gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:09:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys: America's Band by Johnny Morgan (2015)  (Read 5621 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:02:07 PM »

The Beach Boys: America's Band by Johnny Morgan (2015)

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »

It's been a long time since we've had a big coffee table book on The Beach Boys. This one is loaded with great photos and reproductions of magazine articles. As with most books like this there are some factual errors (for example, BWPS was NOT a live album!) but it's a nice overview of their career and, for those who get a kick out of this sort thing, even delves a little into the ousting of Al Jardine and various latter day Mike Love-led projects that never materialized.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 08:43:57 PM »

It's been a long time since we've had a big coffee table book on The Beach Boys. This one is loaded with great photos and reproductions of magazine articles. As with most books like this there are some factual errors (for example, BWPS was NOT a live album!) but it's a nice overview of their career and, for those who get a kick out of this sort thing, even delves a little into the ousting of Al Jardine and various latter day Mike Love-led projects that never materialized.

BWPS was a live project. It was the music arranged in a way that would be easy and satisfying to perform live. I know the 2004 release wasnt the live recording but I could see what they mean by that. Easy mistake/miscommunication to make.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »

Hmm..I would agree in principle, but that was a MAJOR deal "the heavens have parted" kind of release at the time. Pretty much the biggest event in Beach Boys history in ages. It may be an editor's fault. I know that there are also wrong dates attributed to photos but I know that generally that's not the domain the author.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »

Meh.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:58:03 PM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx