gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 05:29:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 494486 times)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 19, 2016, 08:18:22 PM »

Smiley girl with HEAD IN THE SAND... In case you haven't noticed... on every single post it say's...ROCKY PAMPLIN BOOK ABOUT THE BEACH BOYS... (nothing about... emily) I'M on this thread because I have a book to PROMOTE! What's your EXCUSE...You Just Luv Me too Much? Don't be jealous... The only thing "down" is you and all your OPINIONS... nobody cares about them... the readers just "skip over you" emily... Custom Machine told you that! When are you gonna "GET IT"?  Kiss Love
You're promoting your book by going back and reading posts from November? That's an interesting interpretation of a 'job'. And a great job you're doing. You've got about 4 fans already.
I don't need an excuse to read this thread Rocky. It'is fascinating and very revealing, though at times downright depressing. It's a case study in unevolved retrograde thinking. Ever think that you would lose respect by acting like an idiot in front of everyone on that plane? Or 'must be alpha male' is as far as your thinking went?
So my source was right that along with imprisoning Brian Wilson, you mocked him about his voice. You already told us you humiliated him in front of his peers; you stuck him in ice water when he needed emergency services; you beat up his brothers; you forced him to do work he neither wanted nor needed to do; and when he tried to get away from you, you chased him down and forced him to submit to more debasement; all this was when he was in desperate need of mental health care. What else did you do to Brian Wilson, Rocky?

Um, Emily, I think Rocky was mocking Mike's voice. Not Brian's.
With the "girly" thing? And the reference to 'Sail On Sailor?" I've been told by a good source that he mocked Brian's voice as "girly" to his face.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 19, 2016, 11:36:26 PM »

Smiley girl with HEAD IN THE SAND... In case you haven't noticed... on every single post it say's...ROCKY PAMPLIN BOOK ABOUT THE BEACH BOYS... (nothing about... emily) I'M on this thread because I have a book to PROMOTE! What's your EXCUSE...You Just Luv Me too Much? Don't be jealous... The only thing "down" is you and all your OPINIONS... nobody cares about them... the readers just "skip over you" emily... Custom Machine told you that! When are you gonna "GET IT"?  Kiss Love

Ouch!! Just for the record I said Emily has made some very good points in her posts, and I stand by that statement, but then I added that if she posts too often, making the same point repeatedly, then some readers may start skipping over her posts.

I'll be back in a moment when I find my exact quote.

OK, I'm back, and here it is: "Emily, you have made some very good points in your posts in this thread and others, but please keep in mind that when you overload a thread with posts, as you have done in this one and others, many readers will start skipping over your posts, thinking, "Oh, there goes Emily, making the same point over and over again." And please understand that I'm not saying this with malice, but rather in an attempt to impart some useful info."

With that cleared up, I will say that this is a most fascinating thread! I've sorta become addicted to reading it, much like wondering what's gonna play out next in a soap opera.

Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 19, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »

Smiley "Brian had to bring in Blondie Chaplin to sing "Sail On Sailor" "

Errrrrrrrrrrr....?  Lips Sealed And you know it was Brian who brought him in ?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:53:51 PM by Malc » Logged

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 20, 2016, 12:32:49 AM »

Smiley girl with HEAD IN THE SAND... In case you haven't noticed... on every single post it say's...ROCKY PAMPLIN BOOK ABOUT THE BEACH BOYS... (nothing about... emily) I'M on this thread because I have a book to PROMOTE! What's your EXCUSE...You Just Luv Me too Much? Don't be jealous... The only thing "down" is you and all your OPINIONS... nobody cares about them... the readers just "skip over you" emily... Custom Machine told you that! When are you gonna "GET IT"?  Kiss Love

Ouch!! Just for the record I said Emily has made some very good points in her posts, and I stand by that statement, but then I added that if she posts too often, making the same point repeatedly, then some readers may start skipping over her posts.

I'll be back in a moment when I find my exact quote.

OK, I'm back, and here it is: "Emily, you have made some very good points in your posts in this thread and others, but please keep in mind that when you overload a thread with posts, as you have done in this one and others, many readers will start skipping over your posts, thinking, "Oh, there goes Emily, making the same point over and over again." And please understand that I'm not saying this with malice, but rather in an attempt to impart some useful info."

With that cleared up, I will say that this is a most fascinating thread! I've sorta become addicted to reading it, much like wondering what's gonna play out next in a soap opera.

Ironic that Emily's sane, considered, commonsense posts might be skipped if she posts too often, yet the knucklehead who really is overloading the thread, with the offensive, illiterate ravings of someone close to the brink is the train wreck that has folk coming back for more. He's certainly a source of entertainment; in the same way that rubbernecking as one passes a smash on the highway is entertainment. "'Smash', eh? …  Tongue Tongue I'll TAKE that AS … a COMPLERMENT !!!  Ahhh! Ahhh! Pirate Pirate "
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:40:11 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 20, 2016, 12:33:52 AM »

Smiley "Brian had to bring in Blondie Chaplin to sing "Sail On Sailor" "

Errrrrrrrrrrr....?  Lips Sealed And you know it was Brian who brought him in ?

I wonder if a Rocky lead was ever attempted?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: February 20, 2016, 12:57:25 AM »

There is obviously something wrong with people who don't see Rocky for what he is...

Oh, I think many do, Marty. I also think someone's just not getting it at all.  Cheesy

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 20, 2016, 01:33:18 AM »

There is obviously something wrong with people who don't see Rocky for what he is...

Oh, I think many do, Marty. I also think someone's just not getting it at all.  Cheesy

There do seem to be a few posts along the lines of "of course we love you, the cheque's in the post… now tell us another story!"

Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 20, 2016, 03:07:00 AM »

I'm sorry, but if the basis for one part of the story is Dennis giving him the finger, and how he stood up to it, or how Brian briefly met his Bobness, then disappeared, we're going to be pretty thin on the ground for truly informative stuff.
Reminds me of another book that recently appeared, that promised to deliver but fell somewhat short... significantly, in fact...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:09:02 AM by Malc » Logged

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 20, 2016, 06:21:52 AM »

Malc - in regards to Rocky stating that Brian is the one who brought in Blondie to sing "Sail On, Sailor", you've got to believe it's true, because as Rocky has said, he's a writer, and writers RECALL!  I'm sure Rocky can quote the entire conversation on the subject, in fact.  After all, it was only around 45 years ago!

I'm sure the conversation went something like this:

Rocky: "Brian, you sing like a girl and Mike Loveless is even worse.  Get Blondie to sing "Sail On, Sailor"!  He's got a great set of pipes!  If you don't do it, I'll POUND the entire group, except for you, Brian, because I SAVED YOUR LIFE!"
Brian: "Rocky, you're always right, you were right when you told me  to fire my dad, you were right when you wrote the Pet Sounds album for me, and you're right now!  You SAVED MY LIFE!"
Carl: "But Rocky, can't I try singing lead, or maybe have Dennis try?"
Rocky: "One of these days, Carl, I'm gonna PUNCH YOUR LIGHTS OUT!  Have a drink first, you are in the ANGRY 13!!!"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 20, 2016, 06:55:54 AM »

Mtaber, you know him too well! LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: February 20, 2016, 08:07:39 AM »

Malc - in regards to Rocky stating that Brian is the one who brought in Blondie to sing "Sail On, Sailor", you've got to believe it's true, because as Rocky has said, he's a writer, and writers RECALL!  I'm sure Rocky can quote the entire conversation on the subject, in fact.  After all, it was only around 45 years ago!

I'm sure the conversation went something like this:

Rocky: "Brian, you sing like a girl and Mike Loveless is even worse.  Get Blondie to sing "Sail On, Sailor"!  He's got a great set of pipes!  If you don't do it, I'll POUND the entire group, except for you, Brian, because I SAVED YOUR LIFE!"
Brian: "Rocky, you're always right, you were right when you told me  to fire my dad, you were right when you wrote the Pet Sounds album for me, and you're right now!  You SAVED MY LIFE!"
Carl: "But Rocky, can't I try singing lead, or maybe have Dennis try?"
Rocky: "One of these days, Carl, I'm gonna PUNCH YOUR LIGHTS OUT!  Have a drink first, you are in the ANGRY 13!!!"

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL + 1 = 14  Wink
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:11:33 AM by Malc » Logged

catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 20, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »

Just deleted a naughty comment that made me ashamed of myself.
Too bad, though, I thought it was really funny. Maybe I'll keep it for later when Rocky pushes his insults ever further.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:52:46 AM by catlag » Logged

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 20, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »

Too bad, though, I thought it was really funny. Maybe I'll keep it for later when Rocky pushes his insults ever further.

Sorry I missed it Wink   I had a stack I've held back from posting. I mean it wouldn't be polite to offend an honoured guest…

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 20, 2016, 12:45:53 PM »

Aww. I enjoyed it. I guess you haven't devolved as far as I have!
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 20, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »

Sorry I missed it Wink   I had a stack I've held back from posting. I mean it wouldn't be polite to offend an honoured guest…

What? Don't tell me he has graduated MAGNA CUM LAUDE to Honoured guest!! Oh no, not yet. Can't wait to nickname him "cum".

catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 20, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »

I think it's guts I lack. I need this Smiley Smile community so bad I couldn't stand rejection. Beach Boys love is so new and intense to me that my heart is about to explode countless times a day. Can't concentrate at work and everything.

To be honest (but not to flatter Rocky, although it probably will), I think it's nice to have a controversial conversation with someone who was close to Brian for a while. It's nice that it's controversial because it lasts longer. And Rocky amuses us by counting reads, which adds to entertainment value. But still I'll admit, again in all honesty, that I even feel nice about him commenting on my posts. That's how bad my obsession leads me. I guess we all have our weaknesses. Sorry for sharing this... I have a way of showing myself vulnerable and all. But still looking forward to being funny for you all. I know I enjoy the lot of you being funny with crispy remarks! Please fuel me, Rocky! Fuel us all! This thread is 100x more interesting than your book!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 20, 2016, 04:58:27 PM »

I think it's guts I lack. I need this Smiley Smile community so bad I couldn't stand rejection. Beach Boys love is so new and intense to me that my heart is about to explode countless times a day. Can't concentrate at work and everything.

To be honest (but not to flatter Rocky, although it probably will), I think it's nice to have a controversial conversation with someone who was close to Brian for a while. It's nice that it's controversial because it lasts longer. And Rocky amuses us by counting reads, which adds to entertainment value. But still I'll admit, again in all honesty, that I even feel nice about him commenting on my posts. That's how bad my obsession leads me. I guess we all have our weaknesses. Sorry for sharing this... I have a way of showing myself vulnerable and all. But still looking forward to being funny for you all. I know I enjoy the lot of you being funny with crispy remarks! Please fuel me, Rocky! Fuel us all! This thread is 100x more interesting than your book!

We didn't ought to call it a book until it's been published. Purely for the same of accuracy.

catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 20, 2016, 06:07:02 PM »

We didn't ought to call it a book until it's been published. Purely for the same of accuracy.

You're right! Let's not call it a book for the sake of accuracy. I shall even rebaptize it "the manuscript". We should use it from now on. Can someone confirm that there is a complete 'manuscript' out there? I don't remember reading about it previously. But then I don't have a good memory like Rocky. Guess we all have our special strenghts.

(in the spirit of Rocky) LOL

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1268 on: February 21, 2016, 03:19:44 AM »

I think all the real authors who post here will concur that whatever we choose to call the text on offer, as presented here it's utterly unpublishable (self-publication excepted).

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1269 on: February 21, 2016, 08:25:56 AM »

I think all the real authors who post here will concur that whatever we choose to call the text on offer, as presented here it's utterly unpublishable (self-publication excepted).

Crap on a stick Andrew!!!!!!!

Now another 10 pages and 10,000 hits on the Angry 14.  I'd been avoiding this 'weeping bed' but when I saw that YOU had posted 'I just had to look...having [no intention of] read[ing] the book.'

Rocky...seeing as I'm here.  You're still useless.  [in every way, shape and form.]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:37:26 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1270 on: February 21, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »

Emperors new clothes. Someone had to stand up and shout "NAKED !!", and I figured it might as well be me. Cheesy

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 21, 2016, 08:52:14 AM »

We can help with this publication though. We all oughta pull together, for Rocky's sake.

I have a box of staples somewhere…

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 21, 2016, 09:15:11 AM »

Andrew - please don't shout "naked" to Rocky... he's already done that...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1273 on: February 21, 2016, 09:19:01 AM »

Oh... uh, yeah. Sorry. My bad.

Make a great coda though: "The Day I Got Nekkid On Smiley Smile".  Grin

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1274 on: February 21, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »

Make a great coda though: "The Day I Got Nekkid On Smiley Smile".  Grin

...and EVERYbody pointed and LAUGHED.  Eh 'tiny'?

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx