gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:49:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mike Love Song!  (Read 13513 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »

If we can't all agree on whether Mike was, for instance, the main force behind the 2012 reunion breaking up, and if we can't agree on whether Brian used autotune on NPP, then it's just a big hornet's nest to try to all agree on the hugely subjective topic of what's funny or not funny. Seriously.

Similar to how a cogent, thoughtful, respectful article delving into the intensely interesting topic of why Mike is so reviled could be written yet rarely or never is, so too could a truly biting, stinging, yet funny parody of Mike be written, yet rarely or never is. (And yes, we're talking something with a bit more bite than, say, Fallon's Beach Boys sketch; we're talking something that Mike wouldn't want to play on the video screen at his shows).

My take on this video is that it was a rather labored, largely unfunny bit. Almost unintentionally, I thought the one part with the nasal whine with no on-screen words and only a ".........." followed by simply singing "surfin'" was kind of funny and the only part that kind of correctly nailed the sort of parody that could be done.

It's probably still on YouTube somewhere, but several years ago there was some metal band that had literally recorded a song called "F*** You Mike Love" that was so ridiculously over the top that it was kind of funny. At one point the guy starts running though all the people he does like. "We likes you Carl Wilson, we likes you Dennis Wilson, we likes you Al Jardine, we even likes you Al Jarreau, but f*** you Mike Love!" I remember almost finding it more funny that it didn't appear to be a YouTube-specific song rant. It was like an actual album cut that some band had done.
Hey Jude - here is an oversimpification...When there are problems in any organization, political or otherwise, a scape goat is always sought out. And frankly, it defies logic as to why people would invest so much talent, time and energy to attack a person, which could surely be invested in doing good and being productive.  If you don't like someone, just move along and find someone you do.  If anyone doesn't like Mike, which is anyone's prerogative, who cares?  But to while away one's days and nights churning hate is a non-productive use of time. 

We have people in this world, who are hungry, homeless, kids who are parentless, people getting beheaded daily, gay people being thrown off towers, and others who must have little to do, creating videos attacking a figure in music whose career is over the 50 year mark.  This "activism" might be better harnassed to do good in the world.  Just sayin'  Wink
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2015, 07:45:38 AM »

If we can't all agree on whether Mike was, for instance, the main force behind the 2012 reunion breaking up, and if we can't agree on whether Brian used autotune on NPP, then it's just a big hornet's nest to try to all agree on the hugely subjective topic of what's funny or not funny. Seriously.

Similar to how a cogent, thoughtful, respectful article delving into the intensely interesting topic of why Mike is so reviled could be written yet rarely or never is, so too could a truly biting, stinging, yet funny parody of Mike be written, yet rarely or never is. (And yes, we're talking something with a bit more bite than, say, Fallon's Beach Boys sketch; we're talking something that Mike wouldn't want to play on the video screen at his shows).

My take on this video is that it was a rather labored, largely unfunny bit. Almost unintentionally, I thought the one part with the nasal whine with no on-screen words and only a ".........." followed by simply singing "surfin'" was kind of funny and the only part that kind of correctly nailed the sort of parody that could be done.

It's probably still on YouTube somewhere, but several years ago there was some metal band that had literally recorded a song called "F*** You Mike Love" that was so ridiculously over the top that it was kind of funny. At one point the guy starts running though all the people he does like. "We likes you Carl Wilson, we likes you Dennis Wilson, we likes you Al Jardine, we even likes you Al Jarreau, but f*** you Mike Love!" I remember almost finding it more funny that it didn't appear to be a YouTube-specific song rant. It was like an actual album cut that some band had done.
Hey Jude - here is an oversimpification...When there are problems in any organization, political or otherwise, a scape goat is always sought out. And frankly, it defies logic as to why people would invest so much talent, time and energy to attack a person, which could surely be invested in doing good and being productive.  If you don't like someone, just move along and find someone you do.  If anyone doesn't like Mike, which is anyone's prerogative, who cares?  But to while away one's days and nights churning hate is a non-productive use of time. 

We have people in this world, who are hungry, homeless, kids who are parentless, people getting beheaded daily, gay people being thrown off towers, and others who must have little to do, creating videos attacking a figure in music whose career is over the 50 year mark.  This "activism" might be better harnassed to do good in the world.  Just sayin'  Wink
You seem to be overly concerned about people's use of their time. Maybe they need you to tell them exactly how to use it and thus have a much better world. If someone wants to spend time making a video about a public figure, then that's fine whether it be myKe luHv or the Pope. The point is that it drew out laughter for some and there's is nothing inherently wrong with that but I'll wager that most here watched it in full, didn't they? I'm sure the luhvster will still continue to survive despite this blip and that he and we should be ready for more of them to follow.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2015, 07:49:54 AM »

Mike doesn't have a problem with someone making a video poking fun at him; he played the video at his concerts.

If we exclusively pay attention to the things in your last paragraph, then this board shouldn't even exist and this conversation shouldn't be happening (and Mike should be playing a PSA at his shows instead of playing a comedy sketch video). It's a common tactic to wait until someone says something *you* don't like, and then conveniently produce the "there are people starving somewhere in the world" argument. I've seen that argument for over 20 years on the internet and thought we had moved past it, but clearly not. 99.9% of discussions on the internet shouldn't exist if we're only supposed to do productive, altruistic, meaningful things with our time.  

Separately, and this doesn't apply particularly to Mike Love, I would argue that simply "moving on" and ignoring something/someone you don't like isn't always appropriate. Parody and satire have often been effective tools in criticizing people/movements/organizations, etc.

And if we're supposed to ignore things you don't agree with and just move on and do something more productive, why post in this thread?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2015, 07:57:45 AM »

Hey Jude - here is an oversimpification...When there are problems in any organization, political or otherwise, a scape goat is always sought out. And frankly, it defies logic as to why people would invest so much talent, time and energy to attack a person, which could surely be invested in doing good and being productive.  If you don't like someone, just move along and find someone you do.  If anyone doesn't like Mike, which is anyone's prerogative, who cares?  But to while away one's days and nights churning hate is a non-productive use of time.  

We have people in this world, who are hungry, homeless, kids who are parentless, people getting beheaded daily, gay people being thrown off towers, and others who must have little to do, creating videos attacking a figure in music whose career is over the 50 year mark.  This "activism" might be better harnassed to do good in the world.  Just sayin'  Wink
You seem to be overly concerned about people's use of their time. Maybe they need you to tell them exactly how to use it and thus have a much better world. If someone wants to spend time making a video about a public figure, then that's fine whether it be myKe luHv or the Pope. The point is that it drew out laughter for some and there's is nothing inherently wrong with that but I'll wager that most here watched it in full, didn't they? I'm sure the luhvster will still continue to survive despite this blip and that he and we should be ready for more of them to follow.
Well, OSD - not really.  This was not a new video - since it was posted about 5 months ago.  And this has gone on for four pages.

You must remember the days when Brian was the butt of many jokes and speculation when he left the road. And Brian wasn't there to defend himself.   I found it as unfunny hearing "rumors" of Brian's "status" as I do watching "wannabe's"  (and those who have second hand knowledge are exactly that) creating videos when much is 30 year old gossip and innuendo.  And as much as they have a right to create what I consider garbage, I have a right to opine that it is exactly that.  Garbage.  Wink
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2015, 08:17:41 AM »

Mike doesn't have a problem with someone making a video poking fun at him; he played the video at his concerts.

If we exclusively pay attention to the things in your last paragraph, then this board shouldn't even exist and this conversation shouldn't be happening (and Mike should be playing a PSA at his shows instead of playing a comedy sketch video). It's a common tactic to wait until someone says something *you* don't like, and then conveniently produce the "there are people starving somewhere in the world" argument. I've seen that argument for over 20 years on the internet and thought we had moved past it, but clearly not. 99.9% of discussions on the internet shouldn't exist if we're only supposed to do productive, altruistic, meaningful things with our time.  

Separately, and this doesn't apply particularly to Mike Love, I would argue that simply "moving on" and ignoring something/someone you don't like isn't always appropriate. Parody and satire have often been effective tools in criticizing people/movements/organizations, etc.

And if we're supposed to ignore things you don't agree with and just move on and do something more productive, why post in this thread?
Hey Jude - yes, he played the clip, and, I saw it at some show. It wasn't all about Mike but a general parody. We (in a free society) like that and fight for that as a democratic principle. 

But, some here have a "focused" agenda that is analogous to political "party lines." It is like the retold joke.  Once, maybe twice, it is funny, then, it is old.  It becomes a nagging harangue. 

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2015, 08:19:38 AM »

"Love is Caps"👳🏼
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2015, 09:00:35 AM »

Hey Jude - yes, he played the clip, and, I saw it at some show. It wasn't all about Mike but a general parody. We (in a free society) like that and fight for that as a democratic principle. 

But, some here have a "focused" agenda that is analogous to political "party lines." It is like the retold joke.  Once, maybe twice, it is funny, then, it is old.  It becomes a nagging harangue. 

I would argue Fallon's clip was a parody of the lyrics of "Fun Fun Fun", which pretty directly targets Mike (whether Fallon knows or cares that Mike wrote lyrics, I don't know), and then parodies Mike's era-specific dance moves and stage persona. Beyond that, it certainly is a generic parody of the era and of that type of music in general. But every other "Beach Boy" in the clip is generic and is simply there to fill space on the stage.

Make no mistake, Fallon's bit didn't really have any bite, and as I've alluded to regarding Fallon, he seems unwilling to do anything but a purely good-natured comedy bit. For what it was, I thought it was funny. He surprisingly nailed Mike's stage persona of that era pretty well, and I think the song itself (which obviously I like) is ripe for that sort of parody. It is repetitious and infamously continually rhymes "now" with "now" over and over.

Unfortunately, your taste in comedy or your sense of humor or your sense of when comedy has an "agenda" versus being done for pure comedic value, all of those things can't be used as any sort of measuring stick. I could just as easily say your (or anybody's) distaste for a piece of comedy is fueled by bias and an agenda.

Brian has had fun poked at him, and arguably insensitively (Tim Robbins on SNL; a good impersonation, but obviously in retrospect Brian was in a pretty dicey situation at the time; so can we still laugh at that clip? Maybe, maybe not). I've heard as many "Brian is out of it" references and jokes from casual fans (and non fans) as I have heard references to Mike being an a-hole. Whether we like it or not, those are two of the non-music things the Beach Boys are most well-known for.

As always, there are truths and lies about the BBs (or anyone) everywhere. But usually, a widespread notion is not *completely* off the mark. People continually reference Brian being out of it. We as fans know the more detailed story, but I certainly see *why* some people have that perception of Brian. Similarly, is Mike misunderstood, and does understanding him require more context? Absolutely. But so many people having so much contempt for him is not 100% fabricated out of nothing. He does and says things that lead to these perceptions. If Mike cared about changing those perceptions, he wouldn't give "interviews" like the one he gave to David Beard earlier this year.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »

I found the Fallon sketch fairly funny but thought it outstayed it's welcome somewhat.
I've been laughing at the f*** U Mike Love song for years.
I thought the Hitler rant whilst listening to TWGMTR superb.
I find much of the Mike Love Photos thread to be very funny and have posted many myself (including the - to the best of my knowledge - only caption to be removed by the mods).

I'll laugh at anything I find funny, nothing's off limits to me. I'm a big fan of Mike but don't hold him up as a sacred cow (unlike certain people who are fans of other bandmembers).

However, this song, like the Mike and teenage girl sketch from the other week was just crap. Mike's bald! Mike sues people! Oh the hilarity! Surely unless you are one of the Gruesome Twosome it takes more than that to get a laugh?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2015, 09:43:31 AM »

I would argue Fallon's clip was a parody of the lyrics of "Fun Fun Fun", which pretty directly targets Mike (whether Fallon knows or cares that Mike wrote lyrics, I don't know), and then parodies Mike's era-specific dance moves and stage persona. Beyond that, it certainly is a generic parody of the era and of that type of music in general. But every other "Beach Boy" in the clip is generic and is simply there to fill space on the stage.

Make no mistake, Fallon's bit didn't really have any bite, and as I've alluded to regarding Fallon, he seems unwilling to do anything but a purely good-natured comedy bit. For what it was, I thought it was funny. He surprisingly nailed Mike's stage persona of that era pretty well, and I think the song itself (which obviously I like) is ripe for that sort of parody. It is repetitious and infamously continually rhymes "now" with "now" over and over.

Unfortunately, your taste in comedy or your sense of humor or your sense of when comedy has an "agenda" versus being done for pure comedic value, all of those things can't be used as any sort of measuring stick. I could just as easily say your (or anybody's) distaste for a piece of comedy is fueled by bias and an agenda.

Brian has had fun poked at him, and arguably insensitively (Tim Robbins on SNL; a good impersonation, but obviously in retrospect Brian was in a pretty dicey situation at the time; so can we still laugh at that clip? Maybe, maybe not). I've heard as many "Brian is out of it" references and jokes from casual fans (and non fans) as I have heard references to Mike being an a-hole. Whether we like it or not, those are two of the non-music things the Beach Boys are most well-known for.

As always, there are truths and lies about the BBs (or anyone) everywhere. But usually, a widespread notion is not *completely* off the mark. People continually reference Brian being out of it. We as fans know the more detailed story, but I certainly see *why* some people have that perception of Brian. Similarly, is Mike misunderstood, and does understanding him require more context? Absolutely. But so many people having so much contempt for him is not 100% fabricated out of nothing. He does and says things that lead to these perceptions. If Mike cared about changing those perceptions, he wouldn't give "interviews" like the one he gave to David Beard earlier this year.
Hey Jude - First, you have no idea what my "taste is" in comedy.  That is a judgment. You don't know me.

Second, one must achieve a certain level of status on some level, to become parodied.  Eg.  Larry David playing Bernie Sanders.  It is a certain recognition to be parodied.  Larry was funny, and reports are that Bernie was pleased that someone as esteemed in comedy would take him on for a parody.  In the late 60's and 70's when fans didn't see Brian, there were many unkind remarks made.  What I can tell you is that at any show, Mike and Carl would often tell the audience that Brian was working hard in the studio. No doubt those unkind comments had reached their ears and they were in "protection mode." There was always a reference to Brian's work. Maybe to try to shut these unkind rumors up...

Those interviews aren't falsehoods, and I say that because of some of what I've read here.  Some of those very personages have posted here about those "days." And bragged about it, treating the situation as one where the whole time frame of a dozen albums or so, never existed or that Brian had zero creative talent until he met "them."  After reading much, but not being an eyewitness, I sort of feel they treated Brian as their "experiment." And maybe Mike doesn't go "far enough" calling these people out as predators, while the group was on the road.  And maybe he takes a more reserved stance.  I found it galling to read a poster disparaging Marilyn, and admitting to conspiring to break up the marriage.

If Mike is being interviewed, someone is asking for his reflections, not yours or mine. He lived it.  And, it is nothing short of a miracle that Brian ever survived it all. Not many could. And it had to have hurt them all to see him like that. Dennis' interview conveys the exact same information, and says the same thing, with Peter Fornatale. But, Mike is treated differently. Today, if someone gave your kids a drug, you'd sue for damages. And they could end up in jail. Especially if they were vulnerable to begin with.  Was Brian vulnerable? I'm not a doc.

You could argue if your spouse was given a drug, and now wasn't the same as before, you would be damaged or harmed, because the relationship had suffered.  Tim Leary got fired for giving his students LSD at Harvard. From everything I've read, I think he was a predator. He should have gone to jail, instead of being allowed to experiment on prisoners and divinity students.  

Now, some jurisdictions are starting to go after drug dealers for murder, if their "customer" overdoses and dies.  Is a substance "recreational" if someone ends up damaged? So, I'm thinking another way...we don't agree.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2015, 09:58:49 AM »

Hey Jude - First, you have no idea what my "taste is" in comedy.  That is a judgment. You don't know me.

Second, one must achieve a certain level of status on some level, to become parodied.  Eg.  Larry David playing Bernie Sanders.  It is a certain recognition to be parodied.  Larry was funny, and reports are that Bernie was pleased that someone as esteemed in comedy would take him on for a parody.  In the late 60's and 70's when fans didn't see Brian, there were many unkind remarks made.  What I can tell you is that at any show, Mike and Carl would often tell the audience that Brian was working hard in the studio. No doubt those unkind comments had reached their ears and they were in "protection mode." There was always a reference to Brian's work. Maybe to try to shut these unkind rumors up...

Those interviews aren't falsehoods, and I say that because of some of what I've read here.  Some of those very personages have posted here about those "days." And bragged about it, treating the situation as one where the whole time frame of a dozen albums or so, never existed or that Brian had zero creative talent until he met "them."  After reading much, but not being an eyewitness, I sort of feel they treated Brian as their "experiment." And maybe Mike doesn't go "far enough" calling these people out as predators, while the group was on the road.  And maybe he takes a more reserved stance.  I found it galling to read a poster disparaging Marilyn, and admitting to conspiring to break up the marriage.

If Mike is being interviewed, someone is asking for his reflections, not yours or mine. He lived it.  And, it is nothing short of a miracle that Brian ever survived it all. Not many could. And it had to have hurt them all to see him like that. Dennis' interview conveys the exact same information, and says the same thing, with Peter Fornatale. But, Mike is treated differently. Today, if someone gave your kids a drug, you'd sue for damages. And they could end up in jail. Especially if they were vulnerable to begin with.  Was Brian vulnerable? I'm not a doc.

You could argue if your spouse was given a drug, and now wasn't the same as before, you would be damaged or harmed, because the relationship had suffered.  Tim Leary got fired for giving his students LSD at Harvard. From everything I've read, I think he was a predator. He should have gone to jail, instead of being allowed to experiment on prisoners and divinity students.  

Now, some jurisdictions are starting to go after drug dealers for murder, if their "customer" overdoses and dies.  Is a substance "recreational" if someone ends up damaged? So, I'm thinking another way...we don't agree.

Of course I don't know your taste in comedy, that's the point I'm trying to make! It's subjective to the point that you can't say one thing is "Okay" and the other is just an agenda-fueled conspiracy. The same goes for reactions to something like comedy; those reactions can be pure or agenda-fueled.

Personally, I'd say it's no coincidence that most people watched this stupid YouTube video and kind of responded "Meh" or "lame", etc., while a couple usual suspects thought it was HILARIOUS!!! and a couple usual suspects were comically overly-outraged and indignant about it.

Beyond the first line of your post, I'm can only respectfully offer that I have no idea what you're talking about. Timothy Leary?

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2015, 10:09:31 AM »

Of course I don't know your taste in comedy, that's the point I'm trying to make! It's subjective to the point that you can't say one thing is "Okay" and the other is just an agenda-fueled conspiracy. The same goes for reactions to something like comedy; those reactions can be pure or agenda-fueled.

Personally, I'd say it's no coincidence that most people watched this stupid YouTube video and kind of responded "Meh" or "lame", etc., while a couple usual suspects thought it was HILARIOUS!!! and a couple usual suspects were comically overly-outraged and indignant about it.

Beyond the first line of your post, I'm can only respectfully offer that I have no idea what you're talking about. Timothy Leary?
Yup - during that horrible discussion a way back, I got to digging about that era.  Timothy Leary, was for a time, considered a celebrity.  What I learned was shocking to me.  And it was well worth the time to explore as much as I could to better understand what went on.  As people plumb the concept of quasi-medical experimentation on prisoners, or poor populations for drug companies, or students for money, they might find it as demonic as I do. 

Sorry if I was not clear. LSD has interesting multi-continental roots.

As far as the video, I found it lame.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2015, 10:17:41 AM »

It's a fillabuster for Mike Love's honor! Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »

It's a fillabuster for Mike Love's honor! Roll Eyes
Not really.  I'm just comparing a Dennis interview to the Mike one.

Although I'm flattered by your wit.  Wink

You went to college. It is just "compare and contrast."  LOL
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »

I found the Fallon sketch fairly funny but thought it outstayed it's welcome somewhat.
I've been laughing at the f*** U Mike Love song for years.
I thought the Hitler rant whilst listening to TWGMTR superb.
I find much of the Mike Love Photos thread to be very funny and have posted many myself (including the - to the best of my knowledge - only caption to be removed by the mods).

I'll laugh at anything I find funny, nothing's off limits to me. I'm a big fan of Mike but don't hold him up as a sacred cow (unlike certain people who are fans of other bandmembers).

However, this song, like the Mike and teenage girl sketch from the other week was just crap. Mike's bald! Mike sues people! Oh the hilarity! Surely unless you are one of the Gruesome Twosome it takes more than that to get a laugh?

I agree. I didn't find it funny.  I did find the "Gimme Some Doo" video hilarious but can't find it.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »

Give him some DUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBQCWwAp9I

Cue pinched faces and "that's not funny" brigade.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2015, 03:36:29 PM »

That's the one! Cheers Ontor. Cheesy
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2015, 12:44:40 AM »

Mike is an a-hole, Brian is crazy or mentally disabled, and Dennis hung out with Charles Manson-those are the big non-musical Beach Boy things you hear. Of those, Mike being called an a-hole is probably the least disturbing.

I've personally been over the "Mike Love is a Jerk" thing for quite some time. 

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2015, 07:27:27 AM »

And yes, we're talking something with a bit more bite than, say, Fallon's Beach Boys sketch

I've just looked for that, but couldn't find it. Even if it has no bite, does anyone have a link handy? Thank you in advance.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
KDS
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2015, 07:29:44 AM »

And yes, we're talking something with a bit more bite than, say, Fallon's Beach Boys sketch

I've just looked for that, but couldn't find it. Even if it has no bite, does anyone have a link handy? Thank you in advance.

Here you go.  I've never been a fan of Jimmy Fallon, but I'll admit, he's got Mike's moves down pretty well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKqgo-x780
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2015, 09:04:15 AM »

OK, that's only mildly funny, agreed. The best thing about that clip is to see those guys enjoy themselves and to find that even in this configuration it's a great tune musically.

IMHO Fallon doesn't have Mike's moves good - if so, they would look even sillier! Cheesy Personally, I enjoy Mike's silly dancing. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
KDS
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »

OK, that's only mildly funny, agreed. The best thing about that clip is to see those guys enjoy themselves and to find that even in this configuration it's a great tune musically.

IMHO Fallon doesn't have Mike's moves good - if so, they would look even sillier! Cheesy Personally, I enjoy Mike's silly dancing. Smiley

Like in the Stamos thread, if somehow Fallon's bit turns some of his younger fans onto the original song and other BB material, I'm OK with it. 

I don't mind Mike's dancing that much either.  It's really no worse than Mick Jagger. 
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2015, 09:32:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKqgo-x780 is that what you are looking for with jimmy fallon. I like the video fallon did a good job on this sketch

I also dont mind Mikes dancing. Its not great but it goofy and fun to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7IX39EKhl4 In that video he looks like good dancing around haha.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2015, 05:36:34 AM »

I'd rather listen to this

http://youtu.be/vfHEhuYYDM4

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2015, 02:04:18 PM »

Until Fallon did this, I'd never really laughed out loud at his jokes.  He pretty much converted me with one clip.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx