gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:26:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still Tourin' Trailer  (Read 28863 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »

brYhan probably asked for it to be deleted, since he can't stand that he's living in Mike's shadow and plays way fewer shows.

Yeah, who needs a solo album from Capitol and a critically-acclaimed movie... what BW surely wants are more county fair gigs. Kind of an unfulfilled dream of his. Well, hopefully the 50th Anniversary of Pet Sounds can include a few gigs that include free chicken wings so he can match up to Mike Love's level.

Seriously, why did the Loves delete that link if it was just a fan video? Seems awfully odd to deprive the fans of such positivity. I don't get it. Somebody really smug explain the logic.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:08:23 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
IainLee
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 02:06:36 AM »

Definitely worthy of the criticism. The video is labeled "Still Tourin'" and is based largely on clips from a lineup and tour that was far greater in quality of music and quantity of seats per venue than what is actually on the road "still tourin'" right now. Despicable.

Someone's put together a nice two and a half minute film of The Beach Boys. I quite liked it. Watched it once, probably won't watch it again. Bit of fun.

Despicable? Gosh. Seems a bit strong.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:08:03 AM by IainLee » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 02:59:11 AM »

Speaking of bits of fun, how's that piece going on why some people hate Mike Love? I mean you did help generate 36 some odd pages with that one.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,22638.0.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:01:03 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 03:42:31 AM »

Definitely worthy of the criticism. The video is labeled "Still Tourin'" and is based largely on clips from a lineup and tour that was far greater in quality of music and quantity of seats per venue than what is actually on the road "still tourin'" right now. Despicable.

Someone's put together a nice two and a half minute film of The Beach Boys. I quite liked it. Watched it once, probably won't watch it again. Bit of fun.

Despicable? Gosh. Seems a bit strong.

Ian did you make the video?! Cheesy

It was a nice video. Definitely not despicable.  I reckon it was taken down because of the use of copyrighted stuff, like the Wink Martindale interview clips and stuff.

IainLee
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 03:59:07 AM »

Speaking of bits of fun, how's that piece going on why some people hate Mike Love? I mean you did help generate 36 some odd pages with that one.

Yup. Went well thanks. It's sat with Record Collector magazine so fingers crossed.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 04:43:38 AM »

Schaudenfreude... wonderful word, wonderful concept.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2015, 04:45:22 AM »

*Schadenfreude

Wink

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2015, 04:47:34 AM »

brYhan probably asked for it to be deleted, since he can't stand that he's living in Mike's shadow and plays way fewer shows.

Yeah, who needs a solo album from Capitol and a critically-acclaimed movie... what BW surely wants are more county fair gigs. Kind of an unfulfilled dream of his. Well, hopefully the 50th Anniversary of Pet Sounds can include a few gigs that include free chicken wings so he can match up to Mike Love's level.

Seriously, why did the Loves delete that link if it was just a fan video? Seems awfully odd to deprive the fans of such positivity. I don't get it. Somebody really smug explain the logic.

Yeah despite Mike's online guys trying to smear BW, the general public gets that M&B are hacks living off the BBs legacy with crap like this video being posted on the ML facebook page.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2015, 05:49:26 AM »

Doing gigs not in a non-metro location shows respect for what they do and appeciation for their fan hood. For starters, they feed us.  Only in the U.S. Is there such disrespect for an agrarian location.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2015, 05:58:24 AM »

How about that parking lot gig in Alaska?

That is about as low as M&B have ever gone and its not even about the fans. Its a Mike Love cash grab as always.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:00:56 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2015, 06:08:16 AM »

How about that parking lot gig in Alaska?

That is about as low as M&B have ever gone and its not even about the fans. Its a Mike Love cash grab as always.
Who cares where they play so long as they can plug in mics and instruments or not? And some folks show up.

After some tornados few years back, they played an impromptu concert in Alabama IIRC ( including Stamos) for the local displaced residents. I suppose there is a problem with that, too. I doubt that there was cash exchanged. It is on "the News
Courier (Athens-courier.com)"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:22:16 AM by filledeplage » Logged
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2015, 06:17:38 AM »

Wow I don't login for a while a people and someone invites the Brian bashers or Mike Lovers  LOL This Legendary LSD taker can't  dish much out if he's following Mike. Brian in Mike's Shadow? More like Mike trying to ride the wave to catch up to Brian's amazing talent. Brian put out tons of great Solo albums where's Mikes? Mike and Dean, The Beach Boys Salute NASCAR? Um no, so LSD thinks he can disappoint us true Brian fans well war has begun, from a long time poster and board lover. Peace and... Never mind Bye! Just remember when the flood of Mike fans roll in, there are plenty of Brian fans to come to the rescue!  LOL  Evil  Grin Grin Grin
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2015, 06:24:27 AM »

Wow I don't login for a while a people and someone invites the Brian bashers or Mike Lovers  LOL This Legendary LSD taker can't  dish much out if he's following Mike. Brian in Mike's Shadow? More like Mike trying to ride the wave to catch up to Brian's amazing talent. Brian put out tons of great Solo albums where's Mikes? Mike and Dean, The Beach Boys Salute NASCAR? Um no, so LSD thinks he can disappoint us true Brian fans well war has begun, from a long time poster and board lover. Peace and... Never mind Bye! Just remember when the flood of Mike fans roll in, there are plenty of Brian fans to come to the rescue!  LOL  Evil  Grin Grin Grin
This isn't about "picking sides," unless that is what floats your boat.  Some of us are Beach Boys fans. All the Beach Boys.

Who is LSD?

IainLee
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2015, 06:32:20 AM »

Anyway, I really enjoyed the Still Tourin' video. Thanks to the original poster for sharing.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2015, 06:41:01 AM »

Well it was on the official Mike Love Facebook page and then taken off....       Roll Eyes
Oh, so you liked his Facebook page?

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 07:46:15 AM »

Was this posted to Mike's Facebook page by the compiler/fan, as he did with a fake Love & Mercy trailer to Brian's Facebook page, or something else?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 08:04:47 AM »

*Schadenfreude

Wink

That too.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 08:10:31 AM »

It's like watching a toddler who is so angry he can't speak properly any more. Most diverting.  Grin

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 08:14:06 AM »

Yup. Went well thanks. It's sat with Record Collector magazine so fingers crossed.

Good luck and thanks for taking the time to put Ontor's mind at ease.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 08:22:56 AM »

It's like watching a toddler who is so angry he can't speak properly any more. Most diverting.  Grin
It won't work, now go PM the mods.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2015, 10:27:08 AM »

*crickets* something is amiss with the video being posted on the ML page by the moderator and then scrubbed without comment the next day.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:33:59 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2015, 11:01:20 AM »

Maybe someone's been inspired by the brash success of the Donald Trump candidacy and thought this would work?  It's quite a curiosity, isn't it?  My what a person misses when tied up on writing deadlines...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:02:19 AM by Debbie KL » Logged
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »

Maybe someone's been inspired by the brash success of the Donald Trump candidacy and thought this would work?  It's quite a curiosity, isn't it?  My what a person misses when tied up on writing deadlines...

Um, what?
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2015, 04:37:48 PM »

Maybe someone's been inspired by the brash success of the Donald Trump candidacy and thought this would work?  It's quite a curiosity, isn't it?  My what a person misses when tied up on writing deadlines...

Um, what?

Don't worry about it, Marty.  By your posts I assume that you're one of the true believers who couldn't imagine anything else but that this video was created by a fan with professional talents.  And what amazing footage.  A fan who honestly believes that today's touring BBs are the same as the 2012 BBs and the 1964 BBs. You guys just keep on doing your thing...I'll just keep smiling...I'm no one's attorney so it isn't my problem.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:41:58 PM by Debbie KL » Logged
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »

Maybe someone's been inspired by the brash success of the Donald Trump candidacy and thought this would work?  It's quite a curiosity, isn't it?  My what a person misses when tied up on writing deadlines...

Um, what?

Don't worry about it, Marty.  By your posts I assume that you're one of the true believers who couldn't imagine anything else but that this video was created by a fan with professional talents.  And what amazing footage.  A fan who honestly believes that today's touring BBs are the same as the 2012 BBs and the 1964 BBs. You guys just keep on doing your thing...I'll just keep smiling...I'm no one's attorney so it isn't my problem.

I'm flattered that you dug into my past posts. I had no idea that this was posted on Mike's facebook page, but based on the YouTube link only (and that was what was presented by the OP), I assumed it to be done by a talented amateur.

Your initial effort here was nonsensical. I trust not one person had any idea what you were talking about...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx