gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:21:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472170 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »

I will be attending the May 1st show in London with my father. He has never heard any BW material live. It's gonna be a blast. Maybe we run into some SmileySmiler or other there. Smiley

If you turn up on May first, you're in for quite a wait.  Smiley

However, if you mean the 21st, I'd be delighted to make your acquaintance.
Typo corrected!

I'll keep that in mind!

Hey now, that hits close to home. While I am known (and mocked) for my punctuality by friends, I once surprised and REALLY annoyed them by getting us to a Prince concert about 25 hours early...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
BBLB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »

I've been to the Strathmore before (which is in North Bethesda Maryland, not DC but digress  LOL)

Small but GREAT acoustics. Perfect venue for Brian.

Oh yeah!  Saw Mike and Bruce there a few years ago in a show that included several cuts from the Christmas album that I never thought I would ever hear live.

Got my ticket for the September show.  Definitely hoping for Blondie to be there as he missed the Brian/Beck show at the Warner in DC.
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2016, 01:21:15 AM »

I have seats for me and my girfriend for the London show on the 21st. Waaaaay back in row I on the second balcony, but luckily two of the last 10 seats left available.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2016, 01:02:29 PM »

The non-VIP tickets go on sale at 10AM. You and I along with many others will be competing!

Got my tickets ordered for Nashville and I can't wait!! Smiley

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »

Got tix for the 4/15 show in Osaka--very excited!  I'll be curious to see what else gets played besides Pet Sounds of course. 
KDS
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2016, 05:21:33 AM »

I've been to the Strathmore before (which is in North Bethesda Maryland, not DC but digress  LOL)

Small but GREAT acoustics. Perfect venue for Brian.

Oh yeah!  Saw Mike and Bruce there a few years ago in a show that included several cuts from the Christmas album that I never thought I would ever hear live.

Got my ticket for the September show.  Definitely hoping for Blondie to be there as he missed the Brian/Beck show at the Warner in DC.

Did you get tickets for the Strathmore?  I thought they weren't on sale until March 4th. 
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2016, 06:00:38 AM »

Is it probably quite likely that the meet and greet (at least in the UK) will just be like the 50th? Where you literally just stand behind them and have a photo taken? Will it even include Al or Blondie?

I am so tempted to get one of the VIP packages, but can't decide which. If they were much cheaper I'd go for the meet and greet without hesitation!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2016, 10:14:23 AM »

See you there. Smiley  (The Mrs. got us tickets to that show in case they didn't announce a show for our neck of the woods...but word on the street is they WILL be soon. We hope it's Ravinia!)

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »

See you there. Smiley  (The Mrs. got us tickets to that show in case they didn't announce a show for our neck of the woods...but word on the street is they WILL be soon. We hope it's Ravinia!)

Awesome! I look forward to it Smiley (Very cool, good luck on a closer show!)

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »

Has there been any news of the supposed Los Angeles show?
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2016, 01:26:03 PM »

Anyone here a member of State Theatre (Easton, PA) club that lets you get tickets before the general public?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2016, 01:31:09 PM »

Is it probably quite likely that the meet and greet (at least in the UK) will just be like the 50th? Where you literally just stand behind them and have a photo taken? Will it even include Al or Blondie?

I am so tempted to get one of the VIP packages, but can't decide which. If they were much cheaper I'd go for the meet and greet without hesitation!

If I knew a photo was involved and Al and Blondie were included I'd go for the Meet and Greet package (UK).  I don't so i don't want to risk it.  I'm very fortunate to have met Brian 4 times (and would love to do so again) but it's a lot of money.  I'm also going to two shows and taking my wife and 7 year old to her first concert.
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »

The info on the Japan shows indicates that both Al and Blondie will be there...  don't know about other countries tho! 
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2016, 11:34:15 PM »

The info on the Japan shows indicates that both Al and Blondie will be there...  don't know about other countries tho! 

UK data shown here:

http://www.withguitars.com/brian-wilson-announces-2016-pet-sounds-50th-anniversary-world-tour-dates/

Indicates Al and Blondie also.

Sorry I can't link direct to the poster shown as am posting via my phone which can't pic up the pic's URL…

“We live in divisive times.”
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2016, 11:44:41 PM »

UK data shown here:

http://www.withguitars.com/brian-wilson-announces-2016-pet-sounds-50th-anniversary-world-tour-dates/

Sorry I can't link direct to the poster shown as am posting via my phone which can't pic up the pic's URL…

Yeah, we know Al and Blondie are at the shows. I think mabewa was replying to the question about photos at the meet-and-greets.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2016, 12:15:41 AM »

Regarding the meet and greet package, I've bought one for April 3 in Melbourne, but noticing there was no mention of a photo with the worldwide package as opposed the the U.S packages, I emailed the local promoter. They responded today by saying they'd been in touch with Brian's management about it and management has said it will depend on Brian on the given evening. So the photo opportunity may be hit and miss. 
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2016, 05:17:14 AM »

Regarding the meet and greet package, I've bought one for April 3 in Melbourne, but noticing there was no mention of a photo with the worldwide package as opposed the the U.S packages, I emailed the local promoter. They responded today by saying they'd been in touch with Brian's management about it and management has said it will depend on Brian on the given evening. So the photo opportunity may be hit and miss.  

Interesting that Brian has a say in the non-US packages, but they say a picture IS included in the US packages.

With no picture, what do you do at a meet & greet?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:04:17 AM by TV Forces » Logged
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: February 02, 2016, 07:26:27 AM »

Has there been any news of the supposed Los Angeles show?

BW's Facebook page recently said something like, "Don't worry, fans in Chicago, NY, and LA -- we'll be announcing dates soon"...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Bhw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 02, 2016, 10:05:02 AM »

I'm glad I scooped up tix for this show in addition to Tanglewood.   He can still sell tickets...

http://buffalo.com/2016/02/01/featured/brian-wilson-show-at-ub-sells-out-in-record-time/?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalyticsl
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:06:48 AM by Bhw » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2016, 11:49:27 AM »

UK data shown here:

Yeah, we know Al and Blondie are at the shows. I think mabewa was replying to the question about photos at the meet-and-greets.

Spot on Andrew!  I would love a picture with the three Beach Boys!
Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 02, 2016, 01:52:22 PM »

Interesting that Brian has a say in the non-US packages, but they say a picture IS included in the US packages.

Seems strange to me, but that's the explanation I got by his management through the promoter . I guess I'll wait and see
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2016, 11:04:47 PM »

Meet people and greet them? I'd imagine (given my experience of similar events but without paying for them) you'd get a chance to talk to Brian's band, and maybe Al and Blondie, and then Brian will come in, you'll get a chance to shake his hand and maybe get an autograph, maybe exchange a few words.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2016, 03:10:48 AM »

I'm not sure if this has been posted already, in which case I apologise, but another date has been added to the London Palladium. It's half sold out already by the looks of it, so if you want to get a ticket, or an extra one, then check it out quickly!
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »

Sorry if asked already but anyone know if there is any chance of more European dates? 3 days between Nottingham & Barcelona, 4 between Barcelona & Israel.

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »

Meet people and greet them? I'd imagine (given my experience of similar events but without paying for them) you'd get a chance to talk to Brian's band, and maybe Al and Blondie, and then Brian will come in, you'll get a chance to shake his hand and maybe get an autograph, maybe exchange a few words.

This is not how the NPP tour VIP souncheck and meet & greets were conducted. It was much more formal, Brian and Al (and Blondie, if he was playing the show) would be at a table. You would be ushered into the room, they would sign the Love & Mercy sheet music plus one additional small item. You would then stand behind them for a quick snap with your camera/phone. Very little time for chitchat. The backing band was not involved in the meet & greet portion, just the soundcheck.

I bought the VIP meet & greet going on the assumption that this is how the Pet Sounds tour would most likely be conducted. If I recall, the Beck tour was similar. I question if they will allow one small item to be signed in addition to the GOK sheet music and poster. If not, I'm hopeful I could forgo having one of those items signed and instead get my Rolling Stone magazine cover signed. We shall see, I'm sure there will be plenty of anecdotes posted from both the international and US shows.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx