-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Paris
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paris  (Read 59594 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »

Again, what I said was true -- in England there are laws which state that you cannot encourage nor incite terrorism and the country's Human Rights and Freedom of Speech Laws do not allow for those actions. You may not like how the law is being applied but to say that "support for groups such as ISIS goes completely unchallenged" because of the Human Rights laws in the country is simply not true.

I live here, believe me it is.

I know what the laws are, and people have been arrested there because of them. So no, it's not true.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2015, 11:28:35 AM »

Look at the examples I gave you earlier. No, things have not reached the point where they can state specific threats of terror but they can certainly shout the kind of stuff I mentioned before with no real reprisal. The law here will only 'monitor' them. Frankly, I don't think that's good enough.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »

Look at the examples I gave you earlier. No, things have not reached the point where they can state specific threats of terror but they can certainly shout the kind of stuff I mentioned before with no real reprisal. The law here will only 'monitor' them. Frankly, I don't think that's good enough.

We do disagree because I am not in favour of depriving people of basic rights and I have yet to see a convincing argument that supports doing so especially when one considers that these are the kinds of actions that ISIS is counting on and will more than likely increase the likelihood of a threat of terror.

EDIT: By this post, I don't mean to say that some of the examples that you give are not breaking laws. In fact, there are cases where these signs are advocating violence, which is, in fact, a crime. What I mean is that I don't agree with making a special case outside the boundaries of the laws. Incidentally the reasons why no police action is taken in these cases has nothing to do with Free Speech laws though, as this article makes clear:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:46:41 PM by Chocolate Shake Man » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2015, 02:02:32 PM »

Given the evidence that crackdowns and reprisals generate further radicalism, why would you support further crackdowns and reprisals?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2015, 07:40:10 AM »

Given the evidence that crackdowns and reprisals generate further radicalism, why would you support further crackdowns and reprisals?
Emily - some long-overdue common sense, with regard the visitors visa program, for 90 days or less, enacted for business and tourism, is surfacing.  This visa waiver program has been in effect for a long time and allows countries in the program (about 38) to come into the US without a visa.  It has been the subject of criticism as a source of "visa overstays" has been a huge number of "visitors visa" people who have not applied for any upgrade in visa status to allow long-term residency or application for citizenship. 

So, millions who come through the airports can disappear under-the-radar, and do who knows what.  Looking at this is/or will be a crackdown of sorts.  It is the most obvious place that we can fix quickly.

They are "guests who don't leave."  Wink
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »

Evidence suggests that killing the rats eliminates rats.  Taking a bath eliminates odors.  This isn't revolutionary thinking.  Use your talents better.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: