gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:55:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489957 times)
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 06, 2016, 12:06:07 AM »

Smiley Well, I'm bored... Good night ladies and gentlemen... You too, Emily! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:46:11 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 06, 2016, 12:28:00 AM »

How long are we going to let this freakshow continue?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 06, 2016, 12:44:18 AM »

So how is it that the Rockstar completely ignores the fact that his story about the Chicago parade has been brought into question and, dare I say it, disproven ? Is this an admission that, just maybe, he has stretched the tale just that little bit too far and his memory is not as accurate as he thought ? Or maybe it was the facts were inaccurate all along and maybe he was simply confusing Chicago for Kokomo. Or maybe even Brian for Dennis. Or day for night. After all, would anyone go so far as to CHECK such recollections from years gone by ?  Does this mean a hasty rewrite for the entire volume ? Will all the grey areas that, maybe, a certain amount of artistic licensing were utilised in be removed completely ? Heaven forbid... but how many chapters will that result in removing ? How many pages of accurate facts will that leave us with ??
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:45:14 AM by Malc » Logged

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 06, 2016, 12:50:10 AM »

The problem with truth is that it's a very variable concept - your truth may be my cause of great hilarity, and vice versa - and a highly perishable commodity. "What is truth, said jesting Pilate, and would not stay for an answer".
Smiley Doe boy... you're just CRAZY! LOL LOL In a common kind of way...

T shirt.  Grin
LOL Doe boy... could you share your t- shirt with emily... she's so lonely... and desperate for attention! LOL LOL

When it comes to sharing Rocky, you lead the way. What haven't you shared, you big hunk o'lovin'?

“We live in divisive times.”
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 06, 2016, 01:59:18 AM »

Rocky is wearing the Emperor's New Clothes in the Wheaties photo

At least we've been warned this time. Cool Guy

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: March 06, 2016, 09:48:58 AM »

Smiley Smiley Good Morning Smile Readers,  To start with... I am now posting on weekends and at what times I choose.  There are a couple things I will make clear. First... as I have stated... my book "Wipeout" is a memoir... not a documentary!  As much as I enjoy making the fact checkers crazy... running around proving and disproving "FACTS!"  So, when it comes to certain "facts" I do take some artistic license.  Now, in regards to the Parade... It happened... and it was shocking!  Shocking for two reasons:  One was because I had never seen a violent side of Brian before. Except for the occasional verbal outburst, by Brian, which was always in relation to Mike, the only non-passive behavior I ever witnessed from Brian was on y directed towards Mike!  The "Parade Incident" took place... with the "Clown"... and it was shocking to me as well as to Stan.  We could not believe our own eyes... but "IT HAPPENED"!!! Why a poor innocent unsuspecting clown?  You'll have to ask Brian.  So here is the admission...    "I am not certain it was in Chicago."  It did occur after Brian threw up on the shoes of some poor guy named Ralph.  The attack on a "Clown" in a "Parade" may have been in Des Moines?  The IMPORTANT FACT IS THAT IT HAPPENED! And when Brian was asked by Stan, "What was that about?" Brian's answer was, "I thought it was Mike!" To which Stan then said... "MY brother Mike?" Again, Brian confirmed... "He looked like Mike to me!"  However, MORE IMPORTANTLY, Brian did attack Mike with a ferocious "Surfer Stomp" backstage at a concert in plain view of dozens of witnesses!  Brian was not trying to be discrete!  He was making a STATEMENT!  Now, once again... my favorite part is coming up in the next segment.  You won't want to miss it!  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:29:08 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 06, 2016, 09:57:42 AM »

Smiley Smiley Good Morning Smile Readers,  to start with... I am now posting on weekend's and at what times I choose.  There are a couple things I will make clear. First... as I have stated... my book "Wipeout" is a "Memoir"... not a documentary! As much as I enjoy making the Fact Checkers crazy... running around proving and disproving "FACTS!"  So, when it comes to certain "facts" I do take some artistic licence. Now, in regards to the Parade... It Happened... and it was shocking! Shocking for two reasons... one was because I had never seen a violent side of Brian before. Except for the occasional verbal outburst, by Brian, which was always in relation to Mike! The only non-passive behavior I ever witnessed from Brian was only directed towards Mike! The "Parade Incident" took place... with the "Clown"... and it was shocking to me! Why a poor innocent unsuspecting clown?  So here is the admission...    "I am not certain it was in Chicago?" It did occur after Brian threw up on some poor guy named Ralph.  The attack on a "Clown" in a "Parade"may have been in Des Moines?  The IMPORTANT Fact is that Brian said... when asked by Stan..."what the hell was that ?" Brian's answer was "I thought it was Mike!" To which Stan then said... "MY brother Mike?" Again Brian confirmed... "He looked like Mike to me!  However, even more important... Brian did attack Mike with a ferocious "Surfer Stomp" backstage at the Concert in plain view of dozens of witnesses! Brian was not trying to be discrete!  He was making a STATEMENT!  Now, once again... my favorite part is coming up in the next segment. You won't want to miss it!  Smiley Smiley

You'd better check with the kohkohdoester on this even though he wasn't there. Just sayin'. Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 06, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »

Smiley Smiley The "Legendary"? (in your mind)  You are a legendary kohkohdoester... COCONUT!  Keep puffin  LOL Smokin
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:16:08 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 06, 2016, 11:22:09 AM »

Memoirs are meant to be factual. So this is a fictionalization. A novel. Good to know.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 06, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »

Memoirs are meant to be factual. So this is a fictionalization. A novel. Good to know.
 Smiley Smiley It's "FACTION"... A "Memoir" based on fact!  It's not a chronological documentary... how boring!  I can surely see that you and "the angry 13" are nowhere near bored!  Nor are THE EVER-LOVING SMILE READERS... (not to be confused with the haters} who have me up to... (by the end of the day)... OVER... 70,000 reads... since December 9th... a span of not even 3 months!  LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:35:41 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 06, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »

Cheesy Rocky, there are actual agreed-upon definitions for literary genres. Memoirs are meant to be factual. If it is not factual, it is fiction. So a fictionalized history 'based on fact' is fiction. That's how your book will be classified if it does not pass fact-checking.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 06, 2016, 11:50:33 AM »

Would Stan remember? Of course nobody has total recall, Mike and Brian have disagreed on where and when they wrote certain songs. Crosby, Stills and Nash can't agree on where they first sang together. I don't know where I put my car keys....
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: March 06, 2016, 11:55:32 AM »

Cheesy Rocky, there are actual agreed-upon definitions for literary genres. Memoirs are meant to be factual. If it is not factual, it is fiction. So a fictionalized history 'based on fact' is fiction. That's how your book will be classified if it does not pass fact-checking.

Very true.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 06, 2016, 12:06:52 PM »

Smiley YES... ALWAYS JUICED juice... Stan would  REMEMBER... whether he will REVEAL the TRUTH is anybody's GUESS!  If he can remember anything? Smokin'  Stan once told his brother Stephen that he is a "LIAR"... that he has always been a "Liar"!  But because Stan's basketball career... or lack of one... was such a "BUST" he CLUTCHES onto any modicum of celebrity... which is his brother  mike's  "CLOWN CAREER"  LOL LOL  Which I'm sure Brian will agree with me on... Brian gave "Mike" the dubious distinction as "THE CLOWN" that day in the PARADE!  
     Let's not forget "Man vs Clown"  (Why I Hate Mike Love)... It's been around a long time... I wonder how many reads it has?  Shocked Shocked  (fact checkers go to work)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:32:39 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 06, 2016, 12:53:22 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, the first Rocky Pamplin GIF.

Smiley Smiley  Big Daddy... Thank You for Posting This... I Love it... you might even say I'm EATING IT UP!  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:55:28 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1465 on: March 06, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

Pro basketball career of Stan Love:

9th pick in the 1971 NBA draft

1971-72 Baltimore 74 games NBA - division champions, conference semifinals
1972-73 Baltimore 72 games NBA - division champions, conference semifinals
1973-74 Lakers 51 games NBA - division champions, conference semifinals
1974-75 Lakers 30 games NBA
1974-75 San Antonio 12 games ABA - 2nd in division, division semifinals

Pro football career of Rushton Pamplin:

5th pick 10th round (239th overall) of the 1971 NFL draft

1971 New Orleans cut in pre-season
197? Montreal (CFL) cut in pre-season

Guess they've redefined the meaning of "bust" since I last checked.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 06, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »

Smiley Smiley So it's not only mike-y that your in love with "doe boy" ask Stan how many splinters he picked out of his A*ss... (you two have that thing in common)  He never started a single game... for a 1st round pick... that is the definition of a "BUST"! Smiley Smiley  I did over 30 National Commercials... and then I won "The International Camel Man" job!  I made over TWO MILLION DOLLARS in My MODELING CAREER ... Stan signed ONE contract for a half mil... and they hated paying him it for picking splinters and smoking. LOL Smokin
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:17:24 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1467 on: March 06, 2016, 01:12:27 PM »

And the "clown" episode...

Ignoring the fact that we've been told it was Chicago, no if ands or buts, the band did play Des Moines, in 1977 at the Iowa State Fair on August 22nd. Now, to kick off the 11 day State Fair, there's a parade from downtown to the fairgrounds: it's the state's biggest parade, so of course, there will be clowns. So far, so good.

However...

The 1977 fair kicked off on August 18th and ran until the 28th, thus the 22nd didn't coincide with the opening parade. So, no clown asskicking, which would most certainly have been reported in any case at such a prestigious and newsworthy event had it occurred on any day.

Daro redux ?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1468 on: March 06, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »

Smiley Smiley So it's not only mike-y that your in love with "doe boy" ask Stan how many splinters he picked out of his A*ss... (you two have that thing in common)  He never started a single game... for a 1st round pick... that is the definition of a "BUST"! Smiley Smiley

How many NFL or CFL games did you start ?

ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 06, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »

There is a genre called Creative Nonfiction (CNF), under which memoir fits. There are debates in the field about how factual CNF has to be.  With memoir, it's understood that memory has its limits and "truth" is not always "fact."  Using "I" pretty much indicates to anyone it's to the best memory of the writer.  You can't make stuff up, but it's not the same as journalism or history.

When in doubt, however, leave out dates or places unless you have notebooks or journals from the time. Memory is a tricky thing.

Ok, back to popcorn.

ETA: At that time, actually, it probably wouldn't have gotten reported.  Celebrity stuff wasn't that big a deal.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:23:31 PM by ChicagoAnn » Logged
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: March 06, 2016, 01:29:43 PM »

Smiley Smiley So it's not only mike-y that your in love with "doe boy" ask Stan how many splinters he picked out of his A*ss... (you two have that thing in common)  He never started a single game... for a 1st round pick... that is the definition of a "BUST"! Smiley Smiley  I did over 30 National Commercials... and then I won "The International Camel Man" job!  I made over TWO MILLION DOLLARS in My MODELING CAREER ... Stan signed ONE contract for a half mil... and they hated paying him it for picking splinters and smoking. LOL Smokin

And yet, you still had to stoop to being a male prostitute? That ain't good, Rock.

I'm confused. Are people genuinely taken with this guy, or is this sort of like everyone is joking around, and Rocky Raccoon isn't in on the joke? Reminds me of the Daro situation a bit. A dirtbag who shows up and wants to tell his story, and a lot of it seems to be BS, or half-truths. And no amount of "quotation marks" and  Smiley Smiley LOL LOL can turn a turd into a diamond.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 06, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »

Most of us get the joke...
Rocky, not so much...
Wait for it... Rocky will now resort to name-calling...
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 06, 2016, 01:43:25 PM »

Smiley Smiley  Verlander...?   It's great YOU'RE A TURD EXPERT... it will come in HANDY... when you're SUED for SLANDER!  LOL LOL   And you will be... GET A LAWYER... and you will lose!... maybe Stan and Mike will pay for your lawyer  LOL  LOL     Name calling... I leave that to "the angry 13"  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:16:29 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 06, 2016, 01:49:54 PM »

There is a genre called Creative Nonfiction (CNF), under which memoir fits. There are debates in the field about how factual CNF has to be.  With memoir, it's understood that memory has its limits and "truth" is not always "fact."  Using "I" pretty much indicates to anyone it's to the best memory of the writer.  You can't make stuff up, but it's not the same as journalism or history.

When in doubt, however, leave out dates or places unless you have notebooks or journals from the time. Memory is a tricky thing.

Ok, back to popcorn.

ETA: At that time, actually, it probably wouldn't have gotten reported.  Celebrity stuff wasn't that big a deal.
Obviously memoirs are subject to perspective, but what is reported in a memoir as hard fact, i.e. dates, places, are meant to be correct in a nonfiction category. This is not debated. And local news would certainly report an assault on a parade clown, celebrity assailant or not. Have none of you ever read your local newspaper?
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 06, 2016, 01:50:53 PM »

Smiley Well, I'm bored... Good night ladies and gentlemen... You too, Emily! LOL LOL

I'm bored with you, but I'm always into talking about Asterix and Obelix!!!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx