gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:51:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's make [insert song] number one!  (Read 5622 times)
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »

One hundred streams count as one sale for chart purposes. So this "all listen to it on Spotify" thing would require 21,400,000 listens in a week.
Assume all 3279 accounts that have ever registered here all took part -- a ludicrous assumption, since many are throwaway troll accounts, people who've died, people who've stopped visiting the board and wouldn't know about this -- that would be 6526.4 listens each, in a week.
Assume everyone has a Spotify Premium account, so no limits on their listening, and no interruptions from commercials. Further assume that everyone's Spotify Premium account is registered with a UK card, and that anyone listening outside the UK is doing so through a VPN. Assume we choose the shortest Beach Boys song ever -- Meant For You, at forty seconds. That would be 1.5 listens each in a minute. Assume everyone listened constantly for the sixteen hours a day they were awake -- that they took the time off work, didn't have breaks for anything, and so on.
Then it would be *just about* possible to do it. It'd take 4.5 days of everyone who's ever been on the board listening to Meant For You on a loop through Spotify and a VPN, for every waking minute, but it could be done.
Try it with No Pier Pressure -- take the shortest track on that album, This Beautiful Day, at 84 seconds, and it would require more than nine days of sixteen hour days of listening by everyone on the board. Even if everyone committed to listening to it twenty-four hours a day, just that one track (and again, all listening through paid-for Spotify or similar, all foreigners listening through a VPN) and it'd take six days.
OK, you've convinced me it's possible. Let's get started!  Grin

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »

I think it could be possible to get Little Saint Nick to #1 on the Holiday 100 chart.  Or at least top 10.  It's currently #41
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 02:51:23 PM »

Maybe if Lady Ga Ga's name was on the product. It would have a chance. Smiley

Lady Ga Ga seems to be moving away from being a pop tart.  

The big name now seems to be Adele.  
You are calling them "pop tarts?"

Female pop stars who tart themselves up to compensate for lack of substance.

I'm not calling Adele a pop tart.  Her music is not my cup of tea, but she's got a very good voice.    

When I was on the PCT I often had Pop Tarts for breakfast. Not the same though… wash your mind out.

As for getting a BBs track to number 1, the choice if something off NPP is a little over ambitious given that album is now several months old and off the radar for the general population.

It's need to be something currently out there, and perhaps with a proven track record in popularity --what about the new Party! album? Hey, what about Barbara Ann? Everyone loves that track, we'd have the world on our side!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:53:27 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
KDS
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »

Maybe if Lady Ga Ga's name was on the product. It would have a chance. Smiley

Lady Ga Ga seems to be moving away from being a pop tart.  

The big name now seems to be Adele.  
You are calling them "pop tarts?"

Female pop stars who tart themselves up to compensate for lack of substance.

I'm not calling Adele a pop tart.  Her music is not my cup of tea, but she's got a very good voice.    

When I was on the PCT I often had Pop Tarts for breakfast. Not the same though… wash your mind out.

As for getting a BBs track to number 1, the choice if something off NPP is a little over ambitious given that album is now several months old and off the radar for the general population.

It's need to be something currently out there, and perhaps with a proven track record in popularity --what about the new Party! album? Hey, what about Barbara Ann? Everyone loves that track, we'd have the world on our side!

There's a couple of Pop Tarts I wouldn't mind having for breakfast.   Especially cinnamon sugar.  Smiley

But, much like the breakfast pastry, over exposure to the pop tart of the musical variety is probably bad for your health. 

Back to the topic at hand, maybe we can get Brian to sing a song in a Geico ad.  It gave Europe a #1 song in some chart.  Maybe have him sing I Get Around while driving a car or something.  "When you're Brian Wilson, you get around.  It's what you do." 
AdultContemporaryChild
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 03:22:09 PM »

This thread has inspired me to post "this is real music, not like Justin Bei Bar and Lady Ga Ga!" on every BB-related youtube video.  Got to fight the real fight.  If No Pier Pressure hasn't gone triple platinum and Joe Thomas isn't next in line for Dictator Of Earth by xmas day, then I'm calling shenanigans.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »

Honestly, I don't think Lady Ga Ga's music is that bad.  It's her nonsense away from the music (like the meat suit) that gives her the bad reputation imo.
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2015, 03:51:49 PM »

This thread has inspired me to post "this is real music, not like Justin Bei Bar and Lady Ga Ga!" on every BB-related youtube video.  Got to fight the real fight.  If No Pier Pressure hasn't gone triple platinum and Joe Thomas isn't next in line for Dictator Of Earth by xmas day, then I'm calling shenanigans.

I'm calling "PaulTMA".  You were better on the radio.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 04:10:27 PM »

Agreed! Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 05:31:33 PM »

Honestly, I don't think Lady Ga Ga's music is that bad.  It's her nonsense away from the music (like the meat suit) that gives her the bad reputation imo.
I agree with this. I don't think she has a great voice, but her sound can be creative and interesting.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2015, 12:51:57 AM »

I agree with this. I don't think she has a great voice, but her sound can be creative and interesting.

I'm with you both here. It's not to my taste, and she does some outrageous stuff, but I think she's a creative gal, a conscious parody a lot of the time, and having a lot of fun the rest!

“We live in divisive times.”
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »

Looks like Darlin' is our best shot right now to break into the hot 100, even if it's a very small chance.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2015, 05:26:15 PM »

Looks like Darlin' is our best shot right now to break into the hot 100, even if it's a very small chance.
Yes Brian's people should push this song during this opportunity ..They had a chance with Love and Mercy during the Walking Dead episode but  the female version was featured more to the masses instead of Brian's version, the same with the movie they could have used that time to reissue it as a single and push it to support the movie since the movie has the same name..I think they should promote Darlin' with a brand new music video..
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2015, 05:32:41 PM »

Yes Brian's people should push this song during this opportunity ..They had a chance with Love and Mercy during the Walking Dead episode but  the female version was featured more to the masses instead of Brian's version, the same with the movie they could have used that time to reissue it as a single and push it to support the movie since the movie has the same name..I think they should promote Darlin' with a brand new music video..

Yeah, it's currently #141 on Amazon and #181 on iTunes.  Probably being streamed a lot as well.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:34:03 PM by The Cincinnati Kid » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx