gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:17:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489827 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 10, 2016, 06:49:53 PM »

All of this vitriol saddens me...I was hoping that Andrew would provide the foreward to Rushton's book!  LOL

The thing is, it's a chicken or the egg scenario. Anyone that would be loco enough to ghost write this 'teenager's diary' would have his work cut out for him. The brave soul that would agree to put these ramblings into coherent English would have to be paid, and I dunno that there's a budget for that.

But it keep it com'in Rushton. It's entertaining and it's free.

Part: 17  "Wha--Ooh"

After I was no longer working for BRIAN WILSON...I was the Marlboro Man...then I went downtown to LOOK FOR A JOB...there were NO JOBS!!!!! So I hung out in front of the drug store. On the second day of my unemployment...I went downtown to LOOK FOR A JOB...and there were NO JOBS!!! So I hung out in front of the drug store. On the third day of my unemployment...

I think this qualifies as entry to the 'angry half dozen'! Welcome Doo Dah.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 10, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »

Rocky - just to clarify...
    - when you see that a thread on this board has been "read" or "viewed" 54,000 times, that DOES NOT mean that 54,000 different people have been reading or viewing this thread.  One person may have "read" or "viewed" this thread 500 times by themselves, for example.  One "view" does not equal one "person".  The 54,000 views for this thread may actually represent a mere handful of people.  So, I wouldn't count on having 54,000 customers clamoring for your book's release.  From this message board, I'd guesstimate that the number of customers willing to fork over money to buy your book is actually closer to 20 or 30, and that number is dropping day-by-day as you insult anyone who doesn't drool on your boots.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 10, 2016, 11:01:54 PM »

- when you see that a thread on this board has been "read" or "viewed" 54,000 times, that DOES NOT mean that 54,000 different people have been reading or viewing this thread.  One person may have "read" or "viewed" this thread 500 times by themselves, for example.  One "view" does not equal one "person".  The 54,000 views for this thread may actually represent a mere handful of people.  So, I wouldn't count on having 54,000 customers clamoring for your book's release.  From this message board, I'd guesstimate that the number of customers willing to fork over money to buy your book is actually closer to 20 or 30, and that number is dropping day-by-day as you insult anyone who doesn't drool on your boots.

You'd think that by now Rocky would have noticed that the viewing figure increases by one every time he, erm, views the thread.

He's not, sorry to say, the first would-be Beach Boys book author to have a meltdown here; perhaps there's something about this place?

I guess it's make or break time soon - do the mods ban him for calling everyone a "wanker" multiple times, and slinging personal insults around all over the place, or make him an honoured guest? Cripes, I wouldn't want to have to make that call! LOL
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:03:56 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1153 on: February 10, 2016, 11:26:32 PM »

I strongly suspect he doesn't know the exact meaning of the term "wanker". But then again, takes one to know one... LOL

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 10, 2016, 11:34:27 PM »

- when you see that a thread on this board has been "read" or "viewed" 54,000 times, that DOES NOT mean that 54,000 different people have been reading or viewing this thread.  One person may have "read" or "viewed" this thread 500 times by themselves, for example.  One "view" does not equal one "person".  The 54,000 views for this thread may actually represent a mere handful of people.  So, I wouldn't count on having 54,000 customers clamoring for your book's release.  From this message board, I'd guesstimate that the number of customers willing to fork over money to buy your book is actually closer to 20 or 30, and that number is dropping day-by-day as you insult anyone who doesn't drool on your boots.

I personally have now viewed this thread 53,980 times and haven't felt the desire to join and post/discuss the merits of the proposed book once yet.
Until now... d'oh !

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: February 11, 2016, 01:55:25 AM »

Just when Rocky is getting to the point in his chapter of posting less than flattering anecdotes about Mike, the Mike Love SSMB PR team springs into action and suggests he be banned. Why am I not surprised.  

Having lived in England for 2 1/2 years, I certainly heard the word "Wanker" used in the instannce of good natured ribbing more than  once! My personal favorite was bloody sod!

Let's allow the man to post his chapter shall we? I don't believe any animals have been harmed in the making of this thread.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:52:04 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1156 on: February 11, 2016, 02:22:49 AM »

Let's allow the man to post his chapter shall we? I don't believe any annimals have been harmed in the making of this thread.

My weasel is not at all happy...

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 11, 2016, 02:58:33 AM »

Just when Rocky is getting to the point in his chapter of posting less than flattering anecdotes about Mike, the Mike Love SSMB PR team springs into action and suggests he be banned. Why am I not surprised. 

Having lived in England for 2 1/2 years, I certainly heard the word "Wanker" used in the instannce of good natured ribbing more than  once! My personal favorite was bloody sod!

Let's allow the man to post his chapter shall we? I don't believe any annimals have been harmed in the making of this thread.

I agree with the sentiments of your last sentence about letting Rocky post his chapter, and have those who want to provide genuine feedback or other positive life coaching suggestions do so.  As I've said before, the name calling started before Rocky got here - he's given as good as he's gotten.

But to be fair - "the Mike Love SSMB PR team"? That's just a wind-up, right? Anyone expressing a, cough, contrary point of view has done so in relation to their concern for The Beach Boys historical legacy, or to serve their own varied emotional connections.   There are no pro-Mike agendas at play.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 11, 2016, 04:23:33 AM »

I strongly suspect he doesn't know the exact meaning of the term "wanker"…

I suspect he does know and, in the same way that he has someone (Stan? surely not) fluffing his copy for presentation…

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 11, 2016, 06:29:18 AM »

Having lived in England for 2 1/2 years, I certainly heard the word "Wanker" used in the instannce of good natured ribbing more than  once! My personal favorite was bloody sod!

Because he's familiar with the man vs. clown site, and because he's mentioned the Mike Love hate but not given any anecdotes about it, my guess is that he's holding that for sales. He's only willing to give us demeaning Brian Wilson anecdotes. But maybe he'll prove me wrong.
Speaking of demeaning Brian Wilson anecdotes, Rocky, did you feel that teaching Brian Wilson etiquette was part of your job as well, or did you just enjoy demeaning him further in front of his peers with your instructions? Can you not imagine, given his humiliating situation, why he was uncomfortable talking to Bob Dylan?
I've heard that your mocking him for not matching your grotesque idea of manliness was a contributor to Brian Wilson messing with his voice.
I believe that rather than "SAVING BRIAN WILSON'S LIFE" you contributed substantially to his complete collapse into vulnerability. I think that you are a major part of why he was thinking life is a cruel joke.
I also believe that you contributed to Dennis Wilson's death. "GET IT??..."
I think that you know you have accomplished nothing of worth, that you project that onto your audience and then treat them with the contempt that you feel for yourself.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 11, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »

You know, against my better judgement I kind of hope this guy gets his book published and goes on a book tour. I know some guys who are fans and really dislike  rushston, and stan for that matter. They see these guys as real villains in the Beach Boy story. These guys that I know are real substantial dudes, worked as laborers all their adult lives. Every time we get together and listen to Beach Boy's music the subject of rushston and stan comes up and they talk about how they would love to run into one or both of these guys. One of these guys almost bought a ticket to Hawaii to seek out rushston, fortunately for everyone, he was talked out of it. They are aware of the rushston's postings and would love to have Wipeout signed by the "author" at one of these so-called book signings.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 11, 2016, 11:00:14 AM »

All of this vitriol saddens me...I was hoping that Andrew would provide the foreward to Rushton's book!  LOL

The thing is, it's a chicken or the egg scenario. Anyone that would be loco enough to ghost write this 'teenager's diary' would have his work cut out for him. The brave soul that would agree to put these ramblings into coherent English would have to be paid, and I dunno that there's a budget for that.

After I was no longer working for BRIAN WILSON...I was the Marlboro Man...then I went downtown to LOOK FOR A JOB...there were NO JOBS!!!!! So I hung out in front of the drug store. On the second day of my unemployment...I went downtown to LOOK FOR A JOB...and there were NO JOBS!!! So I hung out in front of the drug store. On the third day of my unemployment...

Smiley Doo Doo has been part of the "angry half dozen" for some time now... I doo say... eh Doo Doo...bud--dy... and I bid you adoo! Keep SMILING GANG Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:02:35 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 11, 2016, 11:02:14 AM »

Smiley Doo Doo has been part of the "angry half dozen" for some time now... I doo say... and I bid you adoo! Keep SMILING GANG Smiley Smiley

Who is a member of the "angry half dozen?"  I think it may be more than 6, and thus may need a new name.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 11, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »

[/quote] Smiley Doo Doo has been part of the "angry half dozen" for some time now... I doo say... and I bid you adoo! Smiley
[/quote]

Who is a member of the "angry half dozen?"  I think it may be more than 6, and thus may need a new name.
[/quote] Smiley OK Matt H... as in Mad Hatter?... you'r absolutely ridht! IN your "honor" they will now be known as  "the angry dozen" That is where it was derived... A Movie... starring Henry Fonda... about a "JURY NO LESS"! How appropriate eh. I wonder if any of the Wankers knew that?... don't try and take credit now... it's too late... you had you'r chance!  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:37:18 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 11, 2016, 11:27:22 AM »

Smiley Doo Doo has been part of the "angry half dozen" for some time now... I doo say... and I bid you adoo! Keep SMILING GANG Smiley Smiley

Who is a member of the "angry half dozen?"  I think it may be more than 6, and thus may need a new name.
Smiley OK Matt H... as in Mad Hatter?... you'r absolutely ridht! IN your "honor" they will now be known as  "the angry dozen" That is where it was derived... A Movie... starring Henry Fonda... about a "JURY NO LESS"! How appropriate eh. I wonder if any of the Wankers knew that?... don't try and take credit know... it's too late... you had you'r chance!  Smiley Smiley The jury is still out!

Not as in Mad Hatter, as in Matt H.  The H is my last name.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 11, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »

Smiley Bravo "SMILESTARS"  You are the good ones... keep posting "NICE" things about "WIPEOUT" Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:31:21 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 11, 2016, 12:05:09 PM »

Smiley OK Matt H... as in Mad Hatter?... you'r absolutely ridht! IN your "honor" they will now be known as  "the angry dozen" That is where it was derived... A Movie... starring Henry Fonda... about a "JURY NO LESS"! How appropriate eh. I wonder if any of the Wankers knew that?... don't try and take credit know... it's too late... you had you'r chance!  Smiley Smiley The jury is still out!
Not trying to take credit from you Rocky, don't worry, but I think there's a mash-up in your head of The Dirty Dozen and Twelve Angry Men.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 11, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »

Smiley The "angry half dozen"... now "the angry dozen" is not a mash up in my head...  every body in the business knows "Twelve Angry Men"! Leave it to someone who buried their head in the sand... as soon as I started posting "Wha--Ooh"... something she couldn't find anything to criticize, demean, insult or impugn... to pull her head out of the sand and LASH OUT...as in "MASH UP"... in a feeble attempt to criticize, demean, insult and impugn anything she could possibly "MASH UP" in her head! Good job! But please don't go back to your hiding place... Head in the Sand can be so lonely! Besides with you around lurking... waiting to pounce... the number of reads skyrockets!!! Smiley Smiley Welcome back "MASH UP" Cry Angry Keep your head out of the sand!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:30:32 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 11, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »

Any cool names for the people who have nice to you?

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 11, 2016, 01:03:23 PM »

Any cool names for the people who have nice to you?
Smiley YES...Big Daddy... the people who have been nice... as opposed to vicious... are "SMILESTARS"!!! God Bless All Of You! Smiley Smiley Keep Up The Great Work... Charles LePage is, I'm sure, proud of all of you... You represent Smiley Smile with GRACE! Smiley Smiley And I THANK YOU... "SMILESTARS" Smiley Smiley Give yourselves a hand... Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:08:23 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: February 11, 2016, 01:08:53 PM »

Think I'm done here. Rocky's getting off on this; no one could be so genuinely, grotesquely unevolved.

Has to be a put on.

Hasn't it?

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 11, 2016, 01:14:25 PM »

Think I'm done here. Rocky's getting off on this; no one could be so genuinely, grotesquely unevolved.

Has to be a put on.

Hasn't it?
Smiley "twelve 1/2 angry men" Evil LOL By the end of the day I will be at "55,000" READS and SKYROCKETING!!! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:19:28 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 11, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »

Rocky, serious question... how many copies of your book are you thinking of printing ? What do you think the potential sales target is...

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 11, 2016, 01:38:31 PM »

stellar thread here. fascinating on so many levels. thanks for joining the fray, Mr. Pamplin. please keep the stories coming!

just an aside, but does anyone else find it adorable that a former athlete/bodyguard/male model called Rocky uses more emoticons than a 12-year old girl? enchanting, really.

Love
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1174 on: February 11, 2016, 03:12:18 PM »

I'm with John. This thread has become ludicrous.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx