gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:53:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472174 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »

Added the extra London Palladium show to the top post.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2016, 11:58:56 AM »

Regarding the meet and greet package, I've bought one for April 3 in Melbourne, but noticing there was no mention of a photo with the worldwide package as opposed the the U.S packages, I emailed the local promoter. They responded today by saying they'd been in touch with Brian's management about it and management has said it will depend on Brian on the given evening. So the photo opportunity may be hit and miss.  

Interesting that Brian has a say in the non-US packages, but they say a picture IS included in the US packages.

With no picture, what do you do at a meet & greet?

Meet people and greet them? I'd imagine (given my experience of similar events but without paying for them) you'd get a chance to talk to Brian's band, and maybe Al and Blondie, and then Brian will come in, you'll get a chance to shake his hand and maybe get an autograph, maybe exchange a few words.

This is not how the NPP tour VIP souncheck and meet & greets were conducted. It was much more formal, Brian and Al (and Blondie, if he was playing the show) would be at a table. You would be ushered into the room, they would sign the Love & Mercy sheet music plus one additional small item. You would then stand behind them for a quick snap with your camera/phone. Very little time for chitchat. The backing band was not involved in the meet & greet portion, just the soundcheck.

I bought the VIP meet & greet going on the assumption that this is how the Pet Sounds tour would most likely be conducted. If I recall, the Beck tour was similar. I question if they will allow one small item to be signed in addition to the GOK sheet music and poster. If not, I'm hopeful I could forgo having one of those items signed and instead get my Rolling Stone magazine cover signed. We shall see, I'm sure there will be plenty of anecdotes posted from both the international and US shows.

Yeah, that's how I'd assume the meet and greets will go for places where there are photos -- and I suspect that will be all or most of them. I was just talking about what might happen in a meet and greet situation *without* the photo.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2016, 12:17:57 PM »

Meet people and greet them? I'd imagine (given my experience of similar events but without paying for them) you'd get a chance to talk to Brian's band, and maybe Al and Blondie, and then Brian will come in, you'll get a chance to shake his hand and maybe get an autograph, maybe exchange a few words.

The meet & greet is advertised with Brian only.
Does Brian seem like the type who wants to exchange a few words?  I don't think so.
The picture would actually be kind of a goal/finale to get your butt out of there for the next person.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2016, 01:55:38 PM »

The meet & greet is advertised with Brian only.
Does Brian seem like the type who wants to exchange a few words?  I don't think so.
The picture would actually be kind of a goal/finale to get your butt out of there for the next person.

I agree. Taking a quick photo and ushering you out of the room takes much less effort than a "relaxed" mingling atmosphere.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2016, 03:49:01 AM »

The ticket business in UK is such a fucking travesty. 
Every time I swear I won't ever get involved again but every time Brian comes back I'm forced to play this shitty game again. 
How is this not illegal I will never know.

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2016, 03:50:31 AM »

Every time I swear I won't ever get involved again but every time Brian comes back I'm forced to play this shitty game again. 

Quite :-/

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2016, 04:47:31 AM »

For the London Sunday show, I was on 4 different ticket sellers the moment they the sale started and the stalls were already sold out as well as most of of the circle.
But what do you know, plenty of tickets immediately available from re-sellers at 3-4 times the face value.
Disgusting.
I miss the old times when you could trust honest scalpers outside the venue.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2016, 12:36:34 AM »

For the London Sunday show, I was on 4 different ticket sellers the moment they the sale started and the stalls were already sold out as well as most of of the circle.
But what do you know, plenty of tickets immediately available from re-sellers at 3-4 times the face value.
Disgusting.
I miss the old times when you could trust honest scalpers outside the venue.

I miss the old times when you bought tickets from the venue.

Had to catch a bus into town at the weekend to buy a ticket for Darts at Halifax Civic… had to ost off a cheque (cadged off Dad) for tickets to Knebworth 1980.

Be nice to see some honesty return to the system but as a species we're evolving past it - survival of the greediest.

“We live in divisive times.”
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 09, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »

Brian's playing the Hollywood Bowl on July 10th.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »

Thanks!  Great to know, Bubbly Waves.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »

Oh boy, that's where I first saw him perform. With VDP conducting the symphony prelim. I wonder if I can win the Lotto in time to buy n' fly…?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:45:41 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
SteveJ1980
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 10, 2016, 10:49:41 AM »

Hey, is anyone on here doing the tier 1 meet and greet in the UK??
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2016, 10:44:51 AM »

More dates announced!

7/6 - Burlington, VT
9/9 - Atlanta
9/10 - St. Augustine, FL
9/11 - Sarasota, FL
9/16 - Nashville (2nd date)
10/5 - Salt Lake City
10/12 - San Francisco (2nd date)
10/15 - Sacramento

Still waiting for a Chicago date!  But I do love that this tour keeps growing.

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »

Added the additional dates to the top post. Anyone let me know if I missed any, as the BW website didn't tag which dates were the new ones, so I just scrolled and tried to catch them all....

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2016, 01:58:34 PM »

Atlanta is the Fox Theater.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2016, 12:19:03 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a way to know when tickets will be on sale for Seattle? I suppose checking in everyday is one option.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2016, 09:54:55 PM »

Anybody going to the second (a month after the first) show at the Flynn in Burlington on July 6 and have a pre-sale password? The first show sold out without any promotion; it's really great of Brian to return for another. Especially considering that, as far as I know, he's never played a show anywhere in Vermont before, neither as a solo act nor with the Beach Boys.
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2016, 10:51:16 PM »

Does anyone know if the Atlanta show is confirmed to have Blondie and Al as well?
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »

Anybody going to the second (a month after the first) show at the Flynn in Burlington on July 6 and have a pre-sale password? The first show sold out without any promotion; it's really great of Brian to return for another. Especially considering that, as far as I know, he's never played a show anywhere in Vermont before, neither as a solo act nor with the Beach Boys.

I have super nice tickets for the first show (june 14) but now I'm wondering if I should buy tickets for the second also. It will be my first time going to a BW show (I've never been to BB's either) and I don't know what to expect except it will be great and I'll get to see Brian "in person". I'm dragging my friend there but she's only a casual fan and she won't go a second time, for sure. Isn't there an app to locate BB fans? There should be.

It was fairly easy to get tickets the first time, so, Sonora, I wouldn't worry. Just be ready at 10 a.m. on friday!

Le moineau est venu se poser à ma fenêtre.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2016, 09:41:19 AM »

I have super nice tickets for the first show (june 14) but now I'm wondering if I should buy tickets for the second also. It will be my first time going to a BW show (I've never been to BB's either) and I don't know what to expect except it will be great and I'll get to see Brian "in person". I'm dragging my friend there but she's only a casual fan and she won't go a second time, for sure. Isn't there an app to locate BB fans? There should be.

It was fairly easy to get tickets the first time, so, Sonora, I wouldn't worry. Just be ready at 10 a.m. on friday!

If you can afford to go a second time, I would. You may not have many more chances to see Brian live, and he and his band are extraordinarily good. You'll be kicking yourself coming out of the first show if you haven't bought tickets for the second.

catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 16, 2016, 10:02:02 AM »

If you can afford to go a second time, I would. You may not have many more chances to see Brian live, and he and his band are extraordinarily good. You'll be kicking yourself coming out of the first show if you haven't bought tickets for the second.

Yes, that's exatcly what I'm afraid of! Thanks for the advice.

SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 16, 2016, 10:47:11 AM »

You will absolutely love seeing Brian at the Flynn. I was born in Burlington and remember seeing many great shows and performers there, as well as movies. Wouldn't be surprised if he made some changes to the "hits" part the second time around, so I'd also encourage you to go again, if you can swing it.

I'm actually seeing Brian three nights after the second Burlington show, in Phoenix (in an even smaller and more "intimate" venue), but I've talked my older brother into going to the second Flynn show, if he can score tickets. He's a member but wasn't even aware of the first show until I told him... too late.
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 16, 2016, 11:59:19 AM »

I guess I was just hoping a date in Montreal would be announced... Does anyone think there's a chance that will happen at this point?

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 16, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »

So Marty, for which venue have you purchased those VIP tickets?  I have people asking about them at various venues.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 16, 2016, 07:49:16 PM »

So Marty, for which venue have you purchased those VIP tickets?  I have people asking about them at various venues.
If that was directed to me, I bought VIP for the Fox Theatre in Detroit. I did VIP in New Buffalo back in November. Do you have a question? I'll try to help...
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx