gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:36:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472147 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 05, 2016, 11:44:51 PM »

Got my tickets for the St. Augustine show! This will be my fourth Brian Wilson show and my fifth time seeing him in general, as I also saw him in 2012 with The Beach Boys.

So psyched to soon be able to say that I saw Brian play Pet Sounds live. Seeing him and company do SMiLE in 2004 was amazing, but I think Pet Sounds will top it!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2016, 09:58:40 AM »

Got my tickets for the St. Augustine show! This will be my fourth Brian Wilson show and my fifth time seeing him in general, as I also saw him in 2012 with The Beach Boys.

So psyched to soon be able to say that I saw Brian play Pet Sounds live. Seeing him and company do SMiLE in 2004 was amazing, but I think Pet Sounds will top it!

There's no doubt in my mind that you'll love it, having seen this band last summer.  Having seen several of the "Pet Sounds" shows in the past with the orchestra (spectacular), I'm really excited about these new shows with whatever new takes this amazing band will have on it today.  We have Al, Matt and Blondie, with Brian and band, so I think we'll see Brian's new view of it all. 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2016, 04:04:24 PM »

The Strathmore gig is already sold out...I would not be surprised if another area gig were added in August as they come up the coast.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2016, 06:16:08 PM »

So Brian's coming to Melbourne very soon as part of this tour. I would love to see him and all that, though unfortunately I'll have to give it a pass. I'm already going to see Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden with friends, and I can't spend too much money on concerts. In any case I've already seen Brian with The Beach Boys during the C50 tour, so I think that'll be enough. If I do get enough money to go to another concert this year, priorities would go to Eric Burdon And The Animals
KDS
« Reply #354 on: March 07, 2016, 05:43:09 AM »

So Brian's coming to Melbourne very soon as part of this tour. I would love to see him and all that, though unfortunately I'll have to give it a pass. I'm already going to see Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden with friends, and I can't spend too much money on concerts. In any case I've already seen Brian with The Beach Boys during the C50 tour, so I think that'll be enough. If I do get enough money to go to another concert this year, priorities would go to Eric Burdon And The Animals

Jealous of you getting a Maiden show in your neck of the woods.  I don't think we'll be getting a Book of Souls show in DC/MD until 2017. 

I saw Brian twice last year, but there was no way I was missing out on Pet Sounds live. 
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2016, 03:06:38 AM »

The Strathmore gig is already sold out...I would not be surprised if another area gig were added in August as they come up the coast.

I totally stuffed up getting tickets for Strathmore, as a gift for my mother's birthday (I blame getting the on-sale time wrong from fifteen timezones away).  Anyone know a good legitimate non-scalpery source for tickets at this point?

Mutter grumble gnash,
Jon Blum
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2016, 09:52:28 PM »

Added 6/30 San Diego show to the top post.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 09, 2016, 12:20:57 AM »

Would have been pretty cool if that concert could have been in the zoo somehow.
KDS
« Reply #358 on: March 09, 2016, 05:26:47 AM »

I totally stuffed up getting tickets for Strathmore, as a gift for my mother's birthday (I blame getting the on-sale time wrong from fifteen timezones away).  Anyone know a good legitimate non-scalpery source for tickets at this point?

Mutter grumble gnash,
Jon Blum

Since the Strathmore doesn't go through Ticketmaster or Ticketfly, that may be difficult. 

Hate to say it, but if you weren't able to get a ticket for this show, you might have to rely on a scalping site (ie. Stubhub). 

Or, you can also see if there are tickets left for Philly on Fri 9/23.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 09, 2016, 11:12:40 AM »

Well Wolf Trap is not far away (Vienna, VA.) I think there's even a metro stop that has a shuttle that goes right to the arena.

Edit: My bad, his Virginia date is in Roanoke. Guess once I get down there, I'll have to go the StubHub route.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:14:26 AM by Wrightfan » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2016, 06:34:17 AM »

Brian has just been announced as the headliner for Brooklyn, NY's Northside Festival at McCarren Park on June 12th.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:43:04 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »

Brian has just been announced as the headliner for Brooklyn, NY's Northside Festival at McCarren Park on June 12th.

Kacey Musgraves will also be at the festival.  I wonder if we'll be hearing the first ever live performance of "Guess You Had to Be There".

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2016, 08:47:12 AM »

Added new shows for 8/23 and 8/25.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2016, 08:56:56 AM »

Baltimore on 8/23??  You've got to be kidding me.  

This is why I wish they'd announce the whole tour at once.  I already bought tickets for a bunch more inconvenient location in Bethesda for September 20th. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:59:01 AM by KDS » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 14, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »

Baltimore on 8/23??  You've got to be kidding me.  

This is why I wish they'd announce the whole tour at once.  I already bought tickets for a bunch more inconvenient location in Bethesda for September 20th. 

Here we go...didn't we say this would happen??? Ridiculousness...totally agreed. Why can't they announce it all at once???...
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2016, 07:44:55 PM »

After checking out the ticket prices...I think I'll be happier with our arrangement at the Strathmore. We've got really cool box-style seats at the top near the front of the stage and it's a new venue to me that looks totally gorgeous. If you're not at the front of either the top or bottom level at the Hippodrome, you're at a high risk of having a decent view.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #366 on: March 14, 2016, 07:48:23 PM »

Jealous of you getting a Maiden show in your neck of the woods.  I don't think we'll be getting a Book of Souls show in DC/MD until 2017. 

I saw Brian twice last year, but there was no way I was missing out on Pet Sounds live. 

So I found out that a mate of mine is going to see Brian Wilson in Perth..... I'd be lying if I wasn't festering in jealousy aha
KDS
« Reply #367 on: March 15, 2016, 05:16:12 AM »

After checking out the ticket prices...I think I'll be happier with our arrangement at the Strathmore. We've got really cool box-style seats at the top near the front of the stage and it's a new venue to me that looks totally gorgeous. If you're not at the front of either the top or bottom level at the Hippodrome, you're at a high risk of having a decent view.

I know the prices for the band Ghost at the Hippodrome were a little on the high side for a newer band.

Turns out a former business associate who I haven't talked to in years (other than Happy Birthday / Merry Xmas messages) offered me a free pair to the Baltimore show.  I must be posting a lot of BB/BW stuff on Facebook because when we worked together, I never once mentioned Brian or the BB. 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 15, 2016, 08:06:19 AM »

I know the prices for the band Ghost at the Hippodrome were a little on the high side for a newer band.

Turns out a former business associate who I haven't talked to in years (other than Happy Birthday / Merry Xmas messages) offered me a free pair to the Baltimore show.  I must be posting a lot of BB/BW stuff on Facebook because when we worked together, I never once mentioned Brian or the BB. 

NICE!!!
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 15, 2016, 08:34:36 PM »

I got the ticket for the show in Brooklyn, NY.

Be kind to the people you meet on the way up because you will meet the same people on the way down.

Ralph Kramden.
KDS
« Reply #370 on: March 16, 2016, 05:21:47 AM »

Awesome
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 16, 2016, 06:31:49 AM »

Awesome
Me too! Very excited.

Interesting festival to be headlining -- looks like a lot of hipsterish contemporary bands. Should be a young crowd. Is it safe to assume the show is standing-room-only?

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 17, 2016, 05:55:55 AM »

Two new BW and friends dates announced:
July 3 - Ottawa, ON, Canada - Confederation Park, Jazz Fest
Aug. 16 - Bowling Green, KY - Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: March 17, 2016, 07:19:45 AM »

Added the two new dates to the top post. If my impromptu count is correct, it's up to 79 shows now. More than C50.

And again, does anyone have any idea why Brian appears to specifically go out of his way to NOT perform in the US on July 4th during years when he's on tour in July? I'm still wondering if it's some agreement with BRI to not "compete" on that day in the US or something. Or does Brian just really not like fireworks?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:21:18 AM by HeyJude » Logged

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2016, 08:15:54 AM »

Bowling Green.... closer, but still over three hours away.  Hopefully that date means they'll add something closer to me in the days before that concert.  Can't imagine they'd do Bowling Green, but not Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, etc.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx