gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:55:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love Christmas Song... Exclusive premiere in Rolling Stone...  (Read 22544 times)
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »

Apologies if someone posted this already, but I didn't see it after a pretty thorough search. Pitchfork has this bit of news on the Phoenix version of "Alone on Christmas Day":
http://pitchfork.com/news/62151-bill-murray-and-phoenix-putting-out-christmas-single/

They give almost every detail you could think of except one: who the composer is.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
KDS
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2015, 10:25:59 AM »

Apologies if someone posted this already, but I didn't see it after a pretty thorough search. Pitchfork has this bit of news on the Phoenix version of "Alone on Christmas Day":
http://pitchfork.com/news/62151-bill-murray-and-phoenix-putting-out-christmas-single/

They give almost every detail you could think of except one: who the composer is.

The other question is: Why in the world do people keep putting Miley Cyrus on TV (or in this case, streaming TV). 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2015, 04:38:34 AM »

It's tradition for Beach Boys Christmas Songs to have certain lyrics that make absolutely no sense, so Mike threw that in there to make it authentic.

For instance...

"Christmas comes this Time each Year!.   Christmas Comes this Time each year!"

Why, thank you for that Mike.  What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Um, that Christmas comes this time each year? This is not 1st time when smb's baffled at this line & I don't know why.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2016, 07:48:54 AM »

Now available on disc as part of some very expensive holiday gift packages on mikelove.com ($150+).

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:56:00 AM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2016, 04:42:27 PM »

Did this guy ever get his ring back?

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »

Now available on disc as part of some very expensive holiday gift packages on mikelove.com ($150+).

That shirt looks horrendous.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2016, 07:28:39 PM »

That shirt looks horrendous.

If you're thinking of buying this crap, a donation to charity would perhaps be a more dignified way to spend money.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:30:06 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »

I wonder if there is anymore Mike love songs on that CD other the Alone on Christmas day? It is called a single otherwise it would be a little missleading and should be called a Alone on Christmas Day CD single!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx