gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:59:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2016 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary Tour)  (Read 472268 times)
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2016, 03:45:27 AM »

Right, my head is spinning. I am so so happy yet poor. Nice of the tickets to go on sale on my payday  Grin

I've got a VIP meet and Greet Tier 1 for 24th in Manchester

also

Normal tickets for Nottingham on the 1st.

Happy to meet up with anyone for a pint pre these dates if anyone so fancies.

If anyone needs me I'll be eating beans on toast by candelight

I've got Tier 2 (no meet and greet, but soundcheck) for Manchester, and a standard ticket for Liverpool.
Generally before Manchester Apollo shows, people meet up for drinks at the Apsley Cottage pub, just by the stage door (the brewery is Wilson's, aptly enough). If anyone wants to know who I am to avoid me there, I'm the one in my icon who isn't MIke or Bruce.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2016, 04:03:38 AM »

Got my ticket! Smiley It was a bit of a nightmare getting it but very good seats so can't complain! Now I am massively umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether to get VIP tickets. From other posters' own experiences are these worth the £££££? The soundcheck is tempting and isn't 'too' dear but the meet and greet is always going to be wonderful but at £275? Eek.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2016, 04:19:49 AM »

Right, my head is spinning. I am so so happy yet poor. Nice of the tickets to go on sale on my payday  Grin

I've got a VIP meet and Greet Tier 1 for 24th in Manchester

also

Normal tickets for Nottingham on the 1st.

Happy to meet up with anyone for a pint pre these dates if anyone so fancies.

If anyone needs me I'll be eating beans on toast by candelight

I've got Tier 2 (no meet and greet, but soundcheck) for Manchester, and a standard ticket for Liverpool.
Generally before Manchester Apollo shows, people meet up for drinks at the Apsley Cottage pub, just by the stage door (the brewery is Wilson's, aptly enough). If anyone wants to know who I am to avoid me there, I'm the one in my icon who isn't MIke or Bruce.

That sounds like a plan Andrew. When I first joined the board, your kind PM convinced me to attend Mikes show and I had a wonderful evening. I'll be there and so will a pint with your name on it.

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2016, 04:53:57 AM »

Thanks Andrew and Fire Wind.  The site kicked into gear at the final moment so got a pair for the Friday.  Found 3 pairs had found their way into my basket in various locations once I finally got there.  Commotion indeed.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2016, 06:07:42 AM »

So tier 1 $500 packages (non U.S.) DON'T include a premium reserved seat in the first 5 rows and a photo with Brian. Am I understanding this correctly? I'm waiting to see if they add a Canadian date to the tour. Preferably Toronto.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2016, 06:21:32 AM »

So tier 1 $500 packages (non U.S.) DON'T include a premium reserved seat in the first 5 rows and a photo with Brian. Am I understanding this correctly? I'm waiting to see if they add a Canadian date to the tour. Preferably Toronto.

They don't include a premium reserved seat. They say nothing about photos one way or another, but I've never heard of a meet and greet where photos weren't at least a possibility.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2016, 06:31:25 AM »

I'm just a bit confused because on the U.S. package it states, "Individual photo with Brian", whereas the non U.S. package makes no mention of a photo, just a meet and greet.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:32:28 AM by BiNNS » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2016, 08:53:02 AM »

I'd like to take the opportunity to express my deep hatred for ticket-buying bots, resellers, Ticketmaster, and everything else related to major-venue ticket sales. For the first time in my life, I was really going to be on the ball about getting tickets. Most bands I like don't play major venues, or attract all that much attention, so it hasn't ever been an issue. I don't think I've ever bothered to even get tix on the first day, much less immediately, and I've very rarely even had issues getting the seats I'd want, much less any seats at all.

My goal for Pet Sounds in Minneapolis was 4 tickets, floor level, as good seats as I could get (but not VIP stuff, which I'm not into). Logged in at 10 a.m., ready to go, I selected four great seats ... only to be told they'd been purchased. Four more. Same. Four more. Same. Four more. Same. Probably half a dozen times. At this point--maybe 10:05--the seat chart showed almost no decent seats available. I tried the best available option, while simultaneously checking StubHub, where I found plenty of seats, mostly at about double or more the list price. Minneapolis is a good music town, but there is no way in the world that many people were that amped up to buy this tickets that quickly during a workday. (I worked from home specifically to be able to get tickets, actually.) No, it's bots and resellers. They suck. Price gouging, plain and simple.

I bought two tickets in the balcony--good seats in the balcony, at least--for about the price of the four, front, floor-level seats I had in mind. I'm glad I'll get the chance to see Pet Sounds, as I didn't on previous tours. But I'm also glad I don't have to bother with this kind of bullshit more often.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
KDS
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »

I'd like to take the opportunity to express my deep hatred for ticket-buying bots, resellers, Ticketmaster, and everything else related to major-venue ticket sales. For the first time in my life, I was really going to be on the ball about getting tickets. Most bands I like don't play major venues, or attract all that much attention, so it hasn't ever been an issue. I don't think I've ever bothered to even get tix on the first day, much less immediately, and I've very rarely even had issues getting the seats I'd want, much less any seats at all.

My goal for Pet Sounds in Minneapolis was 4 tickets, floor level, as good seats as I could get (but not VIP stuff, which I'm not into). Logged in at 10 a.m., ready to go, I selected four great seats ... only to be told they'd been purchased. Four more. Same. Four more. Same. Four more. Same. Probably half a dozen times. At this point--maybe 10:05--the seat chart showed almost no decent seats available. I tried the best available option, while simultaneously checking StubHub, where I found plenty of seats, mostly at about double or more the list price. Minneapolis is a good music town, but there is no way in the world that many people were that amped up to buy this tickets that quickly during a workday. (I worked from home specifically to be able to get tickets, actually.) No, it's bots and resellers. They suck. Price gouging, plain and simple.

I bought two tickets in the balcony--good seats in the balcony, at least--for about the price of the four, front, floor-level seats I had in mind. I'm glad I'll get the chance to see Pet Sounds, as I didn't on previous tours. But I'm also glad I don't have to bother with this kind of bullshit more often.

Captain,

They were talking about this very issue when I was listening to local sports talk radio the other day.  Major sports leagues such as the NFL and MLB, are actually sponsored by brokers......let's call a spade a spade, they're SCALPERS.   This is a troubling trend, as I'm sure these scalping websites are able to purchase tickets well before they go on sale to the public, then sell them at an inflated rate. 

So, the sports leagues, venues, etc still make their money.  The scalping sites make a huge profit.  And fans get to suffer. 
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2016, 09:40:11 AM »

If it's any consolation, I saw BW twice last year, and really enjoyed the perspective from the balcony. He has so many musicians on stage, it gives you a wonderful sense of everything that's going on. Yes, the resale market sucks.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »

If it's any consolation, I saw BW twice last year, and really enjoyed the perspective from the balcony. He has so many musicians on stage, it gives you a wonderful sense of everything that's going on. Yes, the resale market sucks.

Oh, I know the view and sound will still be great: I saw the TLOS show I think in that same venue from the balcony. Just was hoping--with this quite possibly my last BW show (since he's getting up there in years and doesn't stop here all the time even when he does tour)--to take a few more people and really make an experience of it. Oh well.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »

ABC news and NBC news both ran stories last night about how legal scalping has gotten out of hand, leaving many fans in the lurch, so the issue is now getting national attention.

Brian hasn't announced a show in my area yet, but I was able to score a couple of good tickets to see Alabama Shakes by calling my local venue's box office right as tix went on sale. I've generally had much better luck getting tickets by dealing with a live person than by using a computer. Your mileage may vary.

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2016, 11:03:55 AM »

I secured a front row seat for the Fox Theatre in Detroit. Last time I was stage left and right in front of Brian. This time I am stage right (though I tried for stage left), assuming a similar setup, I should be right in front of Al. Huge thanks to my wife, who rolled her eyes last night when I mentioned going to my third Brian Wilson show within an 18 month span.

How did everyone else do?

I got front row Detroit as well..  But by Brian.  Which excites me to no end!
I'm so nervous about meeting him, even though I know it will be awkward.

Congrats, I kept getting locked out of the stage left tickets I clicked on, so I tried stage right. I know my view of Brian will be obstructed during the show, but I'll make up for that in the soundcheck. If you set proper expectations for the meet & greet, you will do fine. Don't expect Brian to say much, if anything. I found his assistant (Paul?) a little rude (he would probably say protective)--he emphasized limited time, being efficient, following the rules, etc.

I know others might disagree, but I really feel you get your moneys worth. Would be happy to discuss my reasoning via PM with anyone.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2016, 11:11:34 AM »

Well, that was fun this morning.

Managed to get a fairly decent seat for Bristol Colston Hall, but I swear it took way less than an hour to sell out.
Also got a ticket for Cardiff St David's (nice small venue) BUT why not the Motorpoint Arena which Brian has usually always filled.

PS I am not any of the bods in Andrew Hickeys icon  LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2016, 11:12:31 AM »

Glasgow here I come!!!!!  Grin Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2016, 11:32:13 AM »

I will be attending the May 21st show in London with my father. He has never heard any BW material live. It's gonna be a blast. Maybe we run into some SmileySmiler or other there. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:53:21 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2016, 12:50:44 PM »

Thank you for the note about the March 4th onsale for MD show, KDS!  Rock!
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2016, 01:30:31 PM »

Very pleased that I purchased my ticket for the Basie in NJ during pre sale on Wednesday. I picked up 8th row center, and when I checked today, the show is close to selling out.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »

I will be attending the May 1st show in London with my father. He has never heard any BW material live. It's gonna be a blast. Maybe we run into some SmileySmiler or other there. Smiley

If you turn up on May first, you're in for quite a wait.  Smiley

However, if you mean the 21st, I'd be delighted to make your acquaintance.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »

Managed to get a fairly decent seat for Bristol Colston Hall, but I swear it took way less than an hour to sell out.
Also got a ticket for Cardiff St David's (nice small venue) BUT why not the Motorpoint Arena which Brian has usually always filled.

Given he's never played Wales before, I'd seriously doubt he's always sold out at the Motorpoint.

Ah, do I detect a tongue planted in that cheek ?  Grin

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »

Got tickets for Glasgow but a looooong way back. From the RCH's own website. Ticketmaster had none which I suspect just means they've either sold them to one of their own resale sites to sell at a mark-up or they're going to release them later once the sh*t seats have sold. Ticketmaster is one scummy outfit for sure. And that's based on my own foundless assumptions so it must be true.

“We live in divisive times.”
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2016, 09:31:31 PM »

One last round, after nearly a lifetime of devoted listening.

Second Row Center, VIP Tier 1, Paramount, Denver, October 4.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2016, 02:00:34 AM »

Got tickets for Glasgow but a looooong way back. From the RCH's own website. Ticketmaster had none which I suspect just means they've either sold them to one of their own resale sites to sell at a mark-up or they're going to release them later once the sh*t seats have sold. Ticketmaster is one scummy outfit for sure. And that's based on my own foundless assumptions so it must be true.

I agree John, it's a disgrace.  There should have been a pre-sale for genuine fans.  I' m going to the Glasgow and Edinburgh shows.  Tickets were practically sold out in the stalls 15 mins after going on sale.  The Edinburgh show I phoned and got Row M (best I could do at the time).  5 hours later from See Tickets I could get Row F.  If anyone wants a Row M ticket let me know!  Will be a good view of Brian and plenty leg room.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2016, 09:56:32 AM »

I will be attending the May 1st show in London with my father. He has never heard any BW material live. It's gonna be a blast. Maybe we run into some SmileySmiler or other there. Smiley

If you turn up on May first, you're in for quite a wait.  Smiley

However, if you mean the 21st, I'd be delighted to make your acquaintance.
Typo corrected!

I'll keep that in mind!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2016, 10:22:25 AM »

I'll be the dude who looks like a poor man's version of Jeff Bridges. See ya there.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx