-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Paris
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paris  (Read 59613 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2015, 04:40:45 PM »

No words. Sending best wishes to the people of Paris tonight.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »

Love and Mercy! Sad

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 05:09:17 PM »

My thoughts and concern to the people of France  Embarrassed

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 05:35:07 PM »

Horrifying news. Wake up EU and deport these pieces of sh*t back to their own country to stop this sort of thing happening again.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
KDS
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 09:00:53 PM »

Sad news. 

And to think, Obama wanted to let those Syrian refugees into the US. 
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »

Horrifying news. Wake up EU and deport these pieces of sh*t back to their own country to stop this sort of thing happening again.

Sad news. 

INfuckingDEED. Total insanity.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »

Sad news. 

The refugees are fleeing the IS attacks in Syria. Their country has been destroyed by IS and by their own government. The refugees, like those poor people in Paris last night, are victims of IS. Some have stayed in Syria to fight IS and their dictator but are now also being bombed by the Russians.

Compassion where it's due.

“We live in divisive times.”
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »

The refugees are fleeing the IS attacks in Syria. Their country has been destroyed by IS and by their own government. The refugees, like those poor people in Paris last night, are victims of IS. Some have stayed in Syria to fight IS and their dictator but are now also being bombed by the Russians.

Hear, hear. There's far too much hate around as it is. Those poor Parisians...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 12:22:40 AM »

While there are some genuine refugees who have suffered, the vast bulk are wolves in sheep's clothing. Not all of Syria is a warzone, nor the surrounding countries, they have no reason to stray so far into Europe. Look on the news at the migrants (both legal and illegal), there are few women and children, zero old people, just wave after wave of men in their 20s and 30s.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 12:31:40 AM »

Migrants or refugees? Many are fleeing a war in which their homes and everything they own has been destroyed. Where their own government is slaughtering them. What do you want to send them back to?

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 12:42:04 AM »

Migrants or refugees?

It comes down to the same thing for any country that takes them in.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 01:03:20 AM »

So if you were the PM what would you do? Send "them" home? Surely they'd just return again and again. So the problem of "them" would never go away. Options?

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 04:31:09 AM »

I hope they find the French guy who made the video that pissed them off. Or the cartoonist that offended them. Something set these terrorists off -- and i hope they find whomever offended them and hold them responsible.

Right?  Of course i dont mean any of that nonesense. But can u imagine if people really thought like that?  Sadly, many of the World's "Leaders" do. We have one running for President right now. They're dangerous fakes and fools.

All free nations must close their borders. Rats are getting in.  Lock the doors to the free world, eradicate the communities and cultures producing these psychos.

We know who they are, what they believe, and where they come from.  They're not coming from outer space.  Or from some portal at an undisclosed location on the bottom of he sea.  And because of the fakes and fools running the world, these rats all throughout the house.

We pick our leaders. Wake. The. F-ck up. World!

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 07:44:25 AM »

I hope they find the French guy who made the video that pissed them off. Or the cartoonist that offended them. Something set these terrorists off -- and i hope they find whomever offended them and hold them responsible.

Right?  Of course i dont mean any of that nonesense. But can u imagine if people really thought like that?  Sadly, many of the World's "Leaders" do. We have one running for President right now. They're dangerous fakes and fools.

All free nations must close their borders. Rats are getting in.  Lock the doors to the free world, eradicate the communities and cultures producing these psychos.

We know who they are, what they believe, and where they come from.  They're not coming from outer space.  Or from some portal at an undisclosed location on the bottom of he sea.  And because of the fakes and fools running the world, these rats all throughout the house.

We pick our leaders. Wake. The. F-ck up. World!
This attack changes the terrain.  The Eiffel Tower is closed (Thank God.) There are some issues that defy logic.

First, why the International Court of Justice does not appear to actively be involved in prosecuting these "crimes against humanity" as they were post WWII.

Second, I learned that except the UK, there are no border entrance requirements in crossing among the EU member states.  This appears to be a downside of the establishment of the  EU.  It may have looked like a good idea at the time.  Now, it appears to have created a huge and perhaps unanticipated security problem. 

Where are the rest of the "coalition" in responding to this violence? 

A couple of amazing things I saw last night.  Post attack, the crowds singing "La Marseillaise" (French National Anthem) and a phone interview with Simone Rivera (daughter of Geraldo Rivera) on her Junior Year semester abroad in France, and who had been at the stadium watching the game, in the same crowd with two French Presidents (one former) and to the surprise of Geraldo, not at the concert with a So. Cal band close to the stadium. 

France24 has a great online version of it's programming in English for those who want to stay up to speed on what is going on with our allies. 

Word is for the upcoming Dem. debate, the topics are being reframed to include terrorism.

And Hillary tried to get into the Marines?  And was refused?

Today, there are more questions than answers...

For our fellow BB fans in France...please stay safe...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »

Sad news. 

THANK YOU.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 12:15:12 PM »

Thoughts and prayers to the French people after this barbaric attack on the innocent.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 11:47:49 PM »

The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
The Beltway Snipers were Muslims
The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
The underwear Bomber was a Muslim
The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims
The Bafi Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims
The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Muslims
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Musiims
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims
The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims
The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims
The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Muslims
The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims
The first World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims
The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Muslims
The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims
The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims

Let anyone of this faith into your country at your peril.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 01:00:07 AM »

Um... holocaust, holodomor, First American Nations genocide, my lai, pearl harbor, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, school massacres, other mass shootings, Oklahoma, Waco, jim jones, the crusades, Genghis khan, Caesar, Alexander, El Salvador, KKK, haymarket, the boer war, the troubles, carlos the jackal, anarchist bombings, Birmingham, lynchings, a mess of assassinations, the bath school bombings, the unibomber, the weather underground, Pinochet, everything that ever happens in argentina, unit 731, Guernica, Dresden, Jamestown, everything in Greece in 1821, numerous massacres of European settlers in the Americas by American Indians, massacres of Chinese Americans by European Americans, kent state, lattimer, genocide of Armenians, hutus/tutsis, Ludlow, the great purge, shanghai massacre, Ludlow, a ton of stuff done by the United Fruit Company, jallianwala bagh, nanking, that Norwegian guy, "freedom fighters," the killing of sandino, the sandinistas, bureau for the repression of communist activities, castro, papa and baby doc, extraordinary rendition, Khmer rouge, a near millennium of just about constant war in Europe of increasing violence culminating in the bloodiest century and place in history, Tamerlane, Atlantic slave trade, congo war, Belgians in congo, apartheid, Russian troubles, Chinese civil wars, Algeria, Somalia, sudan, Ethiopia, Burma/Myanmar, Tenochtitlan, Haifa refinery and other episodes in palestine, jeju, sri Lankan gov't and tamil tigers, shining path, Mr. Huberty, serbs v. croats, Abkhazia, ANC v IFP, Chiapas, port arthur, ira, haditha, pottawatomie, need I go on?
Intentional homicide rate by region:

Americas 16.3 157,000
      Africa 12.5 135,000
      World 6.2 437,000
      Europe 3.0 22,000
      Oceania 3.0 1,100
      Asia 2.9 122,000

The capacity to be horrible knows no ethnicity.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 01:03:56 AM »

My apologies to the Real Beach Boy for perpetuating a discussion of hate on your kind and thoughtful thread.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2015, 01:11:35 AM »

Um... holocaust, holodomor, First American Nations genocide, my lai, pearl harbor, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, school massacres, other mass shootings, Oklahoma, Waco, jim jones, the crusades, Genghis khan, Caesar, Alexander, El Salvador, KKK, haymarket, the boer war, the troubles, carlos the jackal, anarchist bombings, Birmingham, lynchings, a mess of assassinations, the bath school bombings, the unibomber, the weather underground, Pinochet, everything that ever happens in argentina, unit 731, Guernica, Dresden, Jamestown, everything in Greece in 1821, numerous massacres of European settlers in the Americas by American Indians, massacres of Chinese Americans by European Americans, kent state, lattimer, genocide of Armenians, hutus/tutsis, Ludlow, the great purge, shanghai massacre, Ludlow, a ton of stuff done by the United Fruit Company, jallianwala bagh, nanking, that Norwegian guy, "freedom fighters," the killing of sandino, the sandinistas, bureau for the repression of communist activities, castro, papa and baby doc, extraordinary rendition, Khmer rouge, a near millennium of just about constant war in Europe of increasing violence culminating in the bloodiest century and place in history, Tamerlane, Atlantic slave trade, congo war, Belgians in congo, apartheid, Russian troubles, Chinese civil wars, Algeria, Somalia, sudan, Ethiopia, Burma/Myanmar, Tenochtitlan, Haifa refinery and other episodes in palestine, jeju, sri Lankan gov't and tamil tigers, shining path, Mr. Huberty, serbs v. croats, Abkhazia, ANC v IFP, Chiapas, port arthur, ira, haditha, pottawatomie, need I go on?
Intentional homicide rate by region:

Americas 16.3 157,000
      Africa 12.5 135,000
      World 6.2 437,000
      Europe 3.0 22,000
      Oceania 3.0 1,100
      Asia 2.9 122,000

The capacity to be horrible knows no ethnicity.

Wonderful history lesson. Meanwhile back here in the 21st Century atrocities are being commited by Islamic madmen.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 01:34:06 AM »

Several of your examples are not 21st century. Several of my examples occurred after your earliest examples. Where exactly is the cut off by which we say "these people can now be proclaimed good because the atrocities committed by some of their members have not reached x threshold during the last y years. These people are now proclaimed evil because the atrocities committed by some of their members have crossed x threshold during the last y years." What exactly are x and y?
The intentional homicide rate table is contemporary. For a region with a relatively small number of Muslims, the Americas seem to have a lot of homicidal "madmen."

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:35:02 AM by Emily » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:14 AM »

For a region with a relatively small number of Muslims, the Americas seem to have a lot of homicidal "madmen."

It's true they do. So running the risk of importing more would not be the smartest of plays.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 02:06:26 AM »

For a region with a relatively small number of Muslims, the Americas seem to have a lot of homicidal "madmen."

It's true they do. So running the risk of importing more would not be the smartest of plays.
Now I understand that you are not serious because you must be aware of the concept of a mean and that if you mix a higher dilution with a lower dilution, the higher dilution will be lowered.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 02:14:35 AM »

Now I understand that you are not serious because you must be aware of the concept of a mean and that if you mix a higher dilution with a lower dilution, the higher dilution will be lowered.

Play the percentage game all you want, one religious nutjob is one too many.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »

Play the percentage game all you want, one religious nutjob is one too many.
Ah... Therein lies the primary difference between us. If I'm faced with a homicidal madman, I won't care what his religion is.
Anyway, it's been fun, MB.. but now I must sleep.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: