Rock & Roll Again - a Mike Love album?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Andrew G. Doe:
Quote from: donald on July 09, 2006, 08:11:15 AM

Carl's albums......worse??????

Carl's albums. Worse.

MBE:
While I wouldn't say Carl's albums are worse (though they are mediocre at best), this LP is pretty bad. BTW California Dreaming was not replaced it just has one less song.

c-man:
BTW, "Rock 'n' Roll City" (the name of the Radio Shack release from '83) was a cassette-only release, but it came with an LP-sized cardboard attachment.  Can't remember if Eric mentioned this, but Daryl Dragon produced a lot of it.  Not sure if "Listen To The Air" was on LP?  Never bothered to get it. 

And, since we're giving opinions here, Carl's albums are WAY better.  The lyrics are sometimes (OK, usually) generic, but the vocals and intrumentation are much better, and the melodies are almost always very good.   Plus the harmonies are killer most of the time.  Carl was a gifted vocalist, and would've sounded good singing the phone book. 

Third Coast:
Seems like when the R&R City cassette came out, Mike said he considered it his first solo album. When the interviewer asked about "Looking Back with Love," ML pretended (jokingly) not to know what the guy was talking about.

Carl's albums never blew me away, but I'll take them over this anytime.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇:
Quote from: Andrew G. Doe on July 09, 2006, 03:35:43 PM

Quote from: donald on July 09, 2006, 08:11:15 AM

Carl's albums......worse??????

Carl's albums. Worse.

Yes indeed. Carl's vocals can't save them; the production is terrible, the mix is overbusy, and the songs are generic and boring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page