gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:19:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489798 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 01, 2016, 09:09:09 AM »

Strikes me as odd that someone employed to mind a troubled rock star would publicise the fact that on two occasions, while under his caring watchful eye, his ward manage to slip away and assaulted firstly a stranger and then his own cousin. The same minder who's already 'fessed up to his part in assaults on the guy's brothers. Seems his lack of judgement hasn't diminished any in the intervening 45 years. That he should dig this stuff up now - whether it's true or not - as entertainment and for profit suggests he's never given a sh*t about BW at any time. Even though he was clearly Brian's best mate…

“We live in divisive times.”
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 01, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »

Strikes me as odd that someone employed to mind a troubled rock star would publicise the fact that on two occasions, while under his caring watchful eye, his ward manage to slip away and assaulted firstly a stranger and then his own cousin. The same minder who's already 'fessed up to his part in assaults on the guy's brothers. Seems his lack of judgement hasn't diminished any in the intervening 45 years. That he should dig this stuff up now - whether it's true or not - as entertainment and for profit suggests he's never given a sh*t about BW at any time. Even though he was clearly Brian's best mate…
Brian also supposedly OD'd and escaped on to a plane to Minnesota while being "guarded."
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 01, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »

Trying to figure out just why it's difficult to accept why Brian laid into myKe luHv. It's a no brainer if I ever heard one. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't deck Murry at one time or another.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 01, 2016, 11:05:21 AM »

Trying to figure out just why it's difficult to accept why Brian laid into myKe luHv. It's a no brainer if I ever heard one. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't deck Murry at one time or another.
I, personally, am not doubting as a concept that Brian snapped either at Murry or Mike Love (or anyone really, it can happen). eta: he was being treated like a circus elephant at this point, and we all know what happens when they get loose - they justifiably are not happy with humans.
I'm a bit skeptical, however, of an unreported public brawl with a parade clown.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:08:05 AM by Emily » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 01, 2016, 11:18:45 AM »

I, personally, am not doubting as a concept that Brian snapped either at Murry or Mike Love (or anyone really, it can happen). eta: he was being treated like a circus elephant at this point, and we all know what happens when they get loose - they justifiably are not happy with humans.
I'm a bit skeptical, however, of an unreported public brawl with a parade clown.

Brian wasn't a Beatle. He was (and is) still relatively anonymous to a great many people in the public, especially with as many inconsistent different looks/weights he's had. I could imagine this happened as described, and could easily have slipped under the radar of it being reported.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 01, 2016, 11:23:13 AM »

Brian wasn't a Beatle. He was (and is) still relatively anonymous to a great many people in the public, especially with as many inconsistent different looks/weights he's had. I could imagine this happened as described, and could easily have slipped under the radar of it being reported.
I think anyone assaulting a clown in a parade would be reported in the local news. And I think that Brian Wilson was familiar enough to the media that when they reported a man assaulting a clown, they would have noticed that that man was Brian Wilson.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 01, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »

Rocky, this is in Chicago, as was the time he got on the plane to Minnesota. Was it the same visit? Was it one visit that he drank too much and vomited in a bar, assaulted a clown, assaulted Mike Love, went in the morning to an airport bar and got someone to buy him drinks and a plane ticket to Minnesota and got on that plane?
Maybe someone should've been keeping an eye on him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:36:01 AM by Emily » Logged
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 01, 2016, 11:38:24 AM »

It does strike me as odd that someone as famous and recognisable as Brian Wilson could do something as eye-catching and conspicuous as PUNCHING A CLOWN in public, in broad daylight and with an actual parade going on (and hence innumerable potential witnesses), and that this would be the first that anyone would have heard of the story.
My thought.

He also claimed Star Wars was the crummy movie Brian was watching literally with his hands on his chin that Brian walked out of to go home and write Love and Mercy. Of all the movies full of all kinds of violence in all the world it had to be.....Star Wars?

Maybe it's me, but some of you have me very worried.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 01, 2016, 11:49:19 AM »

Rocky is really Forrest Gump...
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 01, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »

What's the difference between Rocky and savings bonds?
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 01, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »

Savings bonds eventually reach maturity...
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 01, 2016, 12:38:31 PM »

I think anyone assaulting a clown in a parade would be reported in the local news. And I think that Brian Wilson was familiar enough to the media that when they reported a man assaulting a clown, they would have noticed that that man was Brian Wilson.

Who among us hasn't resisted the temptation to punch a clown. They're generally way too happy, and frankly they just freak me out. Not that I would condone such behavior of course. Now mimes on the other hand...they deserve to get their ass kicked.  Evil

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 01, 2016, 12:48:58 PM »

In 2016 with everyone having iPhones? Yep. In the late 70s, all it took would have been no media/news people in eyeshot of the punching incident (this doesn't seem too terribly unlikely), no bystanders who recognized Brian who called the news (this doesn't seem too terribly unlikely either), and a clown who just feared for his safety and slunk away... or called the cops, but the cops arrived after Brian left. Much stranger stuff has happened, and many more heinous actions by celebrities have slipped through the cracks without generating news, I'm sure. If you doubt Rocky just because you think he's making it up, that's one thing, but I don't see anything inherently too unbelievable in the story.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:49:52 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 01, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »

In 2016 with everyone having iPhones? Yep. In the late 70s, all it took would have been no media/news people in eyeshot of the punching incident (this doesn't seem too terribly unlikely), no bystanders who recognized Brian who called the news (this doesn't seem too terribly unlikely either), and a clown who just feared for his safety and slunk away... or called the cops, but the cops arrived after Brian left. Much stranger stuff has happened, and many more heinous actions by celebrities have slipped through the cracks without generating news, I'm sure. If you doubt Rocky just because you think he's making it up, that's one thing, but I don't see anything inherently too unbelievable in the story.
It's true, people have been abducted by aliens, so stranger things have happened. But usually parades are held specifically for politicians and the like to get mentioned in the media. There's always local media there. And this is Chicago; there's plenty of local media. One wouldn't have to call the news; they'd be there already. So, we disagree.
Doo dah - when I was a child I had recurring nightmares about Ronald McDonald. If I saw him, I couldn't be held liable for launching an all-out attack.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #1339 on: March 01, 2016, 02:15:32 PM »

I anxiously await Segment 7. Even with the possibility of this being completely fictional, I am still laughing my ass off from reading about the clown assault last night.

Doodah, mimes shouldn't get their asses kicked. They should be news anchors and weather people and all sorts of other mostly speaking roles.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 01, 2016, 02:19:47 PM »

Or in Las Vegas. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 01, 2016, 02:43:27 PM »

Andrew, please start  adding these events to the Bellagio 10452 Timeline, posthaste.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 01, 2016, 02:54:15 PM »

'You can't make this stuff up'?

No, I can't imagine ANY book about the Beach Boys EVER containing ANY information that isn't ABSOLUTELY true.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:56:37 PM by Ang Jones » Logged
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 01, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »

Methinks all of you logic-seeking missiles are forgetting the spectral presence of Zeppo Wilson, who had the preternatural "good timing" to be on hand during the roiling late 70s whenever Brian was in a "wild situation" (often, as the title implies, with Dennis in tow...) and handed out gobs of cash to keep the incident from hitting the tabloids.

Clearly we should never forget that for every devil's advocate in the Beach Boys saga, there is a deus ex machina....  3D
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 01, 2016, 03:48:44 PM »

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Rocky on the fact that this thread is currently the 18th most-viewed in the history of the board (General On Topic Discussions).

The charts as they stand:

SMiLE Sessions box set!                                                582382
Thread for various insignificant questions…                     399003
New album info (as it rolls out...)                                   270430
New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!                                 219943
*Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread                  185686
Love and Mercy - News and Reviews…                           155164
MiC up for order on Amazon, August release                   138553   
The Weirdest Photos Of Mike Love You Can Find             136530
"Made in California" Box Set                                         128608   
Mike and Bruce Tour 2015                                           104165
"That's Why God Made The Radio" Single!                     88549   
50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out)               80805
New Beach Boys release will make you 'SMiLE'               80191
Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again                                  78577
Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set…                      78262   
Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates                               69313   
Donations                                                                   63286
Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?                  61312

I don't know why I just did that…

This thread has gone up on e place in the charts, overtaking "Donations". In terms of most replies, it's actually broken into the top ten. It's like Donald Trump, popular and full of momentum for all the wrongest reasonisms.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 01, 2016, 03:59:06 PM »

It does strike me as odd that someone as famous and recognisable as Brian Wilson could do something as eye-catching and conspicuous as PUNCHING A CLOWN in public, in broad daylight and with an actual parade going on (and hence innumerable potential witnesses), and that this would be the first that anyone would have heard of the story.
My thought.

He also claimed Star Wars was the crummy movie Brian was watching literally with his hands on his chin that Brian walked out of to go home and write Love and Mercy. Of all the movies full of all kinds of violence in all the world it had to be.....Star Wars?

Maybe it's me, but some of you have me very worried.

So we can add 'Coulrophobia' (fear of clowns) to Brian's list of ailments now?

If Brian was writing L&M back in the 70s then Mike was writing 'Kokomo' of course. Perfectly feasible Brian heard Mike  singing " Down at the Florida Keys....", had a fit and whacked Mike in the gonads. It's all so clear if you think about it! Wink
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 01, 2016, 07:14:59 PM »

Well, we sure LOOOOOOOOOOVE to talk about our Beach Boys. Touch Brian, and things get worse. This place is a gold mine for anyone trying to write a book about the Beach Boys/BW. Passionate fans buy books. If Rocky was motivated by his desire to get recognition, for better or for worse, of his role in the BB history, instead of money and a minor claim to fame, that would be fine. But it just seems distateful to me, the way it's done. Pages of Brian doing this and that, acting crazy. Because he was... he was sick and it's not right that those stories should be taken out of context. It's... disrespectful. I think that Brian deserves better than that.

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 01, 2016, 11:47:02 PM »

We should set Rocky up on a date with Carol Kaye and together, they can reminisce about things that never happened and bond over their mutual dislike of Andrew G. Doe.  It's a perfect match made in Hell.  Evil

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 01, 2016, 11:56:13 PM »

We should set Rocky up on a date with Carol Kaye and together, they can reminisce about things that never happened and bond over their mutual dislike of Andrew G. Doe.  It's a perfect match made in Hell.  Evil

Yeah but Rocky would lamp Carol and Carol would claim she'd played with his parts…

Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 02, 2016, 12:43:22 AM »

Assault happens on a daily basis, I don't think every assault is reported to their respective local radio station.  If you don't believe Rocky why not just say so without the rubbish excuses lol  LOL

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:56:43 AM by Pacific Ocean Blue » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx