gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:57:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489733 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: February 27, 2016, 12:57:01 PM »

Smiley Oregon River Rider, I am replying... as per your personal  E-mail  request for a GOOD Mike story... informing you that the next segment of "Wha--Ooh" will be not only a "GOOD" Mike story... but it will be a "GREAT" Mike story... "THE MOST REVEALING" ... Mike Story... ANY of YOU have NEVER HEARD!   This ACTUAL OCCURRENCE  will MAKE CLEAR ALL SPECULATION  and CONTROVERSY... about "HOW BRIAN REALLY FEELS ABOUT MIKE"  So hold on to your hat... and BRACE YOURSELVES! There are many WITNESSES to this BACKSTAGE REVELATION... People who were actually in the "VIP" PRIVATE secluded area! There are also TWO other accompanying scenes... "ONE" took place 1/2 hour before the HIGHLY VISIBLE "MAIN EVENT"... and the "2nd"...FOLLOW UP EXPLOSION... occurring minutes "AFTER!"  The latter spectacular "HEAVY WEIGHT EVENT"... is my favorite!!! Smiley Smiley 

Thanks Rocky. We have had such wonderful stories about Dennis, Carl and Brian so far. Hey, don't forget about Al!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: February 29, 2016, 12:02:06 PM »

Smiley Segment 6:  "Wha--Ooh"

When we got back to the hotel, we only had about an hour before we needed to depart for the stadium where the band was appearing that night.  So Brian plopped down on the king-sized bed and took a power nap.  Stan stretched out on the living room sofa and thumbed through the hotel tourist guide magazine while snacking from the complimentary fruit basket.  I called Marilyn to give her a quick update without mentioning anything about Ralph.
     A very strange thing happened that evening.  When the three of us walked out of the hotel, there happened to be a parade going by right in front of the lobby, with this colorfully dressed clown juggling three red balls in the air, the same size and color as his nose, bopping up and down as he danced along.  Out of the blue, Brian bolted right into the thick of things and started flailing away at the totally unsuspecting clown.  Caught completely off guard, it took Stan and me a second or two to react and push our way into the crowd to grab Brian.  We pulled him off the poor clown, who was frantically covering up his head to fend off Brian's flurry of punches.  The thing that was so startling and shocking about the attack is that Brian is ordinarily a totally nonviolent, passive person.  He's never been in a fist fight in his life.
     When asked by Stan, "What the hell was that?!"  Brian said, "I thought it was Mike."
     A bewildered Stan asked, "My brother Mike?  You thought that clown was Mike?"
     "Yeah," Brian confirmed.  "He looked like Mike to me!"
     Later, the three of us had to go around the corner because of the parade activity to get to the limo for the ride to the concert.  Stan and I were pretty much in shock by this violent lashing out by Brian, especially because he said he thought the clown looked like Mike.  No one talked much on the ride, which wasn't surprising considering the implications of Brian's bizarre hostile act.  It was an introspective, contemplative ride.  Brian appeared to have settled down by the time we got to the venue.  As we exited the limo and entered the backstage talent entrance, which was roped off and guarded, we started walking toward the hospitality section where the other Beach Boys were scattered about schmoozing with various VIPs and so forth, "holding court," as they say in show business.
     But just when Stephen stepped up to greet Brian with a handshake, Brian uncharacteristically hugged Stephen.  Everyone noticed this atypical gesture and turned their heads.  A few cast curious looks.  Brian then suddenly broke off from the unusual show of affection and once again bolted, this time directly behind Stephen towards Mike, who was standing with his back against a wall, and launched a ferocious surfer stomp kick into Mike's groin! Having just a split second to react to the charging bull-like Brian, Mike luckily avoided a direct hit to his testicles.  But there definitely was considerable pain inflicted, as evidenced by the grimace on his face and his now very pale complexion.  Stan, who had already shaken hands with Stephen and was about to do the same with Mike, grabbed Brian before he could get off another kick.
     Completely shocked, I put my arm around Brian and gently turned him around, saying, "Easy, big fella."  Still stunned, I asked, "What's going on, Brian?  Talk to me."
     Brian said, "I'm cool.  I'm cool now.  That's just something I should have done a long time ago!"
     Mike, unsurprisingly, was in a state of shock.  He was embarrassed at the spectacle created by his well-known nonviolent peacenik first cousin in front of dozens of stunned-into-silence onlookers.  Brian was nonchalant about the whole thing and carried on a very casual conversation with Stephen about, of all things, surfing!
     "So you really like to surf, Steve?"
     Stephen smiled and said, "Brian, I love to surf."
     Brian asked, "Can I go with you sometime?  I'll probably fall on my ass, but so what?  We'll have fun!"
     Stephen laughed knowingly and said, "Everyone falls on their ass, that's part of the fun.  You wipeout... and you get back up again.  Just like in life!"
     Brian said, "Yeah, that's right.  But do you think I can learn to surf, Steve?"
     Stephen winked at Brian and proclaimed: "Brian, you were a football player.  I have no doubt you can become a surfer!"
(Segment 7 to follow) Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:16:06 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 29, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »

#TeamRocky
#TeamClown
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 29, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »

Brian's lucky the clown in the parade didn't deck him or press charges.  That incident is further proof Brian should have been placed in a mental hospital until his condition was under control.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 29, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »

Brian's lucky the clown in the parade didn't deck him or press charges.  That incident is further proof Brian should have been placed in a mental hospital until his condition was under control.

Brian seems to have been surrounded by clowns on that occasion.

“We live in divisive times.”
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: February 29, 2016, 05:55:18 PM »

Wow. Man vs. Clown, indeed!

You can't make this stuff up.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 29, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »

Brian's lucky the clown in the parade didn't deck him or press charges.  That incident is further proof B Happy Dance :thudrian should have been placed in a mental hospital until his condition was under control.

Smiley The BIGGEST CLOWN is YOUR BOY...mike-y... and then YOU!  He's not paying you enough, chump LOL  Course you're not doing enough!   You both suck LOL   LOL  The GREATEST MELTDOWN ever to be filmed... is THE CLOWN mike-y... at THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME induction ceremony in 1988.   THE BIGGEST FOOL to EVER STEP FOOT ON A STAGE... He will NEVER be able to ESCAPE THIS SELF-INFLICTED SOCIAL SUICIDE...  And he wonders why the whole world thinks he's a CLOWN!  Angry   Thud Wall  Thud
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:11:09 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 29, 2016, 08:21:41 PM »

Brian's lucky the clown in the parade didn't deck him or press charges.  That incident is further proof Brian should have been placed in a mental hospital until his condition was under control.

Smiley The BIGGEST CLOWN is YOUR BOY...mike-y... and then you! He's not paying you enough chump LOL  course your not doing a good enough job either! You both suck! LOL LOL

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up  Great story, Rocky, especially Brian tagging the clown as a  myKe luHv look alike. I've always hoped that Brian would somehow get the chance to clean luHv's clock, especially in the nuts, and although you say he missed his target, he still delivered some much deserved pain to the luHvster. Fantastic, man, you made my day.  Happy Dance

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 29, 2016, 08:30:19 PM »

Smiley Your right Doo Dah... You can't make this stuff UP!  THE TRUTH ALWAYS HURTS THE WORST!  But there was MUCH PAIN to the love-apples LOL LOL Just  not enough weenie...   Banana Dead Horse Banana
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:21:58 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1309 on: February 29, 2016, 09:41:39 PM »

I beg to differ...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 29, 2016, 11:35:45 PM »

I beg to differ...
Smiley BEG... Now I know what you're doing down there in that position...YOU'RE BEGGING LOL  What are your begging for?..I don't know...maybe a bowel movement?   LOL    It looks like you're looking to see where your MANHOOD WENT!... NOTHING THERE?... OH WELL... KEEP BEGGING! LOL LOL  Beg Mike for a raise! Ahhh! Ahhh! Que? Beer Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:43:29 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1311 on: March 01, 2016, 02:59:40 AM »

You silver tongued charmer, you. Gimme a kiss. Grin

Seriously though, is this person of questionable literacy exempt from the board rules ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:01:54 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 01, 2016, 03:32:47 AM »

I just found a shiny new Wheat Penny.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 01, 2016, 04:02:21 AM »

y

Seriously though, is this person of questionable literacy exempt from the board rules ?
Smiley  With a picture like that representing you... you talk about literacy... and rules?  LOL  I question your SANITY... and quit kissing that toilet bowl! You're going to spread something!  "Mike's minions" Psyche!  "manning,micha,mott" Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:45:19 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1314 on: March 01, 2016, 04:27:12 AM »

Used to have a Tshirt that said "I refuse to enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent". Don't know why, but I suddenly remembered it...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:29:44 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 01, 2016, 04:40:24 AM »

Ye gods. Someone here is steadily losing whatever credibility they may once have had----and it ain't AGD...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 01, 2016, 04:50:46 AM »

Hey, Rock, who in your opinion was the better lothario, Dennis or Larry from Three's Company?
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 01, 2016, 05:44:17 AM »

Vizzini-Rocky: [...] you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black-AGD: You're that smart?
Vizzini-Rocky: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black-AGD: Yes.
Vizzini-Rocky: Morons.

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 01, 2016, 06:36:29 AM »

Vizzini drank the potion...
Thirsty, Rocky?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 01, 2016, 07:08:27 AM »

I beg to differ...
Smiley BEG... Now I know what your doing down there in that position... YOUR BEGGING LOL What your begging for?... I don't know... maybe A bowel movement?   LOL    It looks like your looking to see where your MANHOOD WENT!... NOTHING THERE?... OH WELL... KEEP BEGGING! LOL LOL  Beg mike for a raise! Ahhh! Ahhh! Que? Beer Thumbs Up

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: March 01, 2016, 07:10:45 AM »

y

Smiley  With a picture like that representing you... you talk about literacy... and rules?  LOL  I question your SANITY... and quit kissing that toilet bowl! Your going to spread something!  "mikes minnions" Psyche!   "manning,micha,mott" Smiley Smiley

Pirate High Five Rock! Love Happy Dance Bow Kiss w00t! Thumbs Up Hug laugh Drinking Buddies

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 01, 2016, 08:32:42 AM »

In 24 hours this has gone from my favorite thread to my least.
Has anyone ever read Asterix and the Roman Agent?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:56:25 AM by Emily » Logged
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 01, 2016, 08:51:29 AM »

It does strike me as odd that someone as famous and recognisable as Brian Wilson could do something as eye-catching and conspicuous as PUNCHING A CLOWN in public, in broad daylight and with an actual parade going on (and hence innumerable potential witnesses), and that this would be the first that anyone would have heard of the story.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 01, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »

It does strike me as odd that someone as famous and recognisable as Brian Wilson could do something as eye-catching and conspicuous as PUNCHING A CLOWN in public, in broad daylight and with an actual parade going on (and hence innumerable potential witnesses), and that this would be the first that anyone would have heard of the story.
My thought.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1324 on: March 01, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »

As has been said, you couldn't make it up, could you ?

Er... could you ?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx