gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:07:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's band  (Read 105638 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2015, 01:20:51 AM »

I'm very torn on this...on one hand, I think there's some hashing out that really needs to be done. Okay, that's an understatement. On the other hand though...I'm not so sure this shouldn't be in the Sandbox, since this is not a band issue at all.

Course, the LAST time I moved a thread like this to the sandbox, people bitched. I locked it because of the nastiness, people bitched. While I left it open, people bitched. Can't win for losing.

Oh, and for the record, it was NOT me who moved rab's farewell post to the Sandbox. Wasn't GF either.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:24:34 AM by ♩♬ Fear 2 Stop ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2015, 01:25:37 AM »

Yeah, Andrew wasn't targeting me. Only one who seemed to be was this beachball dude.

Thank you Billy.

And where were you to defend a friend who was being attacked and lied about? Silent.

Respectfully, this isn't your conversation.

And that conversation was raging for a week before I or Billy even knew about it, or what was being said, and you said nothing to defend your friend against the false charges because the person making them was making your own points and playing your hand for you. That's real honor, there. No, hold the sarcasm, it's selfishness and disrespect.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2015, 01:27:45 AM »

And if this eyesore of a thread were to disappear entirely? It is an option. Just my two eurocents...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »

Oh, and for the record, it was NOT me who moved rab's farewell post to the Sandbox. Wasn't GF either.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2015, 01:28:44 AM »

Beach Boys Britain, Adam, I posted the direct link to the conversation so you can click on it and read it.

Some of the loudest posters calling for respectful behavior and more respectful personal interaction on this forum all this week were at the same time ripping people apart on another Beach Boys forum, and how is that acceptable?

So the rules of Smiley Smile now extend to all other forums ? There's this thing called "freedom of speech".

How about the rules of practicing what you - specifically - preach?

Have I gone around throwing dirt on your name and reputation to multiple boards and to who knows how many people read what you've been writing? What you've done for the past weeks here on Smiley and as I found out tonight elsewhere on BB's boards has been to throw sh*t on my name and reputation, and I won't stand for it any longer. I get a chance to defend myself.

Why is this being done? Because two posters you've been told to ignore by multiple mods on multiple occasions have not been banned despite your requests to have them banned which have been coming in since 2014. Then it was blame all the ills of this forum on two posters. Then it was blame the moderating, and in particular one moderator who you put the target on his back and assign the blame, and have others saying it too. Only it won't stick. Facts can be tricky that way, as you know.

Now it's taking your charges to other forums and spreading all that personal stuff against me to other places where I'm not even involved, but which other fans read.

Are you proud of that?

I'd feel less than proud if you post here about respecting other posters and posting respectfully, while at the same time you say that here, you're posting to a public forum the kind of bile and outright garbage that is seen in that thread from the Britain board.

It is a fine idea, and one I, and the vast majority of posters here, would gladly put into practise, but the problem is, it only works if people are not merely respectful of each other, but also of the board in general.

How in the hell can you write with any conscience when you were trying to discredit and basically slander me on another BB's forum, and at this point who knows where else and to who else you've been saying this stuff.

Freedom of speech, sure thing. Your behavior suggests that only applies when you approve of what's being said. Some way to run an open forum, isn't it?

And that's it. People don't know what exactly they want, and look for scapegoats to blame and try to take down when they don't get their way. In the process, personal attacks and lies are acceptable toward that goal of getting exactly what you want. That's what a board should be?

At least be honest, Andrew, if being respectful isn't going to happen.

I respect those who respect me, the other posters, and the board in general... which is the vast majority of folk here. There's a lot of good, good folk here who are growing increasingly concerned about this board, but those concerns are not being addressed. On getting the notification that this thread had been unlocked, I was hoping it was to address the problem. Disappointingly, not the case.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2015, 01:34:05 AM »

And if this eyesore of a thread were to disappear entirely? It is an option. Just my two eurocents...

And if someone were lying and spreading garbage about you going on several weeks, John, you'd just shrug it off and say "oh, that's ok, no worries?" How would you moderate it? Or deal with it in general?

If we're going to make post after post about being more respectful to others, then start doing it. If someone is going to make these posts here while at the same time trying to tear people down on other forums, then those people being torn down deserve a say as well. And it's been going on too long around here that certain people are doing it and getting away with it, while lecturing others on doing the respectful thing. Want to fix the board? That's a start.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2015, 01:35:11 AM »

Yeah, Andrew wasn't targeting me. Only one who seemed to be was this beachball dude.

Thank you Billy.

And where were you to defend a friend who was being attacked and lied about? Silent.

Respectfully, this isn't your conversation.

And that conversation was raging for a week before I or Billy even knew about it, or what was being said, and you said nothing to defend your friend against the false charges because the person making them was making your own points and playing your hand for you. That's real honor, there. No, hold the sarcasm, it's selfishness and disrespect.

I'm talking about the brief conversation between Billy & myself just now, as quoted above. Nothing to do with the thread on another board. You're arguing the wrong point, again.

I sense my presence here, on this thread, isn't going to help the cause at all, not to mention being tedious for the others, so if you want to discuss any further topics raised here, please PM me.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: December 06, 2015, 01:35:50 AM »

Here's the thing, and I'll try to make it as quick as possible because I should've been in bed a couple of hours ago...after everything is said that needs to be said in this thread (why the f*** did that have to rhyme LOL )...can we PLEASE go back to talking about the band? Let everyone say what they need to say, get everything off their chests...and then never again go crazy on each other (regardless of who started what)? Pipe dream, I know, but one that holds a lot of appeal to me.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 06, 2015, 01:39:12 AM »

And if someone were lying and spreading garbage about you going on several weeks, John, you'd just shrug it off and say "oh, that's ok, no worries?" How would you moderate it? Or deal with it in general?

If we're going to make post after post about being more respectful to others, then start doing it. If someone is going to make these posts here while at the same time trying to tear people down on other forums, then those people being torn down deserve a say as well. And it's been going on too long around here that certain people are doing it and getting away with it, while lecturing others on doing the respectful thing. Want to fix the board? That's a start.

Well said GF! The hypocrisy is pretty incredible!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:46:48 AM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: December 06, 2015, 01:45:32 AM »

If people like Andrew and whoever beachball2 might be are going to do as cowardly and as gutless a thing as talk that much sh*t about me on another forum, base the claims on either lies or misunderstandings, and basically try to attack me and discredit me (and my name) in a position where I cannot defend myself, I;m going to take it to an open forum and demand not only the chance to defend myself, but also a chance to have it all in the open.

No, I will NOT take it to PM's, Andrew, because this has to be in the open. YOU chose to talk sh*t about me on another fan forum, YOU chose to go on this crusade of yours that apparently included telling a number of people how lousy I was and using lies or misinformation to do it, YOU chose to conveniently forget or just not tell everyone reading here that you've been that third ban away from a lifetime ban for at least a year and have gotten a free pass on that point to allow you to still be here...

And you blame ME for the ills of the board? No. Won't work that way. If you wanted to call me out, you chose to do it in the most cowardly way, thinking I either wouldn't find out or wouldn't know it was happening. But I did find out, and now I get a chance to set the record straight. A fair trade off.

This will not get hidden in PM's. You went after me on another board with that kind of talk, I'll answer the charges in the open.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 06, 2015, 01:51:39 AM »

So what, you think you are above criticism as a mod?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: December 06, 2015, 01:53:39 AM »

Here's the thing, and I'll try to make it as quick as possible because I should've been in bed a couple of hours ago...after everything is said that needs to be said in this thread (why the f*** did that have to rhyme LOL )...can we PLEASE go back to talking about the band? Let everyone say what they need to say, get everything off their chests...and then never again go crazy on each other (regardless of who started what)? Pipe dream, I know, but one that holds a lot of appeal to me.

I'm up for that, as is any reasonable poster here. But taking your offer of "say it now, then bury it", concisely:

- there's a problem with disruptive posts, and disruptive posters which needs to be addressed...

- there's a need for an ignore button but I'm told that's technically impossible, so The Hickey Script is your friend...

- there's a need for firm - not draconian - moderation, across the board...

- the board rules might be updated, refined and added to.

I'm done.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: December 06, 2015, 02:01:34 AM »

Been up for two days, and gonna head to bed, but real quick

the board rules might be updated, refined and added to.

That is already something being discussed. I've been thinking about that for a long time.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: December 06, 2015, 02:03:30 AM »

If I thought I was, then I'd be banning people left and right for disagreeing with me or challenging as some in this thread and now on other forums try to suggest I do or have done to people. Which is a complete lie, and for which there is no evidence or proof to back up such a claim.

So: Criticism is fine. But I won't stand for liars. I won't have cowards trash me on other forums without a chance to respond. I also won't stand for people making claims about what the mods did or didn't do that are anything but the truth.

I wasn't the one going around talking sh*t about someone here on other public Beach Boys forums because they didn't do what I asked them to do. That's for Andrew and whoever beachball2 might be to answer for, because they chose to do that. I did not. While all that was going on this week, I didn't post at all.

Nice people, right? Is that what the consensus wants?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2015, 02:04:33 AM »

So...

How about dem Beach Boys, huh ?

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2015, 02:06:09 AM »

I'm up for that, as is any reasonable poster here. But taking your offer of "say it now, then bury it", concisely:

- there's a problem with disruptive posts, and disruptive posters which needs to be addressed...

- there's a need for an ignore button but I'm told that's technically impossible, so The Hickey Script is your friend...

- there's a need for firm - not draconian - moderation, across the board...

- the board rules might be updated, refined and added to.

I'm done.
I can only picture you gazing at yourself in a mirror as you wrote this.....

Disruptive posters as in those who don't agree with your opinions and conduct.

Firm Moderation as in Mods who let you do whatever you want.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2015, 02:11:26 AM »

So...

How about dem Beach Boys, huh ?

You made your choice, Andrew. Maybe you shouldn't have tried to trash me on the Britain board and wherever else you were talking that kind of garbage about me (and to whoever you were talking it to) and actually talked about the Beach Boys instead.

If you're not really in this to talk about the Beach Boys and bring everyone together and eliminate the divisions between the fan bases, then you should consider giving what you've been lecturing others about a try for yourself. It's a better way.

Start with respecting other posters and board members, and other fans in general. That's a great start.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2015, 02:11:56 AM »

If I thought I was, then I'd be banning people left and right for disagreeing with me or challenging as some in this thread and now on other forums try to suggest I do or have done to people. Which is a complete lie, and for which there is no evidence or proof to back up such a claim.

So: Criticism is fine. But I won't stand for liars. I won't have cowards trash me on other forums without a chance to respond. I also won't stand for people making claims about what the mods did or didn't do that are anything but the truth.

I wasn't the one going around talking sh*t about someone here on other public Beach Boys forums because they didn't do what I asked them to do. That's for Andrew and whoever beachball2 might be to answer for, because they chose to do that. I did not. While all that was going on this week, I didn't post at all.

What lies has Andrew said about you? He's openly criticised you for taking no stand on OSD's constant threadcrapping.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: December 06, 2015, 02:12:58 AM »

What lies has Andrew said about you? He's openly criticised you for taking no stand on OSD's constant threadcrapping.

Ask him.

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 06, 2015, 02:39:30 AM »

So what's the problem, then? Use it, problem solved.

I am using it. No more  w00t! w00t!, #notthebeachboys, myKe luVe sucks and daft accusations of AGD being Mike's online PR manager for this guy.

Does it work if they are quoted by other people? That might be a good incentive not to quote those guys, then.

Not at present, but that'll be in v0.2. Don't expect that for another couple of weeks though -- I'm planning on doing an update when I'm at my in-laws' for Xmas and need to escape.

And just to clarify, changing user name won't affect it, because it works by user ID, not user name. And while as it's set up by default it only blocks those two users, because they're the two I saw more complaints about than any other, it's easy to alter it to block whoever you want (I give instructions, using myself as an example for anyone who wants to block me, in the blog post linked in my sig).

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 06, 2015, 04:53:17 AM »

Like a family...getting this pecking order in order is a tough thing.  Who gets that alpha wolf spot seems to be part of the problems. I enjoy reading all the posts.  Thanks to all that have shared info .  If we happen to cross paths, a handshake or hug would hopefully be on the plate.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: December 06, 2015, 04:56:52 AM »

Or we can have a nice "Male Ego" singsong!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 06, 2015, 05:07:54 AM »

Hell, some of us routinely get much worse treatment in your average Mike interview or C50 discussion than anything written or quoted in this thread.

How about we all try to be more respectful of each other.  (Tiny Tim enters stage left) "God bless us, every one!"

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 06, 2015, 05:21:00 AM »

Andrew Doe is cancerous.

I have received some of his manipulative PMs, trying to push me in the direction he wants. I've talked to others who have received similar messages, as well as those who have recurved threatening messages.

All of this is him being manipulative and horrible, raking GFs name across the coals because he seems to be one of the only people here who understands the extent of AGDs bullying. Anyone who's been paying attention should be able to see this.

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: December 06, 2015, 05:29:04 AM »

Andrew Doe is cancerous.

I have received some of his manipulative PMs, trying to push me in the direction he wants. I've talked to others who have received similar messages, as well as those who have recurved threatening messages.

All of this is him being manipulative and horrible, raking GFs name across the coals because he seems to be one of the only people here who understands the extent of AGDs bullying. Anyone who's been paying attention should be able to see this.

I've gotten PM s from him.

And they were very informative and helpful, answering questions I'd had on this board. No manipulation to speak of. Guess I'm not cool enough to be in his underhanded band of goons supposedly vying for a takeover. What a shame.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx