gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:01:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liam Gallagher's Pretty Green Clothing making Beach Boys range - Yes, REALLY...  (Read 4853 times)
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2015, 08:42:20 AM »

Based on the Wild Honey album design...

Discussed here...

http://www.prettygreen.com/news/2015/11/4/black-label-prints-making/

http://www.prettygreen.com/news/2015/11/4/beatles-vs-beach-boys/

http://www.prettygreen.com/discover/aw15/black-label

On sale here

http://www.prettygreen.com/search/?q=Wild%20Honey
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:49:48 AM by Zander » Logged

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:04:41 AM »

I couldn't find it on the page, I wonder if royalties are paid to the 'boys?  Or if that's even legally necessary?  Glad to see Liam being successful, always liked him. 

Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:26:07 AM »

Is it his brother who hates the Beach Boys?
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 06:28:03 PM »

Man, I want that blazer.  $616 though. Cry
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:26:34 AM »

Is it his brother who hates the Beach Boys?

To be honest, just in my opinion, the Gallagher brothers have always been so ridiculous that you can't really take anything they say about who they hate seriously. 

They're both really talented, both great performers, Noel's a great songwriter, Liam's a great singer and a decent songwriter... but if you get too caught up in who they say they hate you're never going to make sense of it.  They basically like to run their mouth about anything and everything but at the end of the day they're both completely harmless. 

I honestly don't think they even take themselves seriously. 
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »

Noel is not a Beach Boys fan, though he says he likes Good Vibrations. Liam on the other hand must actually be a fan of them.

When I watched Noel's interview where he ripped on The Beach Boys, it prompted me to get Pet Sounds and listen to more of them. And now here I am.

Brian introduced The Little Girl I Once Knew by saying that the first two notes sounded "Chinese," but not to worry because the rest of the song was "American."    
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 01:28:44 PM »

"The competition between the two bands started as far back as 1965, when the Beatles film ‘A Hard Days Night’, released in August 1964 was matched in March 1965 by the release of ‘The Beach Boys Today’. The Beach Boys film featured a number of Brian Wilson’s songs, such as ‘Help Me, Rhonda’ and ‘When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)’ "

News to me, though looking this up, I see there's a 1993 road documentary with that title that I'd never heard of.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 01:34:28 PM »

You just know Noel was bitching about the 'Boys because he's such a fan of the Beatles.  I will never understand why some people insist on pitting those two against each other, personally I like listening to Beatles music just as soon as I finish listening to Beach Boys music. 
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »

Those designs aren't much.  I would never have associated them with the Wild Honey album cover, kinda like what is the point?  Just too obscure of a "musical-clothing reference"!
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »

Those designs aren't much.  I would never have associated them with the Wild Honey album cover, kinda like what is the point?  Just too obscure of a "musical-clothing reference"!

I noticed that too, but I think the idea is that they aren't ripping it off, but instead making designs inspired by the artwork.

Brian introduced The Little Girl I Once Knew by saying that the first two notes sounded "Chinese," but not to worry because the rest of the song was "American."    
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »

Those shirts are cool, but man, who would pay that much money for those?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »

People who wear clothes like that?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 07:40:19 PM »

Those clothes, all three labels, are gorgeous. If they're as well-made as they look, and I were a guy, and I had the cash, I'd get all my clothes there.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 10:22:09 PM »

I agree. Wild Honey cover is very generic - just flowers & bees. Anyone could make design like that. These clothes don't even have bees. Liam isn't fan.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 12:43:36 AM »

You just know Noel was bitching about the 'Boys because he's such a fan of the Beatles.  I will never understand why some people insist on pitting those two against each other, personally I like listening to Beatles music just as soon as I finish listening to Beach Boys music. 

Smiley
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 11:05:53 PM »

People who wear clothes like that?

Who the f*** wears clothes like that, besides hipster cunts?

I understand the popularity of a band like Oasis, but I don't understand the sh*t eating pretentiousness of those Gallagher broz cuntz and the people who would eat enough feces to buy and eat the fecal matter that constitutes the feces that is the fecality of the fece that fece fece that Wild Honey Jacket, etc that is sold thru "Pretty Green"

WHich in my non-biased opinion would call "Feece Green"

What the f*** kind of asscunt would pay 70+ dollars (not British pounds, that would cost even MORE) for a t-shirt that is no better than a Hanes 2 dollar.

No mas, por favor.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »

PS THESE SHIRT JACKETS ARE CUNTFART GARBAGE.

No mas, por favor.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx