gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 11:12:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love and Mercy Sequel  (Read 6337 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2015, 06:32:04 PM »

In 2014 we had a movie of Brian Wilson called Love and Mercy.  Now what Would the Sequel be ?  I am thinking that they do a movie about Dennis Wilson and the title would be Pacific Ocean Blue the Soul Surfer.  What do you guys think?

I had a fast Life
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:00:54 PM »

Sequels need to amp up everything. Love & Mercy 2: The Reckoning would need explosions, a car chase possibly re-enacting the 70s Apple Juice Jug Incident, and John Cusack saying he's "too old for this sh*t." Also they should expand their demographic appeal by throwing in a wisecrackin' kid and some giant robots that punch each other really, really hard.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:02:31 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 08:08:38 PM »

I would like  a prequel, based around Southern California, Hawthorne mostly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:16:11 PM by 18thofMay » Logged

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 09:35:14 PM »

Sequels need to amp up everything. Love & Mercy 2: The Reckoning would need explosions, a car chase possibly re-enacting the 70s Apple Juice Jug Incident, and John Cusack saying he's "too old for this sh*t." Also they should expand their demographic appeal by throwing in a wisecrackin' kid and some giant robots that punch each other really, really hard.

LOL

Love & Mercy 2: Electric Boogaloo.   Features Miley Cyrus as the voice of Missy, a cartoon frog that only 1995 Brian can see and hear. Not to be outdone, 1995 Mike is guided by a cartoon rabbit named Nibbles (voice of Hugh Jackman).

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 09:42:01 PM »

LOL

Love & Mercy 2: Electric Boogaloo.   Features Miley Cyrus as the voice of Missy, a cartoon frog that only 1995 Brian can see and hear. Not to be outdone, 1995 Mike is guided by a cartoon rabbit named Nibbles (voice of Hugh Jackman).
Who framed Mike Love?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 09:50:52 PM »

LOL

Love & Mercy 2: Electric Boogaloo.   Features Miley Cyrus as the voice of Missy, a cartoon frog that only 1995 Brian can see and hear. Not to be outdone, 1995 Mike is guided by a cartoon rabbit named Nibbles (voice of Hugh Jackman).
Oh my God, this sounds like the greatest movie ever made!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:56:53 PM by Ognir Rrats » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 10:07:13 PM »

Times like this, I *really* wish I was good at video editing LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
KDS
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 05:17:22 AM »

Love and Mercy 2: Love and Mercy-er

The Surf Nazis are back, and they've kidnapped Melinda.  She's in Dr. Landy's secret hideout where she's forced to listen to Summer in Paradise on loop. 

Brian Wilson channels his inner John McClane and storms into the place, taking out Surf Nazis with his machine gun as "Mrs. O Leary's Cow" is playing. 

Then, he throws Landy off the top of a high rise, saying "Love and NO Mercy."
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 05:31:01 AM »

LOL Epic lulz right there. That's a movie I'd see

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
KDS
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 05:33:26 AM »

LOL Epic lulz right there. That's a movie I'd see

And when Brian bursts into Landy's hideout, he yells, "BRIAN'S BAAAAAAA-AAAACCCKK!!!!" 
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 05:55:53 AM »

Funny stuff, all.

A sequel that could actually be really interesting (not that I'd be expecting one) would be following a similar two-decade/two-story structure, with Brian "in bed" in the '70s paired with Brian returning to the road in the '90s. Retains the structure of the first, obviously, but also has stories that complement each other: relative inaction and renewed action, a low point and a high point. Maybe we can see "Shortenin' Bread" with Iggy and Alice Cooper, or the Elvis karate chop.  Grin

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »

Al Jardine receives an email from Melinda informing Brian’s falsetto has gone missing and it’s up to Al to save the day.

Al, enlisting the help of Carol Kaye, decides to track down the old console from Western Studios, which has stored the latent energy of Brian’s vocal range - which if released back to Brian will restore his range.

Al and Carol quickly find Phil Spector has beaten them to it, and taken the console back in time to late 1941 to help Spector change the course of musical history.

Al and Carol plunge into the time stream to stop Spector’s plan.  Al inadvertently appears in his parent’s home town and his mother falls in love with him, which jeopardises Al’s future existence.  Just as Al is about to fade into oblivion, Carol kicks off the riff to “Then I Kissed Her” - Al’s singing brings his parents together and restores his timeline, and also moves Spector to realise the futility of his endeavours.

Spector then releases the Western console to Al & Carol on the agreement they leave him to quietly live out his days in the past.

Back in modern day Redondo Beach, LA, Brian via speakerphone, thanks Al & Carol for their efforts and invites Al to join him and Blondie Chaplin to tour Pet Sounds around the world.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »

Love and Murry: "The Life, Love and Genius of Murry Wilson Too You Know"

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »

LOL

Who framed Mike Love?

OSD and SMiLEBrian.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »

LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 11:03:00 PM »

Murray Wilson performed by Paul Heymen:
 "Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Murray Wilson! And I am the one, behind the ones in 20/20 and Sun....rays."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7EcaXUkpE

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 11:11:03 PM »

Eric Rowan as Mike Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT7QphFe6K8

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »

And Hornswoggle as Al Jardine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuicnDdnppY

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 11:35:53 PM »

John Cusack returns as Brian Wilson and finds a secret door behind an old filing cabinet at home. When entered, he discovers it's actually a portal directly into the mind of Mike Love. The visit through the portal lasts fifteen minutes after which Brian is spit into a ditch next to the New Jersey Turnpike.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 11:52:57 PM »

John Cusack returns as Brian Wilson and finds a secret door behind an old filing cabinet at home. When entered, he discovers it's actually a portal directly into the mind of Mike Love. The visit through the portal lasts fifteen minutes after which Brian is spit into a ditch next to the New Jersey Turnpike.

LOL What would be in his mind? ...Positivity...meditation....women....Mick Jagger dance....fun fun fun....

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 11:57:17 PM »

LOL What would be in his mind? ...Positivity...meditation....women....Mick Jagger dance....fun fun fun....

All of the above plus cutlery.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2015, 12:22:31 AM »

Murray Wilson performed by Paul Heymen:
 "Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Murray Wilson! And I am the one, behind the ones in 20/20 and Sun....rays."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7EcaXUkpE

LOL

Would Vince McMahon be the perfect Landy?

Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »

yes, Vince or maybe Eric Bischoff. or even Paul Bearer  

geez, Gene Landy was like a real-life WWF heel manager  LOL
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:15:56 AM by Bittersweet-Sanity » Logged

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2015, 05:12:18 AM »

Vince Russo gets to write the screenplay.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2015, 05:13:27 AM »

In 2014 we had a movie of Brian Wilson called Love and Mercy.  Now what Would the Sequel be ?  I am thinking that they do a movie about Dennis Wilson and the title would be Pacific Ocean Blue the Soul Surfer.  What do you guys think?

Isn't a Dennis biopic already in the works though?
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx