gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:41:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489818 times)
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 11, 2016, 03:17:53 PM »

stellar thread here. fascinating on so many levels. thanks for joining the fray, Mr. Pamplin. please keep the stories coming!

just an aside, but does anyone else find it adorable that a former athlete/bodyguard/male model called Rocky uses more emoticons than a 12-year old girl? enchanting, really.

Love

Smiley Bossaroo, Thank You for sharing your fascination with my book! I will most definitely keep the stories..."FULL OF EMOTION" coming ... for it is the same twelve year old girls... who were enchanted with Brian's Music... as were the boy's! I take it you are beyond puberty and your teens... with a name like boss-aroo! You probably have kids... and they are probably grown up! Like yourself they will also enjoy reading my memoir... JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE! Love Love
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:43:51 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »

A prominent literary agent just contacted me via PM... he or she wishes to remain anonymous at this point, but said I could post his or her message to Rocky in this forum.

"Hi Rocky!  I have been reading through this thread, and must say that I LIKE  Smiley your STYLE...  Smiley Smiley I think I can get you a WHA-OOH "book deal"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy but first I think you should SET FIRE Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley to "WHA-OOH" your current MANUSCRIPT OOOHHH WHAAA... Smiley Smiley Smiley and then BECOME MARGINALLY...  Smiley LITERATE!"

I told him or her that you probably wouldn't be interested but would be happy to count this as ONE MORE  Smiley READ!!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 11, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »

Mtaber wins the thread! LOL
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:24:01 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 11, 2016, 03:39:33 PM »

A prominent literary agent just contacted me via PM... he or she wishes to remain anonymous at this point, but said I could post his or her message to Rocky in this forum.

"Hi Rocky!  I have been reading through this thread, and must say that I LIKE  Smiley your STYLE...  Smiley Smiley I think I can get you a WHA-OOH "book deal"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy but first I think you should SET FIRE Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley to "WHA-OOH" your current MANUSCRIPT OOOHHH WHAAA... Smiley Smiley Smiley and then BECOME MARGINALLY...  Smiley LITERATE!"

I told him or her that you probably wouldn't be interested but would be happy to count this as ONE MORE  Smiley READ!!!

All those emoticons… it has to be … the Leg-end-urry Ol' Suffer Dud!

“We live in divisive times.”
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 11, 2016, 04:04:47 PM »

No sugar coating this clusterfuck of an event, we have no idea how completely f***ed up the people around and inside this world are. This thread has given us a brief insight, sadly. Its time to retire Balboa..

Has been for some time!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 11, 2016, 04:23:45 PM »

"SMILE" Readers,
                   Perhaps you should have listened to "Ian" (page 3, last post) when he suggested, "That if you want him to post an answer to some questions that you "not" immediately "INSULT" him!
                   I think the "angry half dozen" thought that meant..."That if you want him to post an answer to some questions... let him... and then "INSULT" him!

"Blowin in the Wind"  Smiley

How many times
                                                                           Must a man turn the other cheek
                                                                           Before he stands up and speaks

How many criticisms
                                                                           Must one man allow
                                                                           Before he finally lashes out

How many insults
                                                                           Must one man endure
                                                                           Before he fights back for sure

Yes and, how many times
                                                                           Must a man hold his tongue
                                                                           And pretend that he just does'nt hear

To suffer the slings and arrows Smiley
                                                                           Aimed to impugn his work Smiley
                                                                           Daggers coming straight for his words Smiley

The answer my friend
                                                                           Is blowin in the wind
                                                                           The answer is blowin in the wind

There is a lot of "HOT AIR BLOWIN" around this blog today... Keep BLOWIN...                                                                    

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:45:16 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 11, 2016, 04:24:16 PM »

my mind is completely blown about the robert z'dar connection. holy sh*t. can't wait to ask you more about this #teamrocky!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 11, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »

Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation
Love swoon Love
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 11, 2016, 04:38:50 PM »

my mind is completely blown about the robert z'dar connection. holy sh*t. can't wait to ask you more about this #teamrocky! Smiley  Smiley
Smiley Chaki MY FRIEND...WE WILL talk about it when I do your RADIO SHOW..."SOON" I PROMISE! I'm getting bored with these "Wankers" there all "HOT AIR" Thank You for the invitation "TEAMROCKY" Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:27:23 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 11, 2016, 04:45:16 PM »

Love swoon Love
Smiley LUV YA TOO... "bossaroo" Smiley Smiley Love
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: February 11, 2016, 04:55:19 PM »

Rocky - just to clarify...
    - when you see that a thread on this board has been "read" or "viewed" 54,000 times, that DOES NOT mean that 54,000 different people have been reading or viewing this thread.  One person may have "read" or "viewed" this thread 500 times by themselves, for example.  One "view" does not equal one "person".  The 54,000 views for this thread may actually represent a mere handful of people.  So, I wouldn't count on having 54,000 customers clamoring for your book's release.  From this message board, I'd guesstimate that the number of customers willing to fork over money to buy your book is actually closer to 20 or 30, and that number is dropping day-by-day as you insult anyone who doesn't drool on your boots.

OK let's say 25 book sales, that's not bad.  At least enough to buy Rocky some buttons for his shirt...

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: February 11, 2016, 05:20:54 PM »

how many more pages til we get a good Mike Love story??  quit holding out
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 11, 2016, 06:07:18 PM »

Dunno if Rushton still lives around LA, but perhaps he can be persuaded to visit the online studio of Luxuria music. Maybe Chuck Kelley could be persuaded to do a special installment of the old Heroes and Villains show. A little Q & A. It would be interesting - and all us hatah's could congregate in the chat room and get all jiggy with it.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 11, 2016, 07:07:00 PM »

Rocky,
Did you spend some time on The Montral Alouettes roster? I live close to Montreal, and wondering if you have any recollections of time spent there.

Cheers,
Juice
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 11, 2016, 08:40:40 PM »

#teamrocky
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 11, 2016, 10:43:57 PM »

Hello Rocky,

I only care about the informative side of this thread, from someone who was there, and in that regard am happy to have whatever opportunity there is here to possibly have an informative dialogue with you, prior to your book being published. Do you have any memories of Brian and Dennis that are not related to the codependent drug-related aspect of their sibling relationship? Regardless of his role as procurer, supplier and sharer, Dennis loved Brian deeply, and I'd be interested in your recollections of that relationship. Also, of the Wilson axis of the band including Carl and their interrelationship, and the dynamics of the struggle for the direction of the band between Mike, Bruce & Al (who apparently now regrets siding with them). Any anecdotes you might be willing to share on any of these subjects would be very interesting, thanks.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 11, 2016, 10:47:16 PM »

When's the next chapter installment Rocky?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 12, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »

When's the next chapter installment Rocky?
Smiley Oregon River Rider, It is coming on Tuesday. My manager say's I need to give the "angry dozen 1/2" (I haven' forgotten you manning 1/2)  sufficient time to vent their jealous frustrations and make the "55,500+" reads "SKYROCKET"!!! ever more! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:35:17 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 12, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »

#teamrocky Smiley Smiley
Smiley You go girl... I'll wash your dirty feet anytime you like... they can't be any worse than the "angry dozen 1/2" (almost) "angry 13" Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:49:32 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 12, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »

Rocky,
Did you spend some time on The Montral Alouettes roster? I live close to Montreal, and wondering if you have any recollections of time spent there.

Cheers,
Juice
Smiley Juice, have you lost your mind? I'm posting a Chapter of "WIPEOUT" and fending off the "SLINGS and ARROWS" of the"angry dozen1/2" and your talking about ancient history! I got a shoulder seperation injury in a preseason game... the coach insisted I play in the last preseason game... so he could legally cut me without paying me! He made it perfectly clear to me, the day before the last preseason game, that they would cut me irrespective of whether I played "OR NOT"! Stick to "Wha--Ooh" and quit flip flopping... your either on "TEAMROCKY" or your on the "angry dozen1/2" Smiley Smiley I can easily make it the "angry 13"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:48:00 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 12, 2016, 11:08:15 AM »

Rocky,

Cheers,
Juice
Smiley Juice, have you lost your mind? I'm posting a Chapter of "WIPEOUT" and fending off the "SLINGS and ARROWS" of the"angry dozen1/2" and your talking about ancient history! I got a shoulder seperation injury in a preseason game... the coach insisted I play in the last preseason game... so he could legally cut me without paying me! He made it perfectly clear to me, the day before the last preseason game, that they would cut me irrespective of whether I played "OR NOT"! Smiley Smiley Stick to "Wha--Ooh" and quit flip flopping... your either on "TEAMROCKY" or your on the "angry dozen1/2" Smiley Smiley I can easily make it the "angry 13"
I couldn't ask for a better response! Thanks man!
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 12, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »

Smiley  So is everybody SMILING this mourning... gosh it almost seems this board is moving forward. Like the realization that insulting one another can go on... until hell freezes over! Maybe... we can all agree to disagree...(maybe all is a bit lofty) but maybe most of us can bury the hatchet... (as an aside) I didn't know we were supposed to fight on the internet... but it seems that is what "we" regressed to. It would be nice for "us" to take this thread to a higher level than name calling and teenage antics.(myself included) So... shall we try? Excuse my excessive use of...  ...   What I think was our biggest conundrum...is the Dennis issue. Or to cut to the chase... and get it out in the open... the beating up of Dennis by Stan and myself. First off let me say... we were not then... nor are we now proud of that! Our tactics, like Murrys regarding discipline,were not good ones (spare the child and not the rod) But not all of us had the benefit of today's philosophy! Let me just say that Dennis did not think that he was killing Brian anymore than he thought he was killing himself. I know you guy's know this stuff and it seems rudimentary, but indulge me. Dennis thought sharing drugs with Brian was the ultra cool... hip... rock n roll... bad ass... stud... brother thing to do. No one could tell him anything different! Everyone tried...his mother Audrey, Marilyn, Mike, Al, Stephen, Stan... everyone... but Dennis was "incorrigible"(more than anyone you know) he was a teenage "Sex Symbol" Celebrity in the 60s "SEXUAL DRUG CULTURE REVOLUTION" that took more young lives than did the Vietnam War and Rock n Roll was at the forefront of the whole movement. Remember Jimmy Hendrix...Janis Joplin... Jim Morrison (to name a few) Dennis who was not only "blind" to the fact that he was killing Brian... but to all the family members I mentioned above, "who all depended on the Golden Goose", he was their ABSOLUTE WORST NIGHTMARE! "That" was made CRYSTAL CLEAR to Stan and I on a regular basis by EVERYONE! So to wrap this up... when Stan got the call, a year after we no longer worked for Brian, from Brian's live in Nurse... we both knew that this would "not" be a popular act...and... we could never expect everyone to accept or understand... our actions! But, in our defence, Dennis never did Drugs with Brian again, in the next four years,before he died! Some times you do things in haste... because time is of the essence... and sometimes...that's the difference between life and death! Wish we could have saved Dennis! (Forgive us our transgressions) However BRIAN IS STILL ALIVE! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Well said Rocky! Keep posting.  Grin
Smiley mikeddonn, THANK YOU. I certainly will keep POSTING! I don't know about that name of your's... SURELY your not a mike love LOVER? :D LOL
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:15:46 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 12, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »

I'm with John. This thread has become ludicrous.
Smiley With an icon picture like that Andrew G. Doe Boy... You look up the word "LUDICROUS" in the dictionary and it has your PICTURE next to it! But at least your EXPOSING your BETTER HALF! LOL LOL Get you head out of the toilet! Jedi Duel
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:48:20 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 12, 2016, 02:00:46 PM »

how many more pages til we get a good Mike Love story??  quit holding out
Smiley bossaroo, a "GOOD" mike  Transcendental Meditation love story... those are hard to find Evil  in fact they are nearly impossible to find Head Spin On 2nd thought a GOOD mike love story...they don't exist Angry But your so sweet... I might surprise you Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:39:26 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 12, 2016, 02:44:24 PM »

gimme your worst. if you think we can handle it

Banana Rock!  Ahhh!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: