gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:19:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489908 times)
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 22, 2016, 01:45:06 AM »

I am not at all surprised that Brian found Debbie to be nurturing. I was told of a visit to a local LA record store (now, like so many of them, "lost and gone and unknown for a long, long time") where she demonstrated these qualities to a friend of mine who was still an employee at the store (I had moved on at the time this occurred, which IIRC was early '79). From what I was told about the gentle good humor that flowed between them while they were in the store, she was giving Brian exactly what he needed and wasn't getting from anyone else at the time. Reading her posts here confirms in my mind that she still has all of those qualities today.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 22, 2016, 06:58:01 AM »

I am not at all surprised that Brian found Debbie to be nurturing. I was told of a visit to a local LA record store (now, like so many of them, "lost and gone and unknown for a long, long time") where she demonstrated these qualities to a friend of mine who was still an employee at the store (I had moved on at the time this occurred, which IIRC was early '79). From what I was told about the gentle good humor that flowed between them while they were in the store, she was giving Brian exactly what he needed and wasn't getting from anyone else at the time. Reading her posts here confirms in my mind that she still has all of those qualities today.

Mirrors my thoughts on Debbie to a T and hoping that I'll be fortunate enough to perhaps cross paths with her someday. Smiley

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 22, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »

With both Debbie and Emily now posting on these threads, I firmly believe they have softened up the belligerent posts and nasty nasty nasty comments made by some of the Smiley Smilers.....which is all GOOD.  My ladies, keep posting and I'm speaking for all of us.   Dave
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 22, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »

With both Debbie and Emily now posting on these threads, I firmly believe they have softened up the belligerent posts and nasty nasty nasty comments made by some of the Smiley Smilers.....which is all GOOD.  My ladies, keep posting and I'm speaking for all of us.   Dave
Smiley Smiley Debbie is GREAT... hope your right about Emily... that has not been the case!  She was leading the CRUSADE against me from the very beginning!  I think a lot of the "angry 13" took their lead from her... you might say... Emily created the "angry 13"!   I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR A SINGLE WORD ABOUT THIS... If she can be POLITE... and not SO OPINIONATED... and not the KNOW IT ALL ABOUT EVERYTHING... fine... Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:38:11 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »

With both Debbie and Emily now posting on these threads, I firmly believe they have softened up the belligerent posts and nasty nasty nasty comments made by some of the Smiley Smilers.....which is all GOOD.  My ladies, keep posting and I'm speaking for all of us.   Dave
Smiley Smiley Debbie is GREAT... hope your right about Emily... that has not been the case!  She was leading the CRUSADE against me from the very beginning!  I think a lot of the "angry 13" took their lead from her... you might say... Emily created the "angry 13"!   I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR A SINGLE WORD ABOUT THIS... If she can be POLITE... and not SO OPINIONATED... and not the KNOW IT ALL ABOUT EVERYTHING... fine... Smiley Smiley

Well said Rocky!  Hopefully everyone will be nicer to each other.  Cheesy
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: March 22, 2016, 02:20:19 PM »

Mirrors my thoughts on Debbie to a T and hoping that I'll be fortunate enough to perhaps cross paths with her someday. Smiley

OSD - maybe we'll meet this tour? 

You've all been too kind.  I felt like I was reading about my sweet mother, not me.  She was that sweet.  Me, not so much.  Brian took one look at her when they met and wrapped his arms around her neck and put his head on her shoulder.  The man has good instincts - she was the perfect Mom, and she was fond of him.  I really appreciate Stephen's comments - conveyed through Rocky - as well.  My experience of him was of an extremely bright guy who came to the Ivar offices after studying all day at USC (graduate program, I think?).  He was always really kind to me.

Anyway, I'm glad this has all taken a more civil turn.  We need it in the world right now.  Rocky - maybe a private chat between you and Emily could be a good thing? 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 22, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »

For someone who beats people up, without repentance, for doing things you disapprove of, you cry an awful lot over people saying they don't approve of things you've done.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 22, 2016, 03:16:44 PM »

Okay, never mind what I said above.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: March 22, 2016, 03:23:13 PM »

Smiley Smiley So, when Mike-y LEVITATED (the only time in his spiritual life) and shook my hand over and over again while calling me a hero for the "NO DRUGS KNOCK OUT PUNCH!"  he later... turned on Stephen...(and BETRAYED Stephen) for sending him that AWFUL telegram that read: "NOW IS NOT THE TIME IN YOUR LIFE TO BE STUPID"... Get back here (from your ashram) and rehearse with the band... FOR THE TOUR in TWO WEEKS!  I told Stephen then, "Maybe it's not such a GOOD IDEA  to call a STUPID person STUPID!"  It's like trying to teach a PIG to sing... It doesn't work... and it "IRRITATES" THE PIG!  Mike-y ALL OF A SUDDEN... has a CHANGE OF HEART! (Huh... what a joke... HEART?) and "DECIDES" TO NOW SIDE WITH Dennis and Carl... to have Stephen REMOVED as MANAGER!  Makes "PERFECT SENSE"... You ALWAYS FIRE THE GUY WITH INTEGRITY... who RESURRECTS YOUR FLOUNDERING CAREER... INVESTS YOUR MONEY and MAKES EACH of YOU MILLIONS... and then there's that little matter of SAVING Brian's LIFE!  "THAT NEVER HAPPENED"... Marilyn didn't call Stephen when she walked in on Brian offering...(well, you know what) to their 7yr-old daughter!  And Stephen didn't "BEG" Marilyn not to have Brian COMMITTED to a MENTAL HOSPITAL (Shhh... don't say that too loud... the "angry 13" don't like to hear that... It's not respectful of Brian)  Where was I?  Oh, then Stephen hired Stan (when his name was still spelled with a capital "S") and that  "BULLY" Rocky (in the immortal words of David Frost... Shhh... Don't speak ill of the dead... We must be politically correct!) for after all it was those two "THUGS" (that Stephen hired) who "DARED" to keep "DRUGS OUT OF Brian's LIFE"... FOR THREE YEARS!... the FIRST THREE YEARS I MIGHT ADD... for those FIRST FEW YEARS are ALWAYS THE MOST CRUCIAL YEARS for the simple reason that if DRUGS are "NOT" kept out of the DRUG addict's life... "THEY OFTENTIMES ARE NOT HERE WITH US ANY LONGER, as in... they "DIE"!!!!  But who want's to be a stickler?  It's just a little "minor" point...  Brian still being ALIVE TODAY (at 73 yrs young), but who's keeping track of inconsequential facts like that?  I mean, what's IMPORTANT IS THAT Mike-y WROTE ALL THE SONGS... RIGHT, Mike-y ... Isn't that what you told Stan and me to...  LOL LOL  Shhh... People get "KILLED" for saying the TRUTH! (If anything "EVER" happens to me... YOU All KNOW WHO DID IT!)

Rocky, was the whole incident with Stephen calling Mike "stupid", in your opinion based on your observations, some sort of unusual occurrence between these guys, and between members of the band in general? Was it a freak one-off incident? Did nobody else ever stand up to or talk to Mike that way? Or were words/insults like that thrown around between one another more regularly, and this one incident just happened to set Mike off? I would have guessed that between all of the Boys, as well as the Love brothers, that it wouldn't have been all that unusual for words like "stupid" to be directed at one another every now and then.
Smiley Smiley Transcendental Meditation
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:11:50 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 22, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »

Smiley Smiley Not to get all Islamic on the Smile readers, I think it is appropriate to mention a key passage from the Qur'an that pertains to an important covenant. Before I get to that I want to explain that Muhammad was born circa 570 in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.  He is considered the last known prophet.  He gave the world the Qur'an.  The Qur'an is revered as the word of God, dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Gabriel.  It is accepted as the foundation of Islamic law, religion, culture, and politics.  
     The covenant I am referring to says:  "Be good to your parents, relatives, friends, orphans and the destitute.  You shall not expel your own people from your homes."  He warned about killing one's own people, expelling a family member from your homes, harming each other with sin and aggression, and asked:  "So what punishment do such people among you, who behave like this, deserve?  Disgrace in this world and to be driven to grievous punishment on the day of judgment.
     Allah is not unaware of what you do.  As for the people who trade the life of the hereafter for the life of this world, neither their punishment shall be lightened nor shall they be helped.  Those who commit evil and become encircled in sins are the inmates of hellfire; they shall dwell therein forever.  As for those who believe and do good deeds, they will be the residents of paradise and live therein forever.' Smiley Smiley
Smiley Smiley

but what about the virgins?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:12:20 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 22, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »

Smiley Smiley stan... even though your just a footnote in my book... why don't YOU TAKE YOUR FOOT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH for just a minute... and explain to the SMILE READERS... how when you FLUNKED out of basketball... and were UNEMPLOYABLE... NO DEGREE from COLLEGE... NO SKILLS... and your brother Stephen Love, Manager of the Beach Boys and Brian's Personal Manager as well... "Magna Cum Laude" as I call him... GAVE YOU A JOB... working for Brian... for $52,000 dollars a year (to drive up to Bel Air and EAT!)  Then Stephen forced you to give him almost every dollar of your pay to him... to INVEST for you in "MAJOR INVESTMENTS" with the rest of the Beach Boys... I say MAJOR... because when there are MILLIONS of DOLLARS being INVESTED... there are MILLIONS of DOLLARS being EARNED!  In your case... $750,000 dollars (all total throughout the years...that were basically GIVEN TO YOU!)  For example... "MODEL"... I believe that was a chain of Motels in Texas... where Stephen put about $40,000 of your money into it (some of which he borrowed for you)... ang YOU MADE A THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH FOR... 20 YEARS... or was it 25 years (FACT CHECKERS do the MATH please... over $250,000) and when it was SOLD... Stephen GAVE YOU A CHECK FOR $175,000 DOLLARS!  Then there was BRUNER Oil... and the "SPAULDING RANCH" INVESTMENT (The one in question) where Stephen invested around $35,000 for YOU... and when as "GENERAL MANAGER" of that INVESTMENT He "LEGALLY" SOLD IT and "RE-INVESTED" ALL THE Beach Boys MONEY as well as HIS OWN... about $300,000 DOLLARS EACH... $630,000 in total) in PROPERTY IN HANALEI BAY (NOW WORTH 24 MILLION!)  BUT HE PAID YOU $170,000 DOLLARS CASH  even though your share was only $135,000... because he was once again taking care of his younger brother... and  you were BROKE!    Let's see... then when you tried to get your DAD to take out a SECOND Mortgage on his house... and he said he didn't feel comfortable doing it... that he couldn't SLEEP AT NIGHT!  stan "NEVER SPOKE TO HIS Dad AGAIN"... or Stephen!   OH... that was when stan had to take a JOB... for the FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE!  A job UNLOADING PRODUCE at a GROCERY STORE at night!  I can sure see why you would NEVER SPEAK TO Stephen again... stan! He happened to be at your Dad's house when YOUR Dad told you... "NO" on THE LOAN!   You Never SPOKE TO EITHER ONE OF THEM AGAIN!  You BETRAYED Stephen... for what reason??? SAVING YOUR LIFE!  STAN wrote Stephen a LETTER RECENTLY STATING... THAT Stephen was "DEAD" to him... that Stephen is a "LOWLIFE" calls Stephen "COCONUT"!   "BROTHERLY LOVE RUNS DEEP IN THE LOVE FAMILY"... Stephen ALWAYS LOVED Stan... would have done ANYTHING for him... and THIS IS THE THANKS he get's... and this is AFTER mike-y BETRAYED Stephen for sending him a telegram in India... saying... "Now is not the time to be stupid"... get back here and rehearse... before the next tour!     I guess you just can't take the word STUPID OUT OF... STUPID IS as STUPID DOES!  (in the IMMORTAL WORDS OF FOREST GUMP'S MOTHER!) Smiley   mike-y and stan call STEPHEN "COCONUT"!  Yeah... he was "NUTS"... for LOVING THEM!  Smiley Smiley  
MoDal...for Motel Dallas I believe.
Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 22, 2016, 03:26:19 PM »

Well said Rocky!  Hopefully everyone will be nicer to each other.  Cheesy
Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 22, 2016, 03:28:46 PM »

Smiley Smiley So Stan... THE ONLY FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK... TO "NEVER EVER" START A SINGLE GAME!  That's gotta be a record... Smokin'   Hey... I heard you're going to write a book...
That reminds me of the time I asked you if you had ever READ A BOOK... ALL THE WAY THROUGH... every PAGE...  AND YOU ADMITTED YOU HAD NOT!  You were 33 years old... it was 1983!  So... I LITERALLY CHALLENGED YOU... to READ "ONE" BOOK... every single page.  And you accepted the CHALLENGE... So I gave you the book... "How to win friends and influence people"... by Dale Carnegie!
You started reading it... and I would see it on the coffee table... as the days rolled by... After a week you were about a quarter of the way through it!  I could tell because the first 50 pages or so were separated from each other.  Another week later... about 100 pages were separated...  By the end of three weeks... you had read about 3/4s of... "ONE OF THE MOST SOLD AND MOST WIDELY READ BOOKS OF ALL TIME"... and then it just sat there... the last 35 pages remained UNOPENED!  So I asked you... did you ever finish reading this book?... as I held it up... so it was obvious the last quarter of the book had not been read...  AND YOU SAID... "No" (I said,  "Well, at least you didn't LIE!")  But Stan... we had a PERSONAL "BET"... a PERSONAL "CHALLENGE"... the whole CRITERIA... was SIMPLY... TO READ THE "ENTIRE" book...    Your response was... "It got repetitious.  I read the last page!" Smokin' Smokin'
Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 22, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »

Smiley Smiley Debbie... could you elaborate just a tad... clarification? Smiley Smiley  I don't even bother to read emily... neither does anyone else!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:32:31 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 22, 2016, 03:48:06 PM »

Smiley Smiley Debbie... could you elaborate just a tad... clarification? Smiley Smiley  I don't even bother to read emily... neither does anyone else!

I just gave up on civil conversation on this board.  Nothing personal to anyone, just disappointed.  It's been such an ugly day in the world, I was hoping for something more.  Just feeling a bit raw looking at all the suffering.  Love & Mercy seems like a good idea.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 22, 2016, 04:01:27 PM »

Smiley Smiley Debbie... could you elaborate just a tad... clarification? Smiley Smiley  I don't even bother to read emily... neither does anyone else!

I just gave up on civil conversation on this board.  Nothing personal to anyone, just disappointed.  It's been such an ugly day in the world, I was hoping for something more.  Just feeling a bit raw looking at all the suffering.  Love & Mercy seems like a good idea.
Smiley Smiley I hear you loud and clear... Stephen has refused to post on this thread since the very beginning... when he saw how vicious the are to me!  Now he won't even POST on his new thread!  Stephen and I have decided to DIVORCE ourselves from the WICKED... and leave them to mike-y... THEY DESERVE EACH OTHER! Smiley Smiley  Don't let their POISON get to you... this kind of sh*t is EXACTLY why Brian CHECKED OUT!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:04:04 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 22, 2016, 04:05:35 PM »

Smiley Smiley Stan, even though you're just a footnote in my book, why don't YOU TAKE YOUR FOOT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH for just a minute and explain to the SMILE READERS... how when you FLUNKED out of basketball and were UNEMPLOYABLE with NO DEGREE from COLLEGE and NO SKILLS other than playing bb - and your brother Stephen Love, manager of the Beach Boys and Brian's personal manager as well - "Magna Cum Laude" as I call him... GAVE YOU A JOB working for Brian... for $52,000 dollars a year (to basically drive up to Bel Air from Laguna and EAT while babysitting Brian!)  Then Stephen forced you to give him almost every dollar of your pay to him... to INVEST for you in "MAJOR INVESTMENTS" with the rest of the Beach Boys... I say MAJOR because when there are MILLIONS of DOLLARS being INVESTED, there are MILLIONS of DOLLARS being EARNED!  In your case around $750,000 dollars (all total throughout the years...that were basically GIVEN TO YOU!)  For example, "MoDaL."  I believe that was a chain of Motels in Texas.  Stephen put about $40,000 of your money into it (some of which he borrowed for you)... and YOU MADE A THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH FOR... 20 YEARS... or was it 25 years? (FACT CHECKERS do the MATH please... over $250,000)  And when it was SOLD, you RECEIVED A CHECK FOR $170,000 DOLLARS!  Then there was the "SPAULDING RANCH" INVESTMENT (The one that caused such controversy) where Stephen invested around $35,000 for stan... and when as, "SOLE GENERAL PARTNER" of that INVESTMENT, meaning he was the control person, he "LEGALLY" SOLD IT and "RE-INVESTED" ALL THE Beach Boys MONEY as well as HIS OWN... about $300,000 DOLLARS EACH) in beach PROPERTY ON HANALEI BAY (NOW WORTH $25 MILLION!)  BUT HE PAID stan $175,000 DOLLARS CASH  from the sale of Spaulding even though his share was only $135,000... because he was once again taking care of his younger brother... and  stan was BROKE!    Let's see... then when you tried to get your DAD to take out a SECOND mortgage on his house... and he said he didn't feel comfortable doing it... that he couldn't SLEEP AT NIGHT!  You, Stan, "NEVER SPOKE TO YOUR dad AGAIN"... or Stephen!   OH, that was when Stan had to take a JOB... for the FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE!  A job UNLOADING PRODUCE at a GROCERY STORE late at night!  I can sure see why you would NEVER SPEAK TO Stephen again, Stan!  He happened to be at your dad's house when YOUR dad told you... "NO" on THE LOAN!   You never SPOKE TO EITHER ONE OF THEM AGAIN!  You BETRAYED Stephen... for what reason???  SAVING YOUR LIFE?... and investing the MONEY you made from the JOB Stephen gave you!  STAN wrote Stephen a LETTER RECENTLY STATING... THAT Stephen is "DEAD" to him... that Stephen is a "LOWLIFE."  He calls Stephen "COCONUT"!   "BROTHERLY LOVE RUNS DEEP IN THE LOVE FAMILY"... Stephen ALWAYS LOVED Stan, would have done ANYTHING for him... and THIS IS THE THANKS he gets?! ... And this is AFTER Mike-y BETRAYED Stephen for sending him a telegram at a 6-month meditation retreat in Switzerland, saying, "Now is not the time in your life to be stupid.  Get back here and rehearse with the band before the next tour!"  I guess you just can't take the word STUPID OUT OF...STUPID IS as STUPID DOES! (in the IMMORTAL WORDS OF FOREST GUMP'S MOTHER!) Smiley   Mike-y and Stan call STEPHEN "COCONUT"! Yeah, he was "NUTS" alright...for LOVING THEM!  Smiley Smiley  
Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 22, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »

Rocky, you are truly the Donald Trump of SmileySmile.net! Wink
Smiley Smiley President TRUMP... Thank You LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:08:10 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 22, 2016, 04:53:19 PM »

Any idea on when Wipeout will be published, Rocky?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 22, 2016, 05:07:17 PM »

Smiley Smiley Yeah... any idea when you will come out of your BLACK OUT!   Damn... DRUNK again and it's still daylight!  Course you don't know what time of day it is? LOL LOL  88688 and still counting... no that's not the number of drinks you've had today... that's how many times you've been laughed at today! LOL LOL  As well as how many times I HAVE BEEN READ!  Oops 88871 and SOARING!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:37:06 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: March 22, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »

Smiley Smiley Yeah... any idea when you will come out of your BLACK OUT!   Damn DRUNK again and it's still daylight!  Course you don't know what time of day it is? LOL LOL  88688 and still counting... no that's not the number of drinks you've had today... that's how many times you've been laughed at today! LOL LOL  As well as how many times I HAVE BEEN READ!  Oops 88871 and SOARING!
So, no idea?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 22, 2016, 05:21:11 PM »

Smiley Smiley Yeah... any idea when you will come out of your BLACK OUT!   Damn DRUNK again and it's still daylight!  Course you don't know what time of day it is? LOL LOL  88688 and still counting... no that's not the number of drinks you've had today... that's how many times you've been laughed at today! LOL LOL  As well as how many times I HAVE BEEN READ!  Oops 88871 and SOARING!
So, no idea?
Smiley Smiley Juiced... we know you have NO IDEA... we've been reading your drivel for three months now!  Wake up and smell the JUICE... oh that's right ... YOU DRANK IT! LOL  Smokin  88888 reads... believe it or not... that will be "YOUR NUMBER" Juiced You will forever be... 88888 LOL Smokin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:24:42 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 22, 2016, 11:34:44 PM »

What virgins?? (ducking)

Who knew that, just like "Johnny Carson," the way he (Rocky) keeps it up could make you cry (with tears of laughter)?

Reading this (in whole or in part, depending on one's level of stamina...) it really is amazing that the BBs survived the 70s--the second half of the decade (and '78-'79 in particular) was just brutal.

The question that should be asked here (IMO) is what Rocky may know about the financial history of Mike Love--a man who lives up to the line in "I Just Got My Pay" ("I like spending my money")...

Don't stop at 100,000, Rocky, go for a quarter-million! Hold out for the big bucks!!

Holy crap! Someone needs to do a cover of Johnny Carson, redone as: Raw---cky... Pamp---lin!! Totally serious!!

challenge accepted. another slow night here...
 all in good fun, folks!  Grin

ROCKY PAMPLIN
(sung to the tune of Johnny Carson)

He sits there typing on the john
Rock-y Pamp-lin
He adds one more emoticon
Rock-y Pamp-lin

AGD comes on and says "hey Rocky"
Every night and day these two are so cocky
It's nice to have you on my thread tonight
A hundred thousand readers... outtasight!

When Brian was dyin' for a grasshopper please
Rock-y Pamp-lin
Or kickin' his cousin between the knees
Rock-y Pamp-lin

Every night and day these two are so talky
Don't you think this man saved Brian's life?
Maybe we should check with Brian's wife?

Who's a man whose book needs buyers?
Rocky Pamplin is a real wild writer
Who thinks Rocky is a liar?
Rocky Pamplin is a man for hire
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1998 on: March 23, 2016, 12:44:20 AM »

Please don’t judge me for how I spend my spare time, but I just looked up Rocky Pamplin on copyright.gov and found a record from 2014 of a copyrighted text entitled “Wipeout: Caught in the Undertow of America's Greatest Band” authored by Rocky. I found nothing when I Googled this but presumably this is a manuscript by Rocky about his time with The Beach Boys. Steve Love is also listed as as a rights holder. Very interested in seeing this come out if it isn’t in some form already.

copyright record listed here: http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=636&ti=626,636&Search%5FArg=pamplin&Search%5FCode=NALL&CNT=25&PID=oxWpWdAuMg3Ks5tVyq_zesLrKefs&SEQ=20151111115416&SID=1

To return to the source of this... this... of this: so the "book" was copyrighted not quite two years ago, yet it's not been published in any way whatsoever (except here, of course) ? Yup, the publishers sure are fighting each other for the rights.

Interestingly, a little light clicking also revealed the following projects, by one Steve Love:

Surfgate : a novel (2001) - 398 pages
Beached Whales (1986) - a five page outline, application title "The Steve Love Story".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1999 on: March 23, 2016, 12:47:57 AM »

What virgins?? (ducking)

Who knew that, just like "Johnny Carson," the way he (Rocky) keeps it up could make you cry (with tears of laughter)?

Reading this (in whole or in part, depending on one's level of stamina...) it really is amazing that the BBs survived the 70s--the second half of the decade (and '78-'79 in particular) was just brutal.

The question that should be asked here (IMO) is what Rocky may know about the financial history of Mike Love--a man who lives up to the line in "I Just Got My Pay" ("I like spending my money")...

Don't stop at 100,000, Rocky, go for a quarter-million! Hold out for the big bucks!!

Holy crap! Someone needs to do a cover of Johnny Carson, redone as: Raw---cky... Pamp---lin!! Totally serious!!

challenge accepted. another slow night here...
 all in good fun, folks!  Grin

ROCKY PAMPLIN
(sung to the tune of Johnny Carson)

He sits there typing on the john
Rock-y Pamp-lin
He adds one more emoticon
Rock-y Pamp-lin

Every night and day these two are so cocky
It's nice to have you on my thread tonight
A hundred thousand readers... outtasight!

When Brian was dyin' for a grasshopper please
Rock-y Pamp-lin
Or kickin' his cousin between the knees
Rock-y Pamp-lin

Every night and day these two are so talky
Don't you think this man saved Brian's life?
Maybe we should check with Brian's wife?

We need to have this recorded. NOW.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx