gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 05:19:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chances of a Beachago tour?  (Read 2165 times)
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:02:17 AM »

I just noticed that Chicago and Earth Wind Fire will be playing a series of arena shows in February, March and April 2016. Without having the In Concert book handy, I believe the last joint tour was November 1997. Which got me thinking, what are the chances of another Beachago tour?
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »

Slim
KDS
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:47:21 AM »

I just noticed that Chicago and Earth Wind Fire will be playing a series of arena shows in February, March and April 2016. Without having the In Concert book handy, I believe the last joint tour was November 1997. Which got me thinking, what are the chances of another Beachago tour?

Without Carl Wilson, I would think it would be extremely surprising to see another Beachago tour. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:04:09 PM »

What would be the point? The best singers in each group are not with them anymore. If Jardine and Cetera were to rejoin their respective groups, maybe.
kiwi surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 06:22:00 PM »

Not a tour per se but I saw both bands on the same bill in 2004 and witnessed quite a bit of good natured interaction between band and principal members.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:22:29 PM by kiwi surfer » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 08:40:11 AM »

How about a Brian-ago tour? Smiley

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
drummer083
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 10:57:00 AM »

Chicago should be put out to pasture. I saw them and EW&F at the Borgata a few years ago, and it was the worst performance I've ever seen or heard by a major band, and that includes the Beach Boys Queen Mary show from '81. The guy that covers the Peter Cetera parts was by far the worst offender, and to make matter worse, they played way too many of their horrid '80s songs and not enough of the stuff people were there to see. Please, for God's sake, under no circumstances should this be allowed to happen.
   As a side note, EW&F were burning on all cylinders and were note perfect. The contrast between the performances of the two bands was startling.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »

Chicago should be put out to pasture. I saw them and EW&F at the Borgata a few years ago, and it was the worst performance I've ever seen or heard by a major band, and that includes the Beach Boys Queen Mary show from '81. The guy that covers the Peter Cetera parts was by far the worst offender, and to make matter worse, they played way too many of their horrid '80s songs and not enough of the stuff people were there to see. Please, for God's sake, under no circumstances should this be allowed to happen.
   As a side note, EW&F were burning on all cylinders and were note perfect. The contrast between the performances of the two bands was startling.
Somehow, I am not surprised. Never was impressed with Jason Scheff as a singer. I imagine EW&F still has their principal singers and players.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 02:00:42 PM »

Wow, worse than Beach Boys Queen Mary show.....now that's a statement! That was easi
ly the worst performance I've ever seen by them, or any major band for that matter, so Chicago had to be REALLY BAD!
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 06:12:16 AM »

Saw Chicago a couple of times in the last few years.  Could not disagree more.  I thought they rocked the whole show.  Lamm is still a tremendous vocalist and while Jason Scheff is not Peter Cetera or Terry Kath, I don't think he is bad.  As a group, I think they are tremendous, still.  Wink
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx