gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:15:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489805 times)
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: March 17, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Smiley Not Bad... I like it... You just described Mike-y and Stan! THANK YOU! LOL LOL  The Ghost can't write so you "Quote"! REAL POETS!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:29:09 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1876 on: March 17, 2016, 12:42:57 PM »

I'm beginning to entertain the possibility that Pamplin is posting from not so much a gated community as a secure facility.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 17, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »

Yeah, Adamghost! You should be a poet! That's like, almost as good as Yeats or something!
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 17, 2016, 12:45:08 PM »

Smiley Smiley DON'T YOU TWO HAVE A LIFE? LOL LOL  Going on 84,000... Quantity is like EXCESSIVE...ness Emily!  You and "doe boy" should hook up... and put an end to your LONELINESS! LOL LOL
Your Endless Days and Nights... OF READING ME... "or something"... Dah Embarrassed Tongue  Masochists... keep coming back! (you're winning)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:31:00 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 17, 2016, 01:16:55 PM »

It's sad.  I was actually feeling the family tragedy here.  Greed, betrayal, more greed, more betrayal.  Then it all turns into people aggressively attacking each other again - here. 

No wait, am I watching American politics or America's Band?  I guess one can't separate the two.  Metaphor meets a weird form of reality - it always has with this band and this family.  Poetry, I guess, maybe...or just plain heart-broken comments.

Thank heavens for the music.

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 17, 2016, 01:25:04 PM »

It's sad.  I was actually feeling the family tragedy here.  Greed, betrayal, more greed, more betrayal.  Then it all turns into people aggressively attacking each other again - here.  

No wait, am I watching American politics or America's Band?  I guess one can't separate the two.  Metaphor meets a weird form of reality - it always has with this band and this family.  Poetry, I guess, maybe...or just plain heart-broken comments.

Thank heavens for the music.

Smiley Smiley It is sad... I told everyone "Wipeout" is a story of DECEIT and BETRAYAL... where FAMILY ARE FAIR GAME! Smiley Smiley "Good Vibrations is where Brian checked out!  (You do the math)  Debbie, are you the girl that went to Hawaii with Brian when we went there in '78?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:34:13 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 17, 2016, 01:28:54 PM »

For the record, Pamplin, my Doors book sold 100,000 copies before going out of print.

Yet, you fail to enlighten/delighten us in the various Doors threads via the General Music Discussion?  Huh

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 17, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »

For the record, Pamplin, my Doors book sold 100,000 copies before going out of print.

Yet, you fail to enlighten/delighten us in the various Doors threads via the General Music Discussion?  Huh
[/quote
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 17, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »

Smiley Smiley O.R.R.  I would LOVE to know more also... about "doe boy's claim to fame!  I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell he keeps reading ME DAY and NIGHT... if he's so successful ... "OUT of PRINT? Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:36:05 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 17, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »

Smiley Smiley O.R.R. could you elaborate... I would LOVE to enlighten/delighten... Smiley Smiley

For one who wrote a book on the Doors, you'd think Andy would atleast post here about the band. He says his book vastly outsold his co-written BBs book. Even when Ray died, nary a word from the esteemed author:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15665.0.html

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 17, 2016, 01:43:28 PM »

Smiley Smiley O.R.R.  I would LOVE to know more also... about "doe boys' claim to fame1  I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell he keeps reading ME DAY and NIGHT! Smiley Smiley
Caught cha on an edit Rocky! I am still waiting on your Charless English info??? Brian or Mike may need him in their bios.

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 17, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »

Smiley Smiley Charles English... former Attorney to the Stars... He died, but not before representing ME... and GETTING ME IMMUNITY... Ask Mike-y about it! LOL LOL  Ask Jerome Billet  (Brian's Conservator at the time) about the $1.2 million reduction in Mike-y's $5 million jury award in the music publishing case.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:39:55 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 17, 2016, 01:51:35 PM »

Smiley Smiley Attorney to the Stars... He's dead now... but not before representing ME... and GETTING ME IMMUNITY... ask mike-y about it! LOL LOL  (1.2 million)
Ah, now we are getting somewhere! Immunity given from who Rocky? Was there a criminal investigation for Conspiracy and Perjury? $1.2 million paid? Humm, is this all detailed in your book? Cause it ain't gonna be in Mike's!

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 17, 2016, 01:53:20 PM »

Smiley Smiley Boy are you SMART... Not from... for whom?  I can't tell you everything in this little thread! Smiley Smiley  Finally, someone who wants to talk about something... other than my favorite color! LOL LOL  And "THEIR OPINION" of my favorite color! Smokin'  And YOU are especially right about it "NOT BEING" in Mike-y's "TRUTHFUL, SPIRITUAL TELL-ALL BOOK ABOUT HIS LIFE!   "Schematation"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:42:37 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 17, 2016, 02:00:49 PM »

Smiley Smiley Boy are you SMART... Not from... for whom?  I can't tell you everything in this little thread! Smiley Smiley  Finally someone who want's to talk about something... other than my favorite color! LOL LOL

I would imagine their are parties involved with BRI that are very interested in what you have to say!  Total speculation on my part but it sounds like Brian, who wasn't able to properly defend himself at the time, was badly punked/derauded by Mike Love?

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: March 17, 2016, 02:06:37 PM »

Smiley Smiley DEFEND?... Brian DEFEND himself?  HA!  He didn't have Melinda then or it might have been a different story!  Smiley Smiley  And... IT... STILL COULD BE!!!  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:43:59 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1891 on: March 17, 2016, 02:18:17 PM »

Smiley Smiley O.R.R. could you elaborate... I would LOVE to enlighten/delighten... Smiley Smiley

For one who wrote a book on the Doors, you'd think Andy would atleast post here about the band. He says his book vastly outsold his co-written BBs book. Even when Ray died, nary a word from the esteemed author:

Did it for money. Never a huge Doors fan. Less so after the book, especially Morrisson.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 17, 2016, 02:33:28 PM »

Smiley Smiley DEFEND?... Brian DEFEND himself... HA!  He didn't have Melinda then... or it might have been a different story!  Smiley Smiley  And... IT... STILL COULD BE!!!  Shocked

Rocky, I am reading this as someone(s) was paid to lie on the stand for Mike in the 1994 lawsuit? Was that person/ people granted immunity? Or that your involvement was also investigated and your were offered immunity?

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 17, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »

Did it for money. Never a huge Doors fan. Less so after the book, especially Morrisson.

I was right upfront for a Doors of the 21st Century Show with Robby, Ray and Ian. Seeing/hearing Robbie and Ray was pure magic, you really missed something!

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 17, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »

Smiley Smiley DEFEND?... Brian DEFEND himself... HA!  He didn't have Melinda then... or it might have been a different story!  Smiley Smiley  And... IT... STILL COULD BE!!!  Shocked

Rocky, I am reading this as someone(s) was paid to lie on the stand for Mike in the 1994 lawsuit? Was that person/ people granted immunity? Or that your involvement was also investigated and your were offered immunity?
[/quote Smiley Smiley O.R.R... Your just gonna HAVE TO READ THE BOOK! Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 17, 2016, 02:42:49 PM »

Smiley Smiley O.R.R... Your just gonna HAVE TO READ MY BOOK! Smiley Smiley  And there's SOOOOOH... MUCH MORE... You WON'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH MORE!!! Smiley Smiley  I POSTED merely "ONE" Chapter!  
Almost 84,000 reads in 3 MONTHS 1 week and 11/2 days! (Dec 9 to Mar 17) (minus the 2,300 reads in the "month" before I came aboard)  When there was just the "angry 13"!!! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:46:26 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 17, 2016, 03:04:04 PM »

Regardless of the actual TOTAL reads this thread has generated, what is the actual total of individial visitors ? That's the important factor to this 'publicity' push, if that's what it is...
Maybe 30 or 40 folk have contributed at a guess ? Maybe 50 ? Some posting many many times over the 70 of so pages ? That is the market you are aiming at Rocky to generate these huge sales figures you seem to think you will get. Sadly, you've isolated a good few of those now, myself included, so at best, you're looking at maybe 20-30 sales from this ridiculous ongoing scenario. Was it, is it worth it ? Is it now worth that proposed 'trip to the bank' you refer to ? Unless, of course, you and your bestie, 'Jack', are planning to make a movie based on your stories, starring you and... errrr, you ?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:29:01 PM by Malc » Logged

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 17, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »

Smiley Smiley DEFEND?... Brian DEFEND himself... HA!  He didn't have Melinda then... or it might have been a different story!  Smiley Smiley  And... IT... STILL COULD BE!!!  Shocked

Smiley Smiley Closer and Closer... Have you ever considered a career in law... or being a P.I?  Magnum O.R.R. Smiley Smiley  I HAVE "TOTAL IMMUNITY" and that's the name of that tune! LOL LOL
COME ON... Where are the sharks?  I'm ready for my AFTERNOON FEEDING!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:48:56 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 17, 2016, 03:24:02 PM »

I'm beginning to entertain the possibility that Pamplin is posting from not so much a gated community as a secure facility.
Smiley Smiley YOUR HEAD IS IN "not so much" a SECURE FACILITY... it's in a "TOILET!" LOL LOL  You and your new girlfriend, Stan! Smokin'  What,  Mike-y didn't keep you satisfied? ... Well, neither is Jackie!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:50:22 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 17, 2016, 03:52:46 PM »

Did I read last week that Rocky had decided not to post here any more?  Or am I imagining something?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx