gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:06:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472220 times)
bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 03, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »

I just think this guy struggles with sentence structure from time to time.  The interview itself is okay, but he doesn't really know his stuff.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:49:38 PM by bonnie bella » Logged
srv1303
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 03, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »

Weird interview, if you even want to call it that.

I'm grateful that he wants to tour and make people happy with his music. I'm 29 years old and can't believe that I'm lucky enough that Brian is still touring.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 03, 2016, 03:06:40 PM »

Uh, not sure if this the right thread anymore  Razz, here's a shot I nabbed of Blondie C delivering on some strat-action, his shredding hand a-blur:

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 03, 2016, 03:17:59 PM »

Uh, not sure if this the right thread anymore  Razz, here's a shot I nabbed of Blondie C delivering on some strat-action, his shredding hand a-blur:

That works.  You're so very right.  How did this become about the reviewers - just slobs with an opinion - probably less-informed than many of us here?

Who frikkin' cares?

I was listening to the Desper mixes.  That stunningly talented man I was listening to as a little girl, still discovering his talents as I listened to those mixes, is still out there touring to make people happy.  What an amazing gift to all of us.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 03, 2016, 06:50:44 PM »

Thank you, kiwi surfer, for the link. I enjoyed the article but these sentences made me feel a little...uncomfortable:

"But I have only 20 minutes by telephone. Then just 15, with the promise of a nameless manager listening in to ensure I don't stray too far from the nominated topics..."

It appears some people might not know or understand how the process works when dealing with the press or scheduling phone interviews for artists or celebrities.

Don't know why this would cause discomfort, considering it's been standard practice for decades when interviews of this type are scheduled and done as part of the usual press junkets. The reporters are scheduled and given so much time to interview the artist or individual, and are put in a queue to wait their turn. When it's that reporter's time, the artist's management or the staff running the process goes live with the call (if it's a phone interview like this one), and that reporter gets his allotted time to ask questions, then it's onto the next reporter in line in the phone queue.

Standard practice. Nothing to get alarmed about.

Yeah. There's a thread about an interview in which the journalist overheard Bruce saying something rude about the journalist to Bruce's PR person who was listening in. I thought it was established in that thread that the listening in PR person was common.

Regarding the age of journalists, I thought the George Stroumboulopoulos interview was one of the best I've seen. It's best if the interview knows their subject, of course, but I don't think age is important.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 03, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »

wow! oh what a night!  Melbourne was great!  will give a detailed opinion later. 
had the best time and really glad to finally meet Al Smith, Ian Parsons, Mozz and his parents and the American couple
now in Freemantle, Joy and Jay ?  sorry if I've misspelled those names.
It was great to talk about everything we love about Brian right down to his mannerisms. 
no surprises in the setlist, but here it is abbreviated:

prayer
heroes
cal girls
dance dance
get around
shut down
deuce
room
surfer girl
don't worry
wake the world
add some
honkin'
darling
one kind
wild hon
funky
sail on

set 2
pet sounds album - walk off
band intro's by Paul
encore:
good vibes
summer long
Rhonda
Barbara A
S. u.s.a
fun fun
l & m
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 03, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »

Damn man, that's an INCREDIBLE setlist!  Cool

I can only hope Add Some Music, Funky Pretty, Honkin' and the like have survived by the time the tour comes to NYC in June.

Glad you had a great time!  Smiley

mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 03, 2016, 09:27:47 PM »

wow! oh what a night!  Melbourne was great!  will give a detailed opinion later. 
had the best time and really glad to finally meet Al Smith, Ian Parsons, Mozz and his parents and the American couple
now in Freemantle, Joy and Jay ?  sorry if I've misspelled those names.
It was great to talk about everything we love about Brian right down to his mannerisms. 

prayer
heroes
cal girls
dance dance
get around
shut down
deuce
room
surfer girl
don't worry
wake the world
add some
honkin'
darling
one kind
wild hon
funky
sail on

set 2
pet sounds album - walk off
band intro's by Paul
encore:
good vibes
summer long
Rhonda
Barbara A
S. u.s.a
fun fun
l & m

Awesome to see all the deep cuts back!!!  Hope they survive in the setlist for the Japan dates!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 03, 2016, 10:00:20 PM »

Damn man, that's an INCREDIBLE setlist!  Cool

I can only hope Add Some Music, Funky Pretty, Honkin' and the like have survived by the time the tour comes to NYC in June.

Glad you had a great time!  Smiley

Funky Pretty and Honkin' should be cool, as Funky is part of the Blondie "set" and Honkin' is Al's big chance Smiley Now, what would be cool; Al took the time to tell everyone that the B-side of both the Add Some Music and Honkin' 45's was Susie Cincinnati - but they wouldn't be playing it last night - I think it would be a great deep cut addition to the set, the band is hot and could nail it easily, sez me.

btw, I really enjoyed the opportunity to see Gary Griffin, who got the "what's his name" honours of the evening, rockin' out.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 03, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »

haha! I was actually excited myself thinking they were gonna do 'Susie!'
they woulda killed it with this kickbutt band.  haha, yes for those who weren't there,
Brian acknowledged Darian to his right, then looked over and said over the mic to Darian, 'what's that guys name?'
Darian said it's 'Gary Griffin'.  Brian said 'that's Gary Griffin'.  Darian and Gary laughed and were humoured by it.
So very Brian.  A great moment.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 03, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »

Actually for anyone from Brian's band who may read this. He mentioned 'my movie' at the Auckland show before singing 'One Kind Of Love'. Griffin should get a shout out then (by someone) as he was in it.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 03, 2016, 11:03:26 PM »

Do you know who he played in the film?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 03, 2016, 11:11:49 PM »

he did get a mention in Melbourne.  Gary is the piano player from about 25mins in of 'love n mercy' doing 'I'm waiting for the day'.
(the grey haired dude)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 03, 2016, 11:14:53 PM »

I watched the film & Gary in it. I just wondered who of the Wrecking Crew he played.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 03, 2016, 11:17:38 PM »

I watched the film & Gary in it. I just wondered who of the Wrecking Crew he played.

Al Deloray
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 03, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »

Al Deloray
I see. Thanks for the info.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: April 04, 2016, 08:03:02 AM »

Glad to see "Add", "Wake", and "Honkin'" back. I think it's impossible to know whether they'll all survive months into the tour. Even if they keep the setlist the same length and don't make any effort to drop "deep cuts", the setlist will probably evolve over the course of 80 dates. Even on the much shorter summer 2015 tour, some changes were integrated, including adding "Surf's Up." "Busy Doin' Nothin'" was cut for the fall dates, etc.

I actually wish they'd vary the setlist even more than they do. Even if they want to X number of "classics", it would be cool to see those rotated a little more.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 04, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »

I was listening to the Desper mixes.  That stunningly talented man I was listening to as a little girl, still discovering his talents as I listened to those mixes, is still out there touring to make people happy.  What an amazing gift to all of us.

Ain't that the truth, Debbie.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 04, 2016, 01:54:19 PM »

Al Deloray

Pretty sure its Delory
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 04, 2016, 10:31:47 PM »

Glad to see "Add", "Wake", and "Honkin'" back. I think it's impossible to know whether they'll all survive months into the tour. Even if they keep the setlist the same length and don't make any effort to drop "deep cuts", the setlist will probably evolve over the course of 80 dates. Even on the much shorter summer 2015 tour, some changes were integrated, including adding "Surf's Up." "Busy Doin' Nothin'" was cut for the fall dates, etc.

I actually wish they'd vary the setlist even more than they do. Even if they want to X number of "classics", it would be cool to see those rotated a little more.

I won't complain if they play 'Surf's Up...'  that's pretty much the ultimate BB's track for me.

Especially if they replace 'Barbara Ann' with it  Evil
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 05, 2016, 02:12:52 AM »

I'd love to hear them play Surf's Up again. I'd like to hear what Matt would make of that vocal.

I think variation of the setlist is a good idea - especially so from the point of view of fans who are attending more than one concert and there must be many for whom that is true.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 05, 2016, 06:25:53 AM »

I saw Brian last year do Surf's Up in New Jersey with a little help from Matt and it was excellent, easily one of the highlights of the show.  He also did Busy Doin' Nothin' that night.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: April 05, 2016, 08:01:43 AM »

Added the 8/27 Atlantic City show to the top post.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 05, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »

Would love to hear the live versions of Honkin, Wake & Funky.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 05, 2016, 08:37:02 AM »

Here's hopin' they get around to playing Leaving This Town!

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx