gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:56:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test you musical knowledge  (Read 2284 times)
Spiritinthesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2015, 07:16:31 AM »

Any good at music quizzes? Good page of quizzes here, from Elvis, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bowie, Dylan, Springsteen, Janis Joplin and loads of others.

See how many you can score out of 20: http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/this_day_in_music_quiz
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »

Any good at music quizzes? Good page of quizzes here, from Elvis, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bowie, Dylan, Springsteen, Janis Joplin and loads of others.

See how many you can score out of 20: http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/this_day_in_music_quiz

I keep well away from music quizzes these days. I took part in a live quiz-cum-competition about ten years ago and it wasn't nice to feel inadequate about a part of life that's so important to me. (To say nothing of the ticklish subject of "knowing your stuff".) Looking things up for others is another matter entirely. So I'll pass, with apologies.   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »

Pink Floyd is my favorite band, and I scored an 18/20 (90%) on their quiz. 

Incidentally, I didn't know Clare Torry missed her first session of The Great Gig in the Sky to see Chuck Berry. 

So, yeah, they get a little obscure. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »

I like quizzes, it's fun! 3D I scored 90 at Beatles. forgot that "Don't Bother Me" was on "With the Beatles". Thus AHDN is "the only Beatles album where all of the songs were written by Lennon & McCartney?" Blame the film! police
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:11:24 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 01:39:46 AM »

AHDN is "the only Beatles album where all of the songs were written by Lennon & McCartney?" Blame the film! police

I wonder if anyone still alive can identify the snippet of music on Ringo's transistor in the train in AHDN. Sir George can't remember, according to someone who works with him. Here at 4:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nq-GyLrtHc

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
KDS
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »

Just got 85% on the Queen one. 

Some tough questions.  Like, I don't recall a 2011 commercial with Under Pressure that starred The Muppets. 
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »

I just got 95% on the Marc Bolan quiz. Feeling rather smug right about now.  Evil

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »

Just got 85% on the Queen one. 

Dang! You beat my score by one question. They weren't lying when they called it "The Very Hard Queen Quiz" were they?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
KDS
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »

I just scored a 90% for The Who.

Grin
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 11:42:55 AM »

I got 90% on the Pink Floyd quiz.
I'm too ashamed to reveal my score on the Bee Gees one......  (and to think, I call myself a fan).

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »

I wonder if anyone still alive can identify the snippet of music on Ringo's transistor in the train in AHDN. Sir George can't remember, according to someone who works with him. Here at 4:00:

Found this article with companion extended version of the "train music". I think mystery solved, though at the end it seemed to leave the possibility that it *could* be The Beatles.  http://www.thebeatlesrarity.com/2014/07/03/asknat-concerning-the-train-music-heard-in-a-hard-days-night/

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 04:56:41 AM »

Found this article with companion extended version of the "train music". I think mystery solved, though at the end it seemed to leave the possibility that it *could* be The Beatles.  http://www.thebeatlesrarity.com/2014/07/03/asknat-concerning-the-train-music-heard-in-a-hard-days-night/

Wow, RR, you've made my day----thank you!

Clem Cattini has played on so many sessions it doesn't surprise me at all. And Page and Sullivan were both big fish in the session players' pond. I see bassist Alan Weighell's name gets a mention too.

Interesting that Sir George couldn't remember...   

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 11:35:19 PM »

Interesting that Sir George couldn't remember...   
Neither could Ringo, it seems. I can't place the article that was shared in beatles.ru where he said that.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx