gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:45:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: History of Rock by Uncut Magazine  (Read 930 times)
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »

If you haven't been buying these-they have put out one per month focusing on one year each.  First issue-four months ago-was on 1964 and they composed of vintage articles from Melody Maker and NME of the time.  Beach Boys articles are featured in each issue.  I had all the old articles-as I acquired them to write my book in past years-but cool to see them in one place-with new photos accompanying them!!  By the way-if I may toot my own horn-I am happy to note that the new 1968 issue has photos with more accurately dated photos.  I have corresponded with Getty Archives over the years and recently sent them a lot of date corrections for their photos and as these mags used them-I am happy to see that the photos have corrected dates.  On this very board we discovered that the photos on Getty of Brian, Al and wives at an event in 1968 were taken at the premiere of Yellow Submarine in Westwood on Nov 14 1968 and I informed Getty of this and now the photo with the caption based on my info is used in the new mag.  This may sound trivial-but over the years I have gotten pretty tired of seeing photos of the BBs from 1969 labeled 1964 or 1976 photos labeled 1967, etc.  Getty admitted to me years ago-that almost all the photos they acquired over the years were undated and they had no clue what years they were from-so I have endeavored to help them (though if you go to the site-you'll still see some inaccuracies on some of them-there are just too many images to correct em all for them)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx