gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:49:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opinions on LGBT rights  (Read 20754 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »

As for myself I now know why ol Billy C says he avoids the Sandbox like the plague. Better to just know that "hey these are people who I can discuss the bbs with" and not what everyone's stand is on political/social things. I got a quick peak at the abortion topic and that was enough.

I do appreciate it, Andrew, sticking up for me. Personally I think Ron raises a good point--if you're not lgbt then you don't think about this stuff or really care, while for someone who is it's obviously more of a big deal. I think there *is* something to be said on the whole "evil succeeds when good men do nothing" point of view--you may not care but it means a lot to others who could use support, etc. But I sympathize with those who don't think a beach boys forum is the proper place to soapbox for this. I resent the accusation that anyone has been doing just that, however. I don't think anyone has been self-righteously crusading for morality so much as just discussing the topic (which for what it's worth I agree shouldn't be on the main board anymore.) The only thing I can think of is myself saying that to go around calling people f@ggot is wrong and Andrew just gently bringing up that the word tranny is hurtful to some people. Again if that's grandstanding or being a SJW to some of you I suggest checking out Tumblr or certain sections of Facebook. I don't see what's so deplorable about raising awareness that certain terms or behavior are upsetting when it comes up as long as its done in an informative rather than holier-than-thou way.

That said, I think maybe this thread ought to be locked or moved before it goes in an ugly/off-topic direction. Like I've been saying, the question has been answered as substantially as possible. When a topic devolves into replacing names in song titles its lost all reason to exist, not because that's offensive but because it's fucking stupid.

100% agreed. I'm locking this thread now.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx