-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:04:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Indecisive Shopping
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Indecisive Shopping  (Read 2056 times)
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »

Hi all,

Inspired by the Thanksgiving Shopping thread I have decided to start another shopping thread.  I would like to talk about indecisive shopping.  We all have moments of not being able to decide.  Yet there are those who are constantly indecisive.  I am going to explain about one area of not being able to decide.  I am sure that we have all gone shopping with someone who tried something on liked it and couldn't simply say she or he would like to buy it.  What is going on here is called an indecisive shopper.  More often than not that person is being this way because they want attention.  They like it when someone keeps asking them are you going to purchase that item.  At times that person is trying to annoy the others they are with.  That happens more often than not as well.  I  know that some people have to consider a budget they cannot go over.  Or they cannot by that sweater, CD or shoes because they have to make sure they have food in the table.  Also, they think that they are being polite by saying no when someone offers to buy the blouse for them.  Yet most people know they are being indecisive attention seekers.  IMHO they should simply buy the item they like and go to the next store.  There are people who don't like those who are indecisive. 
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:02:39 PM »

I don't think everyone is like that.  I'm very indecisive when it comes to clothes.  There's so much out there, it's hard to decide what I really like.  Online shopping is even worse since I can't try on what I'm looking at, but now stores have less variety because of online shopping, so that makes it even worse for me.  I'll end up spending a whole day going from store to store and still might not get anything. (like I did recently looking for a winter coat and still haven't bought one lol)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 01:09:00 AM »

I am going to explain about one area of not being able to decide.  I am sure that we have all gone shopping with someone who tried something on liked it and couldn't simply say she or he would like to buy it.  What is going on here is called an indecisive shopper.  More often than not that person is being this way because they want attention.  They like it when someone keeps asking them are you going to purchase that item. 
I don't think I agree with this theory but let's say I do. So, okay, smb went shopping with their friend & that smb. can't decide which shirt to buy. S/he does it to get attention. What about people who like to go alone? F.ex., I like to go alone as a rule. Friends usually would force their own taste in clothes. As if they're gonna wear your newly bought clothes. Stupid tradition. Anyway, whose attention might I get in this instance if I go alone? And I sure as hell don't like when people keep asking me would I buy this item. I say usually, "I can't decide. I'll look around for other similar models". It is my right as a customer & if I like both & can't buy just 1 thing but at the same time, I'm being greedy, then the indecisiveness must be understood by shop assistants. I give my own money, not from their pockets, so please, bear with me, okay? It's not professinal to show annoyance & hurry the customers up to pick fast. It may be simple to *you* to just "buy the item they like and go to the next store". For some it's not.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: