gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:12:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if the band had their own Geffen/Azoff/Grant type Manager?  (Read 3477 times)
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »

I think about their beginning at Reprise. I mean, Sinatra started the label with a vision that artists would have complete creative control, and yet Sunflower went through several rejections until the final product. Ironically a great album critically, but less than stellar commercially, which is what I assume was the motive for Reprise management(commercial sales). Would a Geffen type representative have been tearing Mo Ostin a new one?

The flip side is that history shows that Steve Love's attempt to move the band into real estate investments in Hawaii and Texas would have, produced spectacular financial gains. Apparently there was a less than enthusiastic response to these deals by the group...resulting in a messy extraction of Love management. 3D
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »

I think about their beginning at Reprise. I mean, Sinatra started the label with a vision that artists would have complete creative control, and yet Sunflower went through several rejections until the final product. Ironically a great album critically, but less than stellar commercially, which is what I assume was the motive for Reprise management(commercial sales). Would a Geffen type representative have been tearing Mo Ostin a new one?

The flip side is that history shows that Steve Love's attempt to move the band into real estate investments in Hawaii and Texas would have, produced spectacular financial gains. Apparently there was a less than enthusiastic response to these deals by the group...resulting in a messy extraction of Love management. 3D
I don't really get why the Beach Boys relied so often on amateur and amateurish management.
The real estate thing for example, did they not have professional financial managers who were separate from the band managers who were separate from the corporate managers? I mean, what's the story here?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx