-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  "Hank Briarstem Arrested for DUI"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Hank Briarstem Arrested for DUI"  (Read 2731 times)
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2017, 06:53:33 AM »

Someone recently sent me a clipping from a Clearwater* paper (old-style!) reporting such. Thought you should know...to avoid confusion. It’s not our boy. I phoned  Briarstem’s third wife Candy*, who said it couldn’t have been Hank, who, she swore, was in England at the time of incident. To back it up, I contacted the Clearwater paper, which established that the person of interest was named Hank Earl Briarstem. Another dude…so, not to worry. Candy informed me that our Briarstem was in Merry Old tracking down legendary BB fanboy Topgazza. It seems the two had a big falling-out over a trade-gone-bad. Hank had offered a 1977 Silver Jubilee scones tin* for Topgazza’s (purported) “Dutch Uncle” double-vinyl boot of Holland outtakes. When Hank complained that the boot seemed to be a piss-poor recording of what seemed to be Zydeco/Polish-harmony fusion, Topgazza demurred, claiming you could hear someone yelling “where the hell is Desper when you need him” near the end of the third album side. Hank headed across the pond to seek restitution, and topgazza went into hiding.

*Florida
*she and I had a little pas de deux about 14 months ago.
*oddly enough, found at an outdoor flea market in Bowling Green KY. Evidently the tin was embossed, with 4-color designs and a striking illustration of the queen looking vaguely like Scarlett Johansson.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »

I love this stuff. Anything involving (or only half involving) "our boy" is required reading. Bless you, sir!   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:13:24 AM »

Thanks, JK. Will let you know what I hear. The bumgravy crowd moves slowly
these days. No texting and lots of pressure-lowering eye-drop medications.*
Hank remains an enigma worth considering*.

*in my case, Lumigan (bimatoprost 0.1 mg/ml)
*even if his recent travels and detours prevented him from offering input into the new Wild Honey issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: