gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:31:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489751 times)
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:53 PM »

That was hysterical!!!
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:56 PM »

Don't be mean.  Time to let rockrush in on the joke.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 04, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »

Smiley Alan, are you being facetious...or are you genuinely getting a good laugh out of this scene? (above) Nervous thrills will make you throw up! LOL LOL I hope it is the latter...I like you! Smiley Smiley
 Smiley Are we all ready for "THE SUPER BOWL" I AM... and it's only Thursday! Smiley Smiley Segment: #3 of "Wha--Ooh" next Monday! Smile  Smiley Smiley
Rocky, facetious, Me? NEVER!  I thought your answer was a cool response to mtaber's baiting Rock!

BTW, do you know who "owns" the tapes of you doin' California Feelin' - I've only been privy to crappy bootleg copies, it would be good to hear a clean copy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:18:13 PM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 04, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »

Rocky, have you ever in person encountered Beach Boys fans/nerds on the level of the bunch on this message board?

Did there exist similar hardcore BB fans interested in tiny BB details back in the 70s when you were with the group, or are you surprised at the BB fan phenomenon that has evolved with the internet?  We are admittedly a wacky bunch. And how familiar were you with the band's music and history before you joined the BB organization? Were you a casual fan?

Hope you have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:15:26 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 04, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »

Rocky, have you ever in person encountered Beach Boys fans/nerds on the level of the bunch on this message board?

Did there exist similar hardcore BB fans interested in tiny BB details back in the 70s when you were with the group, or are you surprised at the BB fan phenomenon that has evolved with the internet?  We are admittedly a wacky bunch. And how familiar were you with the band's music and history before you joined the BB organization? Were you a casual fan?

Hope you have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
Smiley Well, first off let me say that I am relieved to know that Alan, mtaber and myself are copacetic! The Smile posters are an interesting though difficult group of BB fans/nerds bunch as you say. But they are the only ones I know... I've never been on the Internet before or done anything like this before! My manager and Stephen remind me to just have fun with this  They say the banter DRIVES the number of reads through the roof.  SMILE is nearing 50,000 reads and I've only been posting since 12/9/15. Yes, there have always been droves of Beach Boy fans, especially in L.A.  Locals in Pacific Palisades, where I used to live for 10 yrs, in a house that Stan Love and I used to own together, tell me that even when the "Beatles" were exploding on the scene, during the British Invasion, that the BEACH BOYS were ALWAYS NUMBER 1 here in LOS ANGELES! I used to listen to K.L.O.S., back then, so I can attest to that!  And YES, I was always a LOVER of Brian's music and the Boys' sound.  The harmonies were - and still are -  UNPARALLELED! Just ask Paul McCartney.  The SMILE readers have excellent taste in music!  I have always said that BRIAN is "THE MUSICAL WIZARD" and the "ETERNAL TEENAGER."  May he live to be a thousand years old!!!  And keep SMILING! Smiley Smiley The whole world LOVES BRIAN Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:25:22 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 04, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »

Great sentiments Rocky!  Glad you're on here and Glad you're getting used to the wackiness of it all.  Grin
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 04, 2016, 04:01:48 PM »

Smiley Alan, are you being facetious...or are you genuinely getting a good laugh out of this scene? (above) Nervous thrills will make you throw up! LOL LOL I hope it is the latter...I like you! Smiley Smiley
 Smiley Are we all ready for "THE SUPER BOWL" I AM... and it's only Thursday! Smiley Smiley Segment: #3 of "Wha--Ooh" next Monday! Smile  Smiley Smiley
Rocky, facetious, Me? NEVER!  I thought your answer was a cool response to mtaber's baiting Rock!

BTW, do you know who "owns" the tapes of you doin' California Feelin' - I've only been privy to crappy bootleg copies, it would be good to hear a clean copy.
 Smiley Alan, I tried to send you a reply to your email, but I can't seem to do it.  This is all new to me.  But THANK YOU for your kind and encouraging words...and mtaber ain't so bad... I think.  No, I don't know who owns the tapes to the version of "Calif Feelin'" I did, but it could be Marcel Del Sol... he's the one who posted it on YouTube. I met him once, years ago, in a club.  He introduced himself and told me that he was going to post it on YouTube.  He may have even said that he purchased the rights to it in order to do so (?).  I personally am very flattered that anyone likes it!  Many Thanks!  Smiley Smiley And a Special Thanks to Marcel! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:18:15 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 04, 2016, 04:46:28 PM »

Smiley This is a message to Charles LePark... I finally got the correct spelling of your name from Custom Machine (a quick shout out...Thanks) and I have sent you a personal email.  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:00:38 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 04, 2016, 04:57:09 PM »

Rocky, those quotes are from statements made by Dennis back when Surfin' was first released and when the Boys first heard it on the radio. Changed a bit for your benefit. Marilyn & Diane made no such statements.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 04, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »

Smiley Are we all ready for "THE SUPER BOWL" I AM... and it's only Thursday! Smiley Smiley

Any plans to go out to someone's house and kick their ass after this year's big game, Rock?
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 05, 2016, 02:49:51 AM »

Hey Rocky, Thanks for posting the details of the genesis and recording of It's Like Heaven. Those are details ya can't get anywhere else, and thus one of the reasons I enjoy reading this board. And I still absolutely love listening the the American Spring version of that song!

OK, I should have been more specific when I said "You can find Charles LePage's contact info by clicking on his name at the top left of this page http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html." He's the first person posting on the page, listed as "Charles LePage @ ComicList". So his name is not actually at the very top of the page but rather at the top of the posts made on that page, on the left under the word "Author". Click on his name to  to go to the page to send him a PM and/or see his email address, but I've been told he generally does not bother with to respond.

The title of the BB's song Heroes and Villains aptly describes many of the players in the band's story, and it should come as no surprise to you that many of us, myself included, have had you slated under the Villain category. I still find your punching out Carl and you and Stan beating up Dennis to be inexcusable courses of action, but I will say that the backstory you have presented does give one a better understanding of the craziness of the scene back then, and the issues you and Stan faced when you were tasked with looking after Brian. There is also a published story about you calling up Marilyn after your employment with the BBs had ended and spewing a barrage of reprehensibly rude name calling. Assuming this story is accurate, I hope that you have since proffered your sincere apologies to her.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:49:14 PM by Custom Machine » Logged
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 05, 2016, 07:39:19 AM »

Rocky have you ever listened to Dennis Wilson's solo album: Pacific Ocean Blue?  If so, what is your opinion of it?

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 05, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »

Smiley Are we all ready for "THE SUPER BOWL" I AM... and it's only Thursday! Smiley Smiley

Any plans to go out to someone's house and kick their ass after this year's big game, Rock?
Smiley John Malone...  Only if someone gives Brian cocaine or heroin.  By the way, what's your address?  Are YOU doing anything after the BIG GAME? Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:13:58 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 05, 2016, 10:10:26 AM »

Rocky have you ever listened to Dennis Wilson's solo album: Pacific Ocean Blue?  If so, what is your opinion of it?

Smiley Pacific Ocean Blue?  Yes, I have listened to it... and it is exceptional! As a matter of fact, Stephen Love has informed me that the very prestigious British music magazine "MOJO" has "DUBBED" "Pacific Ocean Blue" a "masterpiece"! And Dennis is considered one of the "MOST UNDERRATED" songwriters of our time! I only wish Dennis could have lived to have read this about himself.  He was obviously VERY TALENTED, albeit a bit overshadowed by Brian... and perhaps a bit frustrated?  My feeling is that "IF" Dennis could have received this acclaimed recognition, he might not have been so hellbent on self- destructing.  Dennis' motto or creed was:  "LIVE FAST and LEAVE A GOOD-LOOKING CORPSE!" He was a James Dean prototype..."Rebel Without A Cause"... Dennis' music was his "UNREQUITED CAUSE."  I also feel it is so IRONIC that the "Pacific Ocean Blue" took his life... or perhaps there is some strange poetic justice to his having died in his beloved "Pacific Ocean Blue" (?)  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:07:52 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 05, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »

Smiley Custom Machine...  Marilyn and I are friends.  She and I had dinner together at our past favorite restaurant, Nick's Fishmarket on Sunset Blvd, in 1981 where I picked her up at her Encino home.  We even talked on the phone when I had the "Camel Man" job in 1995 and owned a home in Westwood. Marilyn is aware of my book through Stephen Love who also remains friends with her! Marilyn told me, one time, that Stephen was one of her favorite persons... and that Stephen was the only one she and Brian TRUSTED!! Marilyn is a successful Real Estat agent and is happily married. She and I are cool! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:34:56 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 05, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »

Rocky, is that you and Stan at 8:25?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfZFuslGLSU

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 05, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »

Smiley John Malone, Only if they give Brian "Cocaine" or "Heroin"...and a live in Nurse or his wife Melinda calls Stan (Brian's first cousin) or myself and pleads with us to PREVENT this from HAPPENING! I guess those drugs are ACCEPTABLE to YOU... therefore YOU DON'T MIND IF SOMEONE GIVES THOSE DRUGS TO BRIAN? Are YOU also UNCONCERNED with Brian "HAVING A SEIZURE" and someone having to "STICK A HAMMER" in his mouth TO PREVENT him from swallowing his tongue... and DYING!!!... at the least causing BRAIN DAMAGE! "JOHN MALONE" it's a "GOOD" thing there "ARE NOT" more Brian Wilson FAN"S like YOU! You "JOHN MALONE" give "BEACH BOY FANS" a "BAD NAME"  Smiley Smiley By the way what's your address? Maybe other BEACH BOY FANS would like to VISIT YOU? Are YOU doing anything after the BIG GAME? Smiley Smiley

Yeah, you got it right. I am totally in favor of drugs. Love it when they are given to Brian. Couldn't care less if he has a seizure (on your watch, btw) because of drug intake. And, I also promote brain damage. In fact, those are the only reasons I joined the Smiley Smile Board!!

What a freak.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 05, 2016, 01:37:37 PM »

Smiley catlag... what's the title of the video... there are many! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:06:57 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 05, 2016, 01:41:51 PM »

Smiley John Malone, Only if they give Brian "Cocaine" or "Heroin." By the way what's your address?

Yeah, you got it right. I am totally in favor of drugs. Love it when they are given to Brian. Couldn't care less if he has a seizure (on your watch, btw) because of drug intake. And, I also promote brain damage. In fact, those are the only reasons I joined the Smiley Smile Board!!

What a freak.
LOL "KEEP COMING BACK"... john malone...maybe someday you'll get it? Enjoy the game! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:32:20 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 05, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »

Smiley If you mean... is that Stan and I at Dennis's house at 8:25 am the morning after we "paid" him a visit at 2:30 am... YES!!! That would be the same two guys who got a PHONE CALL, the day before, from Carolyn Williams the HYSTERICAL LIVE IN NURSE AT BRIAN'S HOUSE DESPERATELY PLEADING with Stan... "Please do something about Dennis giving Cocaine to Brian... BRIAN HAD A SEIZURE TODAY AND I HAD TO STICK A HAMMER IN HIS MOUTH TO KEEP HIM FROM SWALLOWING HIS TONGUE... and "DYING" "PLEASE HELP... ME I CAN'T STOP DENNIS... I'M BEGGING YOU?"!!! Is that what your referring to? Now let me hear some "PSYCHO BABBLE" about how we should have sat down with Dennis and asked him nicely... "PLEASE DON'T GIVE BRIAN ANYMORE COCAINE... HE'S YOUR BROTHER... YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO KILL HIM WOULD YOU?... PLEASE DENNIS!!! OK...thank u LOL LOL
Yeah, actually there should have been some PSYCHO BABBLE for Dennis. He had just as serious a drug problem as Brian. Maybe, even more so with cocaine. What a f***ed up bunch of people...

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 05, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »

Smiley If you mean... is that Stan and I at Dennis's house at 8:25 am the morning after we "paid" him a visit at 2:30 am... YES!!! That would be the same two guys who got a PHONE CALL, the day before, from Carolyn Williams the HYSTERICAL LIVE IN NURSE AT BRIAN'S HOUSE DESPERATELY PLEADING with Stan... "Please do something about Dennis giving Cocaine to Brian... BRIAN HAD A SEIZURE TODAY AND I HAD TO STICK A HAMMER IN HIS MOUTH TO KEEP HIM FROM SWALLOWING HIS TONGUE... and "DYING" "PLEASE HELP... ME I CAN'T STOP DENNIS... I'M BEGGING YOU?"!!! Is that what your referring to? Now let me hear some "PSYCHO BABBLE" about how we should have sat down with Dennis and asked him nicely... "PLEASE DON'T GIVE BRIAN ANYMORE COCAINE... HE'S YOUR BROTHER... YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO KILL HIM WOULD YOU?... PLEASE DENNIS!!! OK...thank u LOL LOL

Dennis' house at 8:25 in the morning  LOL
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 05, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »

Smiley Custom Machine, Marilyn and I are friends... she and I had dinner together at our, past, favorite restaurant Nick's Fishmarket, on Sunset blvd, in 1980 (no longer there) and I visited her at her Encino home in 1981... we even talked on the phone when I had the "Camel Man" job in 1995 when I owned a home in Westwood. She is aware of my book through Stephen Love who also remains friends with her.Sad Cry Marilyn is a successful Real Estate Agent and happily married! She and I are cool. Smiley Smiley

Good to hear.
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 05, 2016, 02:32:18 PM »

Uh.. no, that's not at all what I meant. I meant, if you watch the video on the YouTube link there at 8 minutes 25 seconds, is that a picture of you and Stan with Brian sitting at the piano?

Please stop it with that story you've been telling over and over again on this thread. We get it, REALLY.

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 05, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »

Uh.. no, that's not at all what I meant. I meant, if you watch the video on the YouTube link there at 8 minutes 25 seconds, is that a picture of you and Stan with Brian sitting at the piano?

Please stop it with that story you've been telling over and over again on this thread. We get it, REALLY.
Are you asking a question you already know the answer to, or are you genuinely unsure if that is Stan and Rocky pictured at 8:25?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 05, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »

Smiley If you mean... Did we pay Dennis a visit the next morning?... Yes we did! Smiley Smiley

Are you asking a question you already know the answer to, or are you genuinely unsure if that is Stan and Rocky pictured at 8:25?
Smiley Good question Juice... and it wouldn't hurt to know which video... I just checked out all 9 of the Bio's where you can run the arrow down the time line to... 8:25... on all of them and there wasn't anything with Brian at a Piano on them. Maybe catlag could be more specific... like... the title of the video? But juice... I bet you know if it was Stan and I? Was it...?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:19:22 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx