gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:45:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489728 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: February 10, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »

I think he took all of the drugs he confiscated from BW.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 10, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »

This would sound a lot better as a first person account.  And many parts are need of the services of a professional copy editor.

For example, "Some slicksters tried to slip him drugs, which Stan and Rocky immediately confiscated." This needs further explanation. "Slicksters" tried to slip Brian drugs? How exactly did these "slicksters" attempt to do this? What was Brian's response? How did Brian and the "slciksters" react when the drugs were confiscated?

Another quick example, "Danny looked at Stan and Rocky, who nodded and succinctly said, 'One grasshopper - no vodka - and don't even think about trying to slip something in it!'" This reads as though you and Stan were speaking in unison, which I assume was not the case.
Smiley Custom Machine, thank you...for catching my omission... I forgot to type in...(after one grasshopper-no vodka) "Stan added,""and don't even think about...etc. (I corrected it). But we did say... one grasshopper-no-vodka... in unison. In regards to slicksters trying to slip drugs to Brian?... " there are many ways"... shaking hands...dropping something in a coat pocket... back pants pocket..."from close hugs"... then whispering the whereabouts. We really had to be on our toes to know what to look for... for instance... a rolled up clenched fist, by Brian, after a hand shake and then Brian quickly putting his hand in his pocket... or suddenly wanting to go to the rest room... or just dropping something in his drink! The list goes on and on... and it never ceases! They give it freely... thinking it makes them cool...and just to get a wink or a nod from the "star!" Never occurring to them they might be killing Brian! C M... I made an "exception" and responded to your comments "about my book" today because you gave me LePage's name. Also, thanks for the heads up on my omission (Stan added). Tell mtaber and catlag to write their own book! Smiley Smiley

Rocky, that part  you just wrote would be good to add into the passage.  It would go something like,

"Some Slicksters tried to slip him drugs, which Stan and Rocky immediately confiscated.  That was the norm back then for a rich rock star like Brian, and it could be done in many ways.  Shaking hands, dropping something in a coat pocket..." etc.

And then just continue with the rest of what you said.

Keep the posts coming! Smiley

Smiley Mikeddonn... Not bad! And I certainly will keep the posts coming! Smiley Smiley

Thank you Rocky!  Grin.

I also think you make a good point about Dennis.  The praise would have been a real tonic for him, especially if he had went on and done a tour to promote Pacific Ocean Blue.

I look forward to Part 4!  Grin
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:57 PM »

I really think this guy needs a ghost writer.

You're right, of course. Originally I was getting the impression that this book was already a done deal but it's unpublishable in its current state – or what we've seen of its current state, which suggests any ghost writer would have to dig out a lot more meat to put on these bones.
Smiley Manning...WHAT IS THE CURRENT STATE OF YOUR BOOK? That's what I thought... You can't write so you criticize! Keep up the good work! Speaking of work do you and these other wankers even have a JOB? Grin Grin

As much as I'm enjoying the high comedy here, did you fry your brain on free nicotine and tar all those years you were playing Joe Camel or were you just born this dumb? You have made absolutely no sense for 45 pages.
Smiley southbay...whoever you are... "CONGRATULATIONS" you have just joined the "angry half dozen." Can you count to 45? Right On Dude" South Bay Rules! Keep puffing da kine bra! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:45:23 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 10, 2016, 12:47:18 PM »

This would sound a lot better as a first person account.  And many parts are need of the services of a professional copy editor.

For example, "Some slicksters tried to slip him drugs, which Stan and Rocky immediately confiscated." This needs further explanation. "Slicksters" tried to slip Brian drugs? How exactly did these "slicksters" attempt to do this? What was Brian's response? How did Brian and the "slciksters" react when the drugs were confiscated?

Another quick example, "Danny looked at Stan and Rocky, who nodded and succinctly said, 'One grasshopper - no vodka - and don't even think about trying to slip something in it!'" This reads as though you and Stan were speaking in unison, which I assume was not the case.
Smiley Custom Machine, thank you...for catching my omission... I forgot to type in...(after one grasshopper-no vodka) "Stan added,""and don't even think about...etc. (I corrected it). But we did say... one grasshopper-no-vodka... in unison. In regards to slicksters trying to slip drugs to Brian?... " there are many ways"... shaking hands...dropping something in a coat pocket... back pants pocket..."from close hugs"... then whispering the whereabouts. We really had to be on our toes to know what to look for... for instance... a rolled up clenched fist, by Brian, after a hand shake and then Brian quickly putting his hand in his pocket... or suddenly wanting to go to the rest room... or just dropping something in his drink! The list goes on and on... and it never ceases! They give it freely... thinking it makes them cool...and just to get a wink or a nod from the "star!" Never occurring to them they might be killing Brian! C M... I made an "exception" and responded to your comments "about my book" today because you gave me LePage's name. Also, thanks for the heads up on my omission (Stan added). Tell mtaber and catlag to write their own book! Smiley Smiley

Rocky, that part  you just wrote would be good to add into the passage.  It would go something like,

"Some Slicksters tried to slip him drugs, which Stan and Rocky immediately confiscated.  That was the norm back then for a rich rock star like Brian, and it could be done in many ways.  Shaking hands, dropping something in a coat pocket..." etc.

And then just continue with the rest of what you said.

Keep the posts coming! Smiley

Smiley Mikeddonn... Not bad! And I certainly will keep the posts coming! Smiley Smiley

Thank you Rocky!  Grin.

I also think you make a good point about Dennis.  The praise would have been a real tonic for him, especially if he had went on and done a tour to promote Pacific Ocean Blue.

I look forward to Part 4!  Grin
Smiley WOW!... Somebody has something "intelligent" to say! "YOU WILL ENJOY PART: 4."  Keep up the good work... but be careful... you might start getting "HATE" mail from the "angry half dozen!" They're Back! They have nothing better to do... no books... and no lives! They are a sorry lot. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:56:13 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 10, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »

You are a goon trying to make money off your 5 minutes of fame leeching off the Wilson family. You need to thank Steven Gaines for even making you a familiar name at all. Hell, he told your story just fine without the trash you post here.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 10, 2016, 01:03:50 PM »

"SELF AWARENESS" is not a STRONG suit, "apparently."

Nor is the ability to discern between hostility and what seemed to me to be genuinely (and generous) well-meant constructive criticism.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 10, 2016, 01:08:00 PM »

You are a goon trying to make money off your 5 minutes of fame leeching off the Wilson family. You need to thank Steven Gaines for even making you a familiar name at all. Hell, he told your story just fine without the trash you post here.
Smiley Keep Smiling (missing link)... "For" making me a "familiar name?" You mean "For" SAVING BRIAN'S LIFE!" I'll "SMILE" all the way to the bank! Keep those "NUMBERS GOING UP" Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:11:42 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 10, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »

Nor is the ability to discern between hostility and what seemed to me to be genuinely (and generous) well-meant constructive criticism.

I concur.

It seems like Rocky needs us more than we need him. He's the one after all the "reads". We already have lots of good "reads" about the Beach Boys and Brian as it is. And not from this thread.

Le moineau est venu se poser à ma fenêtre.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 10, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »

Was a major part of the problems around BW. Running a private prison of your employer is never a good idea. Plus all the other drama with Carl and Dennis shows what slime this guy is. Steven Gaines should watch to see when you plagiarize his book.

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 10, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »

I concur.

It seems like Rocky needs us more than we need him. He's the one after all the "reads". We already have lots of good "reads" about the Beach Boys and Brian as it is. And not from this thread.
Smiley This thread... and the "INSULTS" is keeping the "NUMBERS" going through the roof "continually"... and is what is helping me get PUBLISHED! Thank You Wankers...Keep It Up..Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:31:04 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 10, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »

Nah.  I'm bored. 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 10, 2016, 01:28:35 PM »

Night Rocky....

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 10, 2016, 01:35:14 PM »

Night Rocky....
Smiley I was just getting started... don't go away mad... just go away! But come again some other day! ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?  Almost 54,000!... and COUNTING!!...SOARING!!! Smiley Smiley                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                           To suffer the slings and arrows
                                                                                                           Aimed to impugn my work
                                                                                                           Daggers coming straight for my words

The thing that's even easier than insulting someone... is counter-punching those who resort to insults because they expose themselves... and that makes them vulnerable! An elementary mistake of "THE COMMON MAN" I keep challenging those who "criticize, demean, insult ... and impugn my work"... to POST THEIR BOOK! But they NEVER EVER DO! Because they have "NO WORDS OF THEIR OWN!" They have no "ART"... so they "INSULT!"  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:05:22 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1138 on: February 10, 2016, 03:04:34 PM »

Gotta admit, it's a novel concept - coming to a forum to promote an upcoming project, then insult your potential audience.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1139 on: February 10, 2016, 03:08:22 PM »

Night Rocky....
Smiley I was just getting started... don't go away mad... just go away! But come again some other day! ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?  Almost 54,000!... and COUNTING!!...SOARING!!! Smiley Smiley                                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                           To suffer the slings and arrows
                                                                                                           Aimed to impugn my work
                                                                                                           Daggers coming straight for my words

The thing that's even easier than insulting someone... is counter-punching those who resort to insults because they expose themselves... and that makes them vulnerable! An elementary mistake of "THE COMMON MAN" I keep challenging those who "criticize, demean, insult ... and impugn my work"... to POST THEIR BOOK! But they NEVER EVER DO! Because they have "NO WORDS OF THEIR OWN!"They have no "ART"... so they "INSULT!"  Smiley Smiley

My book, 2004 update.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brian-Wilson-Beach-Boys-Complete/dp/1844494268/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455145538&sr=8-1&keywords=complete+guide+beach+boys

You were saying ?

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: February 10, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »

Gotta admit, it's a novel concept - coming to a forum to promote an upcoming project, then insult your potential audience.
Smiley Your not the audience... you'r the "angry half dozen." The other 54,000 reads are the audience. Keep INSULTING! Smiley Smiley Keep your head out of the toilet too... and cover up that ugly protruding thing you speak from... PLEASE! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:12:35 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1141 on: February 10, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »

Glad to see the art of witty repartee endures. My old drinking buddy Oscar would be thrilled.  Smiley

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 10, 2016, 03:33:52 PM »

I really think this guy needs a ghost writer.

You're right, of course. Originally I was getting the impression that this book was already a done deal but it's unpublishable in its current state – or what we've seen of its current state, which suggests any ghost writer would have to dig out a lot more meat to put on these bones.
Smiley Manning...WHAT IS THE CURRENT STATE OF YOUR BOOK? That's what I thought... You can't write so you criticize! Keep up the good work! Speaking of work do you and these other wankers even have a JOB? Grin Grin

Both my books have sold pretty well, thanks for asking, but then one was published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office and the other by the Automobile Association, and both were commissioned in advance of me putting pen to paper so I suppose you could say they had an unfair advantage.

One of the two magazines I edit for a living is gaining sales hand-over-fist – probably up 20–30% year-on-year – against the world-wide print-publishing industry trend. Again, thanks for asking. Stick that in your palm and shake it.

“We live in divisive times.”
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 10, 2016, 04:55:16 PM »

Smiley Manning...AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION?...LOL How fascinating. I bet people can't put it down...FAST ENOUGH! What am I even saying... nobody's even gonna BUY IT... let along READ IT.  FLUSH IT ...YES! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:02:53 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 10, 2016, 04:58:51 PM »

Glad to see the art of witty repartee endures. My old drinking buddy Oscar would be thrilled.  Smiley
Smiley Would that be Oscar Wilde... lets see that would make you older than... what's coming out of your better end... the end your exposing! Great taste in picture representation of yourself! What were you thinking... or smoking... or sniffing... GLUE? Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:03:23 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 10, 2016, 05:09:10 PM »

Rocky, I think it's great seeing, if not exactly reading, all your posts. Personally, I'm just thankful that we can finally have the story of Brian Wilson told with all the ellipses, emojis, and caps lock it deserves. I look forward to the book and strongly recommend against any editorial input. Put it out as-is. That would be spectacular.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 10, 2016, 05:17:29 PM »

All of this vitriol saddens me...I was hoping that Andrew would provide the foreward to Rushton's book!  LOL

The thing is, it's a chicken or the egg scenario. Anyone that would be loco enough to ghost write this 'teenager's diary' would have his work cut out for him. The brave soul that would agree to put these ramblings into coherent English would have to be paid, and I dunno that there's a budget for that.

But it keep it com'in Rushton. It's entertaining and it's free.

Part: 17  "Wha--Ooh"

After I was no longer working for BRIAN WILSON...I was the Marlboro Man...then I went downtown to LOOK FOR A JOB...there were NO JOBS!!!!! So I hung out in front of the drug store. On the second day of my unemployment...I went downtown to LOOK FOR A JOB...and there were NO JOBS!!! So I hung out in front of the drug store. On the third day of my unemployment...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:18:53 PM by Doo Dah » Logged

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 10, 2016, 06:39:42 PM »

We now interrupt this sh#t storm for a new Mike Love RS article clusterfu#k.  Grin

Sorry Pretty Funky, I know  making really funny jokes in this thread is your job.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:42:10 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 10, 2016, 06:43:02 PM »

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 10, 2016, 06:45:44 PM »

We now interrupt this sh#t storm for a new Mike Love RS article clusterfu#k.  Grin

Sorry Pretty Funky, I know  making really funny jokes in this thread is your job.  Wink

Me? Ha....There's enough material in this thread for everyone! LOL
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx