gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 07:28:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 474115 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2016, 04:19:02 PM »

Pollstar is showing a 6/10 Portugal show, so I've added that to the top post.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »

Looking at those dates, can't help feeling that continental Europe needs attending to.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 29, 2016, 03:33:06 PM »

Two new dates for Brian, Al, and Blondie:
July 4 -- Toronto, ON, Canada (Massey Hall)
Aug. 20 -- Roanoke, VA (Elmwood Park)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: February 29, 2016, 03:39:03 PM »

Added and added....

Okay, so now we see a VERY CLEAR pattern of Brian *not* playing in the US on July 4th when July 4th falls in the middle of one of his tours.

Does he have some agreement with BRI *not* to book a live gig on the 4th of July within the USA?

Also interesting that it appears that late July through early September gap will not be all time off, as that 8/20 show falls right in the midst of what previously appeared to be a break. I wonder how many additional dates will be added during that gap.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:41:47 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
carolinablonde
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 29, 2016, 07:57:21 PM »

I got a presale notification today that Brian and crew will be at the Duke Energy Center in Raleigh, NC on 8/19.  Tickets go on sale Thursday.  .
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 01, 2016, 06:14:37 AM »

Another Carolina date:

Aug. 18, Asheville, NC at the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »

Now I'm wondering if there'll be another date closer to Baltimore than September 20th...they're coming right up the coast...and of course tickets go on sale this Friday for Strathmore.
KDS
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2016, 12:53:06 PM »

Now I'm wondering if there'll be another date closer to Baltimore than September 20th...they're coming right up the coast...and of course tickets go on sale this Friday for Strathmore.

I wound up springing for the $65 to become a "Strathmore Star" so that I could buy tickets on February 18th.  I'm not as close as I was in Philly or Rockville, but I got decent seats. 

Since I went through that, I wouldn't be surprised if a date closer to Baltimore get added. 
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »

I'm still hoping for a date in or near Cincinnati.
Tim Wilford
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2016, 01:15:27 PM »

Per a radio station in Dallas. Brian will be at the Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie (suburb in DFW). On May 1.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2016, 01:19:40 PM »

I wound up springing for the $65 to become a "Strathmore Star" so that I could buy tickets on February 18th.  I'm not as close as I was in Philly or Rockville, but I got decent seats. 

Since I went through that, I wouldn't be surprised if a date closer to Baltimore get added. 

Do you happen to remember how the price breakdown went? As you know, none of that can be viewed without being a Strathmore Star...which I have no interest in being! In nine years of going to concerts this is the first time The Strathmore has popped up on my radar! LOL
KDS
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »

I wound up springing for the $65 to become a "Strathmore Star" so that I could buy tickets on February 18th.  I'm not as close as I was in Philly or Rockville, but I got decent seats.  

Do you happen to remember how the price breakdown went? As you know, none of that can be viewed without being a Strathmore Star...which I have no interest in being! In nine years of going to concerts this is the first time The Strathmore has popped up on my radar! LOL

Tickets range from $45 - $165.  

I got tickets in orchestra tier for $99 each.  The good thing is there's no service charges.  

I normally wouldn't do that Star thing, but with it being a small venue, I didn't want to take any chances.   I probably jumped the gun.  It's not thing I've heard or read one advertisement for the show locally.  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:14:45 AM by KDS » Logged
fishcane
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2016, 02:51:53 PM »

This is one ambitious tour!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2016, 02:09:30 PM »

Added a May 1st show in Grand Prairie, TX to the top post, which has appeared on Brian's website tour schedule.

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 04, 2016, 06:28:32 AM »

Got our tix for Pet Sounds at The Strathmore! We're the first seats in the first box up top! Should be excellent...thinking of a nice bed-sheet type banner to drape over the edge at the end of the concert  Cool Guy
KDS
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2016, 06:32:47 AM »

Got our tix for Pet Sounds at The Strathmore! We're the first seats in the first box up top! Should be excellent...thinking of a nice bed-sheet type banner to drape over the edge at the end of the concert  Cool Guy

I'm glad tickets were available today.  Although I'm sorry I talked myself into paying that additional $65.  But, I'm a Strathmore Star......whatever that means.

Now, for the 6 1/2 month wait. 
Senator Blutarsky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2016, 06:58:19 AM »

Buying tickets over 6 mos in advance is a long time to wait.  Got mine the day after the St Augustine FL show went on sale and I was surprised how many seats were already gone within 24 hrs. Good demand for this tour.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2016, 07:10:35 AM »

Try 8 1/2 pushing almost 9 months for the end-of-tour shows near mid-October; that was my main gripe with how tickets went on sale during the first big on-sale push. For a number of financial and logistical reasons, I didn't find that very fan-friendly.

Sometimes folks don't know their schedule 8-9 months ahead of time for a specific day. I also in general just don't like fronting money for something that far in advance. It also creates a problem for people waiting for the possibility of additional shows being added that were better for one's schedule or geographical location.

Especially for shows in, say, October, it would be nice to perhaps *announce* the shows in January or February and then wait until maybe April or May for them to go on sale.

KDS
« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2016, 07:10:57 AM »

Buying tickets over 6 mos in advance is a long time to wait.  Got mine the day after the St Augustine FL show went on sale and I was surprised how many seats were already gone within 24 hrs. Good demand for this tour.

Yeah, six months is a long time.  

My only concern is the number of dates.  I hope Brian doesn't burn himself out before we get to September.  He did a ton of dates in 2012 with The Beach Boys, and those were 2.5 hour shows, so hopefully everything goes well.  

You think this is a long time, a friend of mine bought tickets for Black Sabbath back in October last year.  The show's not until September of this year - 11 months!!!  
KDS
« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2016, 07:15:35 AM »

Try 8 1/2 pushing almost 9 months for the end-of-tour shows near mid-October; that was my main gripe with how tickets went on sale during the first big on-sale push. For a number of financial and logistical reasons, I didn't find that very fan-friendly.

Sometimes folks don't know their schedule 8-9 months ahead of time for a specific day. I also in general just don't like fronting money for something that far in advance. It also creates a problem for people waiting for the possibility of additional shows being added that were better for one's schedule or geographical location.

Especially for shows in, say, October, it would be nice to perhaps *announce* the shows in January or February and then wait until maybe April or May for them to go on sale.

I agree.  Also, I find it a little odd how shows keep getting added here and there.  Why not wait until the entire tour itinerary is finalized before putting tickets on sale?   

I bought tickets for Bethesda, MD on a Tuesday night.  I'd hate for a show to randomly get announced for, say, Baltimore, on a Friday or Saturday night after I've already plunked down the money for the Bethesda show. 

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »

You wanna hear about a long wait? September 2014 I buy tickets for The Who's 50th Ann. Tour stop in DC on November 1st 2015. It was then rescheduled for March 24th 2016....so far...we're still on!  LOL
KDS
« Reply #346 on: March 04, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »

You wanna hear about a long wait? September 2014 I buy tickets for The Who's 50th Ann. Tour stop in DC on November 1st 2015. It was then rescheduled for March 24th 2016....so far...we're still on!  LOL

I almost bought tickets for that tour.   Big Who fan. 

But I've seen The Who three times since 2000.  The last time was the Quadrophenia Tour in 2012, and there's really not much Who material that I really want to hear live that I've not heard before. 

Maybe if they do a Tommy 50th in a couple years, I'll consider it. 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 04, 2016, 09:27:56 AM »

But I've seen The Who three times since 2000.  The last time was the Quadrophenia Tour in 2012, and there's really not much Who material that I really want to hear live that I've not heard before. 

This is my first (and probably only) time seeing them. I was in St. Louis for McCartney when they came in '12...and I had some kind of commitment in '08 but it's been so long I don't remember!  LOL
KDS
« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2016, 09:39:09 AM »

This is my first (and probably only) time seeing them. I was in St. Louis for McCartney when they came in '12...and I had some kind of commitment in '08 but it's been so long I don't remember!  LOL

You'll enjoy it.  They still put on a high quality show. 

If money were no object, I'd gladly see them one more time before they call it a day. 
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2016, 07:04:43 PM »

Kind of ironic there won't be a performance on the exact 50th anniversary of Pet Sounds.

Maybe Brian, Al, and the rest of the band will have a little party at Mike's house to celebrate  Grin

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx