did you take the picture on site?

Hi Emily, sorry I don't understand the question (too long a day yesterday, no doubt)

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #945 on: May 16, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »

Was that at the meet and greet, Rob?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 16, 2016, 09:50:37 AM »

Hi Emily, sorry I don't understand the question (too long a day yesterday, no doubt)

No - sorry - that was my phone thinking it's smarter than me. I meant set list!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 16, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »

So it looks like, compared to the most recent May 1st setlist, the changes (besides "Proud Mary") were dropping "Honkin' Down the Highway" and "Darlin'" in favor of "Then I Kissed Her" and "Do It Again" (which surprisingly Brian has only rarely done in the last couple of years, which is fine with me).
Darlin' is probably because Darian did the lead.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: May 16, 2016, 10:21:40 AM »

Darlin' is probably because Darian did the lead.

Agreed. Although, I do believe Billy Hinsche sang "Darlin'" when he filled in for Darian for a string of shows late last year.

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 16, 2016, 10:24:05 AM »

No - sorry - that was my phone thinking it's smarter than me. I meant set list!

Ok  Grin  I was stage hogging at the end and a certain Mr Jardine (Snr) gave me the set-list  Shocked
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx