gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:28:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489767 times)
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: March 08, 2016, 10:35:13 AM »

Or maybe the fact that everyone around him was treating him like a circus elephant made him angry.
Ang, maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen anyone doubt the idea that Brian Wilson had some fury or deny the possibility that he assaulted Mike Love. Do you think that's happening here?
I honestly think that some people are pointing out likely inaccuracies because they seem to be specific likely inaccuracies; or pointing out that Rocky's writing style makes everyone sound as uncouth and vulgar as he is (though it's working, I'm beginning to think they were); I don't think they are saying the essence of the whole thing is untrue.

No doubt some people are pointing out possible inaccuracies because they are sticklers for the truth. Some may also wish to believe that Brian and Mike, though having some differences, have a really good relationship. Perhaps it began that way - the evidence suggests there have been seriously bad patches at least.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 08, 2016, 10:42:31 AM »

Or maybe the fact that everyone around him was treating him like a circus elephant made him angry.
Ang, maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen anyone doubt the idea that Brian Wilson had some fury or deny the possibility that he assaulted Mike Love. Do you think that's happening here?
I honestly think that some people are pointing out likely inaccuracies because they seem to be specific likely inaccuracies; or pointing out that Rocky's writing style makes everyone sound as uncouth and vulgar as he is (though it's working, I'm beginning to think they were); I don't think they are saying the essence of the whole thing is untrue.

No doubt some people are pointing out possible inaccuracies because they are sticklers for the truth. Some may also wish to believe that Brian and Mike, though having some differences, have a really good relationship. Perhaps it began that way - the evidence suggests there have been seriously bad patches at least.
Well, if they believe that then I fully agree that they're off-base.
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 08, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »

I agree, but I think when it comes to relationships between band members (and family members), it's not all black or white. I can remember Brian having very nice words for both Mike and Carl as well as moments of what seems like rage or resentment at various stages in his life. I suppose it all depends on the moment he's asked to reflect on it... I think Brian will always say what comes to his mind without thinking of polishing his feelings.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:45:58 AM by catlag » Logged

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 08, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »

I agree, but I think when it comes to relationships between band members (and family members), it's not all black or white. I can remember Brian having very nice words for both Mike and Carl as well as moments of what seems like rage or resentment at various stages in his life. I suppose it all depends on the moment he's asked to reflect on it... I think Brian will always say what comes to his mind without thinking of polishing his feelings.

Of course things aren't black and white. The only black and white type of speak I ever hear is from Mike in his actual comments like these: "I know my relationship with Brian". "So no one can tell me how my relationship is with Brian.”

In other words: Mike is always right, and everyone else is always wrong. And any possible passive-aggressive action that Brian has ever taken against Mike has always, 100% for certain, been because of some outside (non-Mike) forces compelling Brian to do so. I can only fathom narcissists like Murry or Landy saying such black and white defensive drivel, but Mike's defensiveness and outright refusal to consider other points of view gives those nutjobs a run for their money.

I don't know why Mike doesn't come out and publicly say that he hates Melinda, and that he hates every single person surrounding Brian, past or present, because to make a statement like the one I just quoted of Mike's, it very much implies that it's absolutely, unquestionably, 100% everybody else's fault but his own that he and Brian have a strained relationship.  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:29:11 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 08, 2016, 11:48:51 AM »

Of course things aren't black and white. The only black and white type of speak I ever hear is from Mike in his actual comments like these: "I know my relationship with Brian". "So no one can tell me how my relationship is with Brian.”

In other words: Mike is always right, and everyone else is always wrong. And any possible passive-aggressive action that Brian has ever taken against Mike has always, 100% for certain, been because of some outside (non-Mike) forces compelling Brian to do so. I can only fathom people like Murry or Landy saying such black and white defensive drivel, but Mike's defensiveness and outright refusal to consider other points of view gives those nutjobs a run for their money.

I don't know why Mike doesn't come out and publicly say that he hates Melinda, and that he hates every single person surrounding Brian, past or present, because to make a statement like the one I just quoted of Mike's, it very specifically implies that it's absolutely, unquestionably, 100% everybody else's fault but his own that he and Brian have a strained relationship. 

Well, I'm fairly sure he also blames Brian because he did a lot of drugs and that messed up the money-making machine. That, of course, fails to acknowledge that Brian has been mentally ill for most of his life. To me, that's the whole thing about Mike: he can't recognize that Brian was sick and that it affected his whole life. When he needed help, he got only blame from his cousin. Of course, the whole truth can never be know about that particular relationship, but that's how I see it.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1580 on: March 09, 2016, 03:49:48 AM »

Eh, took 64 pages but we've wound up in the same old siding. Nice derail.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 09, 2016, 05:23:10 AM »

Eh, took 64 pages but we've wound up in the same old siding. Nice derail.

We had it coming, though. Rocky had promised a Mike story, we got it, and here we go again.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1582 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »

Pavlov was spot on.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 09, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »

Pavlov was spot on.

Is that the guy whose dog wrote the lyrics for Good Vibrations?

“We live in divisive times.”
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 09, 2016, 05:07:32 PM »

I think the time is right for Rocky Pamplin fanfic.  We should all come up with our own sample chapters in homage to Rocky.
ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 09, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »

I think the time is right for Rocky Pamplin fanfic.  We should all come up with our own sample chapters in homage to Rocky.

Who throws the first punch?

Or inserts the first emoticon?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 10, 2016, 06:47:55 AM »

A line-by-line turn-taking joint effort, or a write-it-on-your-own-and-submit kind of thing?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 10, 2016, 06:49:23 AM »

Madlibs?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 10, 2016, 07:05:40 AM »

A line-by-line turn-taking joint effort, or a write-it-on-your-own-and-submit kind of thing?

Line by line would be cool. We used to do this back at the old Capitol Board (The Adventures of My Glove and The Beachy Heads).

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 10, 2016, 07:38:27 AM »

Smiley Good Mourning SMILE  Smiley Smiley My AWARD WINNING manager said I can GIVE YOU GIRLS another CHAPTER... We added a NEW chapter... Its called like I always told MAGNA CUM LAUDE Steve about Mike LOVELESS... STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...  Tongue Dead Horse group hug w00t! Ninja its about MY TIME after I SAVED BRIANS LIFE!!!  police Afro dennis when I was a MILLIONAIRE CAMEL MAN!!!

- - -

OK, who's next?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: March 10, 2016, 08:07:19 AM »

Smiley Good Mourning SMILE  Smiley Smiley My AWARD WINNING manager said I can GIVE YOU GIRLS another CHAPTER... We added a NEW chapter... Its called like I always told MAGNA CUM LAUDE Steve about Mike LOVELESS... STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...  Tongue Dead Horse group hug w00t! Ninja its about MY TIME after I SAVED BRIANS LIFE!!!  police Afro dennis when I was a MILLIONAIRE CAMEL MAN!!!

- - -

OK, who's next?
Smiley NOT BAD, EMILY... You've made me laugh for the first time... you've captured my "POSTING" style!  You may become a writer yet... there might be hope for you  LOL OK... so you're BEGGING FOR ANOTHER CHAPTER... I can understand that!  And there are 36 chapters... that was just "ONE"... that illustrates Brian's feelings towards "Mike," but my manager says you and "the angry 13" GIRLS don't deserve another chapter because you GIRLS have been too NASTY!  He says I've become combative and hostile as a result of being exposed to your negativity!  Smiley Smiley  And... your NASTINESS precludes you from receiving the conclusion of Barefootin'... and WHAT HAPPENS TO BRIAN... that you DIDN"T even care about!  I will tell you... Brian DID NOT GET TO MINNESOTA... but I won't tell you what "ACTUALLY HAPPENED"... unless you say "PLEASE" with sugar on top LOL LOL I'm feeling generous because I'm almost at 75,000 reads  Kiss
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:27:35 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 10, 2016, 08:41:28 AM »

C'mon Rocky, be your own man. Are you gonna let that publisher tell you what you can and can't do? YOU'RE the author, it's YOUR book, YOU decide whether you post more here or not.

Hell, if my publisher told me want to do in front of a crowded message board, I'd knock his whimp-ass lights out.

Rocky is as Rocky does! Be a hero! Feed the hunger! Eat more Wheaties!

“We live in divisive times.”
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 10, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »

Smiley Manless... you will have to drop that stuff at the bottom of your posts if you want the SMILE READERS to have more...  Evil LOL Evil
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:48:29 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 10, 2016, 08:47:15 AM »

Rocky, you're right! We don't even care about Brian! We only care about YOU!
RO-CKY! RO-CKY! RO-CKY!
Rock!

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 10, 2016, 08:50:21 AM »

Rocky, you're right! We don't even care about Brian! We only care about YOU!
RO-CKY! RO-CKY! RO-CKY!
Rock!
Smiley And catlag... you will have to post "TEAMROCKY" w00t!Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:54:26 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 10, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »

Smiley Manless... you will have to drop that stuff at the bottom of your posts if you want the SMILE READERS to have more...  Evil LOL Evil
Huh Lol.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 10, 2016, 11:07:53 AM »

Smiley Good Mourning SMILE  Smiley Smiley My AWARD WINNING manager said I can GIVE YOU GIRLS another CHAPTER... We added a NEW chapter... Its called like I always told MAGNA CUM LAUDE Steve about Mike LOVELESS... STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...  Tongue Dead Horse group hug w00t! Ninja its about MY TIME after I SAVED BRIANS LIFE!!!  police Afro dennis when I was a MILLIONAIRE CAMEL MAN!!!

- - -

OK, who's next?
Smiley NOT BAD, EMILY... You've made me laugh for the first time... you've captured my "POSTING" style!  You may become a writer yet... there might be hope for you  LOL OK... so you're BEGGING FOR ANOTHER CHAPTER... I can understand that!  And there are 36 chapters... that was just "ONE"... that illustrates Brian's feelings towards "Mike," but my manager says you and "the angry 13" GIRLS don't deserve another chapter because you GIRLS have been too NASTY!  He says I've become combative and hostile as a result of being exposed to your negativity!  Smiley Smiley  And... your NASTINESS precludes you from receiving the conclusion of Barefootin'... and WHAT HAPPENS TO BRIAN... that you DIDN"T even care about!  I will tell you... Brian DID NOT GET TO MINNESOTA... but I won't tell you what "ACTUALLY HAPPENED"... unless you say "PLEASE" with sugar on top LOL LOL I'm feeling generous because I'm almost at 75,000 reads  Kiss

I believe you can generally take the amount of reads on a Smiley Smile thread times 10 to get the amount of books that will sell in the first week.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1597 on: March 10, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »

Hey Rocky... you still living in your van ?

As for 75,000 reads, I'm guessing you're responsible for maybe 100 of those. You gonna buy 100 copies of your own book ?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:36:20 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 10, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »

Hey Rocky... you still living in your van ?

If Rocky's got a van, I bet it's got some killer '70s shag carpeting.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 10, 2016, 11:35:03 AM »

And a UFO picture on the outside! 3D

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx