gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680781 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 08:38:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New David Marks track - "Kustom Kar Show"  (Read 17119 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2015, 02:02:42 AM »

If I were Mike and Brian listening to this, & I should say Al and Bruce as well, they would want to get together and make an album with various different songs, some really burning like this one and some others mellow as hell. It's really up to Brian and Mike

Forget it. Brian only works if he's in total creative control, he's not a team player. And he just isn't into energetic music anymore, the TWGMTR and NPP albums show that very clearly. He's not going to let a driving song like this put on an album.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »

I fear that you are 100% correct in this. This is quite a shame, but it underlines why we will have to enjoy individual beach boy music for the rest of their lives, with the occasional visit, cameo, or partial collaboration such as David and Alan working with Brian etc etc. But it's a shame that they don't have a way to pool their collective talents. They really did not do so on the radio album. I think Bruce described it as a bunt or a punt, I don't remember which, but other word indicates in a sports metaphor a type of resignation or failure or safe decision, something like that.

If I were Mike and Brian listening to this, & I should say Al and Bruce as well, they would want to get together and make an album with various different songs, some really burning like this one and some others mellow as hell. It's really up to Brian and Mike

Forget it. Brian only works if he's in total creative control, he's not a team player. And he just isn't into energetic music anymore, the TWGMTR and NPP albums show that very clearly. He's not going to let a driving song like this put on an album.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »

Closing in on 1,000 plays on Soundcloud.  Not too shabby!
kermit27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »

Looks like the pre-order and samples are available for David's new album:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CF444PA?ie=UTF8&keywords=david%20marks%20garage&qid=1457560697&ref_=sr_1_4&sr=8-4

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »

*cough* Sheriff of Noddingham *cough*
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2016, 05:34:04 AM »

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll keep this in mind when it comes time to making this project public. We still have some things to consider and the tracks still need to be mastered, plus artwork, but it’s looking good for a full release.

Any info on this david Marks song Anytime USA? It sounds new also like Kustom Kar Show.

The words to Anytime USA were written by David and Stevie Kalinich while driving around in LA traffic during the BB Landmark weekend - so that makes it 10 years old already.  David went home (NY at the time) and wrote the music & recorded the track.  Dennis Diken of the Smithereens plays drum, Jez Graham is on the organ and Alan Boyd is singing all the backing vocals.  This song was sort of released on the ‘let’s pretend this didn’t happen’ album, The Circle Continues.  This track is actually pretty good, thank you for the reminder.  Since the new project is going up on iTunes, I will release a digital version of Anytime USA as well. 

Thanks for the info! Thats awesome news you will have to let me know when you get that music up on itunes!

Does anyone know if this is going to be a bonus track still?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx