-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:17:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Walking Dead - Season 6
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead - Season 6  (Read 1912 times)
KDS
« on: November 18, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »

I know I started a Fall TV Thread, but The Walking Dead started up after the thread fizzled out. 

Any TWD fans here?  What do you think?

I think it's been another great season so far.  However, the format they use (and have been using the last few seasons) where they focus on one character or set of characters, and their storylines for an entire episode almost makes me want to wait until the season is over and binge watch.  That's my only real criticism of the show that I'd rather see the different character stories intertwined within each episode. 

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:33:57 AM »

Not to be a downer but so far I've found it to be boring as hell. I mentioned to a friend today that I'm reaching the point of giving up on it totally.
Luckily that friend happened to lend me season 1-7 of The Shield on dvd last week, so I'm not short of great tv at the moment.

However, the format they use (and have been using the last few seasons) where they focus on one character or set of characters, and their storylines for an entire episode almost makes me want to wait until the season is over and binge watch.  That's my only real criticism of the show that I'd rather see the different character stories intertwined within each episode. 

This is deliberate by the network to keep costs down as the cast are paid per episode appearence, if Andrew Lincoln doesn't show up in an episode, AMC doesn't have to pay him anything.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
KDS
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 06:43:08 AM »

Not to be a downer but so far I've found it to be boring as hell. I mentioned to a friend today that I'm reaching the point of giving up on it totally.
Luckily that friend happened to lend me season 1-7 of The Shield on dvd last week, so I'm not short of great tv at the moment.

However, the format they use (and have been using the last few seasons) where they focus on one character or set of characters, and their storylines for an entire episode almost makes me want to wait until the season is over and binge watch.  That's my only real criticism of the show that I'd rather see the different character stories intertwined within each episode. 

This is deliberate by the network to keep costs down as the cast are paid per episode appearence, if Andrew Lincoln doesn't show up in an episode, AMC doesn't have to pay him anything.

I never thought about it that way, but it makes sense. 

I'm not a fan of how AMC is exploiting TWD.  They now have the spinoff.  I liked the short season when you see the outbreak of the virus, but I have a feeling the show might lose me once they get into the apocalypse, as it will just become a TWD clone. 

This past Sunday, after TWD aired, when they usually show previews, they said "Watch the new show Into the Badlands for previews of next week's The Walking Dead during the first commercial break."  What a crock. 

I've been a fan since Day 1, and I'm enjoying this season, especially the first three episodes, which were very intense.  However, I do wonder if there's an endgame to the show. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: