gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 02:06:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What were the Beach Boys doing the day you were born?  (Read 13959 times)
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 06:35:25 AM »

According to Bellagio, for my birth month (July 1972):

"Spring, an album by former Honeys Marilyn Wilson & Diane Rovell produced by Brian, Steve Desper & David Sandler, is released to critical acclaim and zero chart action."
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 06:46:05 AM »

Aug 19, 1977
I believe Pacific Ocean Blue was released somewhere? Or Love You. I don't have the info in front of me. They were probably fighting or at least arguing.

Also the same day Groucho Marx died and a few days after Elvis died!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 07:39:39 AM »

Jan. 15, 1967

I think they were supposed to have released either Smile or the Heroes And Villains single on this day, but didn't (obviously), I haven't access to a timeline at the moment
but I would assume they may have been recording something for the still in progress Smile album.  Either that or Brian was recording and the band may have been off doing a show.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »

November 15th, 1968: Instrumental track for Mona Kana recorded.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »

Brian was probably listening to the Four Lads , Dennis riding his tricycle in the street, and Carl munching on baby cookies, Mike making time with his sitter
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 09:46:47 AM »

I was born exactly 46 years ago today, and the Beach Boys recorded the instrumental track of "Tears In The Morning". Of all things. Shocked

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
KDS
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »

I was born exactly 46 years ago today, and the Beach Boys recorded the instrumental track of "Tears In The Morning". Of all things. Shocked

Happy Birthday. 
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 11:29:01 AM »

"Spring, an album by former Honeys Marilyn Wilson & Diane Rovell produced by Brian, Steve Desper & David Sandler, is released to critical acclaim and zero chart action."

Dude, I was also born in July 1972! (the 26th) Smiley
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »

On the day I was born, the Sharon Marie single Runaround Lover/Summertime  was released. The day before, Little St. Nick and The Lord's Prayer were being recorded. Two days before, the guys played the Hollywood Bowl. I was born Oct. 21, 1963.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:43:12 AM by Joel Goldenberg » Logged
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 12:55:21 PM »

Hmmm, June 1950. I guess they were driving their parents and each other crazy, like three brothers that age are prone to do. Maybe Brian was riding a new bike or checking out a new baseball glove he got for his 8th birthday two days before.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »

Many happy returns, sir!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 01:29:50 PM »

Shocked Best wishes, Micha - A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 02:20:24 PM »

I was born on July 9th, 1998. Around that time, Imagination had just been released, and Endless Harmony would be released around a month later.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »

Looks like an off day after traveling from New York to California.  9/29/95.  According to Bellagio.

HEY! WHO LET THE MILLENNIAL IN HERE? Wink Kidding of course. I now don't feel like the baby of the board.

The band had just released "Gotcha Back/Male Ego" the week before my birth.

Another older Millennial here... My DOB (9/20/1985) isn't listed, but two days later the Boys played the 1985 Farm Aid.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 08:54:10 PM »

Happy Birthday Micha.

My birthday info isn't too exciting either.  3 April 1952.

Being kids I guess.  Cartoons, baseball and bikes.  I hope they were having fun.  Brian was just about to turn 10.  Dennis, 7, and Carl, 5.

They were developing.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2015, 01:14:43 AM »

Shocked Best wishes, Micha - A

Thank you, and also thank you to KDS, john k, and feelsflow. Smiley BTW, I got the Love&Mercy DVD as birthday present.

Alan, old pal, what is the shocked Shocked supposed to tell me? Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2015, 03:25:27 AM »

Dude, I was also born in July 1972! (the 26th) Smiley
Hey, you're just two days older than I am. Cheers! Cool
mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2015, 12:11:46 PM »

January 1961. 

Brian, 18, freshman at El Camino Community College.  Dennis, 16, sophomore at Hawthorne High School.  Carl, 14, freshman at HHS.  Mike, 19, working at Love Sheet Metal, newly married (4 January) to Frances St Martin and out of his parents' house.  Al, 18, freshman at Ferris Institute.  David, 12, in school in Inglewood.

If Brian hasn't gotten hold of the Four Freshmen's new LP The Freshmen Year (released 3 January), he will in due time.  This one includes "Their Hearts Were Full of Spring" (by Bobby Troup), which the Beach Boys would sing.  Brian hasn't met Judy Bowles yet, but Franny will give birth to Mike's first child in July

Off-topic:  I wonder why the BBs never did "Route 66," probably the best-known Bobby Troup song?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2015, 12:18:06 PM »

January 1961. 

Brian, 18, freshman at El Camino Community College.  Dennis, 16, sophomore at Hawthorne High School.  Carl, 14, freshman at HHS.  Mike, 19, working at Love Sheet Metal, newly married (4 January) to Frances St Martin and out of his parents' house.  Al, 18, freshman at Ferris Institute.  David, 12, in school in Inglewood.

If Brian hasn't gotten hold of the Four Freshmen's new LP The Freshmen Year (released 3 January), he will in due time.  This one includes "Their Hearts Were Full of Spring" (by Bobby Troup), which the Beach Boys would sing.  Brian hasn't met Judy Bowles yet, but Franny will give birth to Mike's first child in July

Off-topic:  I wonder why the BBs never did "Route 66," probably the best-known Bobby Troup song?
hmm. Why was David in school in Inglewood? Had they moved from Hawthorne? Or did Inglewood and Hawthorne share a school district?
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2015, 12:24:48 PM »

January 1961. 

hmm. Why was David in school in Inglewood? Had they moved from Hawthorne? Or did Inglewood and Hawthorne share a school district?

I remember reading something about the school district boundary being in between the Wilson's and Marks' homes.  Could be remembering wrong, though.
mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »

The Markses lived in Inglewood, not Hawthorne.  Kornblum Avenue was the boundary between the two cities.  Unless I'm mistaken, it still is.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »

The Markses lived in Inglewood, not Hawthorne.  Kornblum Avenue was the boundary between the two cities.  Unless I'm mistaken, it still is.
Thanks.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2015, 06:01:56 AM »

What's the story behind the instrumental "Why" on the Made in California compilation?

It sounds like it could be from the Paley sessions, but I can't find anything on it.
It's off the MIU sessions - November 18th, 1977.

An instrumental named "Why" on the very same day I was born?  Oh, gee, thanks BBs...

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_recorded_by_the_Beach_Boys , they also recorded "Bells of Christmas", "Belles of Paris", "Kona Coast", "Match Point of Our Love", "Melekalikimaka", "Pitter Patter", and "Sweet Sunday Kinda Love".  And sometime during that day they even found time to BREATH!

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 05:03:59 PM »

I was born in 1959. There was no Beach Boys yet.  Cheesy

Be kind to the people you meet on the way up because you will meet the same people on the way down.

Ralph Kramden.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:44 PM »

Dennis said to Brian he should write a song about surfing.

(Give or take a month)  Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx