gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:34:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's band  (Read 105779 times)
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2015, 01:23:15 AM »

OSD was (bafflingly) granted a second chance and has abused it.

Smile Brian owes it to whoever paid for his education to know better.

Ban them.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2015, 01:39:41 AM »

It's obvious the Andy posse is all joining in to bash SB & OSD. Fact is, they weren't the ones to start personally insulting other board members. Micha was. Then Mike's  Beard joined in,  followed by andy and the RBB. And your surprised that they fight back when attacked?

You guys all get your panties in a twist when your idol is slighted. I understand your unhappiness with it but personal attacks make you no better.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »

They all contribute, or have, to the board. OSD and his minon do not, and people have had enough.

As for insulting other board members... they do that with every post.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:55:47 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2015, 02:19:11 AM »

I still check here every day, because it's the first place to get any kind of news, but I feel disgusted every time I do.

Me too.

And while OSD and SmileBrian are far from the *only* reason for that, they're by far the most obvious.

I agree.

I have never, *NEVER*, seen a single post from OSD that wasn't either abusing other board members or posting childish insults about Mike and Bruce. Not once, and I've been reading this board for about six years.

I can't remember any sensible post from OSD either.

Mike's done *plenty* worth criticising

Undoubtedly!

but I can't for the life of me imagine what could make someone be so completely consumed with hatred

Maybe that's all they have in life?

for someone whose greatest "crime" is singing a bit nasal

This is the only thing in your post I disagree with - causing Desper to resign as engineer is the worst that I know about for sure.

No-one really cares if I post here or not.

I appreciate every sensible person to post here. Love

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2015, 02:38:43 AM »

You're all overreacting.
This is like watching two kids have the "Don't touch me!" <<tiny poke>> "Mom! She touched me!!!" fight.
The poker is wrong but so's the one making an international incident out of it. 
Just relax. Geez.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2015, 03:15:14 AM »

You're all overreacting.
This is like watching two kids have the "Don't touch me!" <<tiny poke>> "Mom! She touched me!!!" fight.
The poker is wrong but so's the one making an international incident out of it. 
Just relax. Geez.

You've been here only for three months now I believe. Wait another year or so and you might feel different about it.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2015, 03:30:29 AM »

Where are the mods these days? A few wise words from them would be most welcome at this stage in the proceedings.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2015, 03:37:14 AM »

I expect that's true, but my analogy still holds: those two siblings have been together bickering so much that they've lost all capacity to behave reasonably toward each other and the minute one does something annoying, the other trips out. An outsider can see that the argument is not really about what happened at that moment, it's about a built-up history. And the best resolution is to take a break from each other.

In a year, I may too have lost my capacity to behave reasonably on SmileySmile.net (certainly I have family members who can set me off as easily as OSD sets people off here), but that doesn't mean I'd be right to be set off.

The speed with which this escalated to people calling each other pathetic, demented , trolls, etc. culminating in AGD being called a liar, which without evidence (which I'm confident doesn't exist) is really inappropriate, is crazy.

If there's a poster that is annoying, repetitive, infantile, whatever, are there not better ways to handle it?

I understand you're frustrated, but that's why I said three pages ago that people need to just walk away from this thread. It's just escalating and getting uglier and uglier.

Your point may be that as a new person, I should shut up. And you know, I've got a voice in my head telling me the same thing because I expect the outcome of chiming in will be that people will become furious with me as well, but I hope maybe someone will read my post and respond by taking a deep breath and trying to chill.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:40:35 AM by Emily » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2015, 03:43:52 AM »

Where are the mods these days? A few wise words from them would be most welcome at this stage in the proceedings.
I agree.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2015, 04:06:26 AM »

Emily, you're making the basic error that OSD and his lackeys are reasonable people who will see the error of their ways. They're not, and this will never happen. More to the point, when I'm accused of altering someone elses post, l don't smile sweetly and turn the other cheek. I'm waiting to see the mod's response to that.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2015, 04:09:58 AM »

Emily, you're making the basic error that OSD and his lackeys are reasonable people who will see the error of their ways. They're not, and this will never happen. More to the point, when I'm accused of altering someone elses post, l don't smile sweetly and turn the other cheek. I'm waiting to see the mod's response to that.
I do think it was very wrong to accuse you of that. I hope that you know that in my posts I've intended no disrespect to you.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2015, 04:15:12 AM »

Your point may be that as a new person, I should shut up.

No, not at all. Your posts are not in the least annoying. To the contrary, they are quite sensible and very welcome. Just in this one case, your proposed strategy has already been proven to be ineffective to these guys. They are not accessible to reason.

I understand you're frustrated, but that's why I said three pages ago that people need to just walk away from this thread.

Thing is... the problems are not just in this one thread. They exist in every single thread that somehow mentions Mike.

I think the mods have gone home. To be fair, it's a tough job they do for free. Let's go get ourselves a new message board.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2015, 04:20:02 AM »

Your point may be that as a new person, I should shut up.

No, not at all. Your posts are not in the least annoying. To the contrary, they are quite sensible and very welcome. Just in this one case, your proposed strategy has already been proven to be ineffective to these guys. They are not accessible to reason.

I understand you're frustrated, but that's why I said three pages ago that people need to just walk away from this thread.

Thing is... the problems are not just in this one thread. They exist in every single thread that somehow mentions Mike.

I think the mods have gone home. To be fair, it's a tough job they do for free. Let's go get ourselves a new message board.

Smiley well thank you for not being furious with me!
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2015, 04:20:22 AM »

Exactly! I don't bother opening some threads anymore based on the title cause I know it will be full of the same tiresome old rubbish. This nonsense is really bringing the board down.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2015, 04:34:44 AM »

What time is AGD being appointed head moderator. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2015, 04:37:53 AM »

Three months? Try flipping 19 years! I started posting on the Cabinessence board in '96, so I've seen sh*t go down. This isn't actually the worst I've seen (that would be the massive cluster that birthed this board), but it's by far the most banal and irritating.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2015, 05:02:03 AM »

I think for sheer sustained violence, the death agony of the much lamented Smile Shop holds the palm... but as Clay rightly points out, this may be the first forum to die of sheer idiotic banality.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2015, 05:08:53 AM »

I think for sheer sustained violence, the death agony of the much lamented Smile Shop holds the palm... but as Clay rightly points out, this may be the first forum to die of sheer idiotic banality.

Hm... I've been on the Smile Shop board, but I don't remember sustained violence, only a slow fading away. Was I somewhere else at that particular time or have I suppressed my memory of it?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2015, 05:22:18 AM »

The board is dying a death due to AGD's behind the scenes maneuvering. Sending tons and tons of PMs to maintain his control and push his agenda. Strange how he is obsessed with posts who have no ill-will against him, just don't like Mike Love.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »

I'd missed recent posts in this thread, partly cos I know that any thread with the name "Mike" will soon be derailed by trolls and their pets.

Just like to add my voice to those already asking for moderation and the banning of OSD and his disciple. That said, it doesn't seem that many voices are being heard right now…

“We live in divisive times.”
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2015, 05:44:23 AM »

The board is dying a death due to AGD's behind the scenes maneuvering. Sending tons and tons of PMs to maintain his control and push his agenda. Strange how he is obsessed with posts who have no ill-will against him, just don't like Mike Love.

Sums up the agdster's agenda quite well indeed. Have you ever gone to such lengths to get someone banned? I know I haven't. The dohster wants complete control here, which reminds me of myKe luHv kicking Brian Wilson and Al Jardine out of the Beach Boys after C50. Oh yeah, there's a definite similarity and agenda going on here. 

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2015, 05:48:00 AM »

No, dear, some posters are sick and tired of nearly single thread being hijacked in a "Hate Mike" context.  

Whose agenda?  That is paranoia.

Just say you don't like Mike but support your reason, (with your own researched reasons and not from someone else) instead of a one-liner of b.s.  It saves time.  

Don't give Andrew that much credit for controlling this board. I don't think he does.  He is a published author who has done research that I personally respect. We don't see eye-to-eye all the time, but can disagree without this infantile nonsense but I do respect his scholarship.  Apparently you don't.  Just say so without the continuous personal attacks.  

You don't have to believe one word Andrew has published, and that is your choice, but this conspiracy theory is ridiculous.  

Maybe posting in threads that don't concern Mike might be a good start?  The mods should not have to be hall monitors or R.A's.

And, I like to remember that I am a guest on someone else's forum.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2015, 05:50:15 AM »

Every beach boys forum community that has collapsed has one common denominator: Andy Doe.

KDS
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2015, 05:59:26 AM »

I understand that some fans don't much care of Mike Love.  I'm not even a huge fan of him as a person. 

But to continually bash him for no reason whenever his name comes up is just a waste of time. 

I agree with filledeplage.  Every single thread lately, whether it's a post of Mike's new Christmas single, something about the current touring band, an interview with Mike, or anything that has to do with the C50 gets derailed. 

It's old and tired. 

I can't even imagine with this message board will look like after Mike's book is released. 
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2015, 06:00:07 AM »

Every beach boys forum community that has collapsed has one common denominator: Andy Doe.

No, it is the infantile behavior of a few that has annoyed many.  

Andrew Doe?  Seriously.  Someone I doubt you ever met.  
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx